Over/Under: Who Lasts Longer, CM Punk, or James Toney?

Mcmax3000

32 members have voted

1. 1. Does Punk Last Over/Under Toney (3:19)?

This came up when talking with some other people, and I thought it would make for an interesting poll question:

Does CM Punk last longer, or shorter against Mickey Gall than James Toney lasted against Randy Couture?

Toney's time was 3 minutes, 19 seconds.

This came up when talking with some other people, and I thought it would make for an interesting poll question:

Does CM Punk last longer, or shorter against Mickey Gall than James Toney lasted against Randy Couture?

Toney's time was 3 minutes, 19 seconds.

Isn't it the opposite of Couture vs Toney? Doesn't Punk want to take it to the ground?

Isn't it the opposite of Couture vs Toney? Doesn't Punk want to take it to the ground?

What are you basing that on? You know he was just a professional wrassler, right? He didn't wrassle in college or anything, he has zero credentials anywhere, but considering he is training with Pettis's camp, I'd assume he's been working on striking more than anything.

What are you basing that on? You know he was just a professional wrassler, right? He didn't wrassle in college or anything, he has zero credentials anywhere, but considering he is training with Pettis's camp, I'd assume he's been working on striking more than anything.

CM Punk was a pro wrestling champ. He held the highest title in the highest level of wrestling. You're highly mistaken if you think he cant throw this dude around the ring.

1) According to the Director of the Ohio Athletic Commission, pro wrestling, and college wrestling are the same thing.

2) I was basing my agreement on the fact that he has trained BJJ longer than he has trained striking as far as I know.

CM Punk has been in with beasts like Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, John Cena and co and you think he cannot handle little Micky Gall?

Seriously though I do not think you can compare Gall to Couture or even Punk with Toney, I see it going to a decision and I right now I have Glal via Decision but I could change beforehand

Seriously though I do not think you can compare Gall to Couture or even Punk with Toney,

It's not so much about comparing any of them as fighters as it is comparing the fact that a lot of people are expecting Punk to lose quickly with the fact that Toney did lose quickly.

Honestly, he's absolutely right.

One thing that I caught on the Evolution of Punk episodes is that when he gets punched, he doesn't turtle up. He doesn't flail his arms or retreat like Lesnar does. He kept moving forward. That's a really good sign in relation to his toughness.

Punk been getting his A$%$ kicked in by former and current World Champions for 2 years straight and keep showing up EVERYDAY.

Definately tough as nails and what happens when Gall actually face his first bit of trouble in a fight he may actually turtle up.

Honestly, he's absolutely right.

One thing that I caught on the Evolution of Punk episodes is that when he gets punched, he doesn't turtle up. He doesn't flail his arms or retreat like Lesnar does. He kept moving forward. That's a really good sign in relation to his toughness.

Why are you talking about Lesnar? He said he's tougher than James Toney. A pro boxer with 86 fights that has never been knocked out is way tougher than CM Punk.

Why did he do that? He is in the crowd occupying that fan's space. I would have overhand right KO'd that lando if he hit me with that weak slap without squaring up.

If you watch it enough times, you can see it's the **** two rows back that slaps Punk in the head. Then he backfists the wrong guy. lol

Without going full keyboard warrior right now, yeah, I would've probably had to kick him down the those stairs, at the very least.

What does this mean? 

He had one pro fight before his UFC bout. Where does he get two belts from?

tumblr_ne2kvzBph61ry1rm7o2_250.gif

She actually knows what she's doing. Fast accurate and actually picture perfect in comparison to punks ''striking''. I like Punk he is an honest fun guy but he is an entertainer, no fighter.

You can see who is the better striker if not there's is something wrong with your eyes

Answer me, boy.

tumblr_ne2kvzBph61ry1rm7o2_250.gif

She actually knows what she's doing. Fast accurate and actually picture perfect in comparison to punks ''striking''. I like Punk he is an honest fun guy but he is an entertainer, no fighter.

You can see who is the better striker if not there's is something wrong with your eyes

Hitting pads isn't sparing.  

Pretty sure not a single person agrees with you.  

Archived