Could Nate Diaz be Suspended? If not who will he fight next?

NangaParbatWinter16

Could Nate be suspended for smoking his CBD oil in the E-Cig at the presser while still technically in competition? We know it would be an idiotic suspension but Nick did get 5 years for weed so we know stupidity runs deep in the corridors of power. If Common sense prevails and he does not get suspended who you want to see him fight next? He says he wants money fights and only Conor can give him that so he will wait it out but there are fights that could see him interested.

Donald Cerrone at 170: Squashed the years old beef but put them in the cage again and watch those fires burn, Great fight at 170 too, both technical on the feet and both are good on the ground.

Tony Ferguson at 155: Would have been my first choice but is facing RDA but a fight with Diaz could happen later, Tough guy with good striking and good grappling, prefers it on the feet like Nate and the trash talk would definitely fire up Nate.

Edson Barboza at 155: Again a good striker with a good ground game would bring the best out of Nate, Currently ranked 5th to Nate's 6th would put one in line for a shot at gold.

Got to assume either Conor or Khabib will fight Alvarez next so Nate vs Barboza with the winner fighting the winner of RDA vs Ferguson in a #1 contenders fight. That would definitely keep Nate interested because he wants a belt regardless of how much he says he doesn't care

I could see Diaz taking a long break, waiting to complete the trilogy. He made a lot of money.

He could but he would need to stay busy in the media or he could lose some of that star power he has built up which could affect his bargaining, he also should remember that fighting is such a short career and right now he can make some real money.

Nate Diaz has beaten one ranked fighter (#10 Michael Johnson) at 155 since 2012. Besides that, he's 1-3 at 155 post-2012.  

Can he make 145? Time for a new weight class, I think.

Inconsistent due to lack of motivation but when motivated and feeling on the guy can really fight and I think he has found that motivation again now he is finally getting aid what he should and getting the credit he deserves

He could but he would need to stay busy in the media or he could lose some of that star power he has built up which could affect his bargaining, he also should remember that fighting is such a short career and right now he can make some real money.

Conor made the money. 

Nate goes back to 20k win/show now.

Inconsistent due to lack of motivation but when motivated and feeling on the guy can really fight and I think he has found that motivation again now he is finally getting aid what he should and getting the credit he deserves

Everybody in the top five at 155 beat the living **** out Nate Diaz. LOL

Looking at the rankings, he can beat Dariush, Johnson (already beat him), and maybe Iaquinta.

Diaz would get dominated by Brooks, Cowboy, Magomedov and most of the guys below him in the rankings. He'd have a decent fight with Poirier, but would probably lose. There's not a lot of ranked fighters at 155 that Nate can beat.

Looking at the rankings, he can beat Dariush, Johnson (already beat him), and maybe Iaquinta.

Diaz would get dominated by Brooks, Cowboy, Magomedov and most of the guys below him in the rankings. He'd have a decent fight with Poirier, but would probably lose. There's not a lot of ranked fighters at 155 that Nate can beat.

Come on man that is just hating on Nate, When Diaz turns up to fight he smokes opponents, Look at the Michael Johnson fight, Took that fight with the intent of putting on a show and securing the McGregor fight, he was on fire that night, landed a huge amount of punches and was accurate with them. Nate just lacks punch power and cannot put guys away with one punch, If he had real power like others he would have finished a lot of guys via ko

Come on man that is just hating on Nate, When Diaz turns up to fight he smokes opponents, Look at the Michael Johnson fight, Took that fight with the intent of putting on a show and securing the McGregor fight, he was on fire that night, landed a huge amount of punches and was accurate with them. Nate just lacks punch power and cannot put guys away with one punch, If he had real power like others he would have finished a lot of guys via ko

Michael Johnson is a nobody, first of all.

Second of all, you really have no evidence of the bold. You have one decent fight against Michael Johnson, who I stated is a nobody, and that's it. I'm not giving him any cookies for beating Gray Maynard in 2013. LOL.. That idiot just lost to some guy named Alexander Yakovlev!

He caught a guy who had never fought anyone bigger than him in his life, besides maybe Joe Duffy (lol.. btw, he lost), and got the win. Whoopty doo. I'm not giving him any credit at 155 for beating a 145er at 170 anyways.

I can see Nate waiting too. He just made too much money in those last two fights. 

The thing is, because of those big paydays he is going to expect more of that against guys listed in the OP and those fights won't be as huge a draw. I won't be surprised if there are big contract disputes and hold outs.

Hopefully he doesn't go full Diaz entitled mode and he fights again.

Second of all, you really have no evidence of the bold. You have one decent fight against Michael Johnson, who I stated is a nobody, and that's it. I'm not giving him any cookies for beating Gray Maynard in 2013. LOL.. That idiot just lost to some guy named Alexander Yakovlev!

He caught a guy who had never fought anyone bigger than him in his life, besides maybe Joe Duffy (lol.. btw, he lost), and got the win. Whoopty doo. I'm not giving him any credit at 155 for beating a 145er at 170 anyways.

Damn man Cash has become Nate's biggest Detractor, Nate has lost 11 fights and has quite a poor record of 19-11 but still has a huge fan base like his brother, So I guess he is doing something right. Maybe it is just because we enjoy watching someone be real instead of all this smile to the camera, martial artists respect and all the scripted patter of McGregor and Sonnen, We just enjoy a guy like us who comes from nothing but can still get in there and make pro fighters look stupid

I can see Nate waiting too. He just made too much money in those last two fights. 

The thing is, because of those big paydays he is going to expect more of that against guys listed in the OP and those fights won't be as huge a draw. I won't be surprised if there are big contract disputes and hold outs.

Hopefully he doesn't go full Diaz entitled mode and he fights again.

Yep I hope he does not price himself out because he expects too much. Last year I was trying to make a fight and had one guy is agreement but this one other guy believed he was worth so much more and there was no discussing it or even getting close, That could be a problem here as well because he might get £300,000 or £400,000 but he is not getting offered 7 figures to fight a guy where they will do 600k PPV's

Damn man Cash has become Nate's biggest Detractor, Nate has lost 11 fights and has quite a poor record of 19-11 but still has a huge fan base like his brother, So I guess he is doing something right. Maybe it is just because we enjoy watching someone be real instead of all this smile to the camera, martial artists respect and all the scripted patter of McGregor and Sonnen, We just enjoy a guy like us who comes from nothing but can still get in there and make pro fighters look stupid

I enjoy that I can be honest with you, and you don't take an attitude.

I think you misread what I was saying. Nate is exciting to watch. I really like him and his brother being polar opposites of every other professional athlete on the planet. It's just that if you're going to ask me about him fighting Eddie Alvarez, or Khabib, these type of Fighters, I have to be real. He doesn't deserve those fights.

The rankings are retarded. He's far from #4 in that division. He's about #11 or #12, at best.

Diaz has said again and again that he don't care about the belt(s), he just want the big money fights.

I don't agree with him on this, since having the belt could potentially lead to the big money fights.

I don't believe Ferguson or Barboza to be big moneyfights in the mind of Diaz, also, he knows these guys have better skills than PPV power.

As a MMA fan i love to watch Ferguson and Barboza fight, but Nate needs something that both the hardcore fans and/OR the casuals would buy, and something the UFC can promote.

You can't blame Nate for beating Conor at 170. That whole thing was set up by Conor, who couldn't make 155.

I enjoy that I can be honest with you, and you don't take an attitude.

I think you misread what I was saying. Nate is exciting to watch. I really like him and his brother being polar opposites of every other professional athlete on the planet. It's just that if you're going to ask me about him fighting Eddie Alvarez, or Khabib, these type of Fighters, I have to be real. He doesn't deserve those fights.

The rankings are retarded. He's far from #4 in that division. He's about #11 or #12, at best.

I agree that Diaz wants to stay clear of Alvarez, Khabib and that type fighte rbecause the game plan to beat any Diaz bro is there in black and white and  both Khabib and Alvarez have that exact style to beat him quite badly. As for the rankings they are always a joke Diaz has not really been active enough at Lightweight to be so highly ranked

Okay so just watched the 2nd round again and after 3 and half minutes I was thinking how on earth could I have scored this round to Diaz but just at that moment Diaz started taking over and had Conor in trouble and I remembered why I scored it Diaz, A quick look at the way they walked back to their corners told you everything you needed to know about the round, Conor looked dejected and Nate pumped his arms above his head smiling, plus the stats say Diaz landed more which means the judges put a lot of emphasis on the 2 Knockdowns in which Nate bounced back from immediately

Okay so just watched the 2nd round again and after 3 and half minutes I was thinking how on earth could I have scored this round to Diaz but just at that moment Diaz started taking over and had Conor in trouble and I remembered why I scored it Diaz, A quick look at the way they walked back to their corners told you everything you needed to know about the round, Conor looked dejected and Nate pumped his arms above his head smiling, plus the stats say Diaz landed more which means the judges put a lot of emphasis on the 2 Knockdowns in which Nate bounced back from immediately

Again, hard shots >>>> pillow slaps.

He will probably unofficially retire like his brother after losing 3 straight.

Don't get me wrong, I like Nate and Nick and hate Conor but this fight proved beyond any doubt the Diaz brothers are a tier or 2 below the elite. He will need to string some wins together before getting a title shot but Dana just won't give him one cause he dislikes Nick and Nate so there is no real reason for him to fight any more.

He will probably unofficially retire like his brother after losing 3 straight.

Don't get me wrong, I like Nate and Nick and hate Conor but this fight proved beyond any doubt the Diaz brothers are a tier or 2 below the elite. He will need to string some wins together before getting a title shot but Dana just won't give him one cause he dislikes Nick and Nate so there is no real reason for him to fight any more.

Actually, Nate has proven that he's at the same level as Conor.

Actually, Nate has proven that he's at the same level as Conor.

Not really, he outweighed him by a load in the first match and got lucky then.  With a proper camp and preparation Conor beat him decidedly.  Nate is not making excuses for himself, no need for anyone else to do it for him. You cannot be knocked down 3 times in any match and expect the decision to be close.

Nearly doesn't count. 

Not really, he outweighed him by a load in the first match and got lucky then.  With a proper camp and preparation Conor beat him decidedly.  Nate is not making excuses for himself, no need for anyone else to do it for him. You cannot be knocked down 3 times in any match and expect the decision to be close.

Nearly doesn't count.

Decidedly? Conor decidedly won the first round, but not the whole fight.

Watch the post fight interview, he is sitting back enjoying his millions until Diaz vs McRunner 3.

Nate did make excuses, his knee & ribs were hurt, which makes me suspect that he didn't get downed 3 times cause of Conors punches but to bait Conor to the ground & get the win off his feet, he was faking it Werdum style.

Watch the post fight interview, he is sitting back enjoying his millions until Diaz vs McRunner 3.

Nate did make excuses, his knee & ribs were hurt, which makes me suspect that he didn't get downed 3 times cause of Conors punches but to bait Conor to the ground & get the win off his feet, he was faking it Werdum style.

You need to rewatch the fight.  

So Conor had two knockdowns and controlled a majority of the round? It's hard to give a round like that to Diaz.

At the time I thought it was 1 & 2 to Conor & 3,4,5 to Diaz, Conor was tired like last time & he was running away, Diaz was chasing him & being on the offence, It was a close fight. Overall though, a submission beats a decision, Diaz is still up.

If we're being logical, just as Conor going 1-1 with Nate at WW says very little about conor's standing in his rightful division, it also says very little about nate's standing at LW.

Therefore you have to judge him on his last fight. He beat a rising contender handsomely, but showed nothing to make me think he would beat any of the top 5.

So he shouldn't get a shot at the belt. I'd like him to fight either ferguson or khabib (the other one can get the title shot).

That's what I think should happen. His next fight will probably be the trilogy fight though. The world's gone mad.

If we're being logical, just as Conor going 1-1 with Nate at WW says very little about conor's standing in his rightful division, it also says very little about nate's standing at LW.

Therefore you have to judge him on his last fight. He beat a rising contender handsomely, but showed nothing to make me think he would beat any of the top 5.

So he shouldn't get a shot at the belt. I'd like him to fight either ferguson or khabib (the other one can get the title shot).

That's what I think should happen. His next fight will probably be the trilogy fight though. The world's gone mad.

I reckon the only way that the trilogy fight is next for him is if he waits it out, McGregor has two more fights before he can think about trilogy if the common thought proceeds that he fights Aldo and then the LW winner. The UFC would be hoping to make Conor vs Nate for the 155 belt, I just cannot see Conor beating the guys who are real contenders at LW they are all to strong, have power in their hands and they are strong grapplers who can zap his energy in a round.

The UFC best hope they do not play their hand wrong or they could lose the fight altogether just like Rousey vs Holm

You think people can't smile and respect each other for real? You think that everyone is rude at core?

I liked Nate when he was on TUF, but then Nick turned him into a thug (you could see him change when Nick came on), which I don't like. THAT is very clearly an act and not real at all.

In these last interviews he has been more REAL, showing the true Nate, speaking about anxiety, accepting the chance of a loss and so on coming off real well. I liked that and it seemed like others did too, the atmosphere in some interviews was much more... I don't know, light-hearted and accepting?

Did you have a stroke?

Absolutely no one has picked up and spoke about the fact that Diaz will likely be suspended as he smoked a substance that is prohibited in competition and they were still in competition as far as the testing process goes, when they tested him Sunday he was pissing hot obviously and we all know the man likes to stick it to a Diaz

Diaz already beat cowboy and he would diggle him again. Brooks barely scraped by the #83 ranked Ross Pearson, so he's a bum

Magomedov is going to be suspended for roiding any day now. He'd get diggled too.

If the Fertitta's were still in control I would actually bet on Diaz getting a lengthy ban as a way to make him sit out until Conor is ready therefore cutting the need to negotiate another fight with him. However the new owners are supposedly big Diaz fans they enjoy that type of fighter listing the Nick Nate and Wanderlei Silva among their fave fighters

Diaz already beat cowboy and he would diggle him again. Brooks barely scraped by the #83 ranked Ross Pearson, so he's a bum

Magomedov is going to be suspended for roiding any day now. He's get diggled too.

I believe I was 2-0 on the Diaz and Cerrone fights, and you were 0-2. I'm the one qualified to speak on who they would and wouldn't beat right now. Sorry.

Absolutely no one has picked up and spoke about the fact that Diaz will likely be suspended as he smoked a substance that is prohibited in competition and they were still in competition as far as the testing process goes, when they tested him Sunday he was pissing hot obviously and we all know the man likes to stick it to a Diaz

Is that a fact?

I figured he submitted his sample and then busted out the vape

I believe I was 2-0 on the Diaz and Cerrone fights, and you were 0-2. I'm the one qualified to speak on who they would and wouldn't beat right now. Sorry.

You were 0-2 on the Lim and Rumble fights.

Honestly, picking Grover over Rumble is one of the worst picks I've ever seen dawg.

Also, Nate won that ****.

You were 0-2 on the Lim and Rumble fights.

Honestly, picking Grover over Rumble is one of the worst picks I've ever seen dawg.

Also, Nate won that ****.

I knew that would be your response, but that isn't relevant in a convo about Nate Diaz and Donald Cerrone.

Nate got his **** whipped. Move on.

I reckon the only way that the trilogy fight is next for him is if he waits it out, McGregor has two more fights before he can think about trilogy if the common thought proceeds that he fights Aldo and then the LW winner. The UFC would be hoping to make Conor vs Nate for the 155 belt, I just cannot see Conor beating the guys who are real contenders at LW they are all to strong, have power in their hands and they are strong grapplers who can zap his energy in a round.

The UFC best hope they do not play their hand wrong or they could lose the fight altogether just like Rousey vs Holm

Yes - I can't see Conor's next fight being against Nate, but I can see Nate's next fight being against Conor.

In the whacky UFC match-making world, they're probably plotting Conor v Alvarez next, hoping Conor wins and then making Conor v Nate III.

Which almost sounds plausible, except when you break it down, they would be rewarding the FW champ a LW shot for going 1-1 with a LW at WW, and then rewarding a LW for losing to a FW at WW.

Then it doesn't sound so logical...

For what it's worth, if I was CEO i'd be making Aldo defend against Blessed for the interim LW belt and have Conor fight the winner.  Reason I'd do that rather than make Aldo v Conor straight up is that Max deserves his title shot; if they do Aldo v Conor II who knows when it would actually happen (and if Aldo won they'd have to make III.....)

Archived