Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Boxing Thread: Joshua Next Opponent?

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr in an exhibition this fall

Sad RJJ is one of if not my favourite boxer ever but the dude has taken far too much damage. 

• Like 1

I hope it's an actual exhibition i.e. they take it a little easy. I'm not interested in seeing either one of these legends get KO'ed or take a beating at their age. 

Tim Tszyu has announced his arrival. Big name to live up to, he genuinely does have some skills though

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Lol melted 

word is he's still sleeping from that punch

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

How’s it going my Australian brother?

u wot m8?

nah, not doing too bad.  The Rona rush for new sofas has been keeping me busy.  your good self?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, crangs said:

u wot m8?

nah, not doing too bad.  The Rona rush for new sofas has been keeping me busy.  your good self?

I’m good m9, taking it easy. 
Glad you are well.

3 hours ago, gadgets19 said:

Lomachenko/Lopez - tomorrow

Anyone know if the undercard is worth watching?

Josue The Prodigy Vargas

11 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Looks like Fury vs Joshua is official.

Can't see Fury losing

Just saw this. Hagler was worthy sacrifice to the boxing gods for this. 

• Haha 2

On 3/15/2021 at 5:46 PM, MauroPedrosa said:

Looks like Fury vs Joshua is official.

Can't see Fury losing

Looks like it´s off because Wilder´s still rustled :(

Tyson Fury: 'Deontay Wilder wants $20m to let Anthony Joshua fight happen' - BBC Sport

I don´t really get why Wilder doesn't just use his leverage to make sure he fights the winner.  Then he has a shot at 4 belts instead of 1 (not that he's touching either of them....)

* Super-Sleeper Alert :  on the Carson City, Ca Showtime card ( Oubaali vs Donaire card )-

Tournament eliminator > Jukembayev vs Matias, 12 rds - super lightweight (140lbs)-

mqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Russian boxer Maxim Dadashev dies at 28 from injuries sustained in fight with Subriel Matias :

• Fighter was placed in coma after loss to Subriel Matias
  • Trainer Buddy McGirt  had stopped bout after Dadashev took heavy blows

190723135103-maxim-dadashev-0723-restric

Donaire destroys the WBC champ, 4th rd - total mismatch   +250

38 yrs old

image.png.b7c4e0924ebb6f356f7cd7d12e2fed5c.png

Edited by Bezerker101
  • Like 1

that mayweather fight sucked. friggin hugfest

Edited by -idyb-

11 hours ago, -idyb- said:

that mayweather fight sucked. friggin hugfest

I'm convinced ClassicBoxer could go 8 rds with Floyd. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, StompGrind said:

sponsored by Ageless Male

• Like 1

jake paul was lucky the other month that this isnt allowed in boxing

Edited by -idyb-

16 hours ago, StompGrind said:

I'm not convinced that Floyd could go 8 rounds with @classicboxer though.  I've got CB by KO in R4.  Floyd's rope-a-dope cardio trick won't work on a dude who cycles 3000km a year!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, StompGrind said:

I would probably get KOed by Floyd Mayweather Sr.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was wondering if anyone strammed watched the Mayweather v. Logan Paul fight - looks like I'm not alone. I don't know if the topic belongs in a boxing thread, but I guess it was "boxing" under the most relaxed definition of the word.

The commentary was terrible. Absolutely rotten. They were fanboying Mayweather the whole time, acting like he was in there with a child who couldn't even throw a forward punch. There's no doubt that Floyd was clearly the superior boxer in every technical metric, but it wasn't the blowout they tried making it out to be.

One post-fight analysis article even went so far as to say "Mayweather could've ended the fight at any moment had he chose"... by what, throwing in the towel? If he could've finished the fight, he would have. He couldn't.

Look, I get it. Mayweather was never a knockout artist and he was a [boxing] welterweight in there against a cruiserweight 20 years his junior. However, he's also considered once of the greatest boxers of all time fighting a YouTube goof with an 0-1 record.

The whole thing really erodes the idea of boxing being the "sweet science", which is why boxing apologists have to come out with ridiculous statements such as "obviously Floyd was letting the fight continue - he could've put him away at any time" or "Floyd let Conor have those rounds to make it look like more of a legitimate contest" and so on. I don't think anyone is saying that it doesn't take a tremendous amount of talent, skill and hard work to be a world class boxer. It is not, however, an art unattainable by mere mortals.

Of course the most annoying retort is when those same apologists run out of valid arguments and have to resort to "you just don't know/understand boxing."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ijosef said:

I was wondering if anyone strammed watched the Mayweather v. Logan Paul fight

I didn't bother with Mayweather vs. Big Show, and I passed on Mayweather vs. Other Non-Boxing Retard last weekend. I got duped into watching McGregor, then that Tenshin chit, and that was officially the end of silly exhibition matches with Floyd Mayweather.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ijosef said:

At least Big Slow v. Mayweather was advertised as a work from the very beginning.

its only a matter of time until they announce floyd and lesnar vs jake and logan paul in a tag team boxing match

this chit has turned into a circus

Edited by -idyb-

2 hours ago, ijosef said:

I was wondering if anyone strammed watched the Mayweather v. Logan Paul fight - looks like I'm not alone. I don't know if the topic belongs in a boxing thread, but I guess it was "boxing" under the most relaxed definition of the word.

The commentary was terrible. Absolutely rotten. They were fanboying Mayweather the whole time, acting like he was in there with a child who couldn't even throw a forward punch. There's no doubt that Floyd was clearly the superior boxer in every technical metric, but it wasn't the blowout they tried making it out to be.

One post-fight analysis article even went so far as to say "Mayweather could've ended the fight at any moment had he chose"... by what, throwing in the towel? If he could've finished the fight, he would have. He couldn't.

Look, I get it. Mayweather was never a knockout artist and he was a [boxing] welterweight in there against a cruiserweight 20 years his junior. However, he's also considered once of the greatest boxers of all time fighting a YouTube goof with an 0-1 record.

The whole thing really erodes the idea of boxing being the "sweet science", which is why boxing apologists have to come out with ridiculous statements such as "obviously Floyd was letting the fight continue - he could've put him away at any time" or "Floyd let Conor have those rounds to make it look like more of a legitimate contest" and so on. I don't think anyone is saying that it doesn't take a tremendous amount of talent, skill and hard work to be a world class boxer. It is not, however, an art unattainable by mere mortals.

Of course the most annoying retort is when those same apologists run out of valid arguments and have to resort to "you just don't know/understand boxing."

I watched it. I thought Logan won the first 2 rounds and didn't do anything after that. Mayweather didn't throw anything. Of course he was trying to let Logan gas himself out which is exactly what he did. 

There was a huge size difference and Logan was just trying to cuddle after he gassed so I understand that it would be a lot harder to get the KO. 

Lol at anyone that paid for that chit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Lol at anyone that paid for that chit.

i'm turning you in bro.

Lol at anyone thats tossing salad in prison for torrenting that chit

don't eat that honeybun on your pillow!

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

I didn't bother with Mayweather vs. Big Show, and I passed on Mayweather vs. Other Non-Boxing Retard last weekend. I got duped into watching McGregor, then that Tenshin chit, and that was officially the end of silly exhibition matches with Floyd Mayweather.

I watched Floyd vs Conor, and Tyson vs RJJ, that's it. I'm still not convinced any of these matches were legitimate.

6 hours ago, ijosef said:

I didn't watch, and have no interest looking for it on Youtube. However, I believe there was a good chance it wasn't a real fight, it was probably predetermined what they would do. 

i still believe that CB has a good chance of going 10 rounds with floyd.