The Official "Conor Dodges His Division" Thread.

Kable

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ducking would logically mean avoiding the harder fight to take the easier one.

Given that the choice is a bigger guy who you've never fought or a smaller guy that you've already beaten I'm not sure how fighting Alvarez instead of Aldo is ducking?

That said....I still think conor should defend his belt next but the motivation for fighting for the LW belt certainly isn't ducking.

He got a good lucky shot on Aldo, relief coursed through his entire body & hes dodging a rematch with one of the most dominant champs there has been cause he knows he cant flash KO him again.

Alvarez is much easier for Conor than RDA, if the UFC are lame enough to offer an instant title shot at LW, its a no brainer. I wouldn't blame him if he took that & id want to see it, but the UFC should be forcing him to face Aldo again.

I bet if he get the title shot & beats Alvarez he will ditch the FW title & we will never know if Aldo could have beat him or not.

He got a good lucky shot on Aldo, relief coursed through his entire body & hes dodging a rematch with one of the most dominant champs there has been cause he knows he cant flash KO him again.

Alvarez is much easier for Conor than RDA, if the UFC are lame enough to offer an instant title shot at LW, its a no brainer. I wouldn't blame him if he took that & id want to see it, but the UFC should be forcing him to face Aldo again.

I bet if he get the title shot & beats Alvarez he will ditch the FW title & we will never know if Aldo could have beat him or not.

lmao

Diaz was a much worse matchup than Aldo, so is Alvarez

Ducking would logically mean avoiding the harder fight to take the easier one.

Given that the choice is a bigger guy who you've never fought or a smaller guy that you've already beaten I'm not sure how fighting Alvarez instead of Aldo is ducking?

That said....I still think conor should defend his belt next but the motivation for fighting for the LW belt certainly isn't ducking.

OP says dodging not ducking.

Fighters like Mighty Mouse are too afraid to go up a weight class and lose. Conor going up a weight class to fight a wrestler champion is literally the opposite of ducking. 

the difference is Mighty Mouse is small if he moves up a division (Cruz has 5 inch height and 3 inch reach advantage on him) whereas if Conor moves up to Lightweight he is still the bigger guy versus most of the division. He is only featherweight because his body can handle an extreme cut but that gets harder with every fight.

Forgetting the hate for a few seconds , Conor should avoid the Lightweight division like the Plague!! Chad showed he is easy to take down for a Wrestler and at Lightweight you have three over bearing very powerful grapplers in RDA, Alvarez and Khabib, Even guys like Ferguson who will be a bit bigger will pose real problems for CM at LW then of course Diaz is back at LW too

lol, why would he be dodging a division he has obliterated? There is nothing for Conor to do right now there

Sad but true ^

For as much I would like to see him at FW defending his belt, the bottom line is that "on paper" he got no business at 145 at this moment.

I would say have Aldo and Holloway fight and winner faces Conor sometime next Summer.

the difference is Mighty Mouse is small if he moves up a division (Cruz has 5 inch height and 3 inch reach advantage on him) whereas if Conor moves up to Lightweight he is still the bigger guy versus most of the division. He is only featherweight because his body can handle an extreme cut but that gets harder with every fight.

Also known as the "potato famine" perk.

Also, lol at "obliterated the division." He's fought exactly 2 of the guys that are currently ranked in the top 15. 

He knows that losing his featherweight title will smash the illusion for his Stan's, so he's ducking that risk. Therefore ducking.

Stay salty, fellas. 

He needs to either defend or vacate.

I understand the desire to win every belt he can, make the most money he can but at the same time you are the FW champ it's your obligation to defend against the number one contender which is Aldo.

Imo he beats Alvarez, has a harder time with RDA but wins. Hugbib is the hardest fight I think he gets GSPd.

Also, lol at "obliterated the division." He's fought exactly 2 of the guys that are currently ranked in the top 15. 

He knows that losing his featherweight title will smash the illusion for his Stan's, so he's ducking that risk. Therefore ducking.

Stay salty, fellas. 

I'm just happy you're not still pushing the "He's ducking Frankie" theory any more.

Everyone's over-thinking it IMO opinion.  Pretty sure Conor's sole motivation is the money and he figures he'll get more for fighting Alvarez than Aldo.  If there was a big money fight at FW, he'd take that.  Do you think he talks about money all the time as a gimmick??

I'm just happy you're not still pushing the "He's ducking Frankie" theory any more.

Everyone's over-thinking it IMO opinion.  Pretty sure Conor's sole motivation is the money and he figures he'll get more for fighting Alvarez than Aldo.  If there was a big money fight at FW, he'd take that.  Do you think he talks about money all the time as a gimmick??

That's because he already successfully ducked Frankie. 

Frankie is a bad match up for Comber, and Aldo is a bad match up for him. Comber is a bad match up for Aldo and so forth.

He's now ducking the other 13 guys in the top 15 at featherweight.

That's because he already successfully ducked Frankie. 

Frankie is a bad match up for Comber, and Aldo is a bad match up for him. Comber is a bad match up for Aldo and so forth.

He's now ducking the other 13 guys in the top 15 at featherweight.

Rumour is that Frankie is now ducking the whole division - by going down.  How is that more noble than "ducking" the whole division by going up?

Frankie being a bad match for Conor is speculation btw way, whereas your other two statements are based on actual fights between the two.

I still think Conor's next fight should be at FW though...

Also, why the **** should I care that he wants a money fight? He got two in a row. I want to see the featherweight champion defend the featherweight title. This use to be a sport.

You should be pissed off about it.  I am.  But it's the way the UFC has gone now unfortunately.  Conor took a largely irrelevant match with Diaz to keep him in the main event, lost, and they promptly TRIPLED his salary for a meaningless rematch.

I won't blame the fighters for this though.  It's the UFC's fault for making Conor/Diaz II, Bisping v Henderson and likely Woodley v GSP.

Rumour is that Frankie is now ducking the whole division - by going down.  How is that more noble than "ducking" the whole division by going up?

Frankie being a bad match for Conor is speculation btw way, whereas your other two statements are based on actual fights between the two.

I still think Conor's next fight should be at FW though...

Frankie might as well, for one, he is smaller than Cruz so making that weight should be easy. For the other, Gameplan McCondit will never fight him and the UFC won't strip that ducking idiot, so all he'd be doing at 145 is knocking off contenders for a scared ginger.

I say he goes down.

You should be pissed off about it.  I am.  But it's the way the UFC has gone now unfortunately.  Conor took a largely irrelevant match with Diaz to keep him in the main event, lost, and they promptly TRIPLED his salary for a meaningless rematch.

I won't blame the fighters for this though.  It's the UFC's fault for making Conor/Diaz II, Bisping v Henderson and likely Woodley v GSP.

It's the fans fault, for buying this stupid ****.

I blame myself as well. I paid for the rematch, but I thought Gameplan McCondit would stand and bang--get knocked out-- but instead I got honey ****ed and he ran for dear life.

Frankie might as well, for one, he is smaller than Cruz so making that weight should be easy. For the other, Gameplan McCondit will never fight him and the UFC won't strip that ducking idiot, so all he'd be doing at 145 is knocking off contenders for a scared ginger.

I say he goes down.

He should go up.  He has an arguably better record at LW than at FW.  I never saw him get physically overwhelmed at LW, whereas I did see him twice getting beaten by speed at FW - there's a good chance that will happen even more at BW.

Conor's biggest threat at FW is Max though, not wee pillow-fisted Frankie.

Don't start thinking he can wrassle because Diaz's half hearted takedown attempts failed. Nate can't wrassle either. Frankie would take him down with ease.

It's the fans fault, for buying this stupid ****.

I blame myself as well. I paid for the rematch, but I thought Gameplan McCondit would stand and bang--get knocked out-- but instead I got honey ****ed and he ran for dear life.

This is true.

Considering us Brits don't actually pay for this stuff then I lay the blame firmly at the door of all American posters.  You should all be ashamed.

He should go up.  He has an arguably better record at LW than at FW.  I never saw him get physically overwhelmed at LW, whereas I did see him twice getting beaten by speed at FW - there's a good chance that will happen even more at BW.

Why do that? If McGinger wins the title at 155 then he starts ducking him at 2 weight classes and he's back to square one.

This is true.

Considering us Brits don't actually pay for this stuff then I lay the blame firmly at the door of all American posters.  You should all be ashamed.

You idiots fly 18 hours and pay thousands of dollars to follow him. It's especially your fault.

Those pillow fists put Mendes out cold in half a round. McCondit's girl punches couldn't hurt him until he was too tired to stand.

Why do that? If McGinger wins the title at 155 then he starts ducking him at 2 weight classes and he's back to square one.

Lol, i disagree with your premise that Conor is scared of a small bouncy man with pillows for hands.

If Frankie wants the famous red panty night he should follow Conor up and make himself the no.1 contender.  He ain't going to get 6 figures fighting Cruz.

You idiots fly 18 hours and pay thousands of dollars to follow him. It's especially your fault.

This is the bit where you lump the Brits in with the Irish again huh?

Archived