diazthechamp

Politics thread

2 hours ago, MoZZez said:

F uck you are an idiot.

The feeling could not possibly be any more mutual.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

US is becoming much more energy independent since 2019. We're still gonna drill here & buy from other countries but as EV's become more available and cheaper we won't need as much.. That little pipeline was a fart in the wind in the grand scheme of things. They also just discovered a huge gas reserve. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/feds-discover-largest-oil-natural-gas-reserve-in-history/

EV's are 100% the future like it or not. By 2030 it will probably be only EV's over here & a lot of other places so you better get used to it & convert or be left behind.. 

I know you are excited about your Tesla stock but there is zero chance we are EV only in 9 years.. There are 270 million cars in the US. The actual percentage of fully electric cars on the road in the US is extremely small compared to gas engines. 

California's target to sell only EV vehicles is 2035 and that's been said to be ambitious. AKA, it will never happen. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Collectively, about 727,000 electric-drive vehicles were sold in 2019 — and just under half of those were plug-in electric cars capable of operating on electricity alone. For comparison, a total of 17 million new light-duty vehicles were sold in 2019 according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I know you are excited about your Tesla stock but there is zero chance we are EV only in 9 years.. There are 270 million cars in the US. The actual percentage of fully electric cars on the road in the US is extremely small compared to gas engines. 

California's target to sell only EV vehicles is 2035 and that's been said to be ambitious. AKA, it will never happen. 

I need to correct what i said. I'm not saying it will be all EV's on the road by then but if you think what Cali is trying to do doesn't happen wide scale by 2030 i think that's a mistake to think that. 

By 2030 car manufacturers may not even be allowed to produce anything but EV's anymore. 2030 is still a long ways away & plenty of rapid innovation will change things very quickly at the pace we're moving. I don't agree it's ambitious....at all. Cali is wrong about a lot of stuff but they're ahead of the curve on that. 

EV's already won they are way more efficient & the price/performance/safety isn't even comparable. If you're betting on oil/gas cars past 2030 you are betting on the losing horse. Just a matter of time before they take over. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

It's OK if he lies at every turn as long as he speaks nicely to people. 

$4 gas is going to be fun to have again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

I need to correct what i said. I'm not saying it will be all EV's on the road by then but if you think what Cali is trying to do doesn't happen wide scale by 2030 i think that's a mistake to think that. 

By 2030 car manufacturers may not even be allowed to produce anything but EV's anymore. 2030 is still a long ways away & plenty of rapid innovation will change things very quickly at the pace we're moving. I don't agree it's ambitious....at all. Cali is wrong about a lot of stuff but they're ahead of the curve on that. 

EV's already won they are way more efficient & the price/performance/safety isn't even comparable. If you're betting on oil/gas cars past 2030 you are betting on the losing horse. Just a matter of time before they take over. 

As long as there is crude oil, gas powered cars will still outnumber electric cars by a large margin. If 20% of all cars on the road are electric in 2030, I would be surprised.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Dude....stop trying to artificially pump Tesla stock!!

The EU are way more into virtue signalling than the states, plus a lot less reliant on oil generally - and even they have only set a target of "30 million electric cars on the road by 2030".  That is roughly 10%

The UK and a lot of EU countries have set a ban on manufacturing new petrol/diesel cars by 2030/2035, but I'll believe that when i see it.

I absolutely agree that EV's are the future. I just don't think it will come anywhere near as quickly as you think.  Sheesh - I'm in Greta's back yard, and they're still seen primarily as a novelty!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, StompGrind said:

US is becoming much more energy independent since 2019. We're still gonna drill here & buy from other countries but as EV's become more available and cheaper we won't need as much.. That little pipeline was a fart in the wind in the grand scheme of things. They also just discovered a huge gas reserve. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/feds-discover-largest-oil-natural-gas-reserve-in-history/

EV's are 100% the future like it or not. By 2030 it will probably be only EV's over here & a lot of other places so you better get used to it & convert or be left behind.. 

I know there will be a push for them, but as Juice stated its just not going to happen.

You dint have the power capability and the cars do not have the range at this point. They are getting much better, and eventually they will take over. But thats decades away.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Dude....stop trying to artificially pump Tesla stock!!

The EU are way more into virtue signalling than the states, plus a lot less reliant on oil generally - and even they have only set a target of "30 million electric cars on the road by 2030".  That is roughly 10%

The UK and a lot of EU countries have set a ban on manufacturing new petrol/diesel cars by 2030/2035, but I'll believe that when i see it.

I absolutely agree that EV's are the future. I just don't think it will come anywhere near as quickly as you think.  Sheesh - I'm in Greta's back yard, and they're still seen primarily as a novelty!

It may take longer no guarantees & things can change or slow to a crawl but the way things are moving now i think the transition happens faster than people think. All of these disruptive technologies barring crazy things don't happen ( which some will ) is going to change the world as we know it very rapidly much like the internet did. 

If the US widely adopts legislation as California already has it will happen even sooner & honestly it doesn't make much sense to put a lot more effort into a sinking ship. EV market is already the clear winner once scaled widely the affordability, performance & safety wins hands down. Batteries + solar It's just no brainer for cars. That Keystone pipeline isn't that big a deal & won't effect much at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

its nice not to have to worry about gas prices. over here in canada we drive moose

free range moose, fed only the finest maple syrup, crown royal, and poutine.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

I know there will be a push for them, but as Juice stated its just not going to happen.

You dint have the power capability and the cars do not have the range at this point. They are getting much better, and eventually they will take over. But thats decades away.

It will IMO much like Weed legalization but even quicker. 

The range issue is a few yrs away if that. Combined better batteries + solar panels to help charge & charging stations all over it's game over. 

Once the scaling & cost come down for wide adoption non-EV doesn't even make sense anymore other than nostalgia. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

It may take longer no guarantees & things can change or slow to a crawl but the way things are moving now i think the transition happens faster than people think. All of these disruptive technologies barring crazy things don't happen ( which some will ) is going to change the world as we know it very rapidly much like the internet did. 

If the US widely adopts legislation as California already has it will happen even sooner & honestly it doesn't make much sense to put a lot more effort into a sinking ship. EV market is already the clear winner once scaled widely the affordability, performance & safety wins hands down. Batteries + solar It's just no brainer for cars. That Keystone pipeline isn't that big a deal & won't effect much at all. 

"Hope is not a strategy".

That EU figure of 10% by 2030 has been widely derided. I was told 15 years ago that by 2020 all cars would be powered by hydrogen. 

Out of interest, how would you back up the statement about affordability, performance and safety? At the moment, ev's are more expensive and have a worse range. There are also a lot of questions being asked about their life cycle environmental impact.

Tbh, it seems like we're slowing down when it comes to EV's. Has the technology moved on that much since the Prius came out in the early 2000s???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

As long as there is crude oil, gas powered cars will still outnumber electric cars by a large margin. If 20% of all cars on the road are electric in 2030, I would be surprised.

If the tech keeps advancing & legislation comes to move things along faster it wouldn't shock me if it's double that. 

Eventually owning as gas powered car past 2030 will be like owning a beeper now lol. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

Exactly. The infrastructure isn't there. People seem to think that we have infinite, cheap electricity. The more we transition to renewable energy, the less available power we have and the more expensive it gets. They are just not as efficient as our current power plants. 

There are still issues with cold weather and batteries. It's freezing in a big portion of the US for 4 months out of the year and Lithium batteries still don't like the cold. They tested a Tesla in 2019, it used double the anticipated power while driving in 10 degree weather. The base model Tesla 3 costs $40,000 and in the winter the range will be 130-150 miles. I will gladly spend the extra $1500 a year on gas when I get double the range. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

"Hope is not a strategy".

That EU figure of 10% by 2030 has been widely derided. I was told 15 years ago that by 2020 all cars would be powered by hydrogen. 

Out of interest, how would you back up the statement about affordability, performance and safety? At the moment, ev's are more expensive and have a worse range. There are also a lot of questions being asked about their life cycle environmental impact.

Tbh, it seems like we're slowing down when it comes to EV's. Has the technology moved on that much since the Prius came out in the early 2000s???

Affordability is going to scale in the next few yrs the price will be highly competitive if not cheaper. Safety wise self driving cars are already proven to be much safer. The range is not that huge of an issue as most people don't travel over 250 miles a day and the tech for longer range & faster charging is progressing & will get there soon enough. 

It absolutely has moved towards advancing & there is huge momentum right now. 

Things can change like i said & no guarantees but i just think it's gonna move faster & be more widely adopted than people think. It may be novelty now but not for long IMO. 

• Thanks 2

As long as I can get 93 and race mix about 20 miles from me for my Viper, they can go electric all they want. I'll just suck em up my exhaust 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Affordability is going to scale in the next few yrs the price will be highly competitive if not cheaper. Safety wise self driving cars are already proven to be much safer. The range is not that huge of an issue as most people don't travel over 250 miles a day and the tech for longer range & faster charging is progressing & will get there soon enough. 

It absolutely has moved towards advancing & there is huge momentum right now. 

Things can change like i said & no guarantees but i just think it's gonna move faster & be more widely adopted than people think. It may be novelty now but not for long IMO. 

Wait... self driving cars don't have to be electric. 

Are we talking about electric vehicles or self driving? Because I agree there could be a huge tipping point for self driving cars... the technology is there, and once 5g is rolled out, they can pretty much flick a switch. 

Sheesh... the prius came out in 1997. That was 23 years ago... how time flies. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gas and Diesel engines are also greatly advancing. The new Chevy Duramax Half Ton Pickup gets a legit 30 mpg on the highway. My friend has one and took it on a vacation which was about 440 miles roundtrip. 4 people in the vehicle plus luggage. He still had a quarter tank left when he got home and it's only a 22 gallon tank with the reserve. Total cost of fuel on the trip, about $40.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Wait... self driving cars don't have to be electric. 

Are we talking about electric vehicles or self driving? Because I agree there could be a huge tipping point for self driving cars... the technology is there, and once 5g is rolled out, they can pretty much flick a switch. 

Sheesh... the prius came out in 1997. That was 23 years ago... how time flies. 

Fair enough on self driving. Self driving does seem to be the theme with EV's a lot more though. 

Prius was a hunk of $hit back then & had practically no backing investment wise or innovation wise for a long time but we're well on our way in the last few yrs with EV's mainly led by Elon almost single handedly. From where we were then and now is not even comparable. 

Ya'll acting like this is Jetsons tech that will never come but i'm just saying it's more like car phones to smart phones. The momentum is there for wide adoption. It's reached that crescendo point where it's gonna trickle down to masses. 

Wait till that carbon tax gets hits harder & cost of gas/oil is more competitive. People gonna be switching over like crazy. Pocket books are a great motivator for change. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

FB_IMG_1611249879699.jpg

Right on.  The US and its military are good at that.  Those retarded hillbilly trump-lovin' fascists didn't even show up. The question is -- will they resort to domestic terrorism? 

Edited by LennyTheBat
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Exactly. The infrastructure isn't there. People seem to think that we have infinite, cheap electricity. The more we transition to renewable energy, the less available power we have and the more expensive it gets. They are just not as efficient as our current power plants. 

There are still issues with cold weather and batteries. It's freezing in a big portion of the US for 4 months out of the year and Lithium batteries still don't like the cold. They tested a Tesla in 2019, it used double the anticipated power while driving in 10 degree weather. The base model Tesla 3 costs $40,000 and in the winter the range will be 130-150 miles. I will gladly spend the extra $1500 a year on gas when I get double the range. 

It honestly blows my mind how much power your country lacks.

Canadian electrical grid runs north south, not east west. We sell so much electricity to the states, mostly the coasts.

I remember in the 90s we had a substation go down in Quebec and turned half the east cost off for a half day or so.

Same with The west coast, we could turn a switch and turn those rolling brown outs into a daily event.

There needs to be a major infrastructure improvement on the grids and the cities and I just dont see the few trillion dollars being spent to do it in the next even 30 years.

Add in all the new technologies for everyday things.

People used to run a coffee maker for about 1.8 amps in a kitchen. Now these machines are 1200 watts or higher. 1500 watts need gun a 20 amp breaker for a single device in your house, then a 60 amp car charger running at 50 amps. I guarantee small town older housing and the cities older **** are running on 60 to 100 amp services. Now you'll need house upgrades to 125 or 200 amp services. Multiple cars per family.

Its just so far away. Stomp can dream that the technology is there, but the infrastructure is not.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

Canadian electrical grid runs north south, not east west. We sell so much electricity to the states, mostly the coasts.

I remember in the 90s we had a substation go down in Quebec and turned half the east cost off for a half day or so.

Same with The west coast, we could turn a switch and turn those rolling brown outs into a daily event.

There needs to be a major infrastructure improvement on the grids and the cities and I just dont see the few trillion dollars being spent to do it in the next even 30 years.

People used to run a coffee maker for about 1.8 amps in a kitchen. Now these machines are 1200 watts or higher. 1500 watts need gun a 20 amp breaker for a single device in your house, then a 60 amp car charger running at 50 amps. I guarantee small town older housing and the cities older **** are running on 60 to 100 amp services. Now you'll need house upgrades to 125 or 200 amp services. Multiple cars per family.

Its just so far away. Stomp can dream that the technology is there, but the infrastructure is not.

We have a coal mine and power plant in central ND. All of the power is sent to Minneapolis and Wisconsin. The plant was meeting the Paris Climate Accord standards before it was ever signed but Minnesota is pushing towards renewable energy. 

The company that owns it wants to shut it down and use the existing line for wind power. The landowners got together and said they didn't agree to put wind towers on their land. They obviously want to sell their coal and the plant is basically keeping a small town alive as it employs 260 people. Now the company is trying to sell it instead. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

We have a coal mine and power plant in central ND. All of the power is sent to Minneapolis and Wisconsin. The plant was meeting the Paris Climate Accord standards before it was ever signed but Minnesota is pushing towards renewable energy. 

The company that owns it wants to shut it down and use the existing line for wind power. The landowners got together and said they didn't agree to put wind towers on their land. They obviously want to sell their coal and the plant is basically keeping a small town alive as it employs 260 people. Now the company is trying to sell it instead. 

I'm hopeful for the new nuclear reactors being designed and built.

Smaller, less water, more power and the waste is near non existent and can be turned into medical isotopes. 

Coal will be gone in the next 20 years or so id guess. Even with Republican opposition, they will eventually get more on board about cleaner energy as places will start to put trade stipulations in agreements to meet X Y or Z.

Saskatchewan has some smaller coal fire plants that are being turned off in 2030.

But we have been building new natural gas ones and have some carbon capture technology that started very slow and looked like a waste, but has turned around and looking very promising. 

Out here in BC power is so cheap. About the only thing cheap around here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MoZZez said:

I'm hopeful for the new nuclear reactors being designed and built.

Smaller, less water, more power and the waste is near non existent and can be turned into medical isotopes. 

Coal will be gone in the next 20 years or so id guess. Even with Republican opposition, they will eventually get more on board about cleaner energy as places will start to put trade stipulations in agreements to meet X Y or Z.

Saskatchewan has some smaller coal fire plants that are being turned off in 2030.

But we have been building new natural gas ones and have some carbon capture technology that started very slow and looked like a waste, but has turned around and looking very promising. 

Out here in BC power is so cheap. About the only thing cheap around here.

Nuclear is the best option imo. I think the Japan power plant scared some people but if you build inland, they would be really safe and cheap. 

They are planning a natural gas plant on the west side of my state. It will be a couple of years before they start construction I think. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, juice64011 said:

Nuclear is the best option imo. I think the Japan power plant scared some people but if you build inland, they would be really safe and cheap. 

They are planning a natural gas plant on the west side of my state. It will be a couple of years before they start construction I think. 

Somehow the fact the first fusion reactors are being built slipped under the radar a bit. That's a huge step forwards. China, UK and France seem to have cracked it. No doubt you guys won't be far behind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

Nah don't get me wrong we need to harness everything we can & infrastructure can be built upon but we can't sit & wait anymore with the same old approach that will degrade & be outpaced by over population & increasing consumption plus inflation rising plus who knows what other disaster, virus, war etc.. 

I trust Emperor Elon more than i do these fkn robber baron crooks & politicians that will bleed us dry on cost & tax us to death. At least he's trying to get the ball rolling on lowering cost to joe/jane consumer in various projects so we aren't so damned dependent & getting less for more as the years go by.

Edited by StompGrind
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StompGrind said:

Nah don't get me wrong we need to harness everything we can & infrastructure can be built upon but we can't sit & wait anymore with the same old approach that will degrade & be outpaced by over population & increasing consumption plus inflation rising plus who knows what other disaster, war etc.. 

I trust Emperor Elon more than i do these fkn robber baron crooks & politicians that will bleed us dry on cost & tax us to death. At least he's trying to get the ball rolling on lowering cost to joe/jane consumer in various projects so we aren't so damned dependent & getting less for more as the years go by.

Elon has done very well as far as battery storage and that seems to be Teslas focus. They need to improve the DC drives and get them up to 1000+km per charge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Somehow the fact the first fusion reactors are being built slipped under the radar a bit. That's a huge step forwards. China, UK and France seem to have cracked it. No doubt you guys won't be far behind. 

That's too advanced, we are busy double subsidizing fields of giant windmills and claiming they are "competitively priced" compared to our current options. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LennyTheBat said:

Right on.  The US and its military are good at that.  Those retarded hillbilly trump-lovin' fascists didn't even show up. The question is -- will they resort to domestic terrorism? 

How does it feel to be on the same mental level as Terri Schiavo? 

1305LD3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

How does it feel to be on the same mental level as Terri Schiavo? 

1305LD3.jpg

You tell me, dummy.  And why are you posting a pic of your girlfriend?  Did you run out of clown pics from your family reunion?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LennyTheBat said:

You tell me, dummy.  And why are you posting a pic of your girlfriend?  Did you run out of clown pics from your family reunion?

giphy.webp

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, LennyTheBat said:

PijcGEU.gif?noredirect

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, LennyTheBat said:

You've honestly run out of insults that you have to drag his wife into this?

Whats next, you insult his kid?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

He can try to insult all he wants. Thats part of the fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everyone talks about how terrible Trump is but IDK man to me it doesn't get much better than Trump

64f8b2e7f5dcd27132319c52be95ca09.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, MoZZez said:

It wouldn’t be the first time it’s happened around here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

"Heart failure?"...

fun-facts-the-cias-dart-gun-that-causes-

Edited by StompGrind

Pro-Trump Discussion Board Faces Possible Shutdown Over Violent, Racist Posts

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pro-trump-discussion-board-faces-possible-shutdown-over-violent-racist-posts-11610819176

An influential pro-Trump discussion board active in the buildup to the Jan. 6 Capitol attack faces the prospect of being shut down by its web-hosting company for allegedly fostering white supremacist and violent extremism.

this was from the other day. now thedonald.win  has seemed to have been shut down

Edited by -idyb-

oh. nevermind. it appears as if theyve found a new home and rebranded themselves, as patriots.win 

maybe that wasnt the smartest move by these qanon boys anyways, considering the patriots sucked shіt this season and without a quarterback, they will continue to eat shіt
Edited by -idyb-