diazthechamp

Politics thread

2 hours ago, 12еr said:

And everyone thought I was a madman for suggesting he shouldn’t have shot with civilians in the line of fire and it turns out he did in fact hit the vehicle.

I expect a full retraction from all you boomers and a heartfelt apology. 😂

I'll maintain my position that they should have aimed for the legs and not tore the dudes back up. imo the series of bad moves Brooks made most notably shooting a taser at the closest officer, absolutely justified the officer shooting back, but it should not have been a torso shot

12 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Clearly that cop was out to get some bn aggers.

A lot of cops in bigger cities have complaints against them. Whether they have any merit is a completely different story. 

People aren't happy that they are being arrested and they think they can get payback by filing complaints. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Officer had prior complaints

Rolfe had several citizen complaints on his disciplinary record, all with notes that no action was taken, according to records released by the Atlanta Police Department.
He was also the subject of a 2016 use-of-force complaint that resulted in a written reprimand in 2017, the records show.

🤔🤔🤨🤔

And the dead violent criminal had a history of felony violence against his wife and childrens on 3 separate occasions spanning 15 months...and he was violent with the cops.

He was clearly just out for some violence against cops.

😒 😒 😒 😒

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm probably a terrible person for thinking this but i'm kinda pro purge now. 

All these people getting arrested all seem to have criminal histories & are too dumb to take the L to comply & just lawyer up plus the incompetent cops getting charged for going way too far with use of force 

It's win win. Long live Darwinism. The more that are weeded out the better. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

All these people getting arrested all seem to have criminal histories & are too dumb to take the L to comply & just lawyer up plus the incompetent cops getting charged for going way too far with use of force 

I need my bitcoin castle first...no purge until i have a mote filled with hungry louisiana gators

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

OK you ****ers, get your **** together.

Because you feel the need to kneel on some naggers neck, Old Aunt Jemima is being put out to pasture. 

I mean, clearly having a successful brand with a black women on the cover is racist as **** apparently,  but i dont want to have to write out, the syrup formally known as Aunt Jemima on a grocery list ffs.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Count me in as a turrible person too then because outta the last half dozen pages this is the best post yet, and actually makes the most sense, lol.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

Because you feel the need to kneel on some naggers neck, Old Aunt Jemima is being put out to pasture. 

I mean, clearly having a successful brand with a black women on the cover is racist as **** apparently,  but i dont want to have to write out, the syrup formally known as Aunt Jemima on a grocery list ffs.

Lol over here theres a brand of cheese called Coon that was named after a cheesemaker which gets dragged up every couple of years. A chitty "comedian" tried to stir up some controversy amongst the woke brigade, claiming moral superiority, ended up getting cancelled when video surfaced of him making some less than woke comments in a writers panel. 

A bunch of news outlets ran polls to check public support which came back at around 90-95% of people thinking  it was farking stupid.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/renewed-push-to-rename-coon-cheese-hits-stumbling-block-due-to-historic-detail/news-story/2ae1fc28984ec37093d70959837562e0

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SavageTC said:

Lol over here theres a brand of cheese called Coon that was named after a cheesemaker which gets dragged up every couple of years. A chitty "comedian" tried to stir up some controversy amongst the woke brigade, claiming moral superiority, ended up getting cancelled when video surfaced of him making some less than woke comments in a writers panel. 

A bunch of news outlets ran polls to check public support which came back at around 90-95% of people thinking  it was farking stupid.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/renewed-push-to-rename-coon-cheese-hits-stumbling-block-due-to-historic-detail/news-story/2ae1fc28984ec37093d70959837562e0

We have. Football team called the Edmonton Eskimos.  Same thing, every few years, and suprise suprise, the last few weeks, people get their offended hats on and act outraged at the name and how racist it is against natives.

What the morons fail to realize was the team owner back in the day, went to the far north and spoke with a few Eskimo tribes and got their blessing to name the team, they were honored that someone would name a team after them.

But that doesn't change the morons from trying to change the name because of their apparent white guilt. Even most Indians don't give a **** when the topic comes up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OmoGOAT said:

I'll maintain my position that they should have aimed for the legs and not tore the dudes back up. imo the series of bad moves Brooks made most notably shooting a taser at the closest officer, absolutely justified the officer shooting back, but it should not have been a torso shot

It’s risky to aim anywhere but center mass, dude. Hitting a leg that is in motion would be hard enough in perfect conditions, but these guys are almost certainly breathing heavy and have a quickened heart rate from the grappling. Then add in the adrenaline rush and it’s hard to shoot straight period. 

The Army tries to train you for this by doing live fire exercises that involve strenuous activity beforehand, such as sprinting in full battle rattle so you’re sucking wind right before you shoot. 

It’s hard as **** to shoot straight when you’re tired and you’re breathing is ****ed. Of course, we’re training to fire at targets that are from 50 to 400 meters away with a rifle, generally. That’s fairly different than shooting a guy who is 10-20 feet away with a pistol, but their marksmanship isn’t going to be at it’s best regardless.

It’s also worth reminding everyone that shooting someone in the leg isn’t really a non lethal option anyway. If you hit the femoral artery and don’t immediately tourniquet them they’re going to die in minutes.

Edited by 12еr
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 12еr said:

It’s risky to aim anywhere but center mass, dude. Hitting a leg that is in motion would be hard enough in perfect conditions, but these guys are almost certainly breathing heavy and have a quickened heart rate from the grappling. Then add in the adrenaline rush and it’s hard to shoot straight period. 

The Army tries to train you for this by doing live fire exercises that involve strenuous activity beforehand, such as sprinting in full battle rattle so you’re sucking wind right before you shoot. 

It’s hard as **** to shoot straight when you’re tired and you’re breathing is ****ed. Of course, we’re training to fire at targets that are from 50 to 400 meters away with a rifle, generally. That’s fairly different than shooting a guy who is 10-20 feet away with a pistol, but their marksmanship isn’t going to be at it’s best regardless.

It’s also worth reminding everyone that shooting someone in the leg isn’t really a non lethal option anyway. If you hit the femoral artery and don’t immediately tourniquet them they’re going to die in minutes.

I'm not sure there is a firearms instructor in the Country that would advise aiming for anything except center mass.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

I'm not sure there is a firearms instructor in the Country that would advise aiming for anything except center mass.

Yep, whenever I see someone suggest the police go for leg shots on fleeing suspects it is a telltale sign that they’re inexperienced and/or at least untrained with firearms. 

As for the reasonable doubt argument, I’ve decided to bow out of trying to debate that. I’m not a lawyer and the DA’s account of events basically confirmed a lot of what I was saying. Right or wrong, I have confirmation bias regardless.

The account from the DA’s office certainly added more damning context that the video doesn’t provide. 

Edited by 12еr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 12еr said:

Yep, whenever I see someone suggest the police go for leg shots on fleeing suspects it is a telltale sign that they’re inexperienced and/or at least untrained with firearms. 

As for the reasonable doubt argument, I’ve decided to bow out of trying to debate that. I’m not a lawyer and the DA’s account of events basically confirmed a lot of what I was saying. Right or wrong, I have confirmation bias regardless.

The account from the DA’s office certainly added more damning context that the video doesn’t provide. 

I'll certainly defer to you on firearms knowledge and what you're saying does make sense.

Maybe cops need a net gun or something because I dont know what else to say. 

I really dont blame the cop for shooting in that situation but it kinda seems like there's no middle ground. Its either dont shoot and let the damn criminal fire a taser at you, possibly escaping and hurting a citizen after the fact or shoot for center mass to put the assailant down in a hurry.

Read this a few minutes ago. Wonder how much truth or fiction there is to it when it was written.

"According to the FBI Uniform Crime Report and the Washington Post, last year there were 10 million arrests by police...10 Million!!

Out of those 10 MILLION arrests there were 1,004 officer involved fatalities.

Out of those 1,004 officer involved fatalities 41 were unarmed.

Out of those 41 officer involved unarmed fatalities, now you might find it hard to believe I know, but out of 41 deaths, now hear this...

19 were white - 19 WERE WHITE!
9 were black - 9 WERE BLACK!

Now 1 is 1 too many but to me 41 out of 10 million is pretty damn great!

Now ask me how many police officers were killed in the line of duty...take a wild guess...

89 police officers, but where’s the news on that one?

Just to bring it home to you. Take a guess at how many people were shot in CHICAGO just this last weekend.

In Chicago last weekend 82 people were shot within a 48 hour period. Of those 82 people 19 people died.

Yes you got it. In Chicago last weekend alone there were more black people killed by (wait for it...) black people than was killed by police all last year!

The hypocrisy is mind blowing.

Now please go research and see for yourself."

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OmoGOAT said:

I'll certainly defer to you on firearms knowledge and what you're saying does make sense.

Maybe cops need a net gun or something because I dont know what else to say. 

I really dont blame the cop for shooting in that situation but it kinda seems like there's no middle ground. Its either dont shoot and let the damn criminal fire a taser at you, possibly escaping and hurting a citizen after the fact or shoot for center mass to put the assailant down in a hurry.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m no expert. There’s definitely people on this forum that know more about weapons than I do and are probably better shots as well.

I just know what the Army taught me. I’m not even a gun enthusiast. 

Edited by 12еr
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

Read this a few minutes ago. Wonder how much truth or fiction there is to it when it was written.

"According to the FBI Uniform Crime Report and the Washington Post, last year there were 10 million arrests by police...10 Million!!

Out of those 10 MILLION arrests there were 1,004 officer involved fatalities.

Out of those 1,004 officer involved fatalities 41 were unarmed.

Out of those 41 officer involved unarmed fatalities, now you might find it hard to believe I know, but out of 41 deaths, now hear this...

19 were white - 19 WERE WHITE!
9 were black - 9 WERE BLACK!

Now 1 is 1 too many but to me 41 out of 10 million is pretty damn great!

Now ask me how many police officers were killed in the line of duty...take a wild guess...

89 police officers, but where’s the news on that one?

Just to bring it home to you. Take a guess at how many people were shot in CHICAGO just this last weekend.

In Chicago last weekend 82 people were shot within a 48 hour period. Of those 82 people 19 people died.

Yes you got it. In Chicago last weekend alone there were more black people killed by (wait for it...) black people than was killed by police all last year!

Now please go research and see for yourself."

The guy wrote that 1 is too many, then said that 41 is great.

Was this written by Trunk?

Edited by 12еr

Just now, 12еr said:

The guy wrote that 1 is 1, then said that 41 is great.

Was this written by Trunk?

Honestly I skimmed it and asked the question here.

Could be 100% bs wrote by baby Trump,  or 100% facts written by someone in a hurry. 

Just figured there are people more knowledgeable on the numbers down there than I am and figured I'd see if it had merit or not.

1 minute ago, MoZZez said:

Could be 100% bs wrote by baby Trump,  or 100% facts written by someone in a hurry. 

Just figured there are people more knowledgeable on the numbers down there than I am and figured I'd see if it had merit or not.

To me he's saying that 1 death is too many as in obviously even 1 death is tragic but overall 41 out of 10 million is a very acceptable ratio

• Like 1

Just now, OmoGOAT said:

To me he's saying that 1 death is too many as in obviously even 1 death is tragic but overall 41 out of 10 million is a very acceptable ratio

My bad. Seems I am skimming too much and should head to bed.

Yes 1 bad shoot/kill is to many. But when you compare numbers, the outrage does seem laughable if people wanted to fix the issue.

Its also worth noting that being unarmed didn't mean the officers were not justified, or being armed meant they were. 

Anyway, with that note, I'll shut up and head to bed before I miss read something else.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

I don’t need to see the numbers to know more black people kill black people each year than the police do. I’m equally positive that more white people kill white people each year than the police do.

That doesn’t excuse police brutality regardless. It’s a pointless deflection away from the key issue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, OmoGOAT said:

Yes, that’s a double negative and a meaningful platitude.

You can’t say that one is too many.... but. He already established that one is too many, so 41 is a travesty. 

30 minutes ago, 12еr said:

It’s a pointless deflection away from the key issue.

Typical mozzez lol

57 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

I can’t see any fault on the part of Fox News here, using a deleted tweet as your primary source is journalism 101.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 12еr said:

I can’t see any fault on the part of Fox News here, using a deleted tweet as your primary source is journalism 101.

thats what seperates the paperboys from the mailmen

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

3 hours ago, 12еr said:

@Fred_Flink_Stoned.

Please advise our transatlantic colleagues regarding the Dutch policing policy. Thank you. 

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, MoZZez said:

They bodied Uncle Ben's and Mrs. Butterworths too. I believe the outrage was at "stereotypes".

Note to self: It's important to never assume an old black person knows how to cook in 2020. It's pure unbridled racism.

Edited by cashfl0w
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MoZZez said:

Numbers work both ways. How many black people in Chicago, weren’t shot or injured, last weekend.. 

There are bad apples everywhere in life. 

21 hours ago, Jolldan said:

I’m a bit suprised this tension between China and India isn’t getting more attention. Worlds two most populated countries decide to go at it things will get bad.

A Skirmish in Galwan Valley: India and China’s Deadliest Clash in More Than 50 Years

After the death of at least 20 Indian soldiers, the Sino-Indian border has heated up to levels unseen in recent years.

June 17, 2020

Edited by Bezerker101

Surprised to see they are actually charging the cop who killed Rayshard Brooks with murder. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Surprised to see they are actually charging the cop who killed Rayshard Brooks with murder. 

image.png.bb18ff97bce9de48d7fb055c88c54941.png

• Like 1

Brooks' mom cries as she talks about how arresting the officers is a good first step. 

That made me take a brief second to imagine her words and actions if he was shot by a fellow black dude, who wasn't wearing a badge....

I can't help but assume she's sitting in silence somewhere, not saying a word to police, not asking for anybody to be prosecuted. The irony of how they all turn into upright citizens the minute they're shot by the cops is never lost on me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 12еr said:

The DA was playing Trial By Media immediately after they saw this. Whether you agree with what happened or not, it's ridiculous that they are doing that before or after charges are being made.

Attorneys shouldn't be able to speak to the media until after trial. It takes away a person's right to a fair trial as they are trying to sway jurors before a court date has even been set. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 12еr said:

That doesn’t excuse police brutality regardless. It’s a pointless deflection away from the key issue.

Not saying it excuses police brutality. 

I'm saying that if the numbers are correct, there really isn't much of an issue if police brutality. 

I'm also saying that if the people of Black Lives Matter  believe Black lives matter, then they should be focusing on the tens of thousands of blacks killed, instead of just the handful by police. Specifically white police.

The community seems pretty quiet when it comes to them killing each other or when a black officer kills a black person, or even a black officer kills a white person.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Typical mozzez lol

here i will give you a post more to your understanding.

"LOL"

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

ATL PD supposedly walked off the job last night...trying to find sources.

Blue-Flu

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

conflicting reports but ATLPD refutes the claim.

New tidbit regarding the case:  Georgia law considers a taser a deadly weapon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

conflicting reports but ATLPD refutes the claim.

New tidbit regarding the case:  Georgia law considers a taser a deadly weapon.

So they were trying to kill him for resisting arrest, I’d say he was justified to fight back if that’s the case. 

What a **** show. 

Apparently the GBI hadn’t finished its investigation yet either. 

14 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

MSM is reporting a large number call-outs. Sounds like most of them just decided they'd rather not be thrown to the wolves by the mayor. Can't say I blame them.

I think the number one problem with law enforcement in America is the training. They're trained to just dump a clip on the first idiot looking funny. They need to be trained NOT to escalate the violence. And frankly, some of them shouldn't be on the job because they're not physically capable of doing it. I'm picturing a fat cheerleader broad from my high school who is now a beat cop. Straight up, she isn't taking me into custody alone unless I allow it. She shouldn't be a cop, because she doesn't have a choice but to shoot me if I get large on her. That shouldn't be my responsibility to keep them safe. It should be theirs.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 12еr said:

So they were trying to kill him for resisting arrest, I’d say he was justified to fight back if that’s the case. 

What a **** show. 

Apparently the GBI hadn’t finished its investigation yet either. 

Lay out the line of thinking for me...I'm not connecting how saying - GA says a taser is a deadly weapon - to you saying - So they were trying to kill him for resisting arrest

EDIT:  GBI results will be interesting

Edited by SVTContour98

Just now, Jolldan said:

Can’t see this ending well. 

i havent been able to confirm these claims are true yet...ATL PD deny...nothing solid yet

• Like 1

13 hours ago, juice64011 said:

A lot of cops in bigger cities have complaints against them. Whether they have any merit is a completely different story. 

People aren't happy that they are being arrested and they think they can get payback by filing complaints. 

Maybe but it also takes some effort to go and file a complaint...most people wouldn't bother unless something really happened.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, VertFTW said:

Maybe but it also takes some effort to go and file a complaint...most people wouldn't bother unless something really happened.

I'm sure that would hold up in court.

11 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

Lay out the line of thinking for me...I'm not connecting how saying - GA says a taser is a deadly weapon - to you saying - So they were trying to kill him for resisting arrest

A taser is supposed to be the non lethal option for police to use when escalating force. I think that is generally understood by most people. If I’m not mistaken, police are hit with a taser as part of their training with a taser. It’s not expected to kill someone 99% of the time.

However, if Georgia law considers it a deadly weapon then why are the police using them at all? If it’s a deadly weapon then they are admitting they use lethal force when a suspect resists arrest without a weapon which seems inappropriate. I’m sure if you asked the Atlanta PD if they are trying to kill people with tasers they would scoff at you.

The law seems inconsistent here. If the taser is in the states hand, it’s non lethal. If it’s in the citizens hand, it is a lethal weapon. It seems the taser is classified as whatever is most convenient for the state at any given moment.

Edited by 12еr
  • Like 1