Domick Cruz vs. Conor Mcgregor

Megasoup

I'd like to see him move up.  If he puts on ten pounds of muscle, maybe he'll start finishing guys.  Heck, maybe he'll be a heartier, healthier guy who isn't injured all the time.  I guarantee he would beat the living daylights out of 'ole Whiskers McScrawny.

A 31 yr old cardio machine ectomorph who isn't a vegan/vegetarian switching over to meat and nearly 40 in fight yrs putting on 10 lbs of muscle post USADA? Seem legit. 

On a serious note although suddenly packing on muscle may very well make him less injury prone due to stronger tendons the inevitable change of fighting style i believe he'd be worse not better. He'd be slower, get hit more and not have as much cardio and against guys who are naturally bigger, stronger have better chins and hit harder than what he's used to facing. 

A 31 yr old cardio machine ectomorph who isn't a vegan/vegetarian switching over to meat and nearly 40 in fight yrs putting on 10 lbs of muscle post USADA? Seem legit. 

On a serious note although suddenly packing on muscle may very well make him less injury prone due to stronger tendons the inevitable change of fighting style i believe he'd be worse not better. He'd be slower, get hit more and not have as much cardio and against guys who are naturally bigger, stronger have better chins and hit harder than what he's used to facing. 

Translation:  Conor would take his head CLEAN OFF.

10 pounds ain't a whole lot, though.  Easy to put on, easy to walk around with.  And that extra size will make a man noticeably bigger and stronger.

I don't know what you mean by this "inevitable change of fighting style."  A jab, a straight and a hook doesn't change, no matter the size of the fighter.  Wrestling is the wrestling.  Jujitsu is jujitsu.  A 145 pound fighter is hardly much different than a 135 pound fighter, other than a nearly imperceptibly different pace, and that is absolutely subjective to each individual fighter.  

10 pounds ain't a whole lot, though.  Easy to put on, easy to walk around with.  And that extra size will make a man noticeably bigger and stronger.

I don't know what you mean by this "inevitable change of fighting style."  A jab, a straight and a hook doesn't change, no matter the size of the fighter.  Wrestling is the wrestling.  Jujitsu is jujitsu.  A 145 pound fighter is hardly much different than a 135 pound fighter, other than a nearly imperceptibly different pace, and that is absolutely subjective to each individual fighter.  

He's not a big guy and he's an ectomorph cardio athlete. 10 lbs of added muscle is significant for these lighter fighters. 

What i mean by inevitable change is sure a punch is a punch and jitz is jitz but because of the added mass and having his body adjust to that and tailoring his game accordingly for different opponents i.e. heavier hitters, stronger more explosive guys with better chins his style will definitely change some and you don't just have a certain modality your whole life and suddenly adjust over night. His style is very ingrained. This is an extreme example but it would be like asking Tyson to change into Mayweather suddenly. Or Mayweather to put on 10 lbs and adopt a peek-a-boo style. 

That's a lie.

Truth is Conor can compete with the best at 155.  Dom would get creampied at 145.  He wouldn't have the power to do anything and his TDs would get stuffed.

Time will tell if that's true. I'm not convinced Conor can compete with the best 155 has to offer. I'm confident Cruz would dominate 145'ers. Not by suddenly putting on 10 lbs of muscle like Soup suggest but as he gets older and naturally grows into that weight i think he'll be champion there barring another series of injuries and possibly retiring early. 

The difference is Dom is a mixed martial artist skilled in all areas. Conor is also smart & a tactician like Dom but he is pretty one dimensional and it's going to be a problem with these bigger fighters. 

He's not a big guy and he's an ectomorph cardio athlete. 10 lbs of added muscle is significant for these lighter fighters. 

What i mean by inevitable change is sure a punch is a punch and jitz is jitz but because of the added mass and having his body adjust to that and tailoring his game accordingly for different opponents i.e. heavier hitters, stronger more explosive guys with better chins his style will definitely change some and you don't just have a certain modality your whole life and suddenly adjust over night. His style is very ingrained. This is an extreme example but it would be like asking Tyson to change into Mayweather suddenly. Or Mayweather to put on 10 lbs and adopt a peek-a-boo style. 

Nah, you can't do a Tyson and Mayweather comparison because that's not a 10 pound difference, it's a like a 80 pound difference.  I could concede to there being a huge dissimilarity in the approach to a fight with an extra 80 pounds and that it would have a profound effect on an athlete.  

The point I was trying to make is that a mere 10 pound weight gain won't change much and would probably make him a better, more solid athlete.  10 isn't 80.  It's never been 80.  You can't make it 80.  

Time will tell if that's true. I'm not convinced Conor can compete with the best 155 has to offer. I'm confident Cruz would dominate 145'ers. Not by suddenly putting on 10 lbs of muscle like Soup suggest but as he gets older and naturally grows into that weight i think he'll be champion there barring another series of injuries and possibly retiring early. 

The difference is Dom is a mixed martial artist skilled in all areas. Conor is also smart & a tactician like Dom but he is pretty one dimensional and it's going to be a problem with these bigger fighters. 

He's not one dimensional... Jesus anyone that thinks Cruz could dance around McGregor without getting hit is completely delusional.  He would get cornered and he would eat some shots.

It wouldn't even be a good fight.  I like Dom but he better keep his **** down at 135 and worry about 3 heavy hitters in that division.

Nah, you can't do a Tyson and Mayweather comparison because that's not a 10 pound difference, it's a like a 80 pound difference.  I could concede to there being a huge dissimilarity in the approach to a fight with an extra 80 pounds and that it would have a profound effect on an athlete.  

The point I was trying to make is that a mere 10 pound weight gain won't change much and would probably make him a better, more solid athlete.  10 isn't 80.  It's never been 80.  You can't make it 80.  

You're drunk.  Go to bed.

Archived