Is Chris Weidman the most overrated fighter in UFC history?

cashfl0w

I got to looking at his record, and I realized a few things.

102556.jpg

Literally every guy he's beaten in the UFC (that's still at MW) - aside from the absolute murderer that is Tom Lawlor - either has a losing record, or is .500, post-Weidman. 

Alessio Sakara - 0-3 with the UFC post-Weidman
Jesse Bongfeldt - Cut from the UFC post-Weidman fight
Tom Lawlor - 3-2 (one win over anyone with a victory in the UFC)
Mark Munoz - 2-3 post-Weidman (one win over a current UFC fighter, Tim Boestch - 3-6 in his last nine fights)
Anderson Silva - 0-3 1 NC after losing to Weidman the first time
Lyoto Machida - 1-2 post-Weidman (lone win over the animal that is CB Dolloway)
Vitor Belfort - 1-1 (lone win over a guy that's 3-6 in his last nine)

^^As you can see, he hasn't exactly faced as great of competition as we're led to believe. All of those guys are either cans or over the hill. Combined they are an astonishing 7-14 post-Weidman. Monsters!

Unsurprisingly, Weidman has managed to line up his next fight against a 39 year old, who just got popped for steroids. lol.. I would've never seen that coming!

Lol stay mad.

Weidman ends people's careers with the beatdowns he bestows upon people.

Hell even Flukehold nearly retired just now to go to modeling the very second he found out a healthy Weidman was coming back for the MSG card. Then the very next day signs a fight with Jacare on an Australian fight night card. Yeah I'm sure the money was better for that one Mr. Fluke. LMFAO

102556.jpg

Literally every guy he's beaten in the UFC (that's still at MW) - aside from the absolute murderer that is Tom Lawlor - either has a losing record, or is .500, post-Weidman. 

Mark Munoz - 2-3 post-Weidman (one win over a current UFC fighter, Tim Boestch - 3-6 in his last nine fights)

^^As you can see, he hasn't exactly faced as great of competition as we're led to believe. All of those guys are either cans or over the hill. Combined they are an astonishing 7-14 post-Weidman. Monsters!

Unsurprisingly, Weidman has managed to line up his next fight against a 39 year old, who just got popped for steroids. lol.. I would've never seen that coming!

the one thing in common is that they all got destroyed by weidman, so you could say that he might be responsible for knocking the careers out of these guys.

yeah when you knock anderson silva the **** out and smash his shins in half, let us know bud. he'd be 80 and crippled and still capable of dropping you with a 1-2

I'm way bigger than Chris Weidman, and have thrown hands with guys bigger than Anderson. I'd knock that idiot the **** out in 30 seconds.

dont ever talk about The great Chris like this again mate

He murdered every single of his last opponents and was winning the luke fight until that stupid kick

You didn't watch that fight, huh? lol

He nearly died in the third round. He was down minimally 29-27 on the scorecards, and considering he got stopped in the fourth, I think it's safe to say he wasn't winning that round either.

He nearly died in the third round. He was down minimally 29-27 on the scorecards, and considering he got stopped in the fourth, I think it's safe to say he wasn't winning that round either.

These dummies don't realize that Chris lost the first round on the scorecards lol

lol man? Chris clearly won the first and second round and the 3rd was pretty tight until the spinning kick

102556.jpg

You conveniently left out maia

102556.jpg

Could it be that Weidman has broken those fighters and that is why they go on losing runs?

Seriously though I do not think he is a can but he does get too much credit for beating Anderson when it was clear Anderson had lost the battle with father time

102556.jpg

If anything, you're making Weidman look good. Your stats make it look like Weidman broke them. Put up Silvas record before Weidman, Belforts before Weidman, Machidas before Weidman.

You conveniently left out maia

But you conveniently put Lawlor on there because his record is ****. Doesn't matter, pettis was the most overrated ever.

If anything, you're making Weidman look good. Your stats make it look like Weidman broke them. Put up Silvas record before Weidman, Belforts before Weidman, Machidas before Weidman.

1284940399717-dumpfm-pizzadog-salt_shake

Bart_Simpson_200px.png

This is the dumbest logic I think I have ever heard. 

Yeah, Weidman going for takedowns is what made them decline, not the fact that they are FORTY and USADA is now being implemented. 

No, McGregor is, has literally beaten nobodies except for his flash against Aldo and his lay n pray on Blessed.

Couldn't even beat a gatekeeper lightweight

So what you're saying is... He hasn't beaten anybody. Except knocking out the greatest featherweight of all time in 13 seconds and beating a guy on a current 8 fight win streak with a blown acl?

Don't forget smashing Poirier either.

Archived