Bubba_Sparks

BigDaddyDelta's Official Clash of Clans Thread

2 hours ago, POTUF said:

I'm kind of glad they're not adding anything game breaking by the looks of it. Not every TH needs a new hero and meta changing defense. Curious why it would benefit Supercell for the devs to tell fans that TH14 wasn't coming out till Winter just a few months ago though. 

That's really weird that they would announce a time frame and then push it way up.

The new TH looks like it could be a pain. Slowing down troops and poisoning them combined with the the tornado trap and/or ice golems could be a deadly combo. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, juice64011 said:

That's really weird that they would announce a time frame and then push it way up.

The new TH looks like it could be a pain. Slowing down troops and poisoning them combined with the the tornado trap and/or ice golems could be a deadly combo. 

They didn't announce it would be out in the winter though....

29 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

They didn't announce it would be out in the winter though....

Darian mentioned 4-5 months ago that TH14 wasn't coming till fall or possibly winter. 

• Like 1

Still not sure what to think of the look of TH14. Guessing they made it so drastic looking to have a base skin to compliment it that we'll all have to buy but looks a bit like the old wood walls 😬

r/ClashOfClans - The Walls don't merge man. :"(. I won't criticize supercell, they've constantly surprised the coc community and fanbase with amazing updates...but of there is one thing I want then it would be to change the wall design.

Edited by POTUF
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, POTUF said:

Darian mentioned 4-5 months ago that TH14 wasn't coming till fall or possibly winter. 

I stand corrected. I thought they said mid year at the earliest, but even that would make them early.

14 hours ago, POTUF said:

Still not sure what to think of the look of TH14. Guessing they made it so drastic looking to have a base skin to compliment it that we'll all have to buy but looks a bit like the old wood walls 😬

r/ClashOfClans - The Walls don't merge man. :"(. I won't criticize supercell, they've constantly surprised the coc community and fanbase with amazing updates...but of there is one thing I want then it would be to change the wall design.

I guess they're running out of colours.  Some of the stuff looks cool, like the scatter, eagle and teslas.  TH9 is still the best colour scheme IMO though. Tempted to start a new account just to keep it at TH9.

I hate to be a pessimist, but I think we're going to come up just short again.  Suspect we will have to win the final round by 3 or 4 stars as the dudes on top are likely to be more than 10 points ahead.  Doesn't help that we had the JQ Disconnect, and Hank hit a base that we'd already tripled, so I guess we're 5 stars down....but....we need to stop with the participation trophy nonsense.

In his defence, Pfinky is one of the best attackers, but gets tripled more often than not. Same thing for Colton; they're still doing that old skool "war-weight" nonsense, which is fine for regular war, but a massive handicap in CWL.

Oh well. Just glad to have some upgrading to look forward to!

2 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I hate to be a pessimist, but I think we're going to come up just short again.  Suspect we will have to win the final round by 3 or 4 stars as the dudes on top are likely to be more than 10 points ahead.  Doesn't help that we had the JQ Disconnect, and Hank hit a base that we'd already tripled, so I guess we're 5 stars down....but....we need to stop with the participation trophy nonsense.

In his defence, Pfinky is one of the best attackers, but gets tripled more often than not. Same thing for Colton; they're still doing that old skool "war-weight" nonsense, which is fine for regular war, but a massive handicap in CWL.

Oh well. Just glad to have some upgrading to look forward to!

Ive had one of my more average CWLs hitting higher up and still almost tied with pfinky who has been hitting bottom of the barrel bases. It seems it's more about who can be online when war starts and claim the easiest bases *cough Osian*

I think we still get promoted if we somehow win next round but since they seem intent on sacrificing pfinky to the coc gods every round then who knows

• Like 1

Any ideas for 3? That's the only base not claimed. I've been running two different spam, one with goly and one with yetis but that base isn't really good for either. 

20 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Any ideas for 3? That's the only base not claimed. I've been running two different spam, one with goly and one with yetis but that base isn't really good for either. 

All grounded xbows and multi infernos. idk if i like spam on that base. How good is your dragloon? 

33 minutes ago, POTUF said:

Ive had one of my more average CWLs hitting higher up and still almost tied with pfinky who has been hitting bottom of the barrel bases. It seems it's more about who can be online when war starts and claim the easiest bases *cough Osian*

I think we still get promoted if we somehow win next round but since they seem intent on sacrificing pfinky to the coc gods every round then who knows

Osian is a solid attacker, but for some reason he massively rushes his hits.

Pfinky is in the top 5 though; some of the guys can't buy a triple.  I just wouldn't give any rounds to the crushers/dragons of this world.

27 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

3 is okay for spam, but you've gotta follow the sacred scrolls. Stop farting around with multiple rages and freezes!  Octoquake with rage, two freeze and poison is optimal.  That base is fairly spam friendly in that you can open up quite a lot of the base with octo.

That said, if i wasn't rusty and was hitting that base, I'd probably freeze the sweeper, blimp the th and do a hybrid.

52 minutes ago, POTUF said:

All grounded xbows and multi infernos. idk if i like spam on that base. How good is your dragloon? 

My Dragloon is decent, it's been awhile but I would practice a few times. 

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

Where would you drop the quakes? 

First quad on the corner of the cc. Activates th, and opens up the two scatter compartments.

Second quad between ad and x-bow in the core. That opens up the rest of the base. Then i'd come straight in from the South East flank, with the kind plus LL going straight into the compartment with the heroes.

But....if you're not using that spam attack regularly, i probably wouldn't risk it.  There's a small chance of a high 1 if you take that route. Given the stage of CWL, I'd go for the safe 2.  So something aerial with a blimp for TH is probably best.

10 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Bubba, I claimed 4 but if you are confident in 3 starring it, go for it. 

Cheers mate, but I'm going for 5.

Can we take a moment by the way to salute JQ? Guy had a 0% disconnect, but is in 6th place after 4 triples and a 99% 2 star.  Pretty sure he was a can last CWL.

• Like 2

Apparently this doesn't include the 187.5 million for the builders upgrade and 2.3 billion to max walls completely.  

5ckqcm7t80s61.png

22 minutes ago, POTUF said:

Apparently this doesn't include the 187.5 million for the builders upgrade and 2.3 billion to max walls completely.  

5ckqcm7t80s61.png

Is this saying times to max the whole update?  Wonder what it cost from TH1 to TH14?

Spam is now officially dead at TH14.  Which is no bad thing tbf; top 3 attackers this CWL are going to be dirty spammers.  It doesn't really make sense that it's easier to triple at TH13 than it was at TH12.

I think this was a big part of their thinking tbh.  I reckon the most effective spam attack is the supergowiwi with the Log Launcher and Octo-quake.  So in the new update....

• No new troop levels for any of the troops involved (although IG gets an update I suppose)
  • Inferno towers get a massive buff (+12 damage, but also +1 troop targeted)
  • Builder repairing stuff makes the octo-quake fairly pointless as a big part is the huge damage you get on the th plus scatters

Whereas extra hero levels and healer levels makes QC super strong.  Going to be interesting times.  I might have to start thinking about attacks again.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Spam is now officially dead at TH14.  Which is no bad thing tbf; top 3 attackers this CWL are going to be dirty spammers.  It doesn't really make sense that it's easier to triple at TH13 than it was at TH12.

I think this was a big part of their thinking tbh.  I reckon the most effective spam attack is the supergowiwi with the Log Launcher and Octo-quake.  So in the new update....

• No new troop levels for any of the troops involved (although IG gets an update I suppose)
  • Inferno towers get a massive buff (+12 damage, but also +1 troop targeted)
  • Builder repairing stuff makes the octo-quake fairly pointless as a big part is the huge damage you get on the th plus scatters

Whereas extra hero levels and healer levels makes QC super strong.  Going to be interesting times.  I might have to start thinking about attacks again.

The year is 2024 and Knighty is still refusing to upgrade to TH14 because he's finally figured out how to 3 star using spam attacks. 

The more I hear about this update, the more game breaky it sounds. Lavaloon, hybrid, and spam all take a hit in this update. I think we all know what this means...

clash of clans - Clash of ClansDiscussions | TapTap Clash of Clans Group

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, POTUF said:

The year is 2024 and Knighty is still refusing to upgrade to TH14 because he's finally figured out how to 3 star using spam attacks. 

The more I hear about this update, the more game breaky it sounds. Lavaloon, hybrid, and spam all take a hit in this update. I think we all know what this means...

clash of clans - Clash of ClansDiscussions | TapTap Clash of Clans Group

How does it penalise hybrid? I feel any attack based on a QC gets stronger.  It does seem to generally favour defence, which is no bad thing.  Feels like triples are way easier at TH13 than they were at TH9 and 10. That ain't right.

18 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

How does it penalise hybrid? I feel any attack based on a QC gets stronger.  It does seem to generally favour defence, which is no bad thing.  Feels like triples are way easier at TH13 than they were at TH9 and 10. That ain't right.

12+ damage x 5 inferno streams x 3 infernos + 105 damage for extra stream × 3 infernos 

Is almost 500 extra damage from infernos per second. Maybe heals will be enough to counter it still. Im ok with hybrid taking the crown again if im wrong

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, POTUF said:

12+ damage x 5 inferno streams x 3 infernos + 105 damage for extra stream × 3 infernos 

Is almost 500 extra damage from infernos per second. Maybe heals will be enough to counter it still. Im ok with hybrid taking the crown again if im wrong

Ah okay. Roger. I think we'll get extra troop levels within a couple of months that might balance things back up. Still trying to work out upgrade priority in my mind. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Ah okay. Roger. I think we'll get extra troop levels within a couple of months that might balance things back up. Still trying to work out upgrade priority in my mind. 

What have you worked out so far cause I have no idea. I haven't managed my medals very well either thinking TH14 wasn't coming till years end. Just sold BoE for gems not long ago thinking I'd see another before the update. 

Book of building on the TH. Not the hammer. There are more expensive buildings to hammer it sounds like. Then lab and CC and pet shop if youre not buying the level 2 pet shop in the starter pack. Sounds like will need to upgrade storages too. Upgrade TH defenses, builders, and infernos first. Then eagle, scatters, and the rest in that order apparently. Unicorn and owl to level 5, then everything else. This ^ is my understanding from what ive read. 

Edited by POTUF
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, POTUF said:

Book of building on the TH. Not the hammer. There are more expensive buildings to hammer it sounds like. Then lab and CC and pet shop if youre not buying the level 2 pet shop in the starter pack. Sounds like will need to upgrade storages too. Upgrade TH defenses, builders, and infernos first. Then eagle, scatters, and the rest in that order apparently. Unicorn and owl to level 5, then everything else. This ^ is my understanding from what ive read. 

I insta-hammered the TH, and used books for lab, cc and pet shop. As a rule, i only use hammers or books on things that give me "moar" stuff, rather than better stuff. So I'm happy waiting out a 20 day upgrade on the eagle, for example.  Have also got a couple of builder huts on the go, just for the novelty factor more than anything else.

I'm juggling elixir runes with hero books, plus backlog of hero books and hammer of heroes. I reckon i'll have a max warden within a couple of days at no cost, plus all other heroes up one level.

Would never have picked Osian as this clan's Chewie though!

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I insta-hammered the TH, and used books for lab, cc and pet shop. As a rule, i only use hammers or books on things that give me "moar" stuff, rather than better stuff. So I'm happy waiting out a 20 day upgrade on the eagle, for example.  Have also got a couple of builder huts on the go, just for the novelty factor more than anything else.

I'm juggling elixir runes with hero books, plus backlog of hero books and hammer of heroes. I reckon i'll have a max warden within a couple of days at no cost, plus all other heroes up one level.

Would never have picked Osian as this clan's Chewie though!

Is anybody still friends with Chewie or know if he's still taking up residence at FF? I'm curious how his wait for TH15 is going?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, POTUF said:

Is anybody still friends with Chewie or know if he's still taking up residence at FF? I'm curious how his wait for TH15 is going?

We're the very best of friends.

No, he's still at FF.  I just had a peek a few minutes ago and he's upgraded his TH and maxed out his queen already.  I'm tipping he'll overtake Osbacca later today, be maxed out tomorrow morning and will bemoan the long wait for TH15 by the end of the week.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

We're the very best of friends.

No, he's still at FF.  I just had a peek a few minutes ago and he's upgraded his TH and maxed out his queen already.  I'm tipping he'll overtake Osbacca later today, be maxed out tomorrow morning and will bemoan the long wait for TH15 by the end of the week.

lol I remember one of the Stephanies was maxed 10 minutes after TH13 dropped. 

Fun fact: We're now in the same CWL league as SpartaUK. Not sure we're in the same league competitively but would be a fun match up. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, POTUF said:

lol I remember one of the Stephanies was maxed 10 minutes after TH13 dropped. 

Fun fact: We're now in the same CWL league as SpartaUK. Not sure we're in the same league competitively but would be a fun match up. 

Yeah, they got relegated the month after we all left.

Would be fun to see where they are all at.  I don't think of anyone in that clan as being much of a gemmer; i think we were the first two to max out when TH13 dropped.

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

Do I have my pony follow the Queen or  champion if I don't plan on QC? I see benefits with both. 

I haven't used it yet but I would think the best use of the unicorn is with a QC to save you 14-28 troop spaces by only using 3-4 healers instead. Otherwise, seems like the owl is the way to go. Found this video showing both but i'll look the other way on the underwhelming RC because i've been selling wolf tickets on the benefits of a Champ Charge since TH13 came out

I'm thinking my little pony could be a nice boost to the warden. I reckon th14 will be all about hero sui attacks. If you pair the yak with the Queen, he'll keep bashing walls in to get at the targets the Queen is hitting. 

The warden is often last man standing - he has decent dps and could finish a base with some healing. 

Not tried any of those things though... been faffing around with super goblins since the update. 

Keep us posted!

Also, i like how osi loses his queen to a scattershot for about the millionth time... but somehow the reason the enemy is getting triples and we aren't is because of our cc's being crap...

Also, sinner is still ahead of chewie!! Huge!

35 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Also, sinner is still ahead of chewie!! Huge!

This is my ^ Paul vs Askren

• Haha 2

Pfinky and Colton's conversation was interesting. Talking about prioritizing walls so people don't think you are rushed because they are easiest to notice. Meanwhile Colton has like th10 cannons and th9 mortars. 

Siege machines, spells, WBs, hogs, miners, and pets make walls one of the least important upgrades. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Pfinky and Colton's conversation was interesting. Talking about prioritizing walls so people don't think you are rushed because they are easiest to notice. Meanwhile Colton has like th10 cannons and th9 mortars. 

Siege machines, spells, WBs, hogs, miners, and pets make walls one of the least important upgrades. 

Haha sorry i missed this. The funniest is the people that argue that it gets them higher in weight than others in their clan that spend all that gold on infernos, eagle, and other defense.

• Haha 1

I find anything Colt says about upgrading hard to take seriously given his shockingly low level defences.  

I reckon that several people will have maxed heroes before me, but I'd put money on being fully maxed long before most of the clan.  They all like shiny things too much...as much as i hate having heroes down, when there are only 5 levels and i've got a full stash of hero potions, I'm not dropping 165 medals to save myself 7 days when i can drop 120 and save 20.

How are the pets shaping up at the moment?  For my spam attacks I think RC with unicorn is a must.  Coupled with freezes, it gives you a strong chance of her surviving until the end.  I also like yak with queen - his damage is garbage, but he opens up walls nicely.  He gets badly left behind if he goes with the RC or warden, and if he's with the king, he doesn't really do anything to walls.  Lassi with the kind basically turns a tank into an even better tank, so by default i stick the owl with the warden. Two pillow-fisted cans together.

@juice64011, that second war hit i used might be quite versatile i reckon. It's a lot of similar ideas to the regular one, but you've got so much HP on the battlefield that multis are not a problem, plus your RC can take out half the base. Kinda looks cool with all the skellies as well...

I need to get into it. I've just been spamming dragons for loot but haven't played around with pets at all and have no idea how i'm #1 again. Would be curious how war weight works at TH14. I'm going to stick with super wiz spam but with IGs. I liked them slightly better than golems before TH14 but even more now that they got a new level at this TH. Gives you an extra 4 seconds of freeze combined and an extra 1,600 HP combined. 

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I find anything Colt says about upgrading hard to take seriously given his shockingly low level defences.  

I reckon that several people will have maxed heroes before me, but I'd put money on being fully maxed long before most of the clan.  They all like shiny things too much...as much as i hate having heroes down, when there are only 5 levels and i've got a full stash of hero potions, I'm not dropping 165 medals to save myself 7 days when i can drop 120 and save 20.

How are the pets shaping up at the moment?  For my spam attacks I think RC with unicorn is a must.  Coupled with freezes, it gives you a strong chance of her surviving until the end.  I also like yak with queen - his damage is garbage, but he opens up walls nicely.  He gets badly left behind if he goes with the RC or warden, and if he's with the king, he doesn't really do anything to walls.  Lassi with the kind basically turns a tank into an even better tank, so by default i stick the owl with the warden. Two pillow-fisted cans together.

@juice64011, that second war hit i used might be quite versatile i reckon. It's a lot of similar ideas to the regular one, but you've got so much HP on the battlefield that multis are not a problem, plus your RC can take out half the base. Kinda looks cool with all the skellies as well...

I watched that and planned on making an army to practice with. 

I planned on learning hybrid too but we have so many people that use that attack, there are usually a couple of spam friendly bases. 

So far my pets have been set at

Pony-RC. That seems to be the best value. 

Yak-king

Owl-queen

Dog-Warden by default

I'm still boosted so it's tough to say what is best since almost all of my attacks have been 3 stars. Once my boost is gone I will try my setup and bubba's and test out a few hits each day. 

• Like 1

lol Omo_Sparks hitting me with black to black confused emojis. Has he gone tew far? 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, POTUF said:

lol Omo_Sparks hitting me with black to black confused emojis. Has he gone tew far? 

Golems work a million times better than ice golems in that attack. I can only assume you're being a hipster. 

Tbf, I haven't tried ice at th14, but it's horses for courses and you just want the extra hp of the regular golems. The ig freeze is great if they get deep into a base but they're pure cannon fodder with that attack. 

I think you're number 1 because of your th by the way. You're a th14.3 I think. We're all 14.1 or 14.2 at most. 

10 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Golems work a million times better than ice golems in that attack. I can only assume you're being a hipster. 

Tbf, I haven't tried ice at th14, but it's horses for courses and you just want the extra hp of the regular golems. The ig freeze is great if they get deep into a base but they're pure cannon fodder with that attack. 

I think you're number 1 because of your th by the way. You're a th14.3 I think. We're all 14.1 or 14.2 at most. 

Makes sense. Have just had better luck with with IGs in that attack. 7.5 seconds of freeze time with 8 IGs gives you a minute of freeze time. Wondering how strong super baby dragons are after baby ds got a bump at TH14 too. Might have to take em for a spin. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, POTUF said:

Makes sense. Have just had better luck with with IGs in that attack. 7.5 seconds of freeze time with 8 IGs gives you a minute of freeze time. Wondering how strong super baby dragons are after baby ds got a bump at TH14 too. Might have to take em for a spin. 

Yeah....but they're right on the frontline.  So that minute of freeze time mainly happens at the same time, and primarily affects collectors and walls.  I often have swag freezes left as well, so i don't know how much it benefits.

Maybe there's another way to use them, but i spent all last month using the same attack.  Typically hit 2 or 3 triples a day, and 240+ trophies with regular golems.  I had 3 consecutive days using ice golems instead, and didn't hit a single triple, and averaged around 200 each day. This is all spreadsheeted! I just think IG are more suited to surgical usage than spam.

I never really used baby dragons in any serious attack. Would love to think valks have made a comeback, but the fact they get two-shotted by scatters makes them too weak for me.  I suspect that enhancing TH13 attacks with clever pet usage will be the new meta, rather than some new wild attack.

My trader is trolling me right now. Before the update he offered me a book of heroes pretty much ever day. Haven't had a single one since.