The UFC Was Bought By An "Entertainment" Company; The UFC Moves Further Away From Being A "Sport"

I was just thinking about this...

WME-IMG is a talent agency, they promote entertainment.

Fighters being awarded undeserved title shots, as well as "money fights" will happen more and more frequently, as the new owners start to focus on the entertainment side of MMA.

In my opinion this is a good thing. More hitters and less butt sniffers.

Fighters should earn title shots with wins and exciting finishes, The "money fights" should be between the two guys who have reached the top of their divisions. Mighty Mouse vs Dominic Cruz would probably see each man earn around $300-$500,000 yet that is a legit super fight between 2 champions, 2 pound for pounder's, 2 future hall of famer's. How is that fair when you have a guy like Brock Lesnar earning $2 million at least for one fight? Fairer distribution of the fighter pay and bonuses would take away that call for the "money fights" and put more emphasis on the titles again

Mighty Mouse vs Dominic Cruz would probably see each man earn around $300-$500,000 yet that is a legit super fight between 2 champions, 2 pound for pounder's, 2 future hall of famer's. How is that fair when you have a guy like Brock Lesnar earning $2 million at least for one fight?

Brock Lesnar makes more money because more people pay to see him.

How would it be fair to take money away from the guy who is bringing in a much larger portion of the fans to give it to guys who draw far less?

The type of company they are will have zero effect on this...

The amount of money they had to borrow to purchase it, and the amount of interest they have to pay on that money each year, will be the reason for "money fights".

You don't think a talent agency is going to promote entertainment over sports like fights (ie following the rankings and making unfavorable match ups).

Brock Lesnar makes more money because more people pay to see him.

How would it be fair to take money away from the guy who is bringing in a much larger portion of the fans to give it to guys who draw far less?

I would be interested in a head count of who bought tickets explicitly for the main event at Mighty Mouse events.

I'd be surprised if there was forty people in the building for him personally.

I would be interested in a head count of who bought tickets explicitly for the main event at Mighty Mouse events.

I'd be surprised if there was forty people in the building for him personally.

Dudes not fighting as safe as he used to I'll give him credit for that.

But yea he's a zero draw.

Fighters should earn title shots with wins and exciting finishes, The "money fights" should be between the two guys who have reached the top of their divisions. Mighty Mouse vs Dominic Cruz would probably see each man earn around $300-$500,000 yet that is a legit super fight between 2 champions, 2 pound for pounder's, 2 future hall of famer's. How is that fair when you have a guy like Brock Lesnar earning $2 million at least for one fight? Fairer distribution of the fighter pay and bonuses would take away that call for the "money fights" and put more emphasis on the titles again

It's fair in the sense that while Cruz vs MMA would be a super fight no one would buy it and the gate would be garbage.

Lesner puts asses in the seats and ppv buys.

You don't think a talent agency is going to promote entertainment over sports like fights (ie following the rankings and making unfavorable match ups).

I think they will, but I don't agree with your reasoning.

I think they will, because that's the way for them to make the most money, not because it more closely matches their other business.

If ranking based matchmaking was more profitable, I think they'd do that.

the ONLY way for MMA to take rankings based matchmaking seriously is by having a REAL option to UFC....i really don't understand why viacom don't invest more than they do to make bellator more competitive. until they do, MMA as a competitive industry suffers imo, the ufc will keep milking their "attractions" for what they're worth

the ONLY way for MMA to take rankings based matchmaking seriously is by having a REAL option to UFC....i really don't understand why viacom don't invest more than they do to make bellator more competitive. until they do, MMA as a competitive industry suffers imo, the ufc will keep milking their "attractions" for what they're worth

Casual Ramon, they just signed the UFC's #3 welterweight, and they already have a former LW champion. 

none can be argued as best in the world. that's when bellator can start claiming parity. rory isn't being considered for the ufc belt anytime soon, and former is another word for out to pasture

Again Casual Ramon, we've had these discussions, but you're too much of a casual to contribute, so you spew nonsense.

Koreshkov would certainly give Woodley all he could handle. Dantas would do the same to Cruz. Chandler or Pitbull would absolutely beat Conor McGregor. Etc, etc, etc. Watch a fight. Then formulate an opinion that doesn't expose you as an ubercasual.

The type of company they are will have zero effect on this...

The amount of money they had to borrow to purchase it, and the amount of interest they have to pay on that money each year, will be the reason for "money fights".

Taking out HUGE loans to buy MMA/UFC organization?

Bad Business move especially when you overpay by $2 Billion Dollars

Again Casual Ramon, we've had these discussions, but you're too much of a casual to contribute, so you spew nonsense.

Koreshkov would certainly give Woodley all he could handle. Dantas would do the same to Cruz. Chandler or Pitbull would absolutely beat Conor McGregor. Etc, etc, etc. Watch a fight. Then formulate an opinion that doesn't expose you as an ubercasual.

haha i'm a casual but you keep responding cash. more like you've had your jimmies rustled.

i've created a post already recognising how undervalued rival divisions have been in acting as nurseries for the ufc champions down the track, the list wasn't spectacular admittedly, but they ALL have had no ability to hold onto their crops. the ufc have never been not able to poach anyone they wanted. you cannot consider any rival organisation a true competitor until those kind of things happen....holding on to your marquees and poaching world champions, the only case example is fedor.

haha i'm a casual but you keep responding cash. more like you've had your jimmies rustled.

i've created a post already recognising how undervalued rival divisions have been in acting as nurseries for the ufc champions down the track, the list wasn't spectacular admittedly, but they ALL have had no ability to hold onto their crops. the ufc have never been not able to poach anyone they wanted. you cannot consider any rival organisation a true competitor until those kind of things happen....holding on to your marquees and poaching world champions, the only case example is fedor.

More casual talk sprinkled with the usual "rustled because you responded" play. Typical. You blend right in around here.

MVP, Eduardo Dantas, Michael Chandler, Vitaly Minakov, and plenty more are out there. The UFC does NOT just get anybody they want. If you think they loved the world going ham over a Bellator fighter caving in some guy's skull with a knee, then you're a bigger casual than I thought. And before you bother to muster up the typical casual response of "but it was a Bellator can!!!!!!", there are plenty of less experienced potatoes in the UFC WW division that would have had their skull caved in just the same.

More casual talk sprinkled with the usual "rustled because you responded" play. Typical. You blend right in around here.

MVP, Eduardo Dantas, Michael Chandler, Vitaly Minakov, and plenty more are out there. The UFC does NOT just get anybody they want. If you think they loved the world going ham over a Bellator fighter caving in some guy's skull with a knee, then you're a bigger casual than I thought. And before you bother to muster up the typical casual response of "but it was a Bellator can!!!!!!", there are plenty of less experienced potatoes in the UFC WW division that would have had their skull caved in just the same.

when their contracts are done, IF the ufc want them, they'll get them. it's a simple as that. just like every other bellator champ worth their salt before them. that's what rustles you cash. i got no idea what your point about pokemon boy is either. and bellator would cream their pants to land most of the potatoes on the UFC WW list

when their contracts are done, IF the ufc want them, they'll get them. it's a simple as that. just like every other bellator champ worth their salt before them. that's what rustles you cash. i got no idea what your point about pokemon boy is either. and bellator would cream their pants to land most of the potatoes on the UFC WW list

Wrong. There's a reason guys like Rosholt and Nijem sign with WSOF. (And it isn't bigger contracts, dummy) There's a reason guys like Michael Chandler and Pitbull will not make the leap too. More money with Bellator. 

FYI, the more you tell me I'm rustled, the more bothered I can tell you are. You and Saltolini would be best buds.

Wrong. There's a reason guys like Rosholt and Nijem sign with WSOF. (And it isn't bigger contracts, dummy) There's a reason guys like Michael Chandler and Pitbull will not make the leap too. More money with Bellator. 

FYI, the more you tell me I'm rustled, the more bothered I can tell you are. You and Saltolini would be best buds.

you want to brag about rosholt and nijem? lol look i respect what ramsey did but having REAL viable options to ufc would mean alot more fighters doing what he did and earlier.

all bellators stars of today will end up being ufc names WHEN UFC want them. name me a single fighter from a bellator/strikeforce etc that the ufc wanted but didn't get? you can't.

and of course you're rustled mate, you keep crapping on about it lol it's obvious you think you can give it but can't take it back.

you want to brag about rosholt and nijem? lol look i respect what ramsey did but having REAL viable options to ufc would mean alot more fighters doing what he did and earlier.

all bellators stars of today will end up being ufc names WHEN UFC want them. name me a single fighter from a bellator/strikeforce etc that the ufc wanted but didn't get? you can't.

and of course you're rustled mate, you keep crapping on about it lol it's obvious you think you can give it but can't take it back.

Fedor. 

Rustle, rustle, rustle. I said it more. So you're more rustled. I win.

Why? I don't throw toys like a kid every time someone disses bellator lol. Like I've said many times, I want better competition to the ufc, deluding yourself doesn't improve anything

I think you have it a little twisted. I enjoy having this convo because it exposes people like you as the MMA casuals that you are.

Give me a few minutes. We're trying to decide on what to call Zuffa zombies, now that Zuffa isn't involved. Whatever that name is chosen to be, that's you.

yeah, ditch USADA for something a bit less harsh but more than NSAC, only cheating if you have roids in  your system at the time, no telltale metabolite bs. Just like cutting weight to cheat yourself into a lower weight class is cheating, as long as youre the right weight at the weigh in etc.......

ditch reebork, get all the MMA sponsors back. Entertainment

I think you have it a little twisted. I enjoy having this convo because it exposes people like you as the MMA casuals that you are.

Give me a few minutes. We're trying to decide on what to call Zuffa zombies, now that Zuffa isn't involved. Whatever that name is chosen to be, that's you.

like i said cash you're in your own world pal, the proof is when another poster or i again next time serve bellator with a backhand compliment that gets your raged up and you know you can't help yourself....casual casual casual lol it's all you got

like i said cash you're in your own world pal, the proof is when another poster or i again next time serve bellator with a backhand compliment that gets your raged up and you know you can't help yourself....casual casual casual lol it's all you got

Oz thinks the same. There are a few of us that are fans of MMA, and not just the UFC. Don't get it confused that I'm somehow Bellator's defender. I just like calling idiots out on their stupidity. You happen to fall into that category quite often on the Bellator topic. 

Btw, you're rustled. I win again.

Archived