The Red King says U Fight Cheap is boring

cashfl0w

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/8/28/12679904/rory-macdonald-slams-the-ufc-for-being-boring-during-bellator

"The production of the show, it just stands out right away," MacDonald said of Bellator. "The big screens, the entrances. They do it bigger. They do it right here. It's a fight show here. They want to promote a fighter, they want to build it. It's not generic where everyone is wearing the same thing. We get to be our own individual self, promote ourselves. Where I was before, everyone is wearing the same uniforms now, we're all walking out of the same, boring dressing room or the gate. It's boring. People are tired of that."

"It's been a long time in the making," MacDonald said. "I've had a lot to consider probably over a year. We've been in talks with Bellator for a long time now. It's gone back and forth with the UFC. We've put a great deal together. We're gonna build a great business together. Bellator believes in me; I believe in the company. We're gonna take it to the next level. We're gonna take over."

"We're gonna take Bellator into Canada and we're gonna do it big," MacDonald said. "We're gonna reinvigorate that market. Those fans are gonna get a proper fight show again."

"You walk into that cage like every single other person out there on the roster," MacDonald said of the UFC. "You're basically like a robot walking into the cage with the same jersey on, there's no difference between this guy and that guy. It's boring, I find it. It's very plain. I understand where they're trying to go with it, but that's just not fight sport. There's no personality there."

tumblr_nv1nn4ybxj1qca6b2o1_1280.jpg

Discuss.

Alot of ex ufc fighters bashing them after they leave. You wanna leave on a good note cause if bellator or wsof fold. Where else are you gonna fight. Over seas??

Bellator is funded by Viacom. WSOF is funded by NBC.

Don't expect either of them to go under any time soon.

Bellator is dope.. I enjout most of the events.. which I can't say about the UFC

The production is dope. I like the video screens, ramps, pyro, etc. All of that **** only matters to the fans. I think it's cool that they spend the extra money to make it a better experience.

I'm with that.. I just wish they had a deeper talent pool.. but I still like it as a whole

The thing is, they sign a lot of guys like AJ McKee, MVP, and people like that before the UFC would be willing to give them a contract.

They have quite a few guys that are definitely UFC caliber, but Bellator pays them earlier and earns their loyalty. I'm sure finding out that they're making more than their counterparts in the UFC helps too.

The thing is, they sign a lot of guys like AJ McKee, MVP, and people like that before the UFC would be willing to give them a contract.

They have quite a few guys that are definitely UFC caliber, but Bellator pays them earlier and earns their loyalty. I'm sure finding out that they're making more than their counterparts in the UFC helps too.

Well IMO opinion the UFC needs competition like Bellator

I agree with him somewhat but Bellator can do those elaborate entrances and such because they always close off half the arena and never sell tickets consistently. UFC would never do that to miss out on ticket sales

I've gone to bellator events and they cant even sell half an arena. It's usually families and friends sitting in the arena, they end up leaving after whoever is in their family fights. It's pretty sad

I like competition regardless though, so i'm glad they are offering contracts to big named guys. Koreshkov vs Rory interests me more than any other fight for Rory in the ufc currently

I agree with him somewhat but Bellator can do those elaborate entrances and such because they always close off half the arena and never sell tickets consistently. UFC would never do that to miss out on ticket sales

I've gone to bellator events and they cant even sell half an arena. It's usually families and friends sitting in the arena, they end up leaving after whoever is in their family fights. It's pretty sad

I like competition regardless though, so i'm glad they are offering contracts to big named guys. Koreshkov vs Rory interests me more than any other fight for Rory in the ufc currently

You must have missed how the UFC moves down the upper deck from about half their shows now. lol.. 

Where did you see this Bellator show at? Both Dynamite events were packed. Bellator 145 in STL was packed. Bellator in Wichita was packed. Did you go it in Boise, Idaho or something?

You must have missed how the UFC moves down the upper deck from about half their shows now. lol..

Where did you see this Bellator show at? Both Dynamite events were packed. Bellator 145 in STL was packed. Bellator in Wichita was packed. Did you go it in Boise, Idaho or something?

The first Dynamite would have been awesome to go to

i'm not denying the UFC doesnt struggle with some of their shows but they cant do stuff like that on a consistent basis for all their shows. They do still sell out from time to time.

I go to their mohegan sun shows in connecticut and they arent consistent with sales. Bellator offers you buy 1 get 4 free deals the week of events sometimes. UFC while struggling at times wont do that. I like both styles of entrances to be honest. Bellator is cool at certain times but sometimes I enjoy the walkout of a UFC entrance. I dont expect them to add fireworks or anything but i'm sure they could tweak it somewhat if needed

Notice that the guys that go to Bellator are the ones that can't win fights in the top 5 anymore? 

Bendo - washed up

Rory - broken

Lol wut?

Rory damn near beat the champion at one point. lol.. He beat Demian Maia already. Would beat Condit in a rematch. Easily beats Kelvin Gastelum. 

Bendo has one legitimate loss in the UFC (Baldie said he beat Cerrone) in the past three years, and that was to the guy that was champion at 155. He was 5-1 in that time span.

I think you've confused yourself because Bendo lost to Koreshkov and was struggling with Pitbull. Both of those guys would easily be top two or three in their respective divisions in the UFC. No doubt about it. Pitbull would wipe his **** with Frankie Edgar and guys like that. Koreshkov would laugh at guys like Carlos Condit.

Archived