Jump to content

Giuliani defends Trump idea to take Middle East oil: 'Anything is legal' in war


fobar

Recommended Posts

Giuliani has become one of Trump’s closest advisers and steadiest allies in a campaign shaken by controversy, turnover and the nominee’s own unpredictability. In an interview broadcast on Sunday he tried to explain how Trump’s call to “take the oil” of Iraq fit with the nominee’s past demands to “declare victory and leave” and reduce American intervention abroad.

 

“Leave a force back there, and take it, and make sure it’s distributed in a proper way,” Giuliani told ABC This Week host George Stephanopoulos.

 

“That’s not legal, is it?” the host asked.

 

“Of course it’s legal – it’s war,” Giuliani answered, laughing. “Until the war is over, anything is legal.”

 

Giuliani’s remarks follow a string of dismissals of international law by Trump, who last week suggested the US should have seized Iraqi oil deposits for its own profit.

 

“It used to be ‘to the victor belong the spoils’,” Trump said in a televised NBC forum. “Now, there was no victor there, believe me. There was no victor. But I always said: take the oil.”

 

The Republican nominee has also proposed killing the families of terror suspects and a return to torture. Those policies and “taking the oil” would likely violate the Geneva Convention, experts say.

 

Giuliani, a former prosecutor who won two terms as mayor on a platform of stopping crime, has said he does not believe waterboarding, a practice used by the CIA during the Bush administration, is necessarily torture. “It depends on how it’s done,” he said in 2007. “It depends on the circumstances. It depends on who does it.”

 

On Sunday, he argued that Trump was in fact not talking about “spoils” for the US with his demand for oil. “He hasn’t said we should take it for ourselves, necessarily,” he said. “We should secure it so it doesn’t get taken by terrorist forces so we can have some say over the distribution.”

 

 


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who cares, look at all that oil you get to take home.  logistics aside, its awesome 

Why can't we figure out how to run the world without oil? 

 

If there is a god he's got a weird sense of humor.  Put the vast majority of the worlds best commodity under the same land as people that are still living in the stone ages. 

 

The UAE are the only ones that seem to realize that their time will be up one day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why can't we figure out how to run the world without oil? 

 

If there is a god he's got a weird sense of humor.  Put the vast majority of the worlds best commodity under the same land as people that are still living in the stone ages. 

 

The UAE are the only ones that seem to realize that their time will be up one day

there are plenty of alternatives but they are all cheaper for the consumer ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do you have any evidence he won't?

 

Because there's already plenty of evidence for your savior Clinton that she won't...

my saviour? lololololol

 

dont be retarded and think everyone that asks a question or thinks that Trump would be the worst President is history is a Dem or loves Billary

 

you have NO evidence to support your assumption because not even Trump knows because he has no idea what anything means from one day to the next :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see nothing wrong with taking the oil and a little torture. 

 

They would do way worse to us if they had the chance.

 

We should cripple them by taking away their money pits.

A small percentage are the ones that want to do that. Most of the people just want to be left alone to love their lives peacefully.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A small percentage are the ones that want to do that. Most of the people just want to be left alone to love their lives peacefully.

 

They must take responsibility for their own people. If 10% of their population are bad apples the other 90% needs to stand up to them and stop them. There is a saying that is fitting here: If you bare witness to a crime and you stand by and do nothing, you are no better than the criminals themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They must take responsibility for their own people. If 10% of their population are bad apples the other 90% needs to stand up to them and stop them. There is a saying that is fitting here: If you bare witness to a crime and you stand by and do nothing, you are no better than the criminals themselves.

So a small percentage of our people feel that you can just invade countries and steal their resources. If we do that then we are no better than they are. Therefore it's perfectly ok for someone to do it to us.

 

EDIT: Also a portion of our country feels the same way as those extremists, most just don't act upon it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They must take responsibility for their own people. If 10% of their population are bad apples the other 90% needs to stand up to them and stop them. There is a saying that is fitting here: If you bare witness to a crime and you stand by and do nothing, you are no better than the criminals themselves.

 

This is exactly what got us into Viet Nam among others

 

We were helping the people there stand up for themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So a small percentage of our people feel that you can just invade countries and steal their resources. If we do that then we are no better than they are. Therefore it's perfectly ok for someone to do it to us.

 

EDIT: Also a portion of our country feels the same way as those extremists, most just don't act upon it.

 

Juice rockin the logic in this thread

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So a small percentage of our people feel that you can just invade countries and steal their resources. If we do that then we are no better than they are. Therefore it's perfectly ok for someone to do it to us.

 

EDIT: Also a portion of our country feels the same way as those extremists, most just don't act upon it.

 

You are talking about "feelings" compared to radical extremists who enact their violent will upon innocent citizens by mass murder.

 

Take a step back and literally punch yourself in the face.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is only the law and order of this country that keeps our 10% half under control

 

You just proved my point. The 90% keeps the 10% in check in America or other refined countries.

 

The Muslims... The 10% do what they please, they follow no law and order. The 90% turn a blind eye and do nothing about it,  thus they are just as bad as the terrorists themselves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cole, you really need to stop talking about things you clearly dont understand.  its great to be passionate and have feelings for a subject but you are wrong if you agree with anything these **** tards have said 

 

Taking the oil fields to keep them out if terrorist hands is wrong? Explain why?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are we not talking about this: “Leave a force back there, and take it, and make sure it’s distributed in a proper way,” Giuliani told ABC This Week host George Stephanopoulos.

“It used to be ‘to the victor belong the spoils’,” Trump said in a televised NBC forum. “Now, there was no victor there, believe me. There was no victor. But I always said: take the oil.

 

they actually think it is ok to TAKE the oil for themselves to profit from.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do some research please.

 

If these desert savages did anything they would shut that **** down. You don't have terror groups based out of first world countries for a reason, cause the majority would shut that **** down at once.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If these desert savages did anything they would shut that **** down. You don't have terror groups based out of first world countries for a reason, cause the majority would shut that **** down at once.

So why haven't we shut down all of the gangs that have killed thousands a year for literally decades? Why haven't we shut down gun and drug trafficking?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So why haven't we shut down all of the gangs that have killed thousands a year for literally decades? Why haven't we shut down gun and drug trafficking?

 

They also have that stuff. It's normal day to day ****.

 

Going around targeting innocent people in malls and **** is some nazi stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

100% of Cole is a moron

 

I bodied you soft idiots. No one's been able to refute why the Muslims won't stop their own people from forcing their "justice" onto innocent civilians.

 

They are too blame just as much as the terrorist groups, because they turn a collective blind eye to them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...