Woodley Talks About Negativity & Racist Backlash Since Winning The Title

Jolldan

Firstly I just want to say if you have a problem with how Woodley is conducting himself as a champion that's ok but if you're harassing the guy because of his race you are a piece of s**t

So we are all well aware of the on going situation with Woodley not wanting to defend his title against Wonderboy the number 1 contender, in favour of trying to secure a super fight against Nick Diaz or GSP.

Because of this he hasn't been popular on social media but it seems the internet hate has been cranked up to a whole new level for Woodley.

Woodley said:

“I’ve had people call me n—-er and monkey and all this racist stuff and I delete these people, then they’ll create another page and just go back out. People are willing to take so many hours of their day to be so negative.”

“Some people, I look at their page and all they do all day is go against African-American athletes and try to really slur them.”

I do not doubt he has been call a Ni**er on a few occasions but he is trying to make a huge deal out of this and his last comment of "I look at their profiles and they spend a lot of time negative to African American athletes just smacks of trying to make this a huge issue. Every famous person has to deal with negativity in fact we all do, anyone who has made something of their lives are targets for those who are too lazy to do so. A grown man a trained fighter in fact a world champion cage fighter being all upset about name calling is ****ing stupid. In fact anyone upset about the N word needs to realise that the word is one of the most said words in America and its mostly Black people who say it

NangaParSoup is at it again...

At what again?? Is it not simply logic? These people are fuelling these people who are not even the 1%, These people are unsuccessful in life so throw words around to try get a rise out of people and guys like Woodley are giving them the publicity the time that they crave. Whilst they are giving the trolls their 10 minutes of fame they are also giving ammunition to groups like BLM, they are instigating more hate but publicising a few guys being horrible to him stokes the fire. it just bored me because we all know 99% of the public are not racist and openly support all colours creeds genders sexual orientation etc

At what again?? Is it not simply logic? These people are fuelling these people who are not even the 1%, These people are unsuccessful in life so throw words around to try get a rise out of people and guys like Woodley are giving them the publicity the time that they crave. Whilst they are giving the trolls their 10 minutes of fame they are also giving ammunition to groups like BLM, they are instigating more hate but publicising a few guys being horrible to him stokes the fire. it just bored me because we all know 99% of the public are not racist and openly support all colours creeds genders sexual orientation etc

Triggered.

I do not doubt he has been call a Ni**er on a few occasions but he is trying to make a huge deal out of this and his last comment of "I look at their profiles and they spend a lot of time negative to African American athletes just smacks of trying to make this a huge issue. Every famous person has to deal with negativity in fact we all do, anyone who has made something of their lives are targets for those who are too lazy to do so. A grown man a trained fighter in fact a world champion cage fighter being all upset about name calling is **** stupid. In fact anyone upset about the N word needs to realise that the word is one of the most said words in America and its mostly Black people who say it

not saying it's morally correct but if you haven't figured out anyone can say pretty much anything on the internet without backlash these days

What we really need to hear is how white guys feel about it.

Because we don't hear that 24/7

It actually would be good to hear from white victims of racism which of course there will be as many victims as Black victims. I for one would quite like to hear their stories just to even it up and show the world racism is a two way thing and every race has people who use race as bait, abuse or even an excuse for physical attack

Gotta love how Woodley literally makes everything into a race card battle. Reminds of the time he claimed that people say he gasses too quickly "because he is black" lol no dip**** people say you gas too quickly because you have the muscle stature of a middleweight and can literally only last 1 round.

Now he is trying to claim that the hate is getting now is because of his race?? Are you ****ing kidding me!? No dip **** people are hating on you because you literally have yet to defend your belt even ONE time and are already refusing fights and begging for a money fight claiming you "deserve" one LOL right.

Never have I ever seen a champion duck the #1 contender so god damn vigorously. Well other than bisping ducking weidman immediately after stealing his belt. Although I will say this situation of Woodley ducking wonderboy at any and all costs does infact still beat it.

I did used to like Woodley too but cmon this **** is just getting ****ing ridiculous

Gotta love how Woodley literally makes everything into a race card battle. Reminds of the time he claimed that people say he gasses too quickly "because he is black" lol no dip**** people say you gas too quickly because you have the muscle stature of a middleweight and can literally only last 1 round.

Now he is trying to claim that the hate is getting now is because of his race?? Are you **** kidding me!? No dip **** people are hating on you because you literally have yet to defend your belt even ONE time and are already refusing fights and begging for a money fight claiming you "deserve" one LOL right.

Never have I ever seen a champion duck the #1 contender so god damn vigorously. Well other than bisping ducking weidman immediately after stealing his belt. Although I will say this situation of Woodley ducking wonderboy at any and all costs does infact still beat it.

I did used to like Woodley too but cmon this **** is just getting **** ridiculous

You're not allowed to have an opinion until you drink the piss.

I really hope Wonderboy smashes him.. but still dont think he is the worst champ

He's a wrestler with a right hand. He's a terrible striker that's why he's avoiding the Wonderboy and Maia fight. if he can't connect with that right hand which I suspect he can't in this case, he will get easily submitted by Maia and KO'd or just embarrassed by Wonderboy.

It actually would be good to hear from white victims of racism which of course there will be as many victims as Black victims. I for one would quite like to hear their stories just to even it up and show the world racism is a two way thing and every race has people who use race as bait, abuse or even an excuse for physical attack

this Maori called me a honky once so I caved his head CLEAN in with a walk away head slam to desk.as I was walking off this guy comes up to me and raises my hand and said "Winner".

ko's Lawler in 6 seconds but did not deserve a title shot?

I think he did deserve his title shot but you cant say there isn't something very hypocritical about a guy who is side-lined for 1 year and 5 months waiting for his title shot gets it wins and then starts talking about not defending his belt right away and waiting for bigger fights.

The thing that irritates me a bit about it is if you say something 90% of the time its taken as racist when really I just think Woodley is acting like a b**ch

Not sure why Woodley is getting grief for choosing money fights instead of the rightful defence.  The UFC have created that paradigm; they started it years ago, but allowing Conor to rematch Nate and making Bisping v Henderson were the final two nails in the coffin for logical fights for champions.

If everyone else is doing it, why shouldn't Woodley?  If you were told you could do an easier job for the week and get double-pay would you refuse??

Woodley's a good lad; gave Kelvin his fat money back when he didn't have to. He's alright in my book.

Not sure why Woodley is getting grief for choosing money fights instead of the rightful defence.  The UFC have created that paradigm; they started it years ago, but allowing Conor to rematch Nate and making Bisping v Henderson were the final two nails in the coffin for logical fights for champions.

If everyone else is doing it, why shouldn't Woodley?  If you were told you could do an easier job for the week and get double-pay would you refuse??

Woodley's a good lad; gave Kelvin his fat money back when he didn't have to. He's alright in my book.

Woodley is a tool who scraped a decision against Kelvin.  

Archived