Albert Morales vs. Alejandro Perez

Roan Carneiro vs. Kenny Robertson

Islam Makhachev vs. Chris Wade

Main Card (FOX Sports 1 - 8:00p ET)

Gabriel Benitez vs. Sam Sicilia

Augusto Montano vs. Belal Muhammad

Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Leonardo Augusto Leleco

Joey Gomez vs. Jose Quinonez

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass - 7:00p ET)

Randy Brown vs. Erick Montano

Maximo Blanco vs. Chas Skelly

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's in a town of 15,000 people. lol

Why the hell do they do that?  Why have it there, instead of Amarillo, Dallas, El Paso, Austin, Houston, Ft. Worth, San Antonio, etc?  I mean if you're bound and determined to do Texas, why not choose a city with half a million people in it and not have any problems selling tickets?

what am I missing here?

Why the hell do they do that?  Why have it there, instead of Amarillo, Dallas, El Paso, Austin, Houston, Ft. Worth, San Antonio, etc?  I mean if you're bound and determined to do Texas, why not choose a city with half a million people in it and not have any problems selling tickets?

what am I missing here?

miles-of-beach31-1136x450.jpg

Corpus Christi's beach on the Gulf of Mexico, which is about two hours away.

The surrounding cities makeup for hidalgo's low population, Wikipedia has the metropolitan census around 750,000.  I think the Real issue is the lack of name recognition on this card. I myself am not super pump about this fight card and I got front row seats but I love MMA sport and the UFC brand and its only a 3 1/2 hour drive and gives me an excuse to take a three day weekend.

The surrounding cities makeup for hidalgo's low population, Wikipedia has the metropolitan census around 750,000. I think the Real issue is the lack of name recognition on this card. I myself am not super pump about this fight card and I got front row seats but I love MMA sport and the UFC brand and its only a 3 1/2 hour drive and gives me an excuse to take a three day weekend.

Enjoy the show homie !!!

The surrounding cities makeup for hidalgo's low population, Wikipedia has the metropolitan census around 750,000.  

LEL.. WUT?

McAllen has 136k. Edinburgh has 80k. Weslaco has 37k. = 268k including Hidalgo. Edinburgh and Weslaco are over half an hour away. Not to mention it is by no means cheap to fly in to any one of those places.

I hope you're not including Mexico in that 750k population. lol.. I wouldn't advise anybody to venture across the border anywhere around there. You probably won't be coming back.

Also, this is a relatively good card. I don't know what people are ****ing about on this one. There are plenty of legitimate fighters. This ain't a Canadian Fight Night.

I would think just the fact that "the one that shall not be named" is attending this event VIP would fill the building.... or maybe that's why nobody is going?....

The card was meant for all the RGV d ok nt forget South Padre island, Harlingen, Raymondville, San Benito and of course Brownsville with those cities it's another 300,000 population. I'm from brownsville about an hour away and I bought 8 tickets. It's just a lack of mma supporters down here its barely gaining momentum down here.

How are the ticket sales looking the day before this?

Literally every section on the map is still available. lol

Damn near the entire fourth row on the floor is still open. For $155 a pop, you'd think they would have sold more of these tickets. Especially if we're rounding wayyy up and saying there's 800k people in the metropolitan area.

Went to high school with Rick Glenn. I expect him to get diggled, especially moving up in weight and on short notice but his only loss in his last 15 fights was to Palmer for the WSOF title and Glenns sister passed from cancer a couple weeks before the fight. Then dudes dad died in a car accident a few months later. Just hope he doesn't get diggled tew bad.

Went to high school with Rick Glenn. I expect him to get diggled, especially moving up in weight and on short notice but his only loss in his last 15 fights was to Palmer for the WSOF title and Glenns sister passed from cancer a couple weeks before the fight. Then dudes dad died in a car accident a few months later. Just hope he doesn't get diggled tew bad.

No friggin' way. Rick Glenn is a gangster. Evan Dunham is overrated.

No friggin' way. Rick Glenn is a gangster. Evan Dunham is overrated.

I don't think anybody overrates Dunham tbh. He's coming off wins over Lauzon and Pearson and has been robbed more than anybody in the UFC against Dos Anjos, TJ Grant, and Sean Sherk. He only loses fights he's oversized in and Glenn is moving up in weight. While Glenn is coming off a split decision over a Randy where he gassed out. He'll gas on short notice and get subbed in the 3rd round imo. Ur a GOAT for being a Glenn fan tho.

Archived