Sign in to follow this  
cashfl0w

Tim Kennedy says you need to stop being a p***y

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/9/1/12758878/ufc-mma-news-tim-kennedy-killed-women-children-war-iraq-afghanistan-ptsd-army

Tim-Kennedy-Armed-Forces-image.jpg

Dang. He left a long Facebook post where he said this:

I'm asked daily about how and why I don't have PTSD. I'm probably the last person on Earth you should ask about this stuff. I have killed kids and women during war. I have seen my friends and fellow soldiers burn alive. My adult life is filled with the things horror movies are made of. I could have nightmares every night or be a medicated PTSD victim if I didn't choose every day to make a difference for myself and more importantly for the men that died to my left and right. I don't give a **** about how they say we are supposed to heal. I'll tell you how to get better. You stop being a ****. You get up early and train. You train so hard your hands bleed, and you sweat acid. You train so hard you collapse seeing stars. You go get cleaned up. Have a healthy meal. Look your best, dress nice. Then know that the real work is about to start. Find something bigger than yourself and pour every ounce of who you are into it. If that's your family, be the best father on Earth. If you are a cop, firefighter, or a trash man, be the BEST. Know every law, regulation, or route like the back of your hand. Be the best shot on the force. Be in better shape than every officer in the country, and serve the community like its your reason for living. When you finally get home, be a generous lover then collapse into bed. You should be falling asleep before your head hits the pillow because you worked so hard every moment of the day. Get up the next day.... and start all over again. At some point, and I'm not sure when, you won't need to do these things any more.... but you will, because you know you are making a difference. It won't be about you getting better or healthier. It will be about you contributing and giving. It will be about being the best version of yourself, and that version is a baddass that is hard to kill, that doesn't give a **** about what other people think. You do the right thing because you believe in it. When you finally get to heaven and get to see your brothers, they will high five you as you walk by because you made their death worth something and made your life meaningful. Hell you might even get a little wink and a pat on the **** from God as you walk by. #greenberet #ranger #sniper#oef #oif #infantry #Isis #pstd

Discuss.

• Like 6

I think this is a **** thing to say, I know guys who have PTSD and these guys are absolute bad ****, these are guys that have jumped into trenches and slit Argies throats, they are guys that our country called on time and again to step into the breach when it really mattered and Tim Kennedy is no more of a man than these men. I can almost assure they have seen far more brutality up close and personal

• Like 1

Complete drivel

Im surprised to see him say that as Tim has never once seemed like somebody who is effected by PTSD. The whole stop being a **** thing is pretty dumb thing to say right of the bat as everyone experience is different.

Tim genuinely looks like he enjoys being at war (not for one minute saying he enjoys killing people) but he enjoys other elements of it. I do think after a certain amount of time some soldiers struggle more to live without that high heart rate, super dangerous lifestyle.

Edited by Jolldan

having read what he wrote, taking that one line out and using it without context makes him look a ****.   but he gives some sound advice at least

• Like 2

I never liked this guy but damn that was great

Are you trolling again Cole? So you think its great that this idiot is basically saying any veteran that suffers PTSD is being a ****? Are you on of those civvys that think PTSD is a fake illness that the Vets use to get benefits? There are people who suffer PTSD after witnessing a stabbing or crash so think how soldiers must be affected when they see as they do and do as they do. Can you imagine being first responder of an IED blast in which your FRIENDS have been killed or maimed? Can you imagine the affect of frantically picking up body parts hoping it belongs to your men but unsure because there are so many victims? What about those fighting in Fallujah that were killing people in hand to hand combat? What about those that ahve seen first hand the affects of a white Phos grenade?

If people think PTSD is not a real illness or people who suffer are just mentally weak they need to re-evaluate their stance. I would actually like to read about a few of Tims missions to see if he really was in the belly of the beast because lets face it a lot of troops who went over hardly fired a bullet while the others fired many many and had many returned at them

• Like 1

I think this is a **** thing to say, I know guys who have PTSD and these guys are absolute bad ****, these are guys that have jumped into trenches and slit Argies throats, they are guys that our country called on time and again to step into the breach when it really mattered and Tim Kennedy is no more of a man than these men. I can almost assure they have seen far more brutality up close and personal

You talk about the Falklands War like it was the goddamn trenches of WW1

• Like 6

Come on dude

3,000 Brit marines

750 sheep

You do the math

I couldn't take him seriously after that comment

• Like 3

You talk about the Falklands War like it was the goddamn trenches of WW1

Can you explain the difference in a mans head between storming a German trench and storming an Argies trench? Jumping into a hole in the ground and putting your bayonet into a Soldier from Argentina's face is no different if the soldier is German. You are making the assumption that I am talking about the size of battle or the mortars etc but I was not I was talking about the affect it has on a man having to run into a hail of bullets storm a trench and stick a bayonet in another mans body ending his life, It is not a kill from 300 metres its up close and personal its being spattered by your foes blood. That was my point I was not implying the size of battle was the same or life in the trench was the same

• Like 1

Come on dude

3,000 Brit marines

750 sheep

You do the math

Do you understand we lost 255 men, we had 755 injured, or what about our losses in equipment? The 24 helicopters, the 10 fighter planes, the frigates the destroyers? I think you underestimate the war and the forces and firepower ranged against the British. It is not our fault our Parachute Regiment are the best war Fighters in the game, its not our fault our SAS are second to none in the Special Forces theatre!!

Come on dude

3,000 Brit marines

750 sheep

You do the math

I cannot find the exact number but the Argies had 649 killed 1657 injured and we took over 11,000 as pow so your 750 number was way off the mark and do not believe that "British vs Conscripts" bull , the Argies had their SF and their elite on the battlefield they were just beaten by a superior army

For what?

To maintain control of a small piece of ground you have no right to?

The people of the Falklands took part in the democratic process of a vote and the people voted to stay part of the United Kingdom, a massive 98% voted to stay and stated they are Proud Brits, As Brits they have the right to expect our country will defend their rights, freedom and ultimately lives. these people made their choice and the Argentinians decided to take the Falklands by force, taking BRITISH LAND against the wishes of the BRITISH PEOPLE who inhabit the Island.

The Falklands war was far more justified than Vietnam, Korea or even Iraq but you will not hear me dismissing those wars or the men who fought in them, I also respect the fact many men who fought in each of those wars saw horrendous sites that mentally scarred them.

Here is a crazy but true story, I have a cousin who is in my countries Special Forces, he has served in Afghanistan, Iraq, Sierra Leone, Kenya etc, Do you know were they sent him to get ready for the horrors he may see (has seen)?? the sent him to an A&E Department on a Friday and Saturday night for 3 weekends!! Do you believe that got him ready for watching an RPG blow through a warrior armour tearing a mate in half? Do you think it got him ready to try help his mate by holding his innards in? Do you think it got him ready for that feeling all those boys must have got walking the roads on patrol knowing an IED could go off at any second or a snipers bullet could tear their head off .

PTSD is real and our Governments UK and US may be doing more but its still not enough and it is too late for a lot of people

I read a story of Americans, I think Marines or Rangers who had been tasked with hunting down scuds and destroying them before they could launch at Israel in the first Gulf War, This unit came across 3 scud launchers in close proximity and asked for an air strike but were told they could not risk missing one allowing them time to fire the scud, So the unit was ordered to take out the launchers using stealth and it was highlighted to them if a scud is fired the middle east would explode in total war because Israel would retaliate. Those boys had to hit the first scud site and eliminate the enemy using only fighting knives, they then took out the other 2 in similar fashion, How do you think those men felt doing that, do you think they can still picture those kills? Be a bit hard to forget as its not a bullet fired across a battlefield its eye to eye, feeling the breath of the enemy. You also know that killing a man with a knife is not the 1 second thing that Rambo makes out, you understand it takes a good few seconds of horrendous sight and horrific sound?

I probably sound like I am ranting but we have a great soldier here in the UK who suffers PTSD after 6 brutal tours to Helmand and Iraq he is serving 9 years in jail for killing a terrorist on the battlefield. PTSD was not given a thought as they found him guilty and sentenced him to life with a recommendation he serve at least 12 years (dropped 9 on appeal). Now this guy saw horrific things lost a few men brutally, he also found a young soldier a young dad who had went missing on patrol he had been slaughtered, de-limbed and had his limbs tied to branches of a tree for the Troops to find, he found that kid and had to gather the body parts etc. An obvious PTSD sufferer shown no mercy by the court

Tim Kennedy is not saying anything that I haven't seen from other combat veterans on social media. On the one hand, I don't see the point in **** on someone who legitimately suffers from PTSD. On the other hand, I saw a guy I was in the national guard with talking about PTSD on facebook the other day and I wanted to slap the **** out of him. He never saw combat. He never even left the United States, and didn't even finish his initial enlistment. He got medboarded for a **** up back. That kind of **** is the reason that guys like Tim Kennedy post some **** like this. 

It's not cool to have PTSD. Nor is it cool to perpetuate a stereotype that veterans are all mentally unstable and broken, in my opinion. 

I was rated by the VA as 50% disabled because of PTSD and I am not proud of that fact. I certainly don't want to advertise it to the world. 

The truth of it is, I saw dead hajji's in the street. I saw my buddy hop out of a burning humvee on fire once. I saw my platoon sergeant get double amputated by a grenade. My barracks roommate, and the first friend I made at the welcome center on Fort Carson bled out from shrapnel that severed his femoral artery. I returned fire on more than one occasion, I don't know if I killed anyone and I don't particularly want to know. They fired first, and if they died, then **** em. 

How does this affect me? I'm not entirely sure myself. I don't have flashbacks like you see in Hollywood movies. I don't have nightmares every night. I am not prone to violent outbursts.

I am quicker to anger. I do have terrible insomnia. I was drunk for years after I got out, but I quit drinking. I am a lot more risk averse than I used to be, and I am much more aware of my own mortality. I am a bit of a shut in, and I hate being in crowds. Whether these are symptoms of PTSD or just symptoms of getting older, I don't know.

I'd like to think, if you're just meeting me and you don't see the military tattoos--that I regret getting-- you'd never know I was a veteran if I didn't tell you. 

I don't care for vets shaming each other, but on the other hand, I do understand the frustration with people perpetuating negative stereotypes and pretending to have PTSD so people will think they are some kind of badass.

Edited by 12еr
  • Like 14

"You train so hard your hands bleed, and you sweat acid. You train so hard you collapse seeing stars."

lol if Tim Kennedy worked so ****ing hard and is such an Alpha

Why did he cry and complain endlessly and then finally retire after Romero got a couple extra seconds on the stool?

• Like 9

He got PTSD after Roidmero diddled him, couldn't handle his UFC job anymore, went off looking for Hitler.

I was about to write something very similar

• Like 1

Do you understand we lost 255 men, we had 755 injured, or what about our losses in equipment? The 24 helicopters, the 10 fighter planes, the frigates the destroyers? I think you underestimate the war and the forces and firepower ranged against the British. It is not our fault our Parachute Regiment are the best war Fighters in the game, its not our fault our SAS are second to none in the Special Forces theatre!!

SASR beg to differ ;)

The people of the Falklands took part in the democratic process of a vote and the people voted to stay part of the United Kingdom, a massive 98% voted to stay and stated they are Proud Brits, As Brits they have the right to expect our country will defend their rights, freedom and ultimately lives. these people made their choice and the Argentinians decided to take the Falklands by force, taking BRITISH LAND against the wishes of the BRITISH PEOPLE who inhabit the Island.

The Falklands war was far more justified than Vietnam, Korea or even Iraq but you will not hear me dismissing those wars or the men who fought in them, I also respect the fact many men who fought in each of those wars saw horrendous sites that mentally scarred them.

Here is a crazy but true story, I have a cousin who is in my countries Special Forces, he has served in Afghanistan, Iraq, Sierra Leone, Kenya etc, Do you know were they sent him to get ready for the horrors he may see (has seen)?? the sent him to an A&E Department on a Friday and Saturday night for 3 weekends!! Do you believe that got him ready for watching an RPG blow through a warrior armour tearing a mate in half? Do you think it got him ready to try help his mate by holding his innards in? Do you think it got him ready for that feeling all those boys must have got walking the roads on patrol knowing an IED could go off at any second or a snipers bullet could tear their head off .

PTSD is real and our Governments UK and US may be doing more but its still not enough and it is too late for a lot of people

This is just a load.

Brits claim the Falklands because it represents some obsolete imperial power

The same dysfunctional sense of right and wrong that sent you to the Falklands to assert your little selves eventually led you and everyone else into Iraq to commit one of the blunders of the century.

For all the crap that is heaped on Bush for involving us in this quagmire people forget how hard Tony Blair and Co. Worked to stir that whole mess up.

Edited by UFCCagerattler
  • Like 2

This is just a load.

The same dysfunctional sense of right and wrong that sent you to the Falklands to assert your little selves eventually led you and everyone else into Iraq to commit one of the blunders of the century.

For all the crap that is heaped on Bush for involving us in this quagmire people forget how hard Tony Blair and Co. Worked to stir that whole mess up.

agreed 100%

Just because some fat lazy British slobs decided to retire on an island in a warmer climate does NOT give them land rights and ownership of it. It's on the Argentinian coast, probably on the same continental shelf. The UN commission said it's in Argentinian waters. The British Colonisation can **** right off (thanks for coming to Oz though btw)

• Like 1

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/9/1/12758878/ufc-mma-news-tim-kennedy-killed-women-children-war-iraq-afghanistan-ptsd-army

Tim-Kennedy-Armed-Forces-image.jpg

Dang. He left a long Facebook post where he said this:

I'm asked daily about how and why I don't have PTSD. I'm probably the last person on Earth you should ask about this stuff. I have killed kids and women during war. I have seen my friends and fellow soldiers burn alive. My adult life is filled with the things horror movies are made of. I could have nightmares every night or be a medicated PTSD victim if I didn't choose every day to make a difference for myself and more importantly for the men that died to my left and right. I don't give a **** about how they say we are supposed to heal. I'll tell you how to get better. You stop being a ****. You get up early and train. You train so hard your hands bleed, and you sweat acid. You train so hard you collapse seeing stars. You go get cleaned up. Have a healthy meal. Look your best, dress nice. Then know that the real work is about to start. Find something bigger than yourself and pour every ounce of who you are into it. If that's your family, be the best father on Earth. If you are a cop, firefighter, or a trash man, be the BEST. Know every law, regulation, or route like the back of your hand. Be the best shot on the force. Be in better shape than every officer in the country, and serve the community like its your reason for living. When you finally get home, be a generous lover then collapse into bed. You should be falling asleep before your head hits the pillow because you worked so hard every moment of the day. Get up the next day.... and start all over again. At some point, and I'm not sure when, you won't need to do these things any more.... but you will, because you know you are making a difference. It won't be about you getting better or healthier. It will be about you contributing and giving. It will be about being the best version of yourself, and that version is a baddass that is hard to kill, that doesn't give a **** about what other people think. You do the right thing because you believe in it. When you finally get to heaven and get to see your brothers, they will high five you as you walk by because you made their death worth something and made your life meaningful. Hell you might even get a little wink and a pat on the **** from God as you walk by. #greenberet #ranger #sniper#oef #oif #infantry #Isis #pstd

Discuss.

IMMEDIATELY ON THE TRAIN

Tim Kennedy is not saying anything that I haven't seen from other combat veterans on social media. On the one hand, I don't see the point in **** on someone who legitimately suffers from PTSD. On the other hand, I saw a guy I was in the national guard with talking about PTSD on facebook the other day and I wanted to slap the **** out of him. He never saw combat. He never even left the United States, and didn't even finish his initial enlistment. He got medboarded for a **** up back. That kind of **** is the reason that guys like Tim Kennedy post some **** like this.

It's not cool to have PTSD. Nor is it cool to perpetuate a stereotype that veterans are all mentally unstable and broken, in my opinion.

I was rated by the VA as 50% disabled because of PTSD and I am not proud of that fact. I certainly don't want to advertise it to the world.

The truth of it is, I saw dead hajji's in the street. I saw my buddy hop out of a burning humvee on fire once. I saw my platoon sergeant get double amputated by a grenade. My barracks roommate, and the first friend I made at the welcome center on Fort Carson bled out from shrapnel that severed his femoral artery. I returned fire on more than one occasion, I don't know if I killed anyone and I don't particularly want to know. They fired first, and if they died, then **** em.

How does this affect me? I'm not entirely sure myself. I don't have flashbacks like you see in Hollywood movies. I don't have nightmares every night. I am not prone to violent outbursts.

I am quicker to anger. I do have terrible insomnia. I was drunk for years after I got out, but I quit drinking. I am a lot more risk averse than I used to be, and I am much more aware of my own mortality. I am a bit of a shut in, and I hate being in crowds. Whether these are symptoms of PTSD or just symptoms of getting older, I don't know.

I'd like to think, if you're just meeting me and you don't see the military tattoos--that I regret getting-- you'd never know I was a veteran if I didn't tell you.

I don't care for vets shaming each other, but on the other hand, I do understand the frustration with people perpetuating negative stereotypes and pretending to have PTSD so people will think they are some kind of badass.

my respect for you just tripled. Edited by ITs-Time
  • Like 1

agreed 100%

Just because some fat lazy British slobs decided to retire on an island in a warmer climate does NOT give them land rights and ownership of it. It's on the Argentinian coast, probably on the same continental shelf. The UN commission said it's in Argentinian waters. The British Colonisation can **** right off (thanks for coming to Oz though btw)

pretty sure the Aboriginis want the white Australians to **** off too. One of the most suppressed indiginous groups in the Western world. 

pretty sure the Aboriginis want the white Australians to **** off too. One of the most suppressed indiginous groups in the Western world.

oh absolutely. But if we did now they'd just rape and kill each other into extinction after we introduced addictive substances to them.
  • Like 1

Come on dude

3,000 Brit marines

750 sheep

You do the math

**** off troll.

It was 750 cows, not sheep.  They take a lot more stopping.

• Like 3

Wants to meet his brothers in heaven - makes some of their lives a little worse here on earth

It's only an opinion. If their lives really are a little worse because of his opinion then Tim's right. They really are ****.

SASR beg to differ ;)

Is that the same SASR that are trained by the SAS? The same who are armed by our SAS? dO YOU REALLY BELIEVE WE PASS ON all our skills or technology?  :P SASR are GREAT just not SAS GREAT

This is just a load.

I usually do not enter political conversations with blatant liberals but lets point out all wrong with your statement, the Falklands does not represent an obsolete imperial power it represents free people making a democratic choice as staying with Britain and the British protecting their people and their land. It is the same with Northern Ireland, Gibraltar etc, Those lands are British and as long as the people wish to remain British we will defend that right.

You claim Blair worked hard to stir up the mess and insinuate he gets off scot free! Well false on both hands, Blair like a good lap dog took the cue from bush anything Bush said Blair would repeat. As for getting off Scot free there are actually moves being made to bring Blair to "justice" (which in my mind is BS because if anywhere was a deserved target it was Iraq, Hussein had slaughtered his own for years and threatened the west for years)

The reason that you probably will suffer PTSD and the symptoms that show you most likely do. I understand what you are saying about REMF's who claim to have PTSD need a slap and told to shut the **** up but guys like yourself who have seen these horrors deserve all the help you can get when back on Civvy street, Luckily now sufferers got a bit more support but 10 years ago it was non existent 100 years ago they shot guys suffering shell shock. These idiot remf that claim PTSD and belittle the actual condition in the eyes of vets and public should ne named and shamed and made to realise they are genuinely hurting those that need and DESERVE the help

Edited by NangaParbatWinter16

In fact 12er can you give a quick run down on what the American military do to get their men ready for the actual sights and sounds of war? I understand that those things cannot be replicated in training but are there any special measures that they use like our SF sending soldiers to the A&E for 3 weekends?