Bisping plans 3 title defences before retirement

NangaParbatWinter16

http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/05/michael-bisping-says-he-is-planning-three-defences-before-retirement-ahead-of-ufc-204-6093116/

So we have old man ranked 13 Dan Henderson

Not fought in years Welterweight Georges St Pierre

Who would be the third and final defence on Bispings timetable? What about Keith Hackney, Kimo, Ken Shamrock is a good shout

In reality Henderson has one chance to beat Bisping now and that is that H Bomb, Surely Bisping will not keep circling into it like he did at 100, so Bisping probably wins on points in Manchester but the UFC have to give one of the main four the next title shot and everyone of them smashes him

Henderson, Jacare, Rockhold IV.

First champ in history to retire with the belt.

@NPW, are you bitter and hate-filled about Bisping as well?  I thought your bile was exclusively reserved for Conor? 

You do realise you're kind of in alignment with Cole on this now....

What do you mean bitter and Hate filled towards Bisping? I have never liked the guy but certainly not hate filled, Its just fact that he has been granted a shot versus the number 13 ranked guy when there are four legit fighters waiting on a shot at him. I do not like when new champions get to dictate who they fight and we are seeing it more and more often now. Fighters should fight whoever gets them closer to the belt, Champions should fight whoever is the number 1 contender at that time

What do you mean bitter and Hate filled towards Bisping? I have never liked the guy but certainly not hate filled, Its just fact that he has been granted a shot versus the number 13 ranked guy when there are four legit fighters waiting on a shot at him. I do not like when new champions get to dictate who they fight and we are seeing it more and more often now. Fighters should fight whoever gets them closer to the belt, Champions should fight whoever is the number 1 contender at that time

I'm just asking....I'll take that as a no!

I don't think anyone thinks the Hendo (3-6) match-up makes sense. Not sure if we should be mad at the fighter or the ufc though. It's them who are showing an increasing disregard for logical title shots.

I'm just asking....I'll take that as a no!

I don't think anyone thinks the Hendo (3-6) match-up makes sense. Not sure if we should be mad at the fighter or the ufc though. It's them who are showing an increasing disregard for logical title shots.

Both are to blame, Bisping actively went after that fight and the UFC actually made the fight instead of saying to Bisping that there are a division full of guys wanting that shot 12 of which are ranked above Hendo. the MW division is one of the strongest in the UFC with 4 guys that you can see as a legit champion in Weidman, Rockhold, Romero and Souza, You have 2 legends in Silva and Belfort and then you have really solid fighters in Hall, Whittaker, Brunson, Mousasi

Both are to blame, Bisping actively went after that fight and the UFC actually made the fight instead of saying to Bisping that there are a division full of guys wanting that shot 12 of which are ranked above Hendo. the MW division is one of the strongest in the UFC with 4 guys that you can see as a legit champion in Weidman, Rockhold, Romero and Souza, You have 2 legends in Silva and Belfort and then you have really solid fighters in Hall, Whittaker, Brunson, Mousasi

Bisping will fight anyone, anytime though. He called out about ten people. Had the UFC made the correct fight (IMO v jacare), he'd have accepted it like a shot.

The guy just wants to have an argument with someone and then fight them.

Bisping will fight anyone, anytime though. He called out about ten people. Had the UFC made the correct fight (IMO v jacare), he'd have accepted it like a shot.

Even when my pal and son were at their excessive fandom of Bisping I had to admit the guy fought whoever whenever and always turned up to fight, I just think this decision hurts that legacy. Can you imagine Sunday Morning Overeem beats Miocic and gets on the mic and states he wants 2-6 number 12 ranked Roy Nelson next even though you have Cain Velasquez, JDS, Werdum etc waiting in line? It is happening too often now and I agree the UFC need to start showing more respect towards their own rankings and their own championships. Its getting to the stage people are wanting money fights over a title

Henderson, Jacare, Rockhold IV.

First champ in history to retire with the belt.

@NPW, are you bitter and hate-filled about Bisping as well?  I thought your bile was exclusively reserved for Conor? 

You do realise you're kind of in alignment with Cole on this now....

Frank Shamrock retired with the belt, you boor. 

In fact, he retired with the belt in Bispings weight class. So really, Franklin, Anderson, Weidman,Rockhold, but especially Bisping, are all fake champions.

Even when my pal and son were at their excessive fandom of Bisping I had to admit the guy fought whoever whenever and always turned up to fight, I just think this decision hurts that legacy. Can you imagine Sunday Morning Overeem beats Miocic and gets on the mic and states he wants 2-6 number 12 ranked Roy Nelson next even though you have Cain Velasquez, JDS, Werdum etc waiting in line? It is happening too often now and I agree the UFC need to start showing more respect towards their own rankings and their own championships. Its getting to the stage people are wanting money fights over a title

Bisping didn't get on the mic and say he wanted Hendo though...

I can't hate on a guy for wanting double the money. I wish the UFC would take more control of their match-ups, but that Era is long gone.

I have a problem when fighters categorically turn a fight down. When they're given options and they pick one, I really don't see the problem.

Frank Shamrock retired with the belt, you boor. 

In fact, he retired with the belt in Bispings weight class. So really, Franklin, Anderson, Weidman,Rockhold, but especially Bisping, are all fake champions.

Technically, he didn't. It was the MW belt at the time of him winning it up until UFC 31 in 2001 but it was changed to the LHW belt and Frank is recognized as a LHW champion not a MW champ where Bisping currently holds the belt.

Except WhittaGOAT when he ducked him. Or any of the top five when he ducked them for Hendo. Or Chael when he ducked him. Or Rashad when he asked for a rematch. Or Rampage when they beefed and he called him out.

I'm sure there's more :)

Except WhittaGOAT when he ducked him. Or any of the top five when he ducked them for Hendo. Or Chael when he ducked him. Or Rashad when he asked for a rematch. Or Rampage when they beefed and he called him out.

I'm sure there's more :)

Lol.  You can't just make things up to prove a point.  He fought the champ on two week's notice

Anyone

Any time

Any place

bisping.jpg

Technically, he didn't. It was the MW belt at the time of him winning it up until UFC 31 in 2001 but it was changed to the LHW belt and Frank is recognized as a LHW champion not a MW champ where Bisping currently holds the belt.

At the time middleweight was under 200 pounds though.  It got bumped to 205 when light heavyweight was created.

So technically... Nick Diaz is the middleweight and light heavyweight champion.  He was the welterweight champion until Robbie got T-bombed into oblivion.

Archived