Workers get Punished whereas the Unemployed are given it all

NangaParbatWinter16

This morning I was speaking to a friend of mine who is on State Benefits, The subject came up simply because he always comes on nights out, dresses smartly, drives and has a season ticket to Rangers like I do. So we worked out he is getting nearly half my monthly income and I am classed as having a good income in the UK so he is getting more in some cases far more than other workers. After breaking down his different benefits he receives £1460 a month in cash, he gets housing benefit of £320 a month paid for him, he gets his council tax paid for him too, if he needs to go to the dentist he does not pay, he gets cut price entry to the gym and has a free travel card that he can ride any bus with.

Surely this is just flat out wrong when you have people working 40 hour weeks for the same kind of money? An £18K a year job pays £1500 a month ,that is only £40 more than he receives yet the worker has to pay his rent, council tax, travel etc off that making the people on Benefits better off.

Don't get me wrong my pal cannot work and has a disability meaning he needs a little extra help and he is grateful to the state but there are many who demand more and use the money on drink and drugs.

This morning I was speaking to a friend of mine who is on State Benefits, The subject came up simply because he always comes on nights out, dresses smartly, drives and has a season ticket to Rangers like I do. So we worked out he is getting nearly half my monthly income and I am classed as having a good income in the UK so he is getting more in some cases far more than other workers. After breaking down his different benefits he receives £1460 a month in cash, he gets housing benefit of £320 a month paid for him, he gets his council tax paid for him too, if he needs to go to the dentist he does not pay, he gets cut price entry to the gym and has a free travel card that he can ride any bus with.

Surely this is just flat out wrong when you have people working 40 hour weeks for the same kind of money? An £18K a year job pays £1500 a month ,that is only £40 more than he receives yet the worker has to pay his rent, council tax, travel etc off that making the people on Benefits better off.

Don't get me wrong my pal cannot work and has a disability meaning he needs a little extra help and he is grateful to the state but there are many who demand more and use the money on drink and drugs.

You're telling me. I live next door to more than a dozen mother ****s who hang out on their porch and drink all day long. The fact that there's literally a dozen people in there who have managed to finagle a way to sit at home all their lives, without so much as raising a finger to earn a penny, says a lot about the state of society.

Only a matter of time before the weight of these types of people bring our nation down.

Yup, this is my pet hate.

I had the joys of grocery shopping with the wife a few weeks ago. Whilst stood in the queue to pay, two girls were stood in front of us. Probably 18 or 19 yrs old, summat like that. Both had a kid in a pushchair, plus one other kid with them, about 2 or 3 yrs old.. I wasn't intentionally listening to them, but they were so loud I couldn't help but overhear their discussion.

They were planning a night out for the following Friday night. One asked the other if they should invite this other girl they know. The response.. "No point, she has a job, she can't afford to go out. I've told her to get pregnant but she won't listen"

This is why Scotland is broke mate. The sooner you boot out sturgeon the better.

Don't get me wrong, I think we should support the vulnerable, the sick, the defenceless etc, but in Britain at the moment apparently an 18 year old girl will be better off until she is 40 if she has three kids instead of getting a degree in medicine and becoming a doctor. That just can't be right...

The one thing I do think you've got right up there is that you don't charge crazy tuition fees. Good that you're investing in yoof.

Don't get me wrong, I think we should support the vulnerable, the sick, the defenceless etc, but in Britain at the moment apparently an 18 year old girl will be better off until she is 40 if she has three kids instead of getting a degree in medicine and becoming a doctor. That just can't be right...

You perfectly described the American dilemma, as well. My generation was the beginning of the professional child bearers. I can't tell you how many girls my age or younger have three kids and are single parents. It's ridiculous. 

This would be part of a typical C.V. of a lot of 30 yr old females in the UK.

Qualifications

Nil

Work Experience

Nil

Additional Information

I​ left school at 15 because I was pregnant with my first child, Keanu. That's why I haven't got any qualifications innit. I didn't want to work because the Mum and kid bond is deadest important eh? When Keanu was nearly at school age and I'd be available to work and lose benefits, I miraculously became pregnant with my second kid, Madonna. Madonna was diagnosed with ADHD, that's a pity as the Doctor said it might be because I smoked and had 30 Bacardi breezers every weekend when I was preggers, but, I get extra benefits for that ADHD, so every cloud has a silver lining. Without any planning at all, just before Madonna started school I became preggers with my last kid. Beyoncé. I tried to get preggers again dead quick so Beyoncé could have another sister or brother the same age, but that didn't happen as I am apparently now a munter. Shame I wasn't preggers again as the council would have then given us a four bedroom house instead of this poxy 3 bedroom innit. 

I am writing this CV cos the social said I had to write one.

Also, I am available for any work, apart from any job which involves dealing with any people I don't know, or which involves leaving the house,  as I am busy convincing my Doctor that I am suffering Depression, Anxiety and Agoraphobia. So I am disabled and due to get lots of benefits innit.

Most unemployment programs last a few weeks or months.

Then you have go on welfare for a while.

Then you simply drop off all the rolls and are a homeless bum

That's how it works in Murica.

Really? Even if female with kids?

In the UK, many see pumping out babies every few years as a long term career path.

i had a mate that worked for a building firm many years ago, mid 90's.   small firm, 6 or 7 of them and they used to sign on.   go in on their lunch break, wouldnt change from their work clothes so you could tell they came from a building site and they used to just claim they were helping out while they were looking for work.  

not sure if it is that easy now

And here you have to work and pay into unemployment plans in order to get them when you lose your job.

You don't just get on unemployment for being good looking

Kind of the same here. We pay something called National Insurance contributions. You have to pay so much within a certain time period to receive unemployment benefit, and you have to pay a certain amount of NI contributions throughout your working life to receive a state old age pension.

Unless you already receive certain benefits, in which case your NI contributions are paid for you. LoL at that ****.

Here is believe its state run. In Cali we have the edd which is where you go to get your benefits.

also you can't just quit your job. Yu have to have been laid off or have a good reason for leaving it.

Also you have to have made a certain amount of money. I believe the more you made the more you get in benefits but it has been long time and I was only ever on it for a short stint. It paid nothing and I just collected it until I got another job. Don't even remember how much I got but I wasn't buying season tickets

Here's how that works.

With all the complexities in todays society it's easy to lose sight of the simple things. The simple truth is this: Society, any society, is a large group of people made up of mostly decent people that are willing to carry their own weight and even add a little weight to make up for those that are genuinely needing because they are unable to provide for themselves.  

Then there's the portion of people who are not burdened by a conscience or moral values of any kind. These are the people that slack, steal, rob, and generally squeeze society for all it will provide for them for free. The obvious thought would be to stop giving these people free stuff. It's not that easy though

There's a great dilemma there in the fact that cutting these freeloaders off from charity means they will turn to crime. The cold hard fact is that they will ALWAYS cost honest hard working people money, whether it be through charity or crime.

The healthy thing to do for any society is to remove these individuals. I will leave "remove" open for interpretation but the fact of the matter is it is the only true solution to the problem.

Most unemployment programs last a few weeks or months.

Then you have go on welfare for a while.

Then you simply drop off all the rolls and are a homeless bum

That's how it works in Murica.

Here in the UK we have many many citizens that are long term benefit seekers, We have many on the sick for over 10 years, Supposed Jobseekers on JSA for 10 years and I am being kind with sayoing 10 years because there are some 20-30 years.

I really do not mind helping the vulnerable because I am in a position to do so without hurting my bottom line but the people working 40-50 hours a week at minimum wage taking home less than £1500 should be getting help with rent and council tax if those on benefits are. How come we can have one guy working his **** off all week every week and he cannot afford to come to the football yet we have another who has never worked a day in his life can comfortably attend the game and not only that can buy his rounds when its his turn.

Cash I have always wondered about those dudes hanging about all day doing nothing, Do they get cash off the state there in The U.S? I thought the U.S only issued Food stamps

Here's how that works.

With all the complexities in todays society it's easy to lose sight of the simple things. The simple truth is this: Society, any society, is a large group of people made up of mostly decent people that are willing to carry their own weight and even add a little weight to make up for those that are genuinely needing because they are unable to provide for themselves.  

Then there's the portion of people who are not burdened by a conscience or moral values of any kind. These are the people that slack, steal, rob, and generally squeeze society for all it will provide for them for free. The obvious thought would be to stop giving these people free stuff. It's not that easy though

There's a great dilemma there in the fact that cutting these freeloaders off from charity means they will turn to crime. The cold hard fact is that they will ALWAYS cost honest hard working people money, whether it be through charity or crime.

The healthy thing to do for any society is to remove these individuals. I will leave "remove" open for interpretation but the fact of the matter is it is the only true solution to the problem.

I have always pondered this and you are spot on, It is better we have that safety net in place its not really that I get annoyed with because even those getting DLA etc are not getting a huge sum, my problem is those working all those hours and only earning £8.00 an hour

First of all, Does your mate sell drugs? Have kids? etc
Cause if he is unemployed, single and has no kids and makes more money than you who works hard? Why are you friends with him? Clearly he is an irresponsible waste of space.
Second of All, We call them "Dole Bums"

In the US you can typically stay on welfare for 5 years but there are loop holes to get help indefinitely. The ridiculous thing is the amount they can get. There are states that pay up to $60k in benefits to welfare recipients. Keep in mind that is all tax free.

Yeah, the only consolation for us working folk is that eventhough these bums get **** for free, they typically lead unhappy lives because they are very skilled at ****ing **** up. They mess up most things in life because they generally lack the ability to reflect and improve themselves. They just stick to pointing their fingers at outside sources they claim are responsible for their situation. It's never their fault.

Nah I'll just work for my ****

Cause if he is unemployed, single and has no kids and makes more money than you who works hard? Why are you friends with him? Clearly he is an irresponsible waste of space.

Sell drugs, have kids etc?

You list them as if they're in the same category or something.....

Sell drugs, have kids etc?

You list them as if they're in the same category or something.....

His income is dependent on the two. You get more benefits(more money) for having children. You make money selling drugs, a decent amount too. So The drugs selling alters how much money he is getting in. Just trying to work out the x factors. He can't just get more money for doing nothing. The benefits are capped. I for one am not on benefits and have a mortgage. Sold my previous house so have money from that but I save and am not a complete dummy with money. The Sun would have you believe people get **** for free. They cheat the system sure, but that's cause the system is written badly and is flawed. Good for them. It's when they do **** like. Have 8 kids and use the money on boob jobs.

His income is dependent on the two. You get more benefits(more money) for having children. You make money selling drugs, a decent amount too. So The drugs selling alters how much money he is getting in. Just trying to work out the x factors. He can't just get more money for doing nothing. The benefits are capped. I for one am not on benefits and have a mortgage. Sold my previous house so have money from that but I save and am not a complete dummy with money. The Sun would have you believe people get **** for free. They cheat the system sure, but that's cause the system is written badly and is flawed. Good for them. It's when they do **** like. Have 8 kids and use the money on boob jobs.

ah right, gotcha!  Was briefly confused.

My pal certainly isn't an irresponsible waste of space he does have a kid that he raises by himself but he is also disabled because of an accident when he was a baby, The guy is one of the people I do not mind my taxes helping simply because he genuinely needs the help, I also wouldn't wish him to get less because he is comfortable and that's it there are plenty of things he cannot do with the lot of us that work like he missed out on Silva vs Bisping etc. Again though my problem is not people getting benefits or the amount my problem is the people on minimum wage or anything up to say £20k a year are really struggling to make ends meet and they are left with less disposable cash than people on benefits. We need to start giving a tax break those under 20k a year, we need to start giving them a little help with their rent and council tax, Lets face it if the big companies were paying the tax they should be the country could afford it, 

Let me welcome you to the modern society lol. 

My wife and I both work and I don't even have an expensive phone.  My Iphone 4 was a pass me down from my brother inlaw and people who are on government assistance have the latest Iphone or android lol. 

My pal certainly isn't an irresponsible waste of space he does have a kid that he raises by himself but he is also disabled because of an accident when he was a baby, The guy is one of the people I do not mind my taxes helping simply because he genuinely needs the help, I also wouldn't wish him to get less because he is comfortable and that's it there are plenty of things he cannot do with the lot of us that work like he missed out on Silva vs Bisping etc. Again though my problem is not people getting benefits or the amount my problem is the people on minimum wage or anything up to say £20k a year are really struggling to make ends meet and they are left with less disposable cash than people on benefits. We need to start giving a tax break those under 20k a year, we need to start giving them a little help with their rent and council tax, Lets face it if the big companies were paying the tax they should be the country could afford it, 

These are the target for taxes because they spend as they live. Too give them tax breaks would be nice but how do you generate money to fix the roads and bridges and pay for schools etc if you give the people who pay the majority of taxes a break? Rich people get tax breaks cause they are usually the ones making the decision.

These are the target for taxes because they spend as they live. Too give them tax breaks would be nice but how do you generate money to fix the roads and bridges and pay for schools etc if you give the people who pay the majority of taxes a break? Rich people get tax breaks cause they are usually the ones making the decision.

Lmfao. Are you serious?

The top earners in the USA pay 60% of all taxes. The bottom portion pay 3%.

Not to mention the ludicrous amount of tax "return" (in quotation because it's really a handout) they receive when they file.

Give me a break.

Lmfao. Are you serious?

The top earners in the USA pay 60% of all taxes. The bottom portion pay 3%.

Not to mention the ludicrous amount of tax "return" (in quotation because it's really a handout) they receive when they file.

Give me a break.

Sorry ITR, I am from Scotland and so is Nanga.

Archived