Bubba_Sparks

BigDaddyDelta's Official Clash of Clans Thread

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

Dis is tew much

SFVBuSq.png

lol i saw that in real time. In our old clan, we use to pick a war leader who would assign targets and lead the war. I almost want to bring that back to see how badly Colton could General Custer this thing with his logic. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, POTUF said:

lol i saw that in real time. In our old clan, we use to pick a war leader who would assign targets and lead the war. I almost want to bring that back to see how badly Colton could General Custer this thing with his logic. 

I think the walls thing is more of a running joke than a serious prioritisation. I remember Colt justifying his pre-scattershot days as it not mattering because all his walls were maxed.

Some people might get a bit rustled CWL. I've suggested to Hank & co that if they want to avoid instant relegation they need to stop running CWL like a charity and use their best 18 or so.  Last season the feeder averaged 10 missed hits per round, so they may as well send a bunch over there.

Plus I also suggested they let the reliable 3-star hitters (you both made the list) have first pick, rather than everyone claiming targets within two minutes.  We should easily be capable of staying in champs 3, but I worry we'll screw it up by swapping people in and out to make up their 8 stars.

4 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I think the walls thing is more of a running joke than a serious prioritisation. I remember Colt justifying his pre-scattershot days as it not mattering because all his walls were maxed.

Some people might get a bit rustled CWL. I've suggested to Hank & co that if they want to avoid instant relegation they need to stop running CWL like a charity and use their best 18 or so.  Last season the feeder averaged 10 missed hits per round, so they may as well send a bunch over there.

Plus I also suggested they let the reliable 3-star hitters (you both made the list) have first pick, rather than everyone claiming targets within two minutes.  We should easily be capable of staying in champs 3, but I worry we'll screw it up by swapping people in and out to make up their 8 stars.

Yea i think its convincing people to take a 100 medal loss by not CWLing in Champs 3 that is going to be the tough sell. Its worked so far for us so its kind of a tough sell but i get it. Im a bit flumoxed we'll likely never get a 30v30 now being in Champs but we'll see.

• Like 1

5 days before I have a builder free...

Yea needing trader to come in clutch. 

Clan needs to find some decent bases before CWL. Got diggled by terribad attacks last war

• Like 1

Same but I have had a builder potion available for 4 straight days. 

My AQ and warden are down so I haven't been in wars recently. It's going to be interesting since most won't have upgraded defenses. I have all of my infernos going but none will be done in time for CWL. 

• Like 1

My trader finally came good with a BoH yesterday, but apart from that i've had nothing since the upgrade.  Timing will work quite well for CWL for me; all 3 infernos will be maxed the day it starts, plus with the clan games BoB and rewards from season pass I'll get the eagle maxed.

Building upgrades feel quite manageable now.  I've got one builder working continually on the TH, one more on canons, and when the infernos finish I'll put two on builder huts and one on tesla.  I like to keep a builder free so I can carry on the wall grind and do a hero whenever i have enough dark.

The real slog is having enough de to keep the pets constantly upgrading.  It gets a bit easier as they get to higher levels, but right now you need 50k+ just for pets, and if you're trying to save for heroes as well that's a lot.

Not sure if you missed the bloodless coup yesterday?  After we lost on damage with a TH13 un-3-starred, poor Hank had missed his attach and promptly fell on his sword. Osian is now our glorious leader.  There was a shortlist of him, Colt, me and Pfinky, but after i declared myself unavailable, Roro (aged 14) chose Osian and that was that. It was emotional 🤣.

• Haha 1

Also, @POTUF, is there any truth in the rumour you're focusing on upgrading your owl because it's basically a crap version of an e-dragon?

Is it me or are we getting steadily worse at war, rather than better?  RoRo using exactly the same feeble attack when all we needed was a 2 star is tew much....at least in Mo's clan the majority knew what they're doing!

We will get battered in Champs 3. Absolutely battered.

53 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Is it me or are we getting steadily worse at war, rather than better?  RoRo using exactly the same feeble attack when all we needed was a 2 star is tew much....at least in Mo's clan the majority knew what they're doing!

We will get battered in Champs 3. Absolutely battered.

I think we'll get by on defenses as most of our clan are filthy gemmers but i dont see us ever ascending passed Champs 3. 

We encouraged people to rush to help CWL which in turn will hurt our matchups in regular war. A middle of the road placement in this first cwl is realistic.

I just realized I haven't built my new walls yet. 

• Like 2

I have 5 hero potions so plan to boost at the end of one war and then also hit the beginning of the next war so I can use 2 war attacks with 1 potion if I'm in CWL. 

• Like 1

Is the debate between ice golems and regular golems still a thing, sir @POTUF?

Also... how the heck has 18 yo "uncleabe" just laid down 20k on a dodge charger?? Are we in some elite clan for the privileged or something?

I think I saw Abe talking about how he needed to work to survive and planned to live in his car while going to college. (terrible idea) 

I was going to suggest buying a $5k car since he had $8k saved up and using 3 for housing. 

3 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Is the debate between ice golems and regular golems still a thing, sir @POTUF?

Also... how the heck has 18 yo "uncleabe" just laid down 20k on a dodge charger?? Are we in some elite clan for the privileged or something?

Was my first super wiz spam in weeks. 2nd hit was way less demoralizing. Been pretty overkill in multi.

2 hours ago, juice64011 said:

I forgot to use a power potion for my war attack...

If only someone had sent a clan mail about that 😁.

There's a debate raging on discord about the philosophical merits of spam right now. Serious business. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, juice64011 said:

I forgot to use a power potion for my war attack...

I had a streak of about 4 CWL attacks where i did this ^ in the last clan. I only wished i did it this round so i had an excuse ☹️

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

If only someone had sent a clan mail about that 😁.

There's a debate raging on discord about the philosophical merits of spam right now. Serious business. 

Lol, I'm assuming it was started by Osian. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Which side would you attack on 12 with spam?

From the South-East.. 

Use octo-quake though (don't fart around with jump spells).  I'd use one quad quake on the junction between the single inferno and scatter. That opens up the TH, the scatter, and the single inferno.  Then I'd use the second quake on the junction between the multi and the bomb tower.  That opens up the eagle, multi and all the xbows.  Take a super wb and hit the junction between the canon and the wizard tower and pretty much the whole base is open.

Then get your 4 golems (don't faff around with ice golems), your 8 witches and your 7 super wizards down as quick as possible. Then drop BK, plus LL so it's nicely in line with the scatter and TH.  Early warden, often when cc comes out (but still poison), and then drop your RC late.  This is key, and turns the 2 into a 3.  Send her where the bulk of the troops are going. I see a lot of people sending her off on sucide missions far away from he rest of the troops, or dropping her at the start (in which case she just runs ahead and dies).

If you follow that to the letter, you will triple with half your army intact.

CC should be double yeti plus 3 x sneaky goblins btw.

Good luck!

6 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

From the South-East.. 

Use octo-quake though (don't fart around with jump spells).  I'd use one quad quake on the junction between the single inferno and scatter. That opens up the TH, the scatter, and the single inferno.  Then I'd use the second quake on the junction between the multi and the bomb tower.  That opens up the eagle, multi and all the xbows.  Take a super wb and hit the junction between the canon and the wizard tower and pretty much the whole base is open.

Then get your 4 golems (don't faff around with ice golems), your 8 witches and your 7 super wizards down as quick as possible. Then drop BK, plus LL so it's nicely in line with the scatter and TH.  Early warden, often when cc comes out (but still poison), and then drop your RC late.  This is key, and turns the 2 into a 3.  Send her where the bulk of the troops are going. I see a lot of people sending her off on sucide missions far away from he rest of the troops, or dropping her at the start (in which case she just runs ahead and dies).

If you follow that to the letter, you will triple with half your army intact.

CC should be double yeti plus 3 x sneaky goblins btw.

Good luck!

This was my thought but wanted to confirm. The only difference was I was thinking second quakes to open up the other scatter by the TH but your way gets the troops there faster so it should work. 

I won't be hitting dor awhile though. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

This was my thought but wanted to confirm. The only difference was I was thinking second quakes to open up the other scatter by the TH but your way gets the troops there faster so it should work. 

I won't be hitting dor awhile though. 

Yeah, the other scatter compartment isn't a terrible idea, but the ll will do the work for you.  Plus the back-end gets nailed by the RC.

Hit now though! You have an audience