Report: Ronda Rousey vs Amanda Nunes at UFC 207?

BarbaricBob

She couldn't handle the first loss, What would 2 humiliations in a row do to Ronda? I doubt this news cause there's been zero input from Ronda for a long time now about returning.

Nunes is a can with no gas tank.

Let's not act like she's something because Taint laid down for her in the 1st round.  She sucks and lost a decision for her title shot.  She's a one round fighter and her aggression plays right into getting thrown on her head.

So, she gets bodied by Holm, Tate beats Holm, Nunes beats Tate and the logical fight is Rousey who has done nothing in the octagon since she got KTFO?

I´m thinking she (Rousey) should at least beat one top-fiver before going for the belt... I´m a fan of Rhonda, but this is ****ed up...

Schevchenko should get another shot at Nunes imho...

Only 2 reasons she would return, money (isn't she rich as **** now?) & cause she wants to get back in there & take the title back (she had a mental breakdown & hasn't trained since or made any statements about her MMA future) Theres more chance of CM Punk returning for a second helping of brain damage.

I wouldnt be the least surprised Ronda comes back against Amanda (not necessarily this year).

I still think Amanda would beat Ronda (especially the broken Ronda) but the bottom line is that Amanda would be the one opponent that Ronda would have a bigger chance.

Schevencko will literally destroy Ronda in case Ronda is the champ by the time she gets her title shot.

Only 2 reasons she would return, money (isn't she rich as **** now?) & cause she wants to get back in there & take the title back (she had a mental breakdown & hasn't trained since or made any statements about her MMA future) Theres more chance of CM Punk returning for a second helping of brain damage.

Depends on what you call rich. She has a reported net worth of 12 million. That doesn't mean she has 12 million cash though and at 29 years old you could easily end up broke. As her fame dwindles so will her pay checks.

It's hard to tell. Ronda has all the skills to be champ again, especially in that division. If she left Glendale Fantasyland Club and went to a real gym, I think she could return and dominate once more. Of she needs to get her head right - a task much easier said than done.

Seriously, cut ties with Edmond. Go to another camp - you don't even have to leave southern CA. Alliance MMA, Ultimate Fitness (Team Alpha Male), Kings MMA, AKA, or even Cesar Gracie JJ. Either that or have your career go the way Travis Browne's has been.

Ellenberger knew he had to cut and run from Glendale or else he'd be done. He almost was, but a little bit of begging led to a finish over Matt Brown and some job security.

It's hard to tell. Ronda has all the skills to be champ again, especially in that division. If she left Glendale Fantasyland Club and went to a real gym, I think she could return and dominate once more. Of she needs to get her head right - a task much easier said than done.

Seriously, cut ties with Edmond. Go to another camp - you don't even have to leave southern CA. Alliance MMA, Ultimate Fitness (Team Alpha Male), Kings MMA, AKA, or even Cesar Gracie JJ. Either that or have your career go the way Travis Browne's has been.

Ellenberger knew he had to cut and run from Glendale or else he'd be done. He almost was, but a little bit of begging led to a finish over Matt Brown and some job security.

I agree with this. If Cordeiro can turn RDA and Werdum into world beaters, surely he can help Ronda.

I think all of this could go many ways.  

First I think Ronda beats Amanda Nunes any day of the week, no problems.  Hell Miesha Tate SHOULD have beat Nunes but showed up with her head somewhere else and got murdered.  

I also think Ronda was dominant enough that she deserves whatever fight she wants.  She got destroyed by Holm, but before that beat what 7 cans in a row?  That pretty much gives her the right to pick and choose whatever fight she wants, she's the greatest fighter in wimmens mma history.  (not a very high bar)

I think Ronda is forever compromised, though.  She's crazy enough that her losing to Holm in such an embarassing fashion will completely destroy her confidence.  her Judo is strong enough to beat any woman in MMA, but now that she's been knocked out, she'll never have the ferocity to do what she's capable of doing against a worthy opponent.

So, with all that said, I think Ronda potentially could lose to Miesha Tate.  I think she likely would lose to Cyborg, and would probably lose again to Holm.  

Pre-Holm Ronda would have beat anybody in the world, then Holly stole her soul.  I don't even give Holly the credit for it, Holly's over rated, she's a solid fighter but Ronda was much more savage, she showed up for that fight with her head up her **** like Miesha did against Nunes.  

100%.  I don't blame Edmond, though, I blame Ronda for sticking with him (if she does... and she will).  You can't really blame her for sticking with him since she was winning everything, but now that it's clearly been demonstrated he's not worth a damn, if she sticks with him she'll never be the beast she can be.  

I think all of this could go many ways.  

First I think Ronda beats Amanda Nunes any day of the week, no problems.  Hell Miesha Tate SHOULD have beat Nunes but showed up with her head somewhere else and got murdered.  

I also think Ronda was dominant enough that she deserves whatever fight she wants.  She got destroyed by Holm, but before that beat what 7 cans in a row?  That pretty much gives her the right to pick and choose whatever fight she wants, she's the greatest fighter in wimmens mma history.  (not a very high bar)

I think Ronda is forever compromised, though.  She's crazy enough that her losing to Holm in such an embarassing fashion will completely destroy her confidence.  her Judo is strong enough to beat any woman in MMA, but now that she's been knocked out, she'll never have the ferocity to do what she's capable of doing against a worthy opponent.

So, with all that said, I think Ronda potentially could lose to Miesha Tate.  I think she likely would lose to Cyborg, and would probably lose again to Holm.  

Pre-Holm Ronda would have beat anybody in the world, then Holly stole her soul.  I don't even give Holly the credit for it, Holly's over rated, she's a solid fighter but Ronda was much more savage, she showed up for that fight with her head up her **** like Miesha did against Nunes.  

Nice post, mate ... until BOLD ...

Cant you for once acknowledge  that Holm and Amanda were bad matchups for Ronda and Tate and that got nothing to do with "how they showed" for the fight ?

Ronda was the same Ronda as always but she got out stroke by a better striker and Tate got completely outclassed and out powered by Amanda who displayed some sharp hands. Simple as that.

Cant you for once acknowledge that Holm and Amanda were bad matchups for Ronda and Tate and that got nothing to do with "how they showed" for the fight ?

Ronda was the same Ronda as always but she got out stroke by a better striker and Tate got completely outclassed and out powered by Amanda who displayed some sharp hands. Simple as that.

I'm not going argue the whole outstruck.better striker thing you're right about that but Ronda wasn't right in that fight or before it. You could see at the weight ins and during the introduction that something we off.

I'm not going argue the whole outstruck.better striker thing you're right about that but Ronda wasn't right in that fight or before it. You could see at the weight ins and during the introduction that something we off.

I see your point me. Good point but here is my question: if something was "so off" why she got so traumatized after that defeat ? Dont you think that she would know that she was not herself therefore she would want the rematch asap ?

Look at Conor for example: he felt as if he did something wrong in the first fight with Nate so he knew he would win the rematch and wanted to fight Nate no matter what.

I dont know. Maybe Im wrong.

I see your point me. Good point but here is my question: if something was "so off" why she got so traumatized after that defeat ? Dont you think that she would know that she was not herself therefore she would want the rematch asap ?

Look at Conor for example: he felt as if he did something wrong in the first fight with Nate so he knew he would win the rematch and wanted to fight Nate no matter what.

I dont know. Maybe Im wrong.

different people different reactions. Conor is ego personified all bravado.

Rousey was chip on her shoulder me against the world there is no one better then me **** all dem ****es.

Conor is built for that type of come back

Nunes kinda sucks.  Her aggression will get her tossed and submitted.  I doubt her lack of cardio is even a factor.  Pena would beat Nunes and should be the one getting the shot.

It looked like Taint just didn't even show up for their fight at 200.  

Honda literally knows 1 move, there's a little more to jew jitsu than that. Nunes is better on the ground and has a judo background as well. All moot since Honda will get slept inside of 2 minutes, it's not as if she isn't aggressive too, and those hands....

One shot from nunes to any bw head ends it, hondas a beast no doubt, but nunes has more hand power than holly or anyone other 135er in wmma has in their hands or feet.

Holly beats honda nearly every time, been saying it since 2011, tate beats honda i. Third fight even if holm never stole her soul.

Shevchenko is the striking equivalent of hondas judo, but bullet has good tdd but not enough to win and hold title.

None of it matters if cyborg gets to 135, then they all die

Cyborg makes 135 wins title and spends remainder of career cleaning out division, stuck at 135 defending title after they change rules because of canor holding title but fighting in other division.

When this occurs, honda moves up to new 155 class and has no fear of cyborg the 135 champ under new rules,cyborg gets peeved vacates belt moves up to challenge honda at pigfarm weigjtclass of 155 and gets submitted by a smarter younger honda and cyborg retires then comes out and fights fedor in Brasilia for rizin

Cant you for once acknowledge  that Holm and Amanda were bad matchups for Ronda and Tate and that got nothing to do with "how they showed" for the fight ?

Ronda was the same Ronda as always but she got out stroke by a better striker and Tate got completely outclassed and out powered by Amanda who displayed some sharp hands. Simple 

Holm looked like **** in every fight before, and every fight after she beat Ronda.  Ronda looked great in every fight before Holm.  

It's clear to anybody with a brain that Holly had a good night, Ronda had a horrible night.  

Like I said though, now that she's lost Ronda will never be the same, 90% of her game was Mental like Conor's is.  

The reason Conor was able to come back was because all of his trash talk, etc. is a result of him being irish.  Most Irish people talk like that.  He has the talent to back it up, but when he loses he's able to take the defeat and come back.  Also worth noting that he'd already been beat what twice when he first started?  He'd already gotten over the hurt feelings.

Ronda on the other hand got beat at her prime, at her best.  Much more devastating, she thought she was going to retire undefeated.  Conor got over that idea 5 years ago, Ronda still hung onto it.  

Archived