Eddie Alvarez: 'I’m About to Tell the World There’s No Santa Claus’

fobar

Reports have surfaced that lightweight champ, Eddie Alvarez will be facing Featherweight champion, Conor McGregor at UFC 205 in New York, and he thinks that despite the hype that surrounds McGregor, he will be the victor.

"I feel like if this fight is signed and it happens, I feel like I'm about to tell the whole world that there's no Santa Claus," Alvarez said during an interview with MMAFighting.com. "And everybody is gonna be disappointed. There's no Santa Claus. He don't exist. It was a lie and I'm gonna steal the magic from everyone. The magic is gone, and I can't wait. It's gonna be a great time for me."

That's a pretty bold statement coming from a new champion, especially since McGregor is coming off a win at 170 pounds.

"I was impressed by like about seven minutes of it," Alvarez said of McGregor's last fight with Nate Diaz. "About the first seven minutes, and then it all looked really sloppy and didn't look of championship caliber to me. It didn't look like a guy who spent $300,000 on a training camp. I could have did that sh*t for $5, what just went on there. I think he could have spent a lot less and got a lot more."

Reports have surfaced that lightweight champ, Eddie Alvarez will be facing Featherweight champion, Conor McGregor at UFC 205 in New York, and he thinks that despite the hype that surrounds McGregor, he will be the victor.

"I feel like if this fight is signed and it happens, I feel like I'm about to tell the whole world that there's no Santa Claus," Alvarez said during an interview with MMAFighting.com. "And everybody is gonna be disappointed. There's no Santa Claus. He don't exist. It was a lie and I'm gonna steal the magic from everyone. The magic is gone, and I can't wait. It's gonna be a great time for me."

That's a pretty bold statement coming from a new champion, especially since McGregor is coming off a win at 170 pounds.

"I was impressed by like about seven minutes of it," Alvarez said of McGregor's last fight with Nate Diaz. "About the first seven minutes, and then it all looked really sloppy and didn't look of championship caliber to me. It didn't look like a guy who spent $300,000 on a training camp. I could have did that sh*t for $5, what just went on there. I think he could have spent a lot less and got a lot more."

tumblr_mzc19iCecK1qbuy5bo1_500.gif

Cerrone > Alvarez > McGoober.

Diaz>Cerrone>Alvarez>McRundit

MacDonald > Diaz > Cerrone > Alvarez > Ranbob > McGinger.

Lawler>MacD>Diaz>Cerrone>Alvarez>Ranbob>McSweeny>Canor

Santa Claus > UFC

Cerrone 2.0 > Lawler > Condit > Diaz > Alvarez > Ranbob > McSweeny > Wimmons LOLMMA > Touchbutt McRannor.

Salty **** mofos

Must be a McGinger fan.

guy_pointing_up.png

no ****.

c3a3185733ffc3c7a3b514e73a3f9fa2fa8b6d72

LMFAO!

I'm big fan but I think Conor should be forced to defend his belt, or get it stripped.  Not just becuase of the time, but becuase he's already had 2 fights out of the weight class, 3 would be tew far.  I think he has to defend, and then he can fight Alvarez.  I also think he wins any fight they give him next in 145 or 155.  

I'm big fan but I think Conor should be forced to defend his belt, or get it stripped.  Not just becuase of the time, but becuase he's already had 2 fights out of the weight class, 3 would be tew far.  I think he has to defend, and then he can fight Alvarez.  I also think he wins any fight they give him next in 145 or 155.  

Aldo fights once a year anyway.  He can wait until Eddie gets slumped.  After that Conor will likely hand him the belt and tell him to have fun on Can Pass.

Yes, a new champion, Alvarez doesn't even have a title defense yet....

Also, a win at 170 lbs against a 155 lbs fighter.

Seriously, who wrote this chit article, Cole?

Buahahaha

Basically what you are saying is that Conor will win until he loses ?!

Re read it.  I'm saying until his chin gives out (it hasn't yet)... or if he shows up with bad cardio like he did against Nate, he wins anything at 145 or 155.  He just hits too hard and too accurate for the guys smaller than him.  He'll knock about anybody out in the first round or two, even the guys who are good at takedowns have to stand up to start the round.  

Archived