American Whiskey

Yesmate

He's Scottish I believe so they have Johnnie Walker among others but considering we have some of the best selling whiskeys in the world I'm not sure what he's laughing at.

best selling doesnt equate to quality though... Johnnie Walker probably out sells all other scotches combined, yet its almost criminal to sell it as a beverage. Jim Beam, although also selling well isnt all that great either.

Holy hot garbage! You drink?

I haven't had a drink in like a year and a half, maybe even longer. I drank almost daily from the day I got back from Iraq (I turned 21 there) until I was 27. I eventually just outgrew it I guess. I think it was bartending that did it for me. Being around drunks all the time was annoying, and then eventually I got headaches a few times as soon as I started drinking and just stopped.

Towards the end I developed quite a taste for bourban and scotch, though. I bought like 5 bottles of Johnny Walker blue when I was bartending because I was making so much money and had no bills. That **** is like angel tears.

I'm not a teetotaler or anything, I just haven't felt the need to drink. I'm not usually at social occasions that call for it these days. 

I haven't had a drink in like a year and a half, maybe even longer. I drank almost daily from the day I got back from Iraq (I turned 21 there) until I was 27. I eventually just outgrew it I guess. I think it was bartending that did it for me. Being around drunks all the time was annoying, and then eventually I got headaches a few times as soon as I started drinking and just stopped.

Towards the end I developed quite a taste for bourban and scotch, though. I bought like 5 bottles of Johnny Walker blue when I was bartending because I was making so much money and had no bills. That **** is like angel tears.

I'm not a teetotaler or anything, I just haven't felt the need to drink. I'm not usually at social occasions that call for it these days.

Does your lady drink?

Tending bar most of my adult life, when people ask me "what's good," I die a little inside.  The entire thing is pretty much subjective, though "followers" have a tendency in really buying into what they have been told is "good."  Personally, I could never bring myself to give a ****.

I worked in a couple bars where whiskies were important and those that are in the know really seemed to like a couple that have already been posted in this thread; Blanton's and Buffalo Trace.  Those are the two.  Get him one of those.  Buffalo Trace, by the way, is very inexpensive.

• 4 weeks later...

Received my Blantons the other day and had some last night and yes mate it's good.

I had a few nips neat and it's got a good heat initially then the primo flavour of the barrel comes through followed by the nice warming in the chest!

The best reaction was by my mate tho,I gave him a mix with coke and his first sip he said"What is this?"that mofo was stunned!

Received my Blantons the other day and had some last night and yes mate it's good.

I had a few nips neat and it's got a good heat initially then the primo flavour of the barrel comes through followed by the nice warming in the chest!

The best reaction was by my mate tho,I gave him a mix with coke and his first sip he said"What is this?"that mofo was stunned!

blanton_s-original-single-barrel-bourbon

:)

Archived