Bubba_Sparks

BigDaddyDelta's Official Clash of Clans Thread

1 hour ago, TUF said:

That's actually pretty interesting. Nice finish in CWL by the way. Lot of moving parts in that attack. I need to switch up army comps for next CWL. Have finished in the top 7/15 the last 3 CWLs but only because our clan was in shambles this CWL. The 3 stars are coming in fewer these days. 

Thanks! Yeah, you've been very consistent. I was 13th and 14th last two cwls but managed to pinch top spot this time much to my surprise.

Decided to use the same attack all week in both cwl and legends. Definitely helped I think. That attack is a lot simpler than regular hybrid. If you hit the right base, you basically take out the enemy cc plus a scatter and maybe even enemy queen with 8 spells (zap plus quake). You can easily burn a good 6 spells trying to do the same with regular hybrid, plus there's loads more risk and it takes a lot longer. 

Once you've done that and started your main attack, all you really need to worry about is when to heal, when to freeze and when to use the warden ability. Feels a lot more mellow than regular hybrid. 

Will post some defensive analysis soon. That's our biggest issue atm.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Thanks! Yeah, you've been very consistent. I was 13th and 14th last two cwls but managed to pinch top spot this time much to my surprise.

Decided to use the same attack all week in both cwl and legends. Definitely helped I think. That attack is a lot simpler than regular hybrid. If you hit the right base, you basically take out the enemy cc plus a scatter and maybe even enemy queen with 8 spells (zap plus quake). You can easily burn a good 6 spells trying to do the same with regular hybrid, plus there's loads more risk and it takes a lot longer. 

Once you've done that and started your main attack, all you really need to worry about is when to heal, when to freeze and when to use the warden ability. Feels a lot more mellow than regular hybrid. 

Will post some defensive analysis soon. That's our biggest issue atm.

Ive been curious about this but too lazy to do the maf. Giving up 38 stars to the same clan that was hitting 31-32 every other round is pretty telling though. Was an off CWL on both sides but need to pay the google machine a visit for some better tested bases. 

Edited by TUF

How far back is Mo going with these new videos where I had black to black 3 stars in war lol

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TUF said:

How far back is Mo going with these new videos where I had black to black 3 stars in war lol

Ha, he sent me an apologetic note the other week because someone started war before he'd recorded all the CWL 3 stars for this month's YT video.  I had two of the beggars!

• Like 1

@crangs...have you fully retired?

'cos you're back in cwl in the feeder...we scored 87 stars in the first round, but tougher challenges await.

@TUF, one swallow doesn't make a summer, but wondering if your eagle/scatters being so close is a bit of a gimme?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

@crangs...have you fully retired?

'cos you're back in cwl in the feeder...we scored 87 stars in the first round, but tougher challenges await.

@TUF, one swallow doesn't make a summer, but wondering if your eagle/scatters being so close is a bit of a gimme?

bruh, do people not hespect the status??? 😂 I can probably hop back on if I have to

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, crangs said:

bruh, do people not hespect the status??? 😂 I can probably hop back on if I have to

Lol, not in cwl mate. You have to personally request benching to stay out. 

It's 3 minutes per day. See if you can squeeze it in. 

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol, not in cwl mate. You have to personally request benching to stay out. 

It's 3 minutes per day. See if you can squeeze it in. 

I'll jump on after work then.  I'll be bringing the biggest and the best in 1 star attacks with me

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, crangs said:

I'll jump on after work then.  I'll be bringing the biggest and the best in 1 star attacks with me

Will fit nicely with ek.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 9:15 AM, Bubba_Sparks said:

Will fit nicely with ek.

How is the B team fairing. I really wasn't trying to be smart with that "nice finish" comment. I thought we needed 2 or 3 stars to win for some reason so when I saw the win, I just assumed you got either a 2 or 3. I need to mix up my army. The base this round was best case scenario for e dragons and didn't even sniff 3 stars. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TUF said:

How is the B team fairing. I really wasn't trying to be smart with that "nice finish" comment. I thought we needed 2 or 3 stars to win for some reason so when I saw the win, I just assumed you got either a 2 or 3. I need to mix up my army. The base this round was best case scenario for e dragons and didn't even sniff 3 stars. 

Lol, no worries mate, I realised it was a miscommunication very quickly. This CWL has been kind of irritating for me; been raining triples in Legends and FC's, then keep messing up in CWL.  No comment regarding e dragons...

B team are the ultimate flat track bullies. We beat one team 87-20 (would have been 90 but there was a notable no show who shall remain nameless).  Then we landed a string of 1 stars against an opponent who was noticeably weaker than us and lost.  A lot of squiggles just spam L2 e dragons and hope. We'll finish 2nd or 3rd.

4 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

B team are the ultimate flat track bullies. We beat one team 87-20 (would have been 90 but there was a notable no show who shall remain nameless).  

i feel like when Jordan came back to the NBA.  Not the Jordan that came back to the bulls though.  The Jordan that came back to the ****ty wizards

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Egypt army and unfilled requests.  Name a more iconic duo...

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2020 at 10:48 AM, crangs said:

Egypt army and unfilled requests.  Name a more iconic duo...

Chewie and 1 star attacks?

I've invited you back in case today's update is enough to lure you back to active duty. 100 new wall pieces to upgrade!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chewie and 1 star attacks?

I've invited you back in case today's update is enough to lure you back to active duty. 100 new wall pieces to upgrade!

I took it as an opportunity not to be added in next cwl.  Mo won't risk putting me in with sparta and cant get me in Egypt Arseholes if I'm not in it

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-ro

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember TheSinisterAlan use to play Boom Beach. Anybody given it a try. I just tried Clash Royale for the first time and couldn't see the appeal and I'm a Stan of turn based attack games like Final Fantasy. Not real imprezzed by the new update so far so might give Boom Beach a go. 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 10:18 PM, TUF said:

I remember TheSinisterAlan use to play Boom Beach. Anybody given it a try. I just tried Clash Royale for the first time and couldn't see the appeal and I'm a Stan of turn based attack games like Final Fantasy. Not real imprezzed by the new update so far so might give Boom Beach a go. 

I'm a one game man I'm afraid.

I'm quite enjoying the new update. Nice to have an easy attacking boost. It's been raining 3 stars for me since the update. Guess that will slow down as a bunch of maxed teslas and archer towers appear, but for now it's all good fun.

Word on the street is that super minions are way better than super valks. Looking forward to taking them for a spin on the weekend.

• Like 1

I'm a one game man I'm afraid.

I'm quite enjoying the new update. Nice to have an easy attacking boost. It's been raining 3 stars for me since the update. Guess that will slow down as a bunch of maxed teslas and archer towers appear, but for now it's all good fun.

Word on the street is that super minions are way better than super valks. Looking forward to taking them for a spin on the weekend.

Yea, im not moving on by any means. Just these new updates only last about a week before maxed again in the hammer, book, medals era. Update was a nice shake up but just read Darian say TH14 likely isnt dropping till the end of next year 😬 so 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, TUF said:

Yea, im not moving on by any means. Just these new updates only last about a week before maxed again in the hammer, book, medals era. Update was a nice shake up but just read Darian say TH14 likely isnt dropping till the end of next year 😬 so 

Yikes.  I wonder if they'll play around with super troops a bit more, and allow more than one.  Sucks a bit that there was not much to spend DE on.  Feels like super troops have distracted them from producing new regular troops.

The afternoon nerf is definitely a thing.  149 trophies from 4 hits in the morning.  Followed up by a measly 1 star 12 trophies hit.

Not sure it's a troop nerf, or a brain nerf.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Genuinely chuffed we finally cracked the 7 war win streak. It was a big thing in the early days. 

13 if you include the CWL rounds. I think this week was 4 years since i joined SpartaUK as well. Seems like just yesterday crangs was missing war attacks. Oh wait he still does.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2020 at 2:23 AM, POTUF said:

13 if you include the CWL rounds. I think this week was 4 years since i joined SpartaUK as well. Seems like just yesterday crangs was missing war attacks. Oh wait he still does.

Huge news! Happy clanniversary.  Lol, where is @crangs?

In other news, i have been painstakingly honing my zap hybrid attack for 2 solid months now.  Experimenting with different compositions, best use of zap, risks of funneling for the th v going straight for it with queen, or blimp.  Did careful analysis of best use of extra 20 troop space, did a risk assessment of where to drop the RC, and watched every Itzu video known to man.  Even did a sleep v wakefulness analysis to see the best time of the day to attack. Consequently, i am quite chuffed with 162 trophies from my last 5 legends zap hybrid attack, including two splendid 3 star attack.

However, to keep things interesting and complete the super valk event, i've been alternating it with that golem/witch/valk spam attack.  Of course the skill level for zap hybrid is much higher, so it should yield much higher rewards.

I've landed 189 trophies from my last 5 attacks, including four spammy 3 star attacks.

No wonder Itzu looks so miserable all the time.  Dude's spending hours a day perfecting queen walks and some rando drops 11 witches in a long line and gets 3 stars just as easily.

• Like 1

Huge news! Happy clanniversary.  Lol, where is @crangs?

In other news, i have been painstakingly honing my zap hybrid attack for 2 solid months now.  Experimenting with different compositions, best use of zap, risks of funneling for the th v going straight for it with queen, or blimp.  Did careful analysis of best use of extra 20 troop space, did a risk assessment of where to drop the RC, and watched every Itzu video known to man.  Even did a sleep v wakefulness analysis to see the best time of the day to attack. Consequently, i am quite chuffed with 162 trophies from my last 5 legends zap hybrid attack, including two splendid 3 star attack.

However, to keep things interesting and complete the super valk event, i've been alternating it with that golem/witch/valk spam attack.  Of course the skill level for zap hybrid is much higher, so it should yield much higher rewards.

I've landed 189 trophies from my last 5 attacks, including four spammy 3 star attacks.

No wonder Itzu looks so miserable all the time.  Dude's spending hours a day perfecting queen walks and some rando drops 11 witches in a long line and gets 3 stars just as easily.

If anything will bring crangs back, its unnecessary spreadsheeting. The sleep vs wake analysis is particularly riveting. But yea, this should be the most interesting CWL in a while. I think i FC'd every army comp yesterday to some disappointing results so back to drag spam i go.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, POTUF said:

If anything will bring crangs back, its unnecessary spreadsheeting. The sleep vs wake analysis is particularly riveting. But yea, this should be the most interesting CWL in a while. I think i FC'd every army comp yesterday to some disappointing results so back to drag spam i go.

This has changed my bum life.  No hitting at 7AM in the morning, and try and avoid hitting after lunch. HUGE Gainzzz made.

Also, in other news, Mo is doing 20 attacks per war at the moment.  I thought it was bad having 6 war attacks plus 8 legends hits in one day....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

This has changed my bum life.  No hitting at 7AM in the morning, and try and avoid hitting after lunch. HUGE Gainzzz made.

Also, in other news, Mo is doing 20 attacks per war at the moment.  I thought it was bad having 6 war attacks plus 8 legends hits in one day....

I've been with SpartaUK 2.0 since last year and i still don't know who is actually a member and who are just Mo alts. A spreadsheet might be in order. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, POTUF said:

I've been with SpartaUK 2.0 since last year and i still don't know who is actually a member and who are just Mo alts. A spreadsheet might be in order. 

The complex part is there are a number of guys who lend him their account when they're too busy.  And they also have alts....

So Ped is a dude from Pakistan, with a whole family on there (Shrivasta, Eagle, Golden Eagle etc.), mostly nephews, although this isn't obvious at first glance because they call him "Mama".  Sometimes his nephews give him their accounts to attack, sometimes he lets them fill from his account and they get a bit giddy and attack with it.

BUT....Ped also gives Mo his several accounts to attack with sometimes.

Then you've got Sniper, Danger, Trav, all of whom I think Mo has permanent custody now.

Orpent, however, is a completely different chap, who despite being a TH13 uses a TH6 attack (25 x giants) every single time.

You're right. This can only be cleared up with a spreadsheet.

36 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

The complex part is there are a number of guys who lend him their account when they're too busy.  And they also have alts....

So Ped is a dude from Pakistan, with a whole family on there (Shrivasta, Eagle, Golden Eagle etc.), mostly nephews, although this isn't obvious at first glance because they call him "Mama".  Sometimes his nephews give him their accounts to attack, sometimes he lets them fill from his account and they get a bit giddy and attack with it.

BUT....Ped also gives Mo his several accounts to attack with sometimes.

Then you've got Sniper, Danger, Trav, all of whom I think Mo has permanent custody now.

Orpent, however, is a completely different chap, who despite being a TH13 uses a TH6 attack (25 x giants) every single time.

You're right. This can only be cleared up with a spreadsheet.

lol im questioning myself even as we speak now if i too am a Mo alt. Are Josh, dethrone, and Unknown their own people or Mo alts. Can't recall anything they've ever really contributed to the chat box.

On 10/18/2020 at 1:23 AM, POTUF said:

Seems like just yesterday crangs was missing war attacks. Oh wait he still does.

lol, I missed 1 war attack up til we left Frozen Flames.  No one can prove otherwise...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, crangs said:

lol, I missed 1 war attack up til we left Frozen Flames.  No one can prove otherwise...

Haha what word of FF? Evee chat with Dave?

Just now, POTUF said:

Haha what word of FF? Evee chat with Dave?

Sounds like they're still chugging along.  Been told I'm welcome back whenever but I'm kinda still meh about it all right now.   I'll probably see how I get on after clan games 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, crangs said:

Sounds like they're still chugging along.  Been told I'm welcome back whenever but I'm kinda still meh about it all right now.   I'll probably see how I get on after clan games 

Some new toys to play with. Super troops and extra troops are good filler till TH14. New attacks and the meta always changing keeps it interesting. Give it another go. Just think of the kids, Kylo and Chirrut 😪

• Like 1