Sign in to follow this  
fobar

WBO, seriously sort your *** out on vada

BOTH Saul Alvarez and Liam Smith have withdrawn from the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association’s drug testing programme ahead of their WBO super-welterweight world title fight in Texas on September 17.

Golden Boy will promote the show at the AT&T stadium in Dallas. Their senior vice president Eric Gomez said, “We tried to start the program, unfortunately, it was late. There wasn’t enough time to get the full benefit of VADA testing. The fighters will do all and any testing required by Texas and the WBO.”

Anti-doping is a major issue for boxing and the VADA programme is well respected. Andre Ward and Sergey Kovalev for instance will use it ahead of their November 19 clash, Viktor Postol and Terence Crawford enrolled for the world title unification fight.

• Like 1

Ducked GGG

Juices

And he's a ginger

That's 3 strikes meng

truth!  how the **** does a mexiCAN get ginger roots????

hope Smith destroys him, i know it probably wont happen, but the Smith family are great.  Love all of them

• Like 1

Would love Special K and Beefy to win their up coming fights and though many including the bookies do not think either will I do think Beefy will take Canelo to a decision and and Brook will out point Triple G

• Like 1

Would love Special K and Beefy to win their up coming fights and though many including the bookies do not think either will I do think Beefy will take Canelo to a decision and and Brook will out point Triple G

hope so

• Like 1

hope so

The size difference is not as glaring as many thought it was gonna be and in reality this is Triple G's first real solid test all his other fights have been of a certain level, GGG's last opponent was 18-0 but had fought only one guy with a wiki page the rest were journeymen, The biggest fights he has is Lemieux and Rubio, problem is Rubio is a very poor champion and Lemieux got blasted by Rubio. The actual weight class has been weak for a while and that has allowed GGG to build this terrifying reputation

• Like 1

The size difference is not as glaring as many thought it was gonna be and in reality this is Triple G's first real solid test all his other fights have been of a certain level, GGG's last opponent was 18-0 but had fought only one guy with a wiki page the rest were journeymen, The biggest fights he has is Lemieux and Rubio, problem is Rubio is a very poor champion and Lemieux got blasted by Rubio. The actual weight class has been weak for a while and that has allowed GGG to build this terrifying reputation

GGG is a smallish middle and Brook is largish for his division, size was never going to be an issue really.  its just how Kell handles the power because his own speed and power will be no issue moving up.  

GGG does carry genuine KO power at MW even tho i agree, its been weak for a while and we know that Kell's chin is like granite so i am real excited about this match up

better than the proposed Eubank v GGG fight, hated that idea 

• Like 1

GGG is a smallish middle and Brook is largish for his division, size was never going to be an issue really.  its just how Kell handles the power because his own speed and power will be no issue moving up.  

GGG does carry genuine KO power at MW even tho i agree, its been weak for a while and we know that Kell's chin is like granite so i am real excited about this match up

better than the proposed Eubank v GGG fight, hated that idea 

I actually surprised myself by being quite excited for the Eubank vs GGG fight simply after watching the GGG vs Murray fight, Eubank has the heart and Chin to push a pace, walk through some shots and take the fight to Triple G. It would definitely be an interesting scrap though I would prefer to see Eubank vs Saunders 2

• Like 1

BOTH Saul Alvarez and Liam Smith have withdrawn from the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association’s drug testing programme ahead of their WBO super-welterweight world title fight in Texas on September 17.

Golden Boy will promote the show at the AT&T stadium in Dallas. Their senior vice president Eric Gomez said, “We tried to start the program, unfortunately, it was late. There wasn’t enough time to get the full benefit of VADA testing. The fighters will do all and any testing required by Texas and the WBO.”

Anti-doping is a major issue for boxing and the VADA programme is well respected. Andre Ward and Sergey Kovalev for instance will use it ahead of their November 19 clash, Viktor Postol and Terence Crawford enrolled for the world title unification fight.

... that was not an exciting fight, it sucked -

• Like 4