diazthechamp

Politics thread

21 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

FB_IMG_1602523208233.jpg

Only dumb wops care about Columbus. 

47 minutes ago, TwennyFo said:

Lol. Reading not your strong point i guess.

What part did I misread? Where you say TUF couldn't keep up with a fat slob or where Trump travels across the country like so many others do? Except others drive themselves, cook for themselves, go to meetings on their own and don't need a hired hand to wipe their **** because they are so morbidly obese?

• Like 1

Chaps, I'm after a small amount of bi-partisan enlightenment.

What does a Supreme Court Judge actually do?  My limited understanding was that they are responsible for applying the law and the constitution in "contentious" situations.  But they're not actually setting new laws, right? 

Please advise, I'm curious. Thank you in advance.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bubba_Sparks said:

What does a Supreme Court Judge actually do?  My limited understanding was that they are responsible for applying the law and the constitution in "contentious" situations.  But they're not actually setting new laws, right? 

Yes and no.

By interpretation they are accused of making new laws.

For instance gay marriage. The Republicans say they have legislated Gay marriage by their interpretation.  As such, they say it should have been left to Congress or the states.

Same can be said about citizens united, Democrats screamed that the courts legislated businesses to be looked at as persons.

The job is supposed to be neutral and based on the law, but you can clearly see it is as political as they come and the political affiliations of the judges normally split down political lines.

2 hours ago, TwennyFo said:

You think you could keep up with his itinerary ?? No, i didn't think so, lol. You're half his age yet you have neither the physical nor mental stamina required to last a week at his pace.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_presidential_trips_made_by_Donald_Trump_(2020).

its climbing all those stairs to get on his airplane and go on all those afternoon golf trips every day on the taxpayer dollar that are the only thing keeping him in shape and the only reason the trumpster isnt in a god damn wheelchair already

but then again, doctor donnie's body is a miracle brought down from god that whooped the china viruses a$$ within just 3 or 4 days after his twitter diagnosis, without ever leaving a trace behind or even being contagious. nobody else has a body that could ktfo the kung flu the way the trumpster ktfo'd the kung flu. especially not obama.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

They interpret the laws, particularly in relation to the constitution and are the last line in major cases that get appealed. Their decisions are considered final and all the rest of the courts in the country have to accept and apply their decisions to any cases that come before them. They are also a check on the legislative and executive branches of Government because they have the sole ability to deem an action unconstitutional and therefore illegal.

The justices are appointed by the President and approved or disapproved by the senate. Once confirmed they have lifetime seats. 

In 2016 there was a vacancy in January and the GOP controlled senate refused to even bring Obama’s nominee to a floor vote. They invented a new rule that Presidents can’t appoint justices in their last year, and that the voters should decide who appoints the next justice,  a precedent they are now breaking in the very next election cycle.

After stealing a seat, and then somehow convincing another judge to suddenly retire, they are poised to appoint a third justice. This means Trunk will have appointed 1/3rd of the justices who will be on the court for decades. 

The courts should be a-political, but each side appoint judges that share their political views, so you will often see cases voted on according to party lines.

The rub here is that the number of justices on the court is not written in the constitution, it is decided by congress and has been as high as 10 before. It’s been the current 9 since the 1800’s, but Republicans are afraid that if they get swept from the senate and lose the White House the dems will “pack” the courts by increasing the number of judges on it to water down their majority.

I’m in favor of it, I don’t want to live in a Christian theocracy because the republicans are norm destroying ****s.

Edited by 12еr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

Libertarian

Fairly accurate. If i had to label myself politically I'm an independent with a heavy libertarian leaning but i am a centrist overall that is very anti-woke. 

GOP is trash but the Dem party today is total trash is the way i see it. I can't relate to them at all anymore. Rep party policy wise at least i can relate to some of them a little. There's almost nothing i can agree with the left on anymore at least not their version of it. They went to far left with almost everything. Rep party hasn't shifted as much like the left has. 

Mozzez is super confused. I guess he thinks everyone that isn't a Trump h8'er & really doesn't like what the Dem party has shifted towards is somehow a republican. 

Seems a lot of people think that way. People think because you're not for one thing you must be for it's perceived opposite. 

Also every time i see my name brought up in a thread trying to slander my good name i be like....

P4010.gif

🤣

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 2

The proudboys to leathermen thing is probably the funniest $hit i seen all week. 

Halloween could be lit this yr lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

They tore down Teddy/

image.png.81c419cbb33f3fc755232c84b1cfcf74.png

image.png.76acb83bfc217146e08ae1983e8ea1ae.png

this kind of chit wouldnt happen in canada

• Like 1

California Republicans Set Up Unofficial Ballot Drop-Off Boxes Deemed Illegal By State Officials

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladi...emed-illegal-by-state-officials/#7fd454801995
---

California Republicans Have Installed Fake Ballot Boxes at Churches, Gyms, and Gun Stores

California Republicans are allegedly trying to prove that voter fraud is real by committing actual election fraud.

Metal containers marked “Official ballot drop-off box” have been popping up in gyms, gun stores, campaign headquarters, and even churches across California in recent weeks, with Republicans urging voters to drop their ballots inside.

But these boxes are not official ballot drop boxes, and the Republicans who have been actively promoting them in recent weeks could face criminal charges.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/dyz...-ballot-boxes-at-churches-gyms-and-gun-stores
---

California GOP installed unofficial ballot drop-off boxes. State officials say they’re illegal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/10/12/california-illegal-ballot-boxes/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, classicboxer said:

Waiting for 12er..................

I’m not sure why they are going after a progressive president (for his time), but I also am not going to shed any crocodile tears for an inanimate object either.

At least not an easily replaceable one, if they try to knock down the statute of liberty then we’ll have to revisit the matter.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, 12еr said:

I’m not sure why they are going after a progressive president (for his time), but I also am not going to shed any crocodile tears for an inanimate object either.

At least not an easily replaceable one, if they try to knock down the statute of liberty then we’ll have to revisit the matter.

they wont topple the statue of liberty because they dont want France to declare war on America, only for France to surrender a few hours later.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, 12еr said:

They interpret the laws, particularly in relation to the constitution and are the last line in major cases that get appealed. Their decisions are considered final and all the rest of the courts in the country have to accept and apply their decisions to any cases that come before them. They are also a check on the legislative and executive branches of Government because they have the sole ability to deem an action unconstitutional and therefore illegal.

The justices are appointed by the President and approved or disapproved by the senate. Once confirmed they have lifetime seats. 

In 2016 there was a vacancy in January and the GOP controlled senate refused to even bring Obama’s nominee to a floor vote. They invented a new rule that Presidents can’t appoint justices in their last year, and that the voters should decide who appoints the next justice,  a precedent they are now breaking in the very next election cycle.

After stealing a seat, and then somehow convincing another judge to suddenly retire, they are poised to appoint a third justice. This means Trunk will have appointed 1/3rd of the justices who will be on the court for decades. 

The courts should be a-political, but each side appoint judges that share their political views, so you will often see cases voted on according to party lines.

The rub here is that the number of justices on the court is not written in the constitution, it is decided by congress and has been as high as 10 before. It’s been the current 9 since the 1800’s, but Republicans are afraid that if they get swept from the senate and lose the White House the dems will “pack” the courts by increasing the number of judges on it to water down their majority.

I’m in favor of it, I don’t want to live in a Christian theocracy because the republicans are norm destroying ****s.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

lol

I'd say its a sad state when Trump is right about Joe, and Joe is right about Trump, and those 2 are deemed the best and brightest to lead what is supposed to be the strongest nation in the world.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MoZZez said:

I'd say its a sad state when Trump is right about Joe, and Joe is right about Trump, and those 2 are deemed the best and brightest to lead what is supposed to be the strongest nation in the world.

my thoughts and prayers go out to americans. its truly a dark time.   hopefully they can all pull through this until 2024. or maybe 2044 if trump refuses to concede, throws away the constitution, and makes himself the nations great dictator.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

She told Wolf CNN he was full of chiit, sounds about right...won't get that 13 minutes back of my life.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bwana said:

She told Wolf CNN he was full of chiit, sounds about right...won't get that 13 minutes back of my life.

I like how he was antagonizing her at the end and she was just jumping at him to tell him she is right and she knows voters.

Ding bat being called out and she lost her ****.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Bwana said:

She killing her 29% favorability rating

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

She killing her 29% favorability rating

29%?

How the fuxk do 29% of people like that hag?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MoZZez said:

29%?

How the fuxk do 29% of people like that hag?

shes got a grandma face. 8/8 i would glory hole that

-Hearing dual town-halls tomorrow,  Biden/ ABC & Trump/ NBC - 8:00pm est

Stephanopoulos/ Guthrie

image.png.2af2d51677781264dd1c9df62f362f25.png

Edited by Bezerker101

Why are there a bunch of rednecks queuing for 11 hours to vote 3 weeks before the election? It's a tad confusing.

I suspect @Bwana might have something to do with it?

Also, i like what I've seen of this ACB woman. Give her the job and move on instead of everyone making themself look a bit silly.  Asking if her if she agrees with white supremacy seems like a rather strange interview question.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Why are there a bunch of rednecks queuing for 11 hours to vote 3 weeks before the election? It's a tad confusing.

Also, i like what I've seen of this ACB woman. Give her the job and move on instead of everyone making themself look a bit silly.  Asking if her if she agrees with white supremacy seems like a rather strange interview question.

It is a total farce,  if Barretts father was a convicted KKK hitman, .. she would still be confirmed,

and Hirono basically asking her if she was a sexual deviate with 6 of her children present was just asinine .  👀

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

and Hirono basically asking her if she was a sexual deviate with 6 of her children present was just asinine .  👀

Dear Hirono.

It's coming, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I knew you were racist!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

@Bwana 

Asking if her if she agrees with white supremacy seems like a rather strange interview question.

Especially when she has 2 black children.

• Haha 1