Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Boxing Thread: Joshua Next Opponent?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Bezerker101 said:

July 20 > Pacquiao/ Thurman - Pac is -155 fav

 

pac.png

Thurman sends Pac Man into retirement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

 

 hope so, the guys a living scam here -

I always wondered what the citizens really think of Pacquiao.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

I always wondered what the citizens really think of Pacquiao.

75% of the people worship him, so you can always get decent odds on his opponents .

-he was a congressman, he's a senator now, he'll be running for president vs the incumbent's daughter, .. every other commercial on tv is a Pacquiao commercial, .... he's retired 4 times but keeps fighting to payoff his masive delinquent tax bill that he blames on Arum, .. he's rarely in the Philippines, he's a chitty actor and singer/ musician, his wfe and mother are doing the politics thing too and of course commercials and acting - kids also - it's sickening .

Elections here are dominated by whoever can pay for the most votes, Pacquiao can pay more so the train keeps rolling (the avg. vote goes for 200 pesos, or $4.00usd);

I hope Keith breaks his face early -

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

July 20 > Pacquiao/ Thurman - Pac is -155 fav

 

pac.png

 

Pac fans had the line against Floyd skewed too. Thurman has lost a lot of steam though and I'm not as high on him anymore. He'll probably win an unspectacular decision.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, T.B.E said:

 

Pac fans had the line against Floyd skewed too. Thurman has lost a lot of steam though and I'm not as high on him anymore. He'll probably win an unspectacular decision.

 

I'm not sure it's skewed, .. more like a nationalistic obligation here ( like Australians do ) - I had Bradley in the 2nd fight @ 6-1 here in the Philippines ... just bcoz of the ridiculous odds - ?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there's a rumor/ buzz here that Pac ends it in the 7th or 8th with a a right hook lol - undercard starts in about 2.5 hrs,

.... the city is one big party when Pacquiao fights -  5:40am here, too much fireworks to sleep, man I'm sleepy  ?‍?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2019 at 4:50 PM, T.B.E said:

 

Pac fans had the line against Floyd skewed too. Thurman has lost a lot of steam though and I'm not as high on him anymore. He'll probably win an unspectacular decision.

 

Wrong on both accounts. Good fight. It was competitive but no way was that a split. I had it 7-5 Manny plus the knockdown

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SavageTC said:

Chisora gave out some brain damage today

 

Br00tal

homie spoke to the baby jesus when the first right connected in the ending sequence.  Made peace with God by the end of it

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, T.B.E said:

 

Wrong on both accounts. Good fight. It was competitive but no way was that a split. I had it 7-5 Manny plus the knockdown

 

yeah, KT didn't do near enough, ... Manny did not look that good either, especially after the fight - they noticed here immediately,

... wants Spence jr  next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy for Manny dude is just adding to his own legend at this point nothing left to prove. I personally hope he takes the Khan fight next year over the winner of Spence vs. Porter.

On 7/21/2019 at 10:10 AM, SavageTC said:

Chisora gave out some brain damage today

 

Br00tal

Was waiting for FATAILITY or some chit to pop up after that one lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canelo Alvarez

Canelo Alvarez has been stripped of his IBF middleweight title after negotiations for one of his mandatory defenses against Sergiy Derevyanchenko ended with no-deal on Thursday afternoon.

The news now opens the door for the Mexican Champion to fight a different opponent this fall.

ESPN.com shared the following details on the failed negotiations, which resulted in Canelo Alvarez being stripped of his IBF 160-pound title.

The IBF already had allowed for multiple postponements of a purse bid for the bout, and the Derevyanchenko camp even told the IBF it was OK with Alvarez not being stripped at Monday’s deadline to allow them more time to work out a deal. But the sides were far apart on the money even though, according to sources, streaming service DAZN, which has Canelo Alvarez under exclusive broadcast contact, had approved Derevyanchenko as an opponent with the stipulation that Alvarez take as much as a $5 million reduction on his $35 million guarantee for his next bout.

 

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/11775161/dillian-whyte-passed-vada-anti-doping-tests-before-and-after-oscar-rivas-fight

Dillian Whyte passed VADA anti-doping tests before and after Oscar Rivas fight

This is getting weird now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why boxing keeps killing it's credibility. Canelo is the champ, yet 2 of the titles he won will be held by people who he's either already beaten or never faced. Politics has always been the bane of boxing and now a days it's infesting every other aspect of life. What a joke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, T.B.E said:

This is why boxing keeps killing it's credibility. Canelo is the champ, yet 2 of the titles he won will be held by people who he's either already beaten or never faced. Politics has always been the bane of boxing and now a days it's infesting every other aspect of life. What a joke

The real fans know who the real champion is. If that was MMA, Canelo would have to take whatever they offered. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

The real fans know who the real champion is. If that was MMA, Canelo would have to take whatever they offered. 

 

I'm curious why it's Canelo that has to take whatever they offered, not the other way around? Also, I read that it was DAZN that was being the real obstacle as they wanted a 3rd GGG fight but he didn't want it in Vegas. Time kept passing as that squabble took place and the window for the mandatory defence, which Canelo inherited, became much smaller

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

* Marcus Browne, the undefeated 23-0 WBA interim and WBC silver lhw champion gets sat down 3 times (once in the 4th and twice in the 7th) by 36 yr old John Pascal's right hook at Barclay's/ Brooklyn - head but in the 8th = doctor stoppage - Pascal wins 76-75

image.png.5573b64ae29cbb04551e3d268ba2b1d7.png

 

image.png.d6727ed3cf528b7f536f21e98106e50c.png

Edited by Bezerker101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was good to see the old warrior shut that woman beater up. Pascal always brings it.

 

15 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

how the ferk old is Pasal ... wasn't he fighting in the 90's ? .. or is that the son ?

 

He's actually not that old, but he won his first LHW title 10 years ago. He's been around

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2019 at 2:56 PM, classicboxer said:

The real fans know who the real champion is. If that was MMA, Canelo would have to take whatever they offered. 

Who is the real champion at welterweight?  Even after crowning Pac Man the new WBA champ the 4 major titles are still held by 4 different men.

If Pac wants an asswhoopin’ from Spence Jr let him have it and let Crawford lift that WBC title off Shawn Porter.  Then unify the goddamn belts.  This is ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Who is the real champion at welterweight?  Even after crowning Pac Man the new WBA champ the 4 major titles are still held by 4 different men.

If Pac wants an asswhoopin’ from Spence Jr let him have it and let Crawford lift that WBC title off Shawn Porter.  Then unify the goddamn belts.  This is ridiculous.

Who is the heavyweight champion of MMA?

Daniel Cormier, Ryan Bader, Brandon Vera, Philipe Lins, Phil De Fries, Mighty Mo, Tony Lopez, Azunna Anyanwu, Greg Rebello, or Shelton Graves?

(I admit I looked it up on Wikipedia, but you get it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

Who is the heavyweight champion of MMA?

Daniel Cormier, Ryan Bader, Brandon Vera, Philipe Lins, Phil De Fries, Mighty Mo, Tony Lopez, Azunna Anyanwu, Greg Rebello, or Shelton Graves?

(I admit I looked it up on Wikipedia, but you get it)

Daniel Cormier because he's never lost a round at HW and he stopped the most successful UFC HW champion in the 1st round.  Bader beat Mo Lawal who is small for light heavy, Mitrione who can't wrestle and Fedor ten years past his prime at 43.

Those other guys all suck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Daniel Cormier because he's never lost a round at HW and he stopped the most successful UFC HW champion in the 1st round.  Bader beat Mo Lawal who is small for light heavy, Mitrione who can't wrestle and Fedor ten years past his prime at 43.

Those other guys all suck.

It was a trick question, Jon Jones is the real champion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2019 at 2:48 AM, Bezerker101 said:

main event now - Arreola/ +1000

Just reading now it was meant to be one hell of a scrap .

The two fighters combined to break CompuBox records for most combined punches thrown (2,172) and punches landed (667) in a heavyweight fight.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Just reading now it was meant to be one hell of a scrap .

The two fighters combined to break CompuBox records for most combined punches thrown (2,172) and punches landed (667) in a heavyweight fight.

2 fighters who fought inside most of the fight, exchanging short punches to the body and head. For all the punching, nothing spectacular, more like a 12 round sparring session. The most impressive thing was that 2 fat guys had that much endurance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Just reading now it was meant to be one hell of a scrap .

The two fighters combined to break CompuBox records for most combined punches thrown (2,172) and punches landed (667) in a heavyweight fight.

 

2 hours ago, classicboxer said:

2 fighters who fought inside most of the fight, exchanging short punches to the body and head. For all the punching, nothing spectacular, more like a 12 round sparring session. The most impressive thing was that 2 fat guys had that much endurance.

 

after the first 4 - u  knew it was going 12 -

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lomachenko Card :

WBC Flyweight Championship upset > Julio Cezar Martinez (just released from jail 24hrs ago) ... 2nd rd. body shot ko of Champion Charlie Edwards,

now changed to NC for late punch lol, ... Edwards was getting pasted both rounds, damn shame -

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

 

fell asleep, real chitty no-power heavyweights - missed m/e

Hughie Fury’s third attempt against a real contender went like the first two did, and Alexander Povetkin remains a heavyweight player.

Edited by Bezerker101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lomachenko/ Campbell result :

 

Lomachenko improved his record to 14-1 and captured the third belt in his fourth weight class, but it wasn't easy. Campbell, who fell to 20-3, came prepared to compete. He fought fundamentally sound and he had his moments. Campbell appeared to buzz Lomachenko in the first and seventh rounds.10 hours ago

Edited by Bezerker101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the dude who got battered and hit slightly late squirming his way to a NC was cringe AF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2019 at 10:15 AM, Bezerker101 said:

Lomachenko/ Campbell result :

  Hide contents

Lomachenko improved his record to 14-1 and captured the third belt in his fourth weight class, but it wasn't easy. Campbell, who fell to 20-3, came prepared to compete. He fought fundamentally sound and he had his moments. Campbell appeared to buzz Lomachenko in the first and seventh rounds.10 hours ago

Good scrap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a really vivid dream last night that Tyson fury got knocked out in the fourth round lol.

I've actually got fury completely dominating this guy, but thought I'd post this to document in case it's the start of my psychic powers. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody forgot to tell Wallin he was a +2200 underdog. I'll wait for a better pair than Tyson Fury and that vaseline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...