diazthechamp

Politics thread

1 hour ago, Conceive-Believe-Achieve said:

@-idyb- You've already said, I'm your Favorite member..... I'm disappointed in you 

He was drunk, trust me on this.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, T.B.E said:

Or you could assume based on my post history (and/or post count) that I don't frequent this site on a daily basis.

Georgia found thousands of missed ballots with the recount that heavily went to Trump, but of course they still didn't require proper verification of the signatures to weed out any dubious ones. That was thanks to a law the state passed before the election in response to fat abrhams crying that everything is racist. Which is of course why they passed a new law for the senate run offs. Same ol' playbook. Speaking of, Biden has been getting the old band back together using Obama era retreads for his admin, and that worked so well for the country the first time. Happy days 

They found 800 votes for Trump and 1200 votes for Biden.

We were all laughing at the Trump tards who ignored the Biden votes to try to form a narrative.

You’re still delusional. Sad.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, T.B.E said:

Or you could assume based on my post history (and/or post count) that I don't frequent this site on a daily basis.

Georgia found thousands of missed ballots with the recount that heavily went to Trump, but of course they still didn't require proper verification of the signatures to weed out any dubious ones. That was thanks to a law the state passed before the election in response to fat abrhams crying that everything is racist. Which is of course why they passed a new law for the senate run offs. Same ol' playbook. Speaking of, Biden has been getting the old band back together using Obama era retreads for his admin, and that worked so well for the country the first time. Happy days 

Do you believe that Trump is the true winner of the election, and that the election was stolen and awarded to Biden as a result of fraud?

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, 12еr said:

They found 800 votes for Trump and 1200 votes for Biden.

We were all laughing at the Trump tards who ignored the Biden votes to try to form a narrative.

You’re still delusional. Sad.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2020/11/17/recount-trims-bidens-lead-in-georgia-by-over-1000-votes/?sh=957a7719b840

5000 missed votes is a problem no matter who they are for. Every vote counts, remember?

I've called for legitimacy so that neither side can have a whiff of suspicion.

You're still hung up on "Trump tards". Now that's sad

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, LennyTheBat said:

Do you believe that Trump is the true winner of the election, and that the election was stolen and awarded to Biden as a result of fraud?

I believe that shadiness took place based solely on the numbers. Conspiracy theories are just that. Whether that shadiness affected the ultimate outcome? I have no idea. I do know that the election process has been exposed and really needs a rethink to maintain some sort of legitimacy in the eyes of the country because that's more important than who wins or loses. Presidents come and go, same as they always have, some good, some bad. Although Obama hasn't figured out the go away part just yet. 

Edited by T.B.E
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, T.B.E said:

georgia added those extra ballots they found to the 2nd count, and will also be counted in the 3rd recount, maybe even the 4th, 5th, and 6th recount if trump doesnt get tired of losing,. even if all those missing votes were all for trump, there wasnt enough of them to change the outcome of the georgia election

but to my understanding what i learned from good ole sidney powell the other day before trump shіtcanned her,   trump really lost georgia because republican governor and avid trump supporter,  brian kemp, as well as republican secretary of state brad raffensberger were bribed by Venezuela

call me crazy, but i think that Borat might have actually been behind this.  stop the steal!

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bwana said:

He was drunk, trust me on this.

my account was hacked by russians when it posted that

Edited by -idyb-

2 hours ago, LennyTheBat said:

i dont know about you guys but im not all in on the conspiracies thrown out there without evidence.  i really dont think this alleged fraud had anything to do with these dominion voting machines that the republicans brought in and had absolutely no qualms about in 2016 up until after the 2020 election was over.     i'm also not buyinng their crazy fraud theories on big tech, qanon, deep state, george soros, aliens from mars, mickey mouse, venezuela, and hugo fukking chavez stealing their election

i dont even know if the actual fraud of the election consists of donald trump asking for money from his fanbase to help pay for all of his frivolous lawsuits. though  i doubt even rudy and the rest of good old spanky's legal stooges will ever see even a dime from donnie after this is all over with

i've done a bit of thinking, ive done my research watching youtube videos and reading the comment sections, and now i'm 99% certain that Borat was behind this election fraud scandal.  nobody is going to convince me otherwise.

Edited by -idyb-

26 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

my account was hacked by russians when it posted that

Zerk ?

apparently thats the safe space that all the trumpets tucked tail and ran to after all the years of calling everyone a snowflake.  

and from what i'm seeing, you can't even unlock all of its features, like direct messaging, without submitting your Social Security Number and a photo of your driver's license, and they don't give any compelling reason why

so if this is true, thats rather concerning.

1 minute ago, Bwana said:

Zerk ?

perhaps.  but i dont even think he would be crazy enough to tap into my account just to call wickles my favorite poster

1 hour ago, T.B.E said:

I believe that shadiness took place based solely on the numbers. Conspiracy theories are just that. Whether that shadiness affected the ultimate outcome? I have no idea. I do know that the election process has been exposed and really needs a rethink to maintain some sort of legitimacy in the eyes of the country because that's more important than who wins or loses. Presidents come and go, same as they always have, some good, some bad. Although Obama hasn't figured out the go away part just yet. 

The billionaire leader of the free world -  with all of his power, access, resources, support, and money -- and with his ability to see it coming from a year out -- you'd think he'd have found something by now.  Something more than Rudy Giuliani leaking embalming fluid.

I think there was just a normal amount of shadiness found in every large election, and that this was a clean victory for Biden.

1 hour ago, T.B.E said:

On Friday, Mr. Trump filed a lawsuit in the Michigan Court of Appeals in an attempt to block the recount there, which had not yet begun. “If the Bureau of Elections moves forward with the recount, it will waste the State’s scarce resources, create a logistical nightmare for counties across the State, and assure that Michigan’s Electoral College voters will not be counted,” the filing said.

Bill Schuette, Michigan’s attorney general, filed a separate lawsuit in a bid to halt the recount, saying that it put the state’s voters at risk of “paying millions and potentially losing their voice in the Electoral College in the process.”

lol Trunk said pre-election that if Biden won, the stock market would crash and it just passed 30,000 for the first time ever. 

Joe Biden Laugh GIF - JoeBiden Laugh Laughing - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

so in oregon only 6 people can gather for thanksgiving

legal:

merlin_173047122_6810b389-8342-48fa-a203

illegal:

thanksgiving-family-dinner-SURVIVE1116.j

someone should get in their car and go Karen cruising on thanksgiving, looking for houses with too many cars parked in front, so they can report them to police and hold these people accountable for acts of biological warfare

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, LennyTheBat said:

The billionaire leader of the free world -  with all of his power, access, resources, support, and money -- and with his ability to see it coming from a year out -- you'd think he'd have found something by now.  Something more than Rudy Giuliani leaking embalming fluid.

I think there was just a normal amount of shadiness found in every large election, and that this was a clean victory for Biden.

Trump's leadership has been undermined for 4 years from multiple angles. Even before that if you count Obama spying on him and his people while he was campaigning. He hasn't been able to just snap his fingers for anything, why would this be any different

Multiple states passed laws right before this election because of cries of racism and the rona. A record amount of votes for both candidates, massive mail-in ballots, riots, etc.. Nothing about this election would be considered normal.

Besides, normal shadiness shouldn't be acceptable but will continue so long as each state can choose how it regulates federal elections. Chit, Colorado just passed a resolution to let California decide who their electoral votes will go to. Coloradans can now just stay in South Park and not bother voting. Just another Dem state going that unconstitutional route

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, T.B.E said:

Trump's leadership has been undermined for 4 years from multiple angles. Even before that if you count Obama spying on him and his people while he was campaigning. He hasn't been able to just snap his fingers for anything, why would this be any different

Multiple states passed laws right before this election because of cries of racism and the rona. A record amount of votes for both candidates, massive mail-in ballots, riots, etc.. Nothing about this election would be considered normal.

Besides, normal shadiness shouldn't be acceptable but will continue so long as each state can choose how it regulates federal elections. Chit, Colorado just passed a resolution to let California decide who their electoral votes will go to. Coloradans can now just stay in South Park and not bother voting. Just another Dem state going that unconstitutional route

Undermined for 4 years? 

Republicans controlled the house and senate for the first two years and the senate for the last two.

The reason he didn’t get anything done is because he is incompetent. 

34 minutes ago, T.B.E said:

Trump is not normal.  He's abnormal. You are hypnotized by an abnormal orange man with a pompadour comb-over and bone spurs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

47 minutes ago, LennyTheBat said:

Trump is not normal.  He's abnormal. You are hypnotized by an abnormal orange man with a pompadour comb-over and bone spurs.

I absolutely agree with the above 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, LennyTheBat said:

Bruh, you can't still be doing the Orange Man Bad routine..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I saw Joe in his cabinet meet & greet today, he walked like I do after 9 drinks....over/under on him making it 4 years ?

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Bwana said:

I saw Joe in his cabinet meet & greet today, he walked like I do after 9 drinks....over/under on him making it 4 years ?

4 years, I do t think he will make it 4 months.

President Kamala will bring out the greatest trolling, tears and political stiff this generation will ever see!

I cannot wait until February 17th and her swearing in ceremony! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, POTUF said:

lol Trunk said pre-election that if Biden won, the stock market would crash and it just passed 30,000 for the first time ever. 

Joe Biden Laugh GIF - JoeBiden Laugh Laughing - Discover & Share GIFs

Has nothing to do with either of them. 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

But but but its for the great good. 

FB_IMG_1606274691322.jpg

Those are DINO's? Fake democrats. 

Real ones would have been torching those places!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StompGrind said:

Has nothing to do with either of them. 

Yes it does and literally every market analyst has said so. Hence why its gone up ever since its looked like Biden won it. Yes, the vaccine too but if Biden winning would tank the stock market so badly, why is it rising everytime Biden makes a cabinent hire or when odds go down for Trumps chances.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, POTUF said:

Yes it does and literally every market analyst has said so. Hence why its gone up ever since its looked like Biden won it. Yes, the vaccine too but if Biden winning would tank the stock market so badly, why is it rising everytime Biden makes a cabinent hire or when odds go down for Trumps chances.

Lol who some analyst on CNN or some BS finance news channel with an agenda or idiots on twitter? 

Politics don't actually matter that much to the stock market. What was the stock market at b4 Nov 3. It was already nearly at 27. & Nov is traditionally a good month plus it's been riding momentum for a while. Frankly it likely would have gone up & probably hit 30 either way. 

Yes there are fickle shifts day to day but it doesn't matter that much whatever dumb fk is president. It's almost totally irrelevant who the president is. It doesn't move the needle that much.  

The sentiment of some sort of political victory for plebs & partisan hacks thinking their lol politics effects the stock market that much is really cute. 

• Confused 1

Absolutely Covid & related events this yr had WAY more of an impact on the stock market than whatever dummy is in the oval office. 

People actually thinking that office is some sacred thing is so cute when literally we could put a monkey in & things would be fine. 

It almost has zero bearing on anyone's lives. 

• Haha 1

If you look at averages over time then it may actually matter a little. Fickle day to day not so much. Iss normal. 

In other words if it reach's say 5 benchmarks for crushing or sinking over a period of time then you actually have something to go on & even then it's speculative because of other factors that could have an effect on the markets. 

Presidential elections do move the needle a miniscule amount relative to everything else. It "kinda" matters but it mostly doesn't is a more accurate way to say it. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Lol who some analyst on CNN or some BS finance news channel with an agenda or idiots on twitter? 

Politics don't actually matter that much to the stock market. What was the stock market at b4 Nov 3. It was already nearly at 27. & Nov is traditionally a good month plus it's been riding momentum for a while. Frankly it likely would have gone up & probably hit 30 either way. 

Yes there are fickle shifts day to day but it doesn't matter that much whatever dumb fk is president. It's almost totally irrelevant who the president is. It doesn't move the needle that much.  

The sentiment of some sort of political victory for plebs & partisan hacks thinking their lol politics effects the stock market that much is really cute. 

I'm not getting into the whole Biden v Trump impact on the stock market, but the stock market is a lot about sentiment.  And whilst maybe they don't for you personally, politics, and the person in charge has a huge impact on sentiment, especially in the short term.

This was particularly evident during the financial crash 10+ years ago.  Companies with excellent balance sheets, business models that did not rely on free and easy credit for them or their customers and a clear growth plan for the future got tanked pretty much as heavily as everyone else because the whole world was full of doom and gloom.  

Corona's impact on the stock market has varied from country to country.  The FTSE 100 (UK top 100 companies) went from 7500, to a low of under 5,000 and is now around 6,400.  UK's top 100 companies are mainly old skool, traditional companies, such as banks, mining companies, food distributors, supermarkets etc.  Those companies struggle in a pandemic.

OTOH, the Dow is much more tech heavy, and tech. companies have done pretty well as a result of Corona. Consequently after the initial dip, it's risen steadily The Nasdaq is even more tech. focused, and that's steadily gone up all year.  

I see short term fluctuations as short-term driven, longer term fluctuations more about the fundamentals.  And those fundamentals are impacted by policy decisions (such as minimum wages, corporation tax, VAT etc.).  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

If you look at averages over time then it may actually matter a little. Fickle day to day not so much. Iss normal. 

In other words if it reach's say 5 benchmarks for crushing or sinking over a period of time then you actually have something to go on & even then it's speculative because of other factors that could have an effect on the markets. 

Presidential elections do move the needle a miniscule amount relative to everything else. It "kinda" matters but it mostly doesn't is a more accurate way to say it. 

Damm....Stomp just said in a couple of sentences what I said in several paragraphs.  This is a disturbing role reversal!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bubba_Sparks said:

Damm....Stomp just said in a couple of sentences what I said in several paragraphs.  This is a disturbing role reversal!

Thanx i'm trying to get better at that....But yeah that was my point that yeah it kind of matters but not like people think it does. 

That sentiment you mentioned It's similar in ways to conspiracy type stuff with people trying to connect things A-Z for some narrative.

Basically stock market gonna stock market & regardless presidential election whomever won is pretty much a fart in the wind imo.

Over a long period of time obviously policy can have a sharp impact. Short term tends to bounce back n forth & don't quite matter as much. When that becomes a pattern or trend is when you actually have the meat to go with the potato lol

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I'm not getting into the whole Biden v Trump impact on the stock market, but the stock market is a lot about sentiment.  And whilst maybe they don't for you personally, politics, and the person in charge has a huge impact on sentiment, especially in the short term.

This was particularly evident during the financial crash 10+ years ago.  Companies with excellent balance sheets, business models that did not rely on free and easy credit for them or their customers and a clear growth plan for the future got tanked pretty much as heavily as everyone else because the whole world was full of doom and gloom.  

Corona's impact on the stock market has varied from country to country.  The FTSE 100 (UK top 100 companies) went from 7500, to a low of under 5,000 and is now around 6,400.  UK's top 100 companies are mainly old skool, traditional companies, such as banks, mining companies, food distributors, supermarkets etc.  Those companies struggle in a pandemic.

OTOH, the Dow is much more tech heavy, and tech. companies have done pretty well as a result of Corona. Consequently after the initial dip, it's risen steadily The Nasdaq is even more tech. focused, and that's steadily gone up all year.  

I see short term fluctuations as short-term driven, longer term fluctuations more about the fundamentals.  And those fundamentals are impacted by policy decisions (such as minimum wages, corporation tax, VAT etc.).  

When a Swedish Brit expat knows more about the American stock market/politics than the American debating him...

It's funny how Always Trumpers - not necessarily Stompgrind - want to give Trump credit for all the stock market gains but none when it's someone else. 

Anybody arguing that an administration and their policies and the faith that investors have in them, don't play a huge role in the stock market, need to heed the wise words of Warwest and slap them damn selves. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, POTUF said:

When a Swedish Brit expat knows more about the American stock market/politics than the American debating him...

It's funny how Always Trumpers - not necessarily Stompgrind - want to give Trump credit for all the stock market gains but none when it's someone else. 

Anybody arguing that an administration and their policies and the faith that investors have in them, don't play a huge role in the stock market, need to heed the wise words of Warwest and slap them damn selves. 

No you went full potato trying to give credit where it's not due. :P

Honestly neither one of them built that. - Thanx Obama. Trump not so humble bragging about it is laughable at best. 

Trump's policies had an effect over time don't get me wrong but he had little to do with that climb. Business & the markets simply adapt to whoever holds office. 

With Covid uncertainty, more disruptive tech on the way, monopolies centralizing position even more & big companies not really hiring & or at reduced wages/value for dollar vs rising GDP. Many people are working more for less that's been the trend for decades now & eventually somethings gonna give...

Congress better get to work on that next stimulus bill to tide the plebs over & gov better be real careful about lockdown policy come next yr. Delicate situation that's a bit of a powder keg. 

Edited by StompGrind

19 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

No you went full potato trying to give credit where it's not due. :P

Honestly neither one of them built that. - Thanx Obama. Trump not so humble bragging about it is laughable at best. 

Trump's policies had an effect over time don't get me wrong but he had little to do with that climb. Business & the markets simply adapt to whoever holds office. 

With Covid uncertainty, more disruptive tech on the way, monopolies centralizing position even more & big companies not really hiring & or at reduced wages/value for dollar vs rising GDP. Many people are working more for less that's been the trend for decades now & eventually somethings gonna give...

Congress better get to work on that next stimulus bill to tide the plebs over & gov better be real careful about lockdown policy come next yr. Delicate situation that's a bit of a powder keg. 

I think a re-read is in order good sir. Was just having a giggle at Drumpf saying if Biden won, the market would crash. Biden won and the market has been surging, including breaking 30k for the first time following the news that Trump was essentially conceding. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Presidents have influence over the economy but some have more than others. It depends on their policies and focus. 

Trump had numerous economic friendly policies, multiple CEOs saying they would keep or bring their business back to the US, and his unemployment numbers were said to be almost impossible. His trade wars held us back some in the short term but could have been good in the long term. 

Obama restarted our economy but Trump's economy was better. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-10-30/trump-s-economy-really-was-better-than-obama-s

14 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Presidents have influence over the economy but some have more than others. It depends on their policies and focus. 

Trump had numerous economic friendly policies, multiple CEOs saying they would keep or bring their business back to the US, and his unemployment numbers were said to be almost impossible. His trade wars held us back some in the short term but could have been good in the long term. 

Obama restarted our economy but Trump's economy was better. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-10-30/trump-s-economy-really-was-better-than-obama-s

US GDP

US unemployment rate

US poverty rate chart