Boxing Thread: Joshua Next Opponent?

Jolldan

Seeing Anderson Silva KO Tito cold was a guilty pleasure. Tito was throwing punches in slow motion.

Watching a nearly 60 year old Evander Holyfield look like that was just sad. He looked to be in terrific physical shape - as good or better than any other 58yo man walking the planet - but his reflexes were nowhere to be found. I'm glad we didn't see him come out and take a Tyson fight. Mike can still throw down, whereas Evander evidently cannot. It would've been hard to watch.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ijosef said:

Watching a nearly 60 year old Evander Holyfield look like that was just sad. He looked to be in terrific physical shape - as good or better than any other 58yo man walking the planet - but his reflexes were nowhere to be found. I'm glad we didn't see him come out and take a Tyson fight. Mike can still throw down, whereas Evander evidently cannot. It would've been hard to watch.

that old man from the bar that conor mcgregor punched could have put up a better fight than that. i havent seen a fighter get this embarassed since GSP vs Bisping.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

Someone on TV was making a case for Pacquiao being on the "Mt. Rushmore" of boxing. Only 8 division champion, only boxer to win championships in 4 decades. Legendary boxer, but not quite Mt. Rushmore, in my opinion. 

250px-Manny_Pacquiao_vs._Marco_Antonio_B  https://boxrec.com/media/images//thumb/8/8f/TheDreammatchLow.jpg/200px-TheDreammatchLow.jpg  Hattonposter.jpg  275px-Manny_Pacquiao_vs._Antonio_Margari

Edited by Bezerker101

11 minutes ago, classicboxer said:

Someone on TV was making a case for Pacquiao being on the "Mt. Rushmore" of boxing. Only 8 division champion, only boxer to win championships in 4 decades. Legendary boxer, but not quite Mt. Rushmore, in my opinion. 

The more Pacquiao went up in weight > the less power he displayed .

He's running for president, ... that's the only reason he announced retirement .

He'll lose and return to boxing/👉  continue scamming-

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

The more Pacquiao went up in weight > the less power he displayed .

He's running for president, ... that's the only reason he announced retirement .

He'll lose and return to boxing/👉  continue scamming-

From what I heard on TV, he has a legitimate shot at winning the election.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, classicboxer said:

Who is on your boxing Mt. Rushmore?

I've never given it that much thought tbh.  I think if i ignore anyone pre-1960 'cos i have no real way of telling just how good people like Joe Louis or SRR were, mine would be:-

Ali

Tyson

Floyd

Chris Eubank

3 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

Duterte's daughter landslide

Sara_Duterte-Carpio_in_June_2019_(croppe

3 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

There's your problem.

Manny Pacquiao has accepted the PDP-Laban party nomination and will run for Philippines President in 2022 Our odds give him a puncher's chance to become "President Pacquiao."  

Pacquiao +100  
Sara Duterte-Carpio +200  
Bong Go +400
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, classicboxer said:

Manny Pacquiao has accepted the PDP-Laban party nomination and will run for Philippines President in 2022 Our odds give him a puncher's chance to become "President Pacquiao."  

Pacquiao +100  
Sara Duterte-Carpio +200  
Bong Go +400

Bong Go -aka- Bongbong  -aka- BBM (Nationalist Party)  is  Ferdinand Marcos Junior ... the son of the dictator/  true story

Duterte was able to get Bongbong's fathers' corpse returned to the Philippines (2016) from Hawaii and interned here

Pacquao got squashed the first time he ran for senator, he represents the southern most tip of the archipeligo, General Santos City .(heavily Muslim)-

The Philippines is the 2nd most corrupt country in the world next to India with Cambodia 3rd,  the fix is already in for Duterte .

I wonder where the odds-maker for BetOnline will be working after the election ?

• Like 1

With Joshua humbled, we've never looked further from the long-awaited British clash between Joshua and Fury.

Despite being comprehensively out-boxed last fight, Wilder will always have a puncher's chance, but I still can't see past Fury comfortably out-boxing him again.

@PlatinumClegg, my Dadbod Diaz AV bet expires soon. Care to re-run our AV bet from the first fight?  I know you're in the market for an improvement.  I've got Fury ofc.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

With Joshua humbled, we've never looked further from the long-awaited British clash between Joshua and Fury.

Despite being comprehensively out-boxed last fight, Wilder will always have a puncher's chance, but I still can't see past Fury comfortably out-boxing him again.

@PlatinumClegg, my Dadbod Diaz AV bet expires soon. Care to re-run our AV bet from the first fight?  I know you're in the market for an improvement.  I've got Fury ofc.

I don't know why, but during the last fight, Wilder's legs were already gone when he was walking back to the corner at the end of the second round. I didn't think he was hurt, and the rumor that he got worn out during the ring walk seem ridiculous. I just didn't think Fury could "beat up" Wilder. Outbox him like most of the first fight, but not a beatdown. So, for this fight, I think Wilder has puncher's chance, and if Fury wins it will be a boring decision.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, classicboxer said:

I don't know why, but during the last fight, Wilder's legs were already gone when he was walking back to the corner at the end of the second round. I didn't think he was hurt, and the rumor that he got worn out during the ring walk seem ridiculous. I just didn't think Fury could "beat up" Wilder. Outbox him like most of the first fight, but not a beatdown. So, for this fight, I think Wilder has puncher's chance, and if Fury wins it will be a boring decision.

Yeah, whilst the whole ring walk thing seemed a farce, he was definitely looking leggy. I think maybe the occasion just got to him; he's been beating up bums like Charlie Z all his life.

I'm surprised you think Fury can only win by a boring decision though. Assuming he avoids a Wilder KO, i see no reason why he doesn't wear him down in the same way as last fight.

On 10/6/2021 at 4:17 AM, Bubba_Sparks said:

I got Fury dominating this juiced up bum.  Wilder is most definitely on the gear tipping the scales at 240 when he weighed 212 the first time they fought.

Wilder has a lethal right hand.  I've always thought his boxing skills were poor but he had the raw power.

I actually like Tyson Fury now and can't stand Wilder.  This is his last big payday.  Who else is fighting tonight?  Boxing and MMA.

Hey @Bubba_Sparks so this queen @Bwana will quit crying.  Or rather call someone a scumbag piece of **** that he doesn't even know.

I'll take Wilder even thought he's gonna get smacked around and whatever AV you give me.  Give me Nick Diaz that's a nasty burn.  Dude hasn't fought in 7 years and got paid more than both champions combined.... lol!

Wilder is juiced to the goddamn gills.  If he can get it done inside 5 rounds I could see it.  He won't get it done that early and will gas carrying even more weight than he did last time.  Where the 40 pound costume defeated him.  Hopefully it's lighter this time.

@Bubba_Sparks If whatever the time in England, Germany or whatever the **** country you live in I'm taking this because some crybaby won't shut up.  You probably feel asleep after a marathon.

I accept for double on my end for the Diaz/Lawler 2 bet.

1 hour ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Hey @Bubba_Sparks so this queen @Bwana will quit crying.  Or rather call someone a scumbag piece of **** that he doesn't even know.

I'll take Wilder even thought he's gonna get smacked around and whatever AV you give me.  Give me Nick Diaz that's a nasty burn.  Dude hasn't fought in 7 years and got paid more than both champions combined.... lol!

You are a scumbag POS, respect that you can admit it.

2 minutes ago, Bwana said:

You are a scumbag POS, respect that you can admit it.

Is that not a bit much?  All over two 40 year olds that fought fought 20 years ago?  Calm down man I took the loser tonight against Bubba.  I'm going to sport the AV for double the time.  Chill out

Great fight. It looked like Fury was going to finish it quicker than last time when Wilder blasted him with that straight right that led to an eventual 10-7 round.

Of course Fury's ability to rise like the Undertaker is well known, so he came back, scored a couple knockdowns of Wilder in the latter round and eventually got the late finish.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, ijosef said:

Great fight. It looked like Fury was going to finish it quicker than last time when Wilder blasted him with that straight right that led to an eventual 10-7 round.

Of course Fury's ability to rise like the Undertaker is well known, so he came back, scored a couple knockdowns of Wilder in the latter round and eventually got the late finish.

Wilder put on too much weight.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ijosef said:

I thought I was going to lose my camels after Fury hit the canvas twice in round 4

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlatinumClegg said:

You went running when I offered this bet to you.  Just saying.  @Bubba_Sparks I go back to work tomorrow.  So this stupid mother****er @Bwana doesn't cry anymore I'll sport the AV for the rest of the year.

1) Why would I owe you an avi bet in boxing, when this is a n MMA forum ?

2) Why would you make your 4th avi bet in 2 weeks, and yet never honor the bets ?

3) Playing the victim card when you lost, and insulting me is laughable at best.

4) As the Team Captain of the Lawler/Diaz avi bet, you had a moral obligation to lead by example.

As originally stated in the Diaz bet, by 2 of our esteemed and highly respected members :

On 9/29/2021 at 8:08 AM, Bubba_Sparks said:

I took the cropping option first offered to me by the fora.  @PlatinumClegg, i believe you are the only member of the team yet to update.  Thank you in advance or your co-operation.

On 10/1/2021 at 9:55 PM, Decompoze said:

put that fat POS in your av right now, dog.

@Bubba_Sparks being crowned the Swedish ladies volleyball team mascot, along with a knighthood from the Queen herself....will certainly bestow a just and righteous punishment of the Diaz avi for the remainder of the year, reverting back to your first infraction of welchism and dishonesty.

Have a good day.

Edited by Bwana

7 hours ago, Bwana said:

1) Why would I owe you an avi bet in boxing, when this is a n MMA forum ?

2) Why would you make your 4th avi bet in 2 weeks, and yet never honor the bets ?

3) Playing the victim card when you lost, and insulting me is laughable at best.

4) As the Team Captain of the Lawler/Diaz avi bet, you had a moral obligation to lead by example.

As originally stated in the Diaz bet, by 2 of our esteemed and highly respected members :

@Bubba_Sparks being crowned the Swedish ladies volleyball team mascot, along with a knighthood from the Queen herself....will certainly bestow a just and righteous punishment of the Diaz avi for the remainder of the year, reverting back to your first infraction of welchism and dishonesty.

Have a good day.

Damn homie... I didn't sign up for all of this.  I just wanted a better AV.  Pick one right now.  I'm 33 minutes late for work.  Fury by stoppage bet had me drinking a bit too much I think.  When he got dropped twice in a round I thought I was ****ed.

Throw up an AV.  Anything even my favorite fighter 7 years on the shelf.