Michael 'Venom' Page has told fans he would be 'down' for UFC Vs Bellator MMA.

fobar

"Friendly competition is good, and if the UFC and Bellator could somehow work together, and do joint bouts it would be incredible. It would bring me back to those WWE days. Man, it was immense, I remember watching those shows and that changed the game for them. If the UFC and Bellator could just shake hands and work together on a few things then it would be better for the fighters, better for the fans and better for everyone. That's that man--I'd be down with that."

Although the chances of this ever happening are slim to none, is this something you guys would like to see? If so which current fighters would you like to see face each other from both organisations?

14184403_10154102497839051_3804076441107

Dantas vs Dom? Never!

That would be funny because Dantas moves equally as well, but moves forward most of the time.

They think they want Eddie Alvarez vs. Conor McGregor. I'm not sure if they realize that will inevitably strengthen the stock of Bellator because Alvarez was in some wars over there. He's already UFC champion when he struggled to pull that off in Bellator. When he kills their biggest star, Bellator becomes a lot more of a force.

That would be funny because Dantas moves equally as well, but moves forward most of the time.

They think they want Eddie Alvarez vs. Conor McGregor. I'm not sure if they realize that will inevitably strengthen the stock of Bellator because Alvarez was in some wars over there. He's already UFC champion when he struggled to pull that off in Bellator. When he kills their biggest star, Bellator becomes a lot more of a force.

lol troof.

Joe Warren could probably take Canor's belt smh

Zero chance of happening. When you are dominating the industry you won't take a chance of your fighters losing to the competition.

^This.

They would look like morons if they let Koreshkov body GSP, MVP brutally knock Lawler into next year, Michael Chandler run through Conor, etc.

Agreed. There are too many downsides for the UFC and they wouldn't want to share PPV revenue with Viacom. Even though the event would be huge, I doubt it would be big enough to make financial sense after the split (even a favorable one for the UFC). I'm sure WME-IMG would rather take 25% fewer PPV buys and get to keep all the proceeds from a UFC-only PPV.

Bellator would jump at the chance, however. The UFC would have to do a clean sweep if it wanted to keep up its "big leagues" image, whereas Bellator would further legitimize itself even if it only took one of the fights.

it would be a challenge for the UFC execs and roster. imagine a fight with MVP vs wonderboy. mcgeary vs DC.

DC would dump McGeary on his head, gotta remember Bellator fighters tend to fight at a more natural weight and don't cut nearly as much as all of the WCC's in the UFC. McGearey would be two divisions smaller than DC if they fought

DC would dump McGeary on his head, gotta remember Bellator fighters tend to fight at a more natural weight and don't cut nearly as much as all of the WCC's in the UFC. McGearey would be two divisions smaller than DC if they fought

Incoming casual remarks about how Bellator fighters are not skilled enough to cut weight.

Incoming casual remarks about how Bellator fighters are not skilled enough to cut weight.

Lol!! Troof. Or scared maybe? It's definitely the lesser man that fights closer to his natural weight.

Since zuffa doesn't run it anymore what are we to call UFC casuals?? WME-IMG doesn't really catch my creative interest..

Lol!! Troof. Or scared maybe? It's definitely the lesser man that fights closer to his natural weight.

Since zuffa doesn't run it anymore what are we to call UFC casuals?? WME-IMG doesn't really catch my creative interest..

I don't know. I've been suffering without "Zuffa zombies". You tell me.

"Friendly competition is good, and if the UFC and Bellator could somehow work together, and do joint bouts it would be incredible. It would bring me back to those WWE days. Man, it was immense, I remember watching those shows and that changed the game for them. If the UFC and Bellator could just shake hands and work together on a few things then it would be better for the fighters, better for the fans and better for everyone. That's that man--I'd be down with that."

Although the chances of this ever happening are slim to none, is this something you guys would like to see? If so which current fighters would you like to see face each other from both organisations?

14184403_10154102497839051_3804076441107

I see no not to bring in someone good from another promotion on one of the 57 times someone drops out of a big fight.

Fedor comes instantly to mind as a guy who could come in for any HW drop out.

King Mo could come in at LHW etc etc

Ok, so, which matchups would you guys like to watch ?

I would be looking forward:

Nick vs MVP

Andrey vs Wonderboy

Dantas vs Cruz

Conor vs Chandler

Lawler vs Daley

I'd let Pitbull body Conor and Chandler get his trilogy fight with Alvarez. Iron Mike made it look easy the first fight, and Alvarez robbed him in the rematch. Then Eddie peaced out before he had to get beat up again.

I wouldn't mind Caveman vs. El Cucuy. I'd watch Daniel Straus beat up Aldo. There's plenty of matches I'd like to see.

I'd let Pitbull body Conor and Chandler get his trilogy fight with Alvarez. Iron Mike made it look easy the first fight, and Alvarez robbed him in the rematch. Then Eddie peaced out before he had to get beat up again.

I wouldn't mind Caveman vs. El Cucuy. I'd watch Daniel Straus beat up Aldo. There's plenty of matches I'd like to see.

Any WMMA match in particular ?

how many more fights does he have left with bellator?

he recently renewed his bellator contract so probably 2 or 3 more fights, but in all interviews he has sid he loves bellator and has no plans to leave.

however with his recent publicity over the cyborg fight and praise from rogan i imagine that could change now that the ufc would likely offer him a considerable amount of money to sign

Ok, so, which matchups would you guys like to watch ?

I would be looking forward:

Nick vs MVP

Andrey vs Wonderboy

Dantas vs Cruz

Conor vs Chandler

Lawler vs Daley

there would be a lot of match that can be made with daley.i think daley and conor at WW would be a fun fight to watch.douglas lima vs lawler/cowboy. MVP vs wonderboy or of a.silva goes to 170 or a catchweight.chandler vs ferguson.

Think of the betting lines on ........

Liam McGeary versus either Jones, DC or Rumble

Rafael Carvalho versus either Weidman, Jacare, Romero, Rockhold

Andrei Koreshkov versus Tyron Woodley or Stephen Thompson (Rory will be fave to bt him when they fight)

Michael Chandler vs Alvarez, RDA, Khabib,

Daniel Straus vs McGregor, Aldo, Edgar 

Eduardo Dantas vs Cruz or Dillashaw

Are the Bellator fighters favourites in any of these fights? The only fights were the lines would eb close are at lightweight simply down to the Alvarez vs Chandler results in the past but Alvarez has came on a lot since those days and Eddie though champion may not even be the UFC's best LW because Khabib is a real danger

Koreshkov has not fought great fighters and the one time he fought an elite welterweight he was stopped (Ben Askren)

Straus best opponents are Curran and Pitbull who he is 1-2 and 1-2 against and they are not great

Chandler is a legit fighter and think he could mix in the top UFC 5 but win the title I don't think

Carvalho as champ screams how bad their MW division is, his top two wins are vs old man Manhoef who he needed a Split and Schilling who is a great fighter OUTSIDE MMA but only 2-5 in MMA.

Liam McGearys best win is against Tito who has not been relevant to the LHW division since 2006 when Chuck ended his relevance

Think of the betting lines on ........

Liam McGeary versus either Jones, DC or Rumble

Rafael Carvalho versus either Weidman, Jacare, Romero, Rockhold

Andrei Koreshkov versus Tyron Woodley or Stephen Thompson (Rory will be fave to bt him when they fight)

Michael Chandler vs Alvarez, RDA, Khabib,

Daniel Straus vs McGregor, Aldo, Edgar 

Eduardo Dantas vs Cruz or Dillashaw

Are the Bellator fighters favourites in any of these fights? The only fights were the lines would eb close are at lightweight simply down to the Alvarez vs Chandler results in the past but Alvarez has came on a lot since those days and Eddie though champion may not even be the UFC's best LW because Khabib is a real danger

Dantas is a favorite over Dillashaw. Toss up with Cruz.

Daniel Straus would handle McGregor. Pitbull hits just as hard as Conor. If Pitbull can't knock him out, neither will Conor. 

Michael Chandler would beat the **** out of Eddie Alvarez for a third time. RDA would get his post-USADA **** kicked also.

Koreshkov bodies everybody in the WW division, and I'm a huge T-Wood fan. He would make Lawler look silly. His Sambo background would make all that dancing Wonderboy does useless. Keep in mind, Wonderboy got dropped recently by Jake Ellenberger. Koreshkov would take his head off.

Carvalho lost to Melvin Manhoef. I don't need a judge to tell me who won. So Melvin Manhoef is the real guy at MW. Shlemenko comes back soon also. Both of those guys are beasts. Melvin Manhoef would likely knock Bisping out cold.

Liam McGeary is a small LHW. He would probably move down to MW in the UFC, and would ruin a lot of those guys.

The thing is with the Vegas lines, and the reason I didn't bother to list what I think they would be is that you have to remember that they set those lines deliberately where they think they can draw action. BUT they also have to be ahead of what the public will do. Obviously if you read this forum, you know that there are a very large number of MMA casuals that are hardcore UFC fans. The vast majority of bets from Joe Public are not on the sharp side. That applies to any sport. So the lines would be heavily skewed towards the UFC fighters, and the oddsmakers would hope for a Bellator shutout.

Archived