Brook vs Golovkin: Who Wins Poll

NangaParbatWinter16

Brook or Triple G  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Saturday Night Brook or Triple G

• The Special K Kell Brook
    • God Of War Triple G

My Opinion being that GGG is highly overrated for what he has actually accomplished as a pro leads me to believe this fight is far more evenly matched than the bookies GGG 1/6 Brooks 4/1 suggests and I will be having a punt on Kell.

GGG best wins are Wade (who) and Lemieux (beat no one), the way he has finished most of his opponents is very impressive but he has never face d a real test.

Brook on the other hand does own a signature win over Shawn Porter, (people have said Porter aint no GGG but again GGG is potentially brilliant he has never proven it vs the elite)

My tip would be Brook on points but IF GGG is really as good as they think I would still bet on Brook seeing the final bell so just backing the fight to go the distance is probably the best call

Canelo has GOT to be rated higher than GGG, Canelo is 47-1 and only lost to Floyd, he also has the signature wins that GGG doesn't.

Carl Frampton is 23-0 a 2 weight champion and has the signature wins that GGG does not.

Guys like Chocolatito Roman Gonzalez 45-0 with 38 knock outs or 29-0 Terence Crawford, Bud has beaten a few really good guys and at only 28 has just entered his prime, they are contenders but the number 1 boxer of this time has to be the winner of Kovalev vs Ward

I personally have Brook by late stoppage, GGG may struggle if he cannot get Brook out of there and I still think Brook has improvement left in him. I definitely cannot say that Triple G is not special I just do not think he has proven it. It irks me that GGG and his team complain about Canelo refusing to come up but he is not prepared to fight Kovalev or Ward up in weight

Triple has had a hard time getting any "great" boxers to get in the ring with him. I don't think he's overrated at all. Also, he had a great amateur background, so he's legit. I think he KO's Brook after methodically breaking him down, maybe around round 8 or 9.

CB dropping knowledge

+1

GGG wins easily.

GGG should be ranked way above Canelo. CANelo is a coward and a disgrace to his people. He gave up his belt and fled the very sight of GGG because he was so shook. He ducked GGG harder than anyone I've seen in a long time. Canelo is DQ'ed from every ranking in the world on principle for being a ****.

GGG does have high level opponent wins because everyone is terrified of him. NO ONE wants to fight him. Canelo ran away from him ffs. The only saving grace anyone has is that he isn't super young. Everyone will wait him out until he has a tough fought from father time, will *maybe* muster up the courage to challenge him, then if they win because he got old they'll tell everyone they're the baddest boxer ever, they would have fought GGG anytime, blah blah blah. It's ****ing ridiculous.

OP does not watch boxing if he seriously thinks GGG is overrated. He will eat this can alive

GGG is not overrated but Brook is no can. I think he actually takes GGG to a decision and even steals a few early rounds before getting worn down. **** Canelo.

GGG wins easily.

GGG should be ranked way above Canelo. CANelo is a coward and a disgrace to his people. He gave up his belt and fled the very sight of GGG because he was so shook. He ducked GGG harder than anyone I've seen in a long time. Canelo is DQ'ed from every ranking in the world on principle for being a ****.

GGG does have high level opponent wins because everyone is terrified of him. NO ONE wants to fight him. Canelo ran away from him ffs. The only saving grace anyone has is that he isn't super young. Everyone will wait him out until he has a tough fought from father time, will *maybe* muster up the courage to challenge him, then if they win because he got old they'll tell everyone they're the baddest boxer ever, they would have fought GGG anytime, blah blah blah. It's **** ridiculous.

That same argument applies to Tyson and Lennox Lewis!

GGG wins easily.

GGG does have high level opponent wins because everyone is terrified of him. NO ONE wants to fight him. Canelo ran away from him ffs. The only saving grace anyone has is that he isn't super young. Everyone will wait him out until he has a tough fought from father time, will *maybe* muster up the courage to challenge him, then if they win because he got old they'll tell everyone they're the baddest boxer ever, they would have fought GGG anytime, blah blah blah. It's **** ridiculous.

GSP did the same **** to Diaz

OP does not watch boxing if he seriously thinks GGG is overrated. He will eat this can alive

Why did GGG not fight Maravilla when he was at his best? Why is he not looking for a fight with Daniel Jacobs or Peter Quillin? Could it be because they do not match up with him favourably? Why did GGG never fight Bernard Hopkins who called him out on numerous occasions? GGG and his team were using Carl Froch as media fodder by calling him out even though he is at the very end of his career, Why not call him out when he was in his prime or even just before he fought Groves? Also if they can fight Froch they are using excuses for not fighting Ward or Kovalev

It's fake weight. He's never been this big. He won't be used to it. Gasses maybe.

he might have MORE in the tank as he hasnt had to cut to much weight.  he aint bulking up exactly, he is at a natural weight for the first time ever.  its how he handles the punches to be honest, we know he has a granite chin but he hasnt faced anybody with GG power

thats my opinion anyway and i aint ever right :P

he might have MORE in the tank as he hasnt had to cut to much weight. he aint bulking up exactly, he is at a natural weight for the first time ever. its how he handles the punches to be honest, we know he has a granite chin but he hasnt faced anybody with GG power

Gonna be a good fight

he might have MORE in the tank as he hasnt had to cut to much weight.  he aint bulking up exactly, he is at a natural weight for the first time ever.  its how he handles the punches to be honest, we know he has a granite chin but he hasnt faced anybody with GG power

Yeah Kell walks around at around 170 usually, He has said before it absolutely kills him getting down to WW

he might have MORE in the tank as he hasnt had to cut to much weight. he aint bulking up exactly, he is at a natural weight for the first time ever. its how he handles the punches to be honest, we know he has a granite chin but he hasnt faced anybody with GG power

That Carson Jones fight has left me with some doubts. He would've died if it was a 15 round fight like in CB's middle aged days

That Carson Jones fight has left me with some doubts. He would've died if it was a 15 round fight like in CB's middle aged days

lol erm.  pointless saying that as it has not been 15 rounds since the middle ages :D  might as well say Carson Jones could have KO'd him had he had more power :P

plus, weight cutting like he does saps energy.  he is a natural weight now, cardio shouldnt be an issue as he didnt look like he had bulked up earlier.  looks in perfect shape

Is this tomorrow night?

yes sir

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/gennady-golovkin-vs-kell-brook-fight-time-date-venue-tv-channel-undercard-and-more/

Rounds scheduled

12 three-minute rounds for Golovkin’s WBC and IBF middleweight titles. (The Kazakh’s WBA crown will not be on offer in this bout.)

TV coverage

Sky Sports Box Office broadcast in the UK, costing £16.95. Their programming begins at 6pm. HBO will televise in the USA at 5.30pm ET/PT.

Undercard highlights

There are two other world title fights on the bill. There is real needle between Lee Haskins and Stuey Hall, who have fought in the past. They now box for the Haskins’ IBF bantamweight title. Charlie Edwards, a mere eight bouts into his professional career, challenges IBF flyweight champion John Riel Casimero. Plus Martin Ward fights Andy Townend for the British super-featherweight title, Callum Smith, Conor Benn and more appear on the bill.

I really don't watch boxing anymore, how long does the undercard normally last? It would be cool to watch this and then switch over to the UFC main card but that starts at 9 pm here.

i honestly have no idea what HBO will show.  they may only show the 3 World Title fights.  best to check 

here, we get every single fight on the day, so its on for hours

i honestly have no idea what HBO will show.  they may only show the 3 World Title fights.  best to check 

here, we get every single fight on the day, so its on for hours

I will check, the start time is 4:30 for me so they would have 4.5 hours before the ufc main card. I would assume it's over by then.

Archived