diazthechamp

Politics thread

1 minute ago, MoZZez said:

Seriously? This is your line of defense for believing the stupidest conspiracy **** like an idiot.

Lol. Damn its funny watching the few Trumpers follow their leader going down with the ship.

The fish are jumping tonight, lol.

2 hours ago, TwennyFo said:

Good to know, now about the chit going down in D.C ??

I’ll field this one, our disgrace of a President tried to stage a coup the other week and now we have to deploy the national guard to dissuade the soft rock militia from trying to start a civil war.

I’d have sent the 82nd airborne, but I guess the weekend warriors will do in a pinch.

• Thanks 1

It’s now midnight and Trump hasn’t issued the pardons he’s expected to issue.

Now he has always favored doing controversial **** in the middle of the night, usually on fridays, in the hopes that it would receive little media coverage or notice so it’s not that unexpected. 

However, I do wonder how egregious these pardons are going to be if he’s going to wait until the last minute. It’s not like it has any chance of not being a major story tomorrow regardless. 

• Confused 1

It’s now midnight and Trump hasn’t issued the pardons he’s expected to issue.

Now he has always favored doing controversial **** in the middle of the night, usually on fridays, in the hopes that it would receive little media coverage or notice so it’s not that unexpected. 

However, I do wonder how egregious these pardons are going to be if he’s going to wait until the last minute. It’s not like it has any chance of not being a major story tomorrow regardless. 

• Confused 1

Bannon is the first pardon. He is only being charged with defrauding Trumps idiot supporters out of money for the  wall anyway. 

I’m sure anyone who was dumb enough to donate is brainwashed enough to not mind

Edited by 12еr
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 12еr said:

Bannon is the first pardon. He is only being charged with defrauding Trumps idiot supporters out of money for the  wall anyway. 

I’m sure anyone who was dumb enough to donate is brainwashed enough 

Nvm

Edited by BigDaddyDelta

Cant believe they left Joe Exotic out of the pardon list, he had a limo with hair and makeup all ready to go. Must have been that b1tch Carole Baskins doing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’m surprised and actually a little disappointed that Trump didn’t pardon himself. 

I don’t think Biden’s administration is going to go after him anyway. I think Biden will think it sets a bad precedent and waste a lot of his political capital when there is much more pressing issues. Although, I had assumed that before the Capitol riot, so maybe I’m wrong. Regardless, Trump is going to likely face state level charges in NY, and has about a billion lawsuits waiting for him.

I was interested to see how the Supreme Court ruled in the definite challenge to the presidential self pardon.

Edited by 12еr

3 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

lol trump pardoned Kodak Black and Lil Wayne

I'm giving cred to Melania for those two. 

Should have pardoned Snowden & Assange.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Frankly I'm shocked that Trump didn't pardon himself for whatever crime he thinks he's going to be charged with someday maybe possibly....... lol

If you bought that line of nonsense, turn off the goddamn television. Jesus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hmm, so I decided to educate myself on presidential pardons, because the Beeb have been hand-wringing HARD this morning.

Here's the numbers pardoned by the last few presidents (this is pardoned, rescinded or commuted combined):

Carter: 566

Reagan: 406

Bush: 77

Clinton: 459

Dubya: 200

Barry: 1927

Trunk: 237 (not sure if that includes the final wave).

My conclusion would be that this is kind of a non-story. My impression from reading the Beeb was that he'd gone pardon-crazy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

Trump has used clemency power less often than any modern president

thats probably cause not everyone has an extra $2 million in their pocket to throw at diaper don for a pardon

Edited by -idyb-

16 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Hmm, so I decided to educate myself on presidential pardons, because the Beeb have been hand-wringing HARD this morning.

Here's the numbers pardoned by the last few presidents (this is pardoned, rescinded or commuted combined):

My conclusion would be that this is kind of a non-story. My impression from reading the Beeb was that he'd gone pardon-crazy.

It's rude to ruin other's narratives with facts m9. I expect better from the Switish

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I was going to use IDYB's material, basically Trump asks one question when deciding to pardon someone : What's in it for me?!!!

Edit: Obama commuted the sentences of hundreds of drug criminals, the thinking was that the severe sentences for crack cocaine as opposed to powder cocaine weren't fair.

Edited by classicboxer
  • Thanks 1

im just surprised he didnt pardon his family.   or perhaps he did?    i dont think theyre obligated by law to have to disclose to the public  everybody who got pardoned, are they?

i would only assume that at least rudy, ivanka, don jr. and kushner would be walking out of there with a pardon tucked away.   i would have figured anyways.   theres gonna be people coming after these guys hard now that daddy cant use his presidential authority to help them skirt their way around the law coming after them.   no doubt theres people chomping at the bit waiting to get their chance to sue these peoples аsses

i wouldnt be at all surprised if the whole damnn family has pardons. they just arent talking about it.    but who knows?

Edited by -idyb-
  • Confused 1

like not even rudy gets a pardon?  i find that hard to believe.    

no doubt this motherfuсker knows all kinds of dirt on trump.  he could hold it as leverage to bribe  a pardon for himself.  it wont earn donald trump any favors after he just stiffed rudy on his legal bills.  mind you 20 grand a day seems pretty steep for the results rudy was achieving in court, but a deal's a deal.

this guy has to have a pardon tucked away.   he knows too much shіt on don for him to be shipped out empty handed.

Edited by -idyb-

they are still squabbling over in north dakota, and havent yet filled in the seat for the dead republican legislator,   david andahl., who won his election a month after he died from covid

the voters in bismarck decided that they would rather have a dead person in office rather than a democrat. their state governor burgum originally tried to appoint this washburn coal executive, republican, to the seat,  the democratic candidate thought she should have been entitled to the seat because she had the 2nd most votes in their election, and then all kinds of lawsuits started to get filed against one another and it became a mess.

but the state supreme court seemed to have came up with a resolution yesterday

https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/article/Bill-mirrors-court-ruling-on-filling-open-15883032.php

its not huge news or anything, but i just found  it hilarious when the story first broke on election day of how north dakota somehow managed to vote a dead republican into office.  its like you could have stuck a maga hat on adolf hitler and those people in bismarck would have voted hitler in just to stick it to the liberals.

Edited by -idyb-

1 hour ago, classicboxer said:

I was going to use IDYB's material, basically Trump asks one question when deciding to pardon someone : What's in it for me?!!!

Edit: Obama commuted the sentences of hundreds of drug criminals, the thinking was that the severe sentences for crack cocaine as opposed to powder cocaine weren't fair.

Helping out the black community by sending them home all their crack dealers... er, fathers, excuse me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Trump pardoned Beetlejuice's rapping brother, Kodak Black. Good lord. 

I don't know anything about that case, but I've heard his rapping. He deserved life. Not a pardon.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Trump pardoned Beetlejuice's rapping brother, Kodak Black. Good lord. 

I don't know anything about that case, but I've heard his rapping. He deserved life. Not a pardon.

Threef 

Fun facts I absorbed about the case in a quick five minute Google session:

1. Kodak Black is a Black Hebrew Israelite, my favorite kind of bigot in America. Those guys are hilarious. Quite far out of touch with reality, but comedians, nonetheless.

2. There were multiple incidents with this goof while he was in prison, mostly involving the guards and................... wait for it.............. testicles! You probably guessed testicles, right? 

Sounds like he tried to crush one of their balls in a fight. They seemed to have retaliated by beating him up and "flicking" him in the balls, possibly on multiple occasions. 

If ever there was someone who had been wronged by the legal system, and deserved a Presidential pardon, it is not him, ladies and gentlemen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

Threef 

Fun facts I absorbed about the case in a quick five minute Google session:

1. Kodak Black is a Black Hebrew Israelite, my favorite kind of bigot in America. Those guys are hilarious. Quite far out of touch with reality, but comedians, nonetheless.

2. There were multiple incidents with this goof while he was in prison, mostly involving the guards and................... wait for it.............. testicles! You probably guessed testicles, right? 

Sounds like he tried to crush one of their balls in a fight. They seemed to have retaliated by beating him up and "flicking" him in the balls, possibly on multiple occasions. 

If ever there was someone who had been wronged by the legal system, and deserved a Presidential pardon, it is not him, ladies and gentlemen.

Trump's already campaigning for the black vote in '24.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bigdw35/Ufcfan_1 said:

main reason they want him impeached, so he can't run again, they know and are afraid he would probably win 

I think he will definitely run again if he hasn't made a back room deal promising not to run if they don't continue with the impeachment.

• Like 1

Just now, classicboxer said:

I think he will definitely run again if he hasn't made a back room deal promising not to run if they don't continue with the impeachment.

agree 100%

32 minutes ago, bigdw35/Ufcfan_1 said:

main reason they want him impeached, so he can't run again, they know and are afraid he would probably win 

Key part about him running again in 24 is that there needs to be a country left to run in by 24

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, bigdw35/Ufcfan_1 said:

If he can beat Biden who slept in his basement for most of the election,  he has no chance against whoever takes over for Biden when he is in the dementia ward.

People don't like Trump and his out in the open criminal enterprise. 

His cult does, but they will shrink as the orange idiot hides on his golf course.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, -idyb- said:

they are still squabbling over in north dakota, and havent yet filled in the seat for the dead republican legislator,   david andahl., who won his election a month after he died from covid

the voters in bismarck decided that they would rather have a dead person in office rather than a democrat. their state governor burgum originally tried to appoint this washburn coal executive, republican, to the seat,  the democratic candidate thought she should have been entitled to the seat because she had the 2nd most votes in their election, and then all kinds of lawsuits started to get filed against one another and it became a mess.

but the state supreme court seemed to have came up with a resolution yesterday

https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/article/Bill-mirrors-court-ruling-on-filling-open-15883032.php

its not huge news or anything, but i just found  it hilarious when the story first broke on election day of how north dakota somehow managed to vote a dead republican into office.  its like you could have stuck a maga hat on adolf hitler and those people in bismarck would have voted hitler in just to stick it to the liberals.

You're an idiot. Due to the large amount of mail in voting, a lot of votes were cast before the person died. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wait, I noticed something strange on the news with the national guard. A few of them were carrying a SCAR-H (17).

Maybe 12er can confirm this, but I didn't think the guard carried SCARs??? 

Seems more like they have some special forces mixed in with the guard. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Most presidents get a list of pardon candidates from the justice department and follow the advice therein to grant pardons to worthy candidates.

Trumps pardons were largely issued to political allies, white collar criminals who committed the kinds of crimes Trump is accused of, and random pardons issued to people because celebrities like Kim Kardashian asked him to.

There is more nuance to the subject than a look at raw numbers.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Wait, I noticed something strange on the news with the national guard. A few of them were carrying a SCAR-H (17).

Maybe 12er can confirm this, but I didn't think the guard carried SCARs??? 

Seems more like they have some special forces mixed in with the guard. 

I’ve been out for a long time now, so things could have changed, but I don’t think even active duty infantry units use them.

When I went into the guard after I got off active duty they didn’t even have m-4’s, they were still using m-16’s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you have any idea how hard it was to find a black female fire fighter that knows sign language?

That took longer to produce than the vaccine. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'll give Biden a fair shake like i give them all. I expect more of the of the same lies, wars, taxes, stripping of liberties, and ignoring 99% of the constitution (and only using it when they see fit) for Biden as much as any other President. 

I could be wrong and would be pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I'll give Biden a fair shake like i give them all. I expect more of the of the same lies, wars, taxes, stripping of liberties, and ignoring 99% of the constitution (and only using it when they see fit) for Biden as much as any other President. 

I could be wrong and would be pleasantly surprised. 

I doubt you're wrong, but who knows.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

hey @cashfl0w to go back into our conversation from yesterday, after awhile I remembered this video I saw a few weeks ago and it’s prediction on how the U.S would fight a war against the entire world has the U.S use its military bases in the Middle East to shut down the worlds global oil supply to win and it honestly makes a lot of sense. Although I can’t say everything he says is 100% accurate and I’d like to see a scholarly critique, it’s interesting and makes sense at a surface level.

I’ve never agreed with some on the left that imply were stealing oil, because were not, but I don’t doubt that we stay there so we could control the oil in the event of world war 3.

Edited by 12еr
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

139863420_3948287241850635_6291751656706

Some are saying that Biden is working with Trump and will be the one to pull the trigger. I don’t know how they reconcile that fact considering that when they woke up this morning they were convinced he was a baby eating pedophile. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

god dammit. there doesnt seem to be that many protestors out anywhere. dude wheres my riot?

theres less than a dozen protestors hanging out in raleigh with the police over at the north carolina capitol building, but theyre just being chill and peaceful.    this better not be it.  i was let down by the capitol "riot" the other week.    i expected there to be fireworks tonight but the only thing that seems to be happening is people taking their dogs for a walk

maybe things will escalate once it gets late,  but i'm starting to lose hope

Edited by -idyb-

‘A Total Failure’: The Proud Boys Now Mock Trump

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/20/technology/proud-boys-trump.html

As Mr. Trump departed the White House on Wednesday, the Proud Boys, once among his staunchest supporters, have also started leaving his side. In dozens of conversations on social media sites like Gab and Telegram, members of the group have begun calling Mr. Trump a “shill” and “extraordinarily weak,” according to messages reviewed by The New York Times. They have also urged supporters to stop attending rallies and protests held for Mr. Trump or the Republican Party

Discontent with Mr. Trump, who later condemned the violence, has boiled over. On social media, Proud Boys participants have complained about his willingness to leave office and said his disavowal of the Capitol rampage was an act of betrayal. And Mr. Trump, cut off on Facebook and Twitter, has been unable to talk directly to them to soothe their concerns or issue new rallying cries.

Last week, Nicholas Fuentes, the leader of America First, wrote in his Telegram channel that Mr. Trump’s response to the Capitol rampage was “very weak and flaccid” and added, “Not the same guy that ran in 2015.”

The group expected Mr. Trump to champion the mob, according to their social media messages. Instead, Mr. Trump released a video on Jan. 8 denouncing the violence.

The disappointment was immediately palpable. One Proud Boys Telegram channel posted: “It really is important for us all to see how much Trump betrayed his supporters this week. We are nationalists 1st and always. Trump was just a man and as it turns out an extraordinarily weak one at the end.”

Some Proud Boys became furious that Mr. Trump did not appear interested in issuing presidential pardons for their members who were arrested. In a Telegram post on Friday, they accused Mr. Trump of “instigating” the events at the Capitol, adding that he then “washed his hands of it.”

they couldnt get pardons so i guess now they are eating each other

Edited by -idyb-