Jolldan

All Things Marvel & DC Thread: First Look At Pattinson's Batsuit

20 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

if Gamorrah (spelling?) came back in End Game b/c she was Teleported to the future....why couldn't they do the same thing with Black Widow?

That was Gamora from the past. Current day Black Widow died just like current day Gamora did. They brought past Gamora back with them but apparently nobody thought to go back and give past Black Widow a chance. 

• Like 2

Wonder Woman 1984 Trailer

On 12/6/2019 at 8:13 PM, SVTContour98 said:

if Gamorrah (spelling?) came back in End Game b/c she was Teleported to the future....why couldn't they do the same thing with Black Widow?

Apparently original plan (after Gunn was fired from GOTG3) was just to leave her character dead, it was supposedly only Gunn returning to the project and saying he wanted her back for the final film in the trilogy that made them bring her back. 

• Like 1

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Knew he'd come around?

18 hours ago, TUF said:

Pretty big couple weeks for DCU. Wonder Woman trailer and they just announced Shazam 2, a couple weeks after the Rock announced Black Adam.

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1113673-warner-bros-officially-announces-shazam-2-at-ccxp

Yeah after a shaky few years looks like they finally seem to finding their legs. Have read they already want to eventually do a team up with Shazam & Superman vs. Black Adam.

Some of the slightly lesser known DC characters I would love to see to get a movie would be

Dr Fate

Related image

Kent Nelson is Doctor Fate, a powerful sorcerer and agent for the Lords of Order who fights evil alongside his wife Inza. His amulet, cloak and helmet are creations of the ancient Nabu who acts as his mentor and spiritual guide. He is a founding member of the Justice Society of America.

Booster Gold 

Image result for booster gold

Michael Carter, alias Booster Gold was born on December 29th, in the year 2442. Using the technology he stole from the 25th Century, Michael became a superhero saving the life of the President of the United States on his first adventure. This act rewarded him with instant fame, which he cashed in on, becoming quite wealthy. Unfortunately, Booster's manager stole a large amount of his money, leaving him with only a little.

The Question 

Image result for the question dc

When Vic Sage, a television investigative journalist, encountered stories he couldn't investigate by normal, legal means, he donned a special mask (kept in his belt buckle) that made it appear that he had no face. As the Question, Sage investigated corruption in the face of all danger, leaving a blank "calling card," which, when touched, emitted a smoky question mark

Reckon they could have potential to be DC's GOTG a totally unknown property that turns in to a huge success.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jolldan said:

Why did they make Dr Manhattan look like Squidward? 

Image result for watchmen squidward meme

I was enjoying the season but imo it went off the rails at the end (and yes Dr M looked really really weird).

**********SPOILER BELOW*********

I don't understand how a being that knows the future, can teleport, make himself 100 feet tall and defeat an entire country in the Vietnam war, gets captured by a few truck loads of hillbillies, unless it was willingly.

If it was willingly, where was the big payoff and nifty twist on why he allowed his own capture... but he just dies, seemingly for no reason. Why couldn't he vaporize all the hillbillies, then teleport and vaporize lady trieu. 

Also thought the frozen squid bombardment, a really cool idea, was way too weak and inconsistent. One minute a squid is blowing right through LT's hand, bone and all, and the next minute they are fairly harmlessly bouncing off the cops. Thought they missed an opportunity to have and awesomely gory scene where the squids turn a few guys into swiss cheese.

And I disliked that Ozymandius got screwed after saving the world a second time.

Besides the Angela-Hooded Justice episode, the finale was the worst of the season.

Edited by OmoGOAT
  • Like 1

I would like to personally rescind some of my slanderous comments directed towards Captain Marvel 

Image result for waterboy i appreciate what you're showing me

• Thanks 1

Image result for joaquin phoenix golden globe

See Phoenix picked up the Golden Globe for Best Actor last night. 

Usually a good indicator for the Oscar as 8 of the last 10 years the winner of this has picked up the Oscar as well.

• Like 1

Just a rumour at the moment but god do I hope their is some truth to this. Really wanted to see Bill in Thor 4 so was gutted when they announced they were going with Foster.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Colin Farrell Has Been Confirmed As The Penguin

Image result for colin farrell penguin

Still my Penguin 

Image result for danny devito

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TUF said:

Still my Penguin 

Image result for danny devito

Im still pissed that Timothy Spall lost all that weight he would have been damn near perfect for Cobblepot before. 

Related image

• Like 3

RUMOR: Marvel Studios May Have Gained Full Control Over Hulk and Namor

Image result for hulk namor

One of the biggest obstacles to the MCU was rights issues. Sony and Marvel were able to secure a deal for Spider-Man and recently regained the rights to the X-Men and Fantastic Four through Disney's acquisition of Fox. Now, rumors are floating around that Marvel might have gained full control over the Hulk and Namor as well.

MCU Cosmic posted the rumor, saying, "I've heard from someone very reliable that Marvel has gained full control of Hulk (and Namor) so those pesky distribution hurdles no longer exist."

Now obviously take all rumours with a grain of salt but MCU Cosmic has been right before.

This could explain why Namor has been pushed in so many mobile games recently. It also gives more weight to theories that Namor could show up in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Strange, Hulk and Namor have a long history together as all three were founding members of the original Defenders team.

MCU Cosmic also posed the theory that this could explain why Kevin Feige invited Mark Ruffalo to pitch ideas for The Hulk. If Marvel now has full control over the Hulk and Namor, the studio won't have to worry about the distribution rights with Universal. 

• Like 1

Joker Nominated For 11 Oscars 

Related image

With 11 Oscar nominations not only does it become the first DC film ever to be nominated for an Oscar, it also takes the title of most nominated comic book movie of all time.

Joker has become the most Oscar nominated comic book movie of all time after notching eleven nominations at the 92nd Academy Awards.

The total – which includes nods for Best Picture, Best Director for Todd Phillips and Best Actor for Joaquin Phoenix – sees it surpass the record set by Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight, which scored 8 nominations in 2009.

It is also the second year in a row that a film in the comic-book genre has been nominated for the top award, after Black Panther’s inclusion in the Best Picture category last time out.

In addition to the three nominations mentioned above, Joker also made the cut for Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Original Score and Best Cinematography.

It also did well in the technical categories, with nods for Best Makeup and Hairstyling, Best Costume Design, Best Film Editing, Best Sound Editing and Best Sound Mixing.

It remains to be seen how many of these nominations can be converted into wins – but it seems likely that it can count on at least one, with Phoenix currently the favourite in the acting category and Hildur Guðnadóttir’s score also being tipped.

Haven't been able to get into CW or even their Infinite Earths crossovers they're doing but have to tip my fedora for hiding something like this 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 3:34 PM, TUF said:

Haven't been able to get into CW or even their Infinite Earths crossovers they're doing but have to tip my fedora for hiding something like this 

Watched the entire crossover and it was quite cringy but there were some cool moments. The New Superman vs Brandon Routh Superman was nice and looked pretty good for a TV budget

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Watched the entire crossover and it was quite cringy but there were some cool moments. The New Superman vs Brandon Routh Superman was nice and looked pretty good for a TV budget

Their "ambition far exceeded their talent" Makes you wonder what they could have done with some writing and better budget. Like Routh tho

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Image result for you gotta be shitting me gif

God I hope this doesn't turn out to be true

Somebody should pull the Uno reverse card on them and explain that a gender-switch of Ezra Miller is still a man. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Almost forgot about this last night amidst the Groundhogs Day Cinematic Universe  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TUF said:

Almost forgot about this last night amidst the Groundhogs Day Cinematic Universe   

Falcon & Winter Soldier was my most anticipated but actually really looking forward to WandaVision after this. 

Second half of 2020 look like its gonna be good. 

Image may contain: 4 people, possible text that says 'THE FALCON WINTER SOLDIER AUGUST 2020 MANDALORIAN WandaVision OCTOBER 2020 DECEMBER 2020'

Also getting The Eternals on November 6th and Venom 2 on October 2nd

On 12/16/2019 at 8:17 PM, OmoGOAT said:

I was enjoying the season but imo it went off the rails at the end (and yes Dr M looked really really weird).

**********SPOILER BELOW*********

I don't understand how a being that knows the future, can teleport, make himself 100 feet tall and defeat an entire country in the Vietnam war, gets captured by a few truck loads of hillbillies, unless it was willingly.

If it was willingly, where was the big payoff and nifty twist on why he allowed his own capture... but he just dies, seemingly for no reason. Why couldn't he vaporize all the hillbillies, then teleport and vaporize lady trieu. 

Also thought the frozen squid bombardment, a really cool idea, was way too weak and inconsistent. One minute a squid is blowing right through LT's hand, bone and all, and the next minute they are fairly harmlessly bouncing off the cops. Thought they missed an opportunity to have and awesomely gory scene where the squids turn a few guys into swiss cheese.

And I disliked that Ozymandius got screwed after saving the world a second time.

Besides the Angela-Hooded Justice episode, the finale was the worst of the season.

I don't get it either. Someone said it was because you can't change the future - which is bs if you ask me. What exactly prevents you from doing things differently?

Don't know if that's what the writers thought.

Saw Birds of Prey.

Meh. Nothing special by any means.

Margot Robbie is still sexy as ****. Movie wasn't great, the sub cast wasn't great.

Fight scenes at least looked like they were from the comics, so that was ok.

It wont move the needle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

Saw Birds of Prey.

Margot Robbie is still sexy as ****. Movie wasn't great, the sub cast wasn't great.

It wont move the needle.

I haven't seen it but it's not doing well at the box office. I will watch it once I can rent it but never planned to see it in theaters. The trailers were not well done. 

I was talking to my mom today and somehow got on the topic of the Oscars. She said that she can't believe that Joker movie was nominated so many times because it was just weird. 

I asked why they watched that movie since it's not something they would normally watch. 

Her reply, "Your father rented it, he thought it was a comedy."

full

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Image result for joker oscar

Congrats to Phoenix 

On 2/9/2020 at 11:33 PM, MoZZez said:

Saw Birds of Prey.

It wont move the needle.

Going to see tonight but my expectations are not high. 

Image result for birds of prey

Well I went in and seen Birds of Prey last night and it seems like my concerns were correct. Movie is a mess from start to finish feels like they were trying to make a Harley Quinn movie, Birds of Prey movie, Gotham City Sirens movie the couldn't decide on which to go for and just squashed them all together and ended up with this.

Rating: 5/10, C-

Meh Bats vs Supes and Aquaman mashed up half a dozen major storylines. It felt fairly organic only having 2-3 this time. I enjoyed the tone of the movie. Had a bit of equal parts John Wick, Kill Bill, Deadpool feel and made a lot more sense having her throwing hands with mob types than what we got in Suicide Squad. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TUF said:

Meh Bats vs Supes and Aquaman mashed up half a dozen major storylines. It felt fairly organic only having 2-3 this time. I enjoyed the tone of the movie. Had a bit of equal parts John Wick, Kill Bill, Deadpool feel and made a lot more sense having her throwing hands with mob types than what we got in Suicide Squad. 

The only thing that bugged me was the title of the movie. They would’ve made a lot more money if it was called Harley Quinn & the Birds of Prey

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TUF said:

Yeah I can see what you mean I have always said whoever decided that you start this iteration of Batman & Superman with the Dark Knight Returns storyline was a moron, that should have been something after each of them had had two or three movies each. To expand on what I though the issues of this movie were. 

Firstly will start off with the good. 

• Robbie is a lot of fun as Quinn and Jurnee is really good as Black Canary 
  • The evidence room fight scene was really well done, some Jon Wick-esque moves but with a baseball bat was refreshing type of fight to see.
  • The visuals were cool it felt like a comic book brought to life. 

But the bad 

• Black Mask calling Dinah his "Pretty Bird"
  • Criminal under use of Harley's Hyena, seriously why introduce it if they never did anything with it?
  • The fact that to my knowledge literally every guy in the movie is a complete pos lol.
  • Montoya, nothing against the actress but this character felt really pointless for the most part, we don't see her crime solving skills, she seems to be the worst fighter and has no special skills unlike Dinah & Huntress. Just think you could have fleshed either of them out better if you had sacrificed her. Same goes for the actress playing Cassandra Cain, cant believe she had the third highest screen time.
  • Black Canary fainting after she screamed. Really? This was painfully obvious case of a director saying we need to take her out of the game.
  • Black Mask. Now I was not opposed to them killing him but the way it goes down just felt kind of like really? And maybe im alone in this but after watching the movie I genuinely have no idea why they even felt the need to call him Black Mask being as he wears one for all of 3 minutes in the movie. McGregor's character could have easily been just a random **** nightclub owner.
  • Like 2

Mask looks weird 

Edited by crangs

27 minutes ago, crangs said:

Mask looks weird 

Image result for daredevil batman mask

The consensus seems to be that it reminds everyone of Daredevil's mask from the Netflix show. (even the red lighting is similar to what they use in the intro)

• Like 1