Jolldan

All Things Marvel & DC Thread: First Look At Pattinson's Batsuit

[IMG]

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 9:15 PM, crangs said:

Ant Man movies possibly have the best hype to good film ratio of the mcu

I enjoyed both just thought the second lacked the same wonder that the first did and Ghost was a pants villain. Lucky Goggins was they're to save the day.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 9:37 PM, freddievanhalen3 said:

What did you think of Ms. Marvel?? I thought it was better than I expected it to be but thats not saying much

I forget but think there has been something like 21, 22 films now. I would put it smack bang in the middle. Its by no means terrible the action in it (what little there is) is great and Sam Jackson is a lot of fun in this. There was just a lot of generic origin story elements, a weird way they drip feed you her backstory that didn't really make sense to me and the fact Brie just isn't that likeable imo.

• Like 1

Angelina Jolie in Talks to Make Marvel Debut With 'The Eternals'

Image result for angelina jolie eternals

Angelina Jolie is getting ready to make her first foray into the world of superhero movies. 

The Oscar-winning actress is in talks to star in Marvel Studios' The Eternals, a superhero team adventure feature being directed by Chloe Zhao.

Jolie has chosen the Marvel project based on the Jack Kirby-created title about superpowered and near-immortal beings known as Eternals and a more monstrous offshoot known as the Deviants that were created by the cosmic beings called Celestials.

While details about the movie are being kept under wraps, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that one aspect to the story involves the love story between Ikaris, a man fueled by cosmic energy, and Sersi, who relishes moving amongst humans. It is unclear who Jolie will play. Marvel had no comment.

Zhao, an award-winning indie director behind the critical hits The Rider and Songs My Brothers Taught Me will helm from a script by Matthew and Ryan Firpo.

While this will be Jolie’s first superhero movie, it is not her first comic book movie— she starred in the 2007 adaptation of Mark Millar’s Wanted.

Avengers-Endgame-Ant-Man-Theory-Josh-Bro

Josh Brolin has a good sense of humor about the NSFW Avengers: Endgame fan theory. The idea popped up around the time of Infinity War and involves a shrunken Ant-Man diving into the Mad Titan's anus and then expanding, which would presumably instantly kill the villain once and for all. It's a pretty amazing theory, but Paul Rudd has claimed that he doesn't remember seeing that scenario in any of the bits of script that he was given. However, that has not stopped the theory from gaining traction again.

One clever Marvel Cinematic Universe fan took the Avengers: Endgame footage of a shrunken Ant-Man zipping through a mysterious battleground and merged it with the Time Stone footage from Infinity War when Thanos first acquires the Stone. It's pretty hilarious and actually works really well, seemingly getting better with every loop. With that being said, the latest clip works even better with a response from Josh Brolin that more than a few people probably won't want to see.

"The tension around what "Endgame" is going to bring. I can feel it, as you can see. Can you?

In response to what a few MCU fans are calling the "Thanus Meme," Josh Brolin, who plays the Mad Titan on the big screen, reposted a video of himself on the toilet from last year where he is trying to "flush Ant-Man." It's a bit on the graphic side, but it is also really funny and shows the good sense of humor that Brolin has about the fan theory involving his character's weird death theory. Ant-Man is more than likely not going to jump into Thanos' butt to kill the villain. Instead, he will probably be taking the rest of Earth's Mightiest Heroes and leading them through the Quantum Realm, which is probably a little more sanitary.

MCU fans are still trying to figure out exactly how Avengers: Endgame is going to pan out. The promotional material has started to recognize the victims of the Decimation, which is leading to theories about how they will make it back from the dustbin. By far the biggest theory out there, besides jumping into Thanos' butt, is the Quantum Realm and some sort of time travel to reverse the effects of the Decimation. The Russo Brothers along with screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely claim that fans have no idea what's going to hit them when the movie premieres.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2019 at 3:41 AM, Jolldan said:

I forget but think there has been something like 21, 22 films now. I would put it smack bang in the middle. Its by no means terrible the action in it (what little there is) is great and Sam Jackson is a lot of fun in this. There was just a lot of generic origin story elements, a weird way they drip feed you her backstory that didn't really make sense to me and the fact Brie just isn't that likeable imo.

Which ones were your least favorite?

9 hours ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

Which ones were your least favorite?

Iron Man 3 would probably take last place for me just for what they did to The Mandarin alone never mind everything else. After that I’m not really set on an order Iron Man 2 is just ok imo, Thor 2 isn’t the worst movie but the fact it introduced an infinity stone and wasn’t more memorable made it a bit of a let down for me, both Ant-Man & The Wasp and GOTG2 were also let downs for me compared to the first ones. Wouldn’t say I hate any of them though except for Iron Man 3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brunofr418 said:

tickets are on sale. all sites are down. 

Image result for hagrid i shouldn't have watched that

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Damn, Shazam was ****ing awesome. 10/10

Leaving in a few to see it. Will expect a full wolf ticket refund if poisoned

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

just stills of the joker movie have nearly got me watching the trailer but I'll refrain

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Damn, Shazam was ****ing awesome. 10/10

Can confirm.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Taste in movies still intact 

The cut scene was terribad and deflating but its my only complaint about the movie. Mrs TUF wanted no part of it after seeing the trailers but shut up when the movie got into it. The "Big" references and feel were great to. Its def up there. Will have to think about a new top 10.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TUF said:

The cut scene was terribad and deflating but its my only complaint about the movie. Mrs TUF wanted no part of it after seeing the trailers but shut up when the movie got into it. The "Big" references and feel were great to. Its def up there. Will have to think about a new top 10.

I like where DC is headed. Wonder Woman, Aquaman & Shazam were good/great and they have someone who realized Suicide Squad was terrible and needed to be rebooted right away. I’m excited to see what’s next.

• Like 2

Didn't realize The Rock produced Shazam but just read this.

"Those who know the comic books and the mythology of the comics of Shazam know that Shazam is connected to Black Adam. Black Adam is an anti-hero, or villain, who I cannot wait to play. I've been developing this, and it's been with me and my DNA for over 10 years now. We should start shooting that in about a year."

Apparently they're doing a Unbreakable/Split/Glass trilogy of sorts? Each getting their own origin story and then throwing hands in the trilogy. 10/10 would bang

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Image may contain: 2 people, text

Can't decide if Joaquin as Superboy was the best or worst casting I ever seened

• Like 2

Shazam Spoiler Review

Loved this movie, it was damn near perfect at times at blending that Big type story with a superhero one. Got to give big credit to whoever the writers (I imagine Levi had some input) were on this one because they really were the heart and soul of the movie.

The funny moments were none stop from the start with some of my personal highlights being

• Billy stealing the cop car & the cops lunch
  • The convenience store bit "Shoot him in the face!"
  • Them looking for a lair
  • The strip club bit nearly had me in tears both times. Especially the second time when his little sister is like "they have so much glitter" lol
  • The evil speech Shazam can't hear
  • Say my name "BILLY!"

The writers definitely get most of my props for the comedy but a huge amount of it has to go to Zachary Levi as well as I really bought that he was a kid in a man's body which I imagine with a lot of actors doing could just come off as really cheesy. His eye of the tiger while shooting lightning moment has the whole theatre in stitches. Freddy also had so many moments to shine comedically.

Strong is excellent as the villain and partnership with the seven deadly sins was really good. I don't know why but the CGI for the sins worked so much better than it did in Justice League or id maybe even say BvS and even though you couldn't necessary identify each sin I think they made for a fun addition to Strong's character. Especially how Envy stuck with him because he was envious of Billy being picked as champion.

Props to DC for changing Billy from the traditional "Superhero with dead parents" trope and just made it that he had parents that didn't want him which to be honest was even more sad.

Also props to the bullies those were some of the most hammy over the top bullies I have ever seen. They literally hit a disabled kid with their car then complained he'd scratched it lol spitting on babies. It was over the top for sure but suited this film.

The final fight was done really well in my opinion for a couple of reasons

1. I liked that Billy started to use changing as a power himself, I don't know much about Shazam but he did this a lot in the cartoons as a kid.
  2. The formation of the Marvel family. If you had told me at the start of this movie I was going to end up with basically 6 Shazam's I would have rolled my eyes and thought they were shoehorning in as much as possible but it wasn't it was a really cool moment that I didn't expect and when it came it only made that final fight better. Also liked how it seems like they all only got one individual power rather than the full set.

MID CREDITS SCENE 

Just a set up of the next movie with Sivana meeting Mr Mind (I had no idea what this was until looking it up)

AFTER CREDITS SCENE 

Just a gag about Aquaman was funny but ended up disappointed that we didn't get a little clip of The Rock as Black Adam.

Overall it manages to be both a really good superhero movie and a really good family movie 9/10

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 2

On 4/7/2019 at 12:36 PM, TUF said:

Yeah this was one of the few moments that let me down was really hoping to see a quick clip of The Rock as Black Adam.

Also proof for every good one we get we get one stinker if these reviews and rotten tomatoes score are anything to go by Hellboy is going to BOMB!

Hellboy is not good, to put it mildly - NY Post (0/4)

“The race for worst movie of the year is heating up. You could even say it’s hotter than hell, now that Hellboy has taken the lead.

“This awful, disgusting, unfunny, idiotically plotted comic book flick offends the senses as much as the rankest subway car on the hottest summer day. A fun-enough franchise back in the aughts, when it boasted future Oscar-winning director Guillermo del Toro, the new reboot has been turned into a sludge-colored Resident Evil wannabe by his successor Neil Marshall.”

David Harbour isn't as good as Ron Perlman, and neither are the rest of the cast - AV Club (C-)

“The sentimental father-son subplot is Hellboy at its most laughably absurd, highlighting the chasm between its script and its direction. Harbour, so endearing as Sheriff Hopper on Stranger Things, has none of the agreeable humor Ron Perlman brought to the character; as a result, his many quips go over like a fart in an elevator.

“The makeup is wearing him, to the extent that it takes a while to get used to his voice coming out of Hellboy’s body. Sasha Lane and Daniel Dae Kim’s supporting roles are similarly disjointed; both are fine characters with comic-book origins, but they’re shoehorned in so awkwardly that they feel superfluous. McShane glides by on how much everyone loves it when he says the word “****,” leaving Jovovich to give the most committed, and therefore the best, performance in the film.”

An overly long two hours - Time Out (1/5)

“It’s two hours long but feels like an eternity, lurching incoherently from one noisy set-piece to another.

“None of this is especially the fault of Hellboy himself (David Harbour from Stranger Things), who does what he can to inhabit the demon of Mike Mignola’s comic-book series with sardonic one-liners, grumpy likability and a sense of inner conflict. It is, however, the fault of just about everything else here, from the overstuffed script to a jarringly postmodern prelude set in 517 A.D. “It was known as the Dark Ages,” smirks the voiceover, “and for ****in’ good reason.”

Hellboy has no charm and even less character - Polygon (no rating)

“Hellboy is trying to do too much and say too much, but none of it is really what the movie needs. Crosby’s script attempts to cram half a dozen discrete Hellboy stories into a single film, with poor pacing and jagged structure. Marshall tries to make it a horror flick, a comedy, and an action blockbuster, turning out middling effort on all three counts. But the biggest problem with Hellboy is that it lacks any charm.”

Worse than Thor: The Dark World

so its gonna get a cult following for being so bad?

• Like 1

might go watch The killing joke again. That was a pretty good Joker origin story

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, crangs said:

so its gonna get a cult following for being so bad?

Im not sure if this is a jab at Del Torro's versions as well lol. I know his got a following because well it was Del Torro he usually draws in a decent fanbase and he did make a cool world for Hellboy.

But this sounds like its just really bad, not even funny bad, just straight up awful lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/7/2019 at 6:36 AM, TUF said:

Maybe something like this if you're doing single character origin stories. 

1. Deadpool

2. Ironman

3. Wonderwoman

4. Shazam

5. Dr Strange

6. Batman Begins

7. Captain America

8. Spiderman

9. Superman 

10. Black Panther by default cause putting Aquaman or Captain Marvel in a top 10 seems wrong

Gonna need them controversial Mauro rankings 

3 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Im not sure if this is a jab at Del Torro's versions as well lol. I know his got a following because well it was Del Torro he usually draws in a decent fanbase and he did make a cool world for Hellboy.

But this sounds like its just really bad, not even funny bad, just straight up awful lol.

as a stan of Howard the Duck I have no concept of what you are talking about

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Also proof for every good one we get we get one stinker if these reviews and rotten tomatoes score are anything to go by Hellboy is going to BOMB!

Hellboy is not good, to put it mildly - NY Post (0/4)

“The race for worst movie of the year is heating up. You could even say it’s hotter than hell, now that Hellboy has taken the lead.

“This awful, disgusting, unfunny, idiotically plotted comic book flick offends the senses as much as the rankest subway car on the hottest summer day. A fun-enough franchise back in the aughts, when it boasted future Oscar-winning director Guillermo del Toro, the new reboot has been turned into a sludge-colored Resident Evil wannabe by his successor Neil Marshall.”

David Harbour isn't as good as Ron Perlman, and neither are the rest of the cast - AV Club (C-)

“The sentimental father-son subplot is Hellboy at its most laughably absurd, highlighting the chasm between its script and its direction. Harbour, so endearing as Sheriff Hopper on Stranger Things, has none of the agreeable humor Ron Perlman brought to the character; as a result, his many quips go over like a fart in an elevator.

“The makeup is wearing him, to the extent that it takes a while to get used to his voice coming out of Hellboy’s body. Sasha Lane and Daniel Dae Kim’s supporting roles are similarly disjointed; both are fine characters with comic-book origins, but they’re shoehorned in so awkwardly that they feel superfluous. McShane glides by on how much everyone loves it when he says the word “****,” leaving Jovovich to give the most committed, and therefore the best, performance in the film.”

An overly long two hours - Time Out (1/5)

“It’s two hours long but feels like an eternity, lurching incoherently from one noisy set-piece to another.

“None of this is especially the fault of Hellboy himself (David Harbour from Stranger Things), who does what he can to inhabit the demon of Mike Mignola’s comic-book series with sardonic one-liners, grumpy likability and a sense of inner conflict. It is, however, the fault of just about everything else here, from the overstuffed script to a jarringly postmodern prelude set in 517 A.D. “It was known as the Dark Ages,” smirks the voiceover, “and for ****in’ good reason.”

Hellboy has no charm and even less character - Polygon (no rating)

“Hellboy is trying to do too much and say too much, but none of it is really what the movie needs. Crosby’s script attempts to cram half a dozen discrete Hellboy stories into a single film, with poor pacing and jagged structure. Marshall tries to make it a horror flick, a comedy, and an action blockbuster, turning out middling effort on all three counts. But the biggest problem with Hellboy is that it lacks any charm.”

Worse than Thor: The Dark World

Prob true that this movie blo ws but gonna have to check if these critics are the same ones that gave black panther a high rating. hmmmmmm

• Like 2

Looking at the first critic johnny oleneski from the NY post(LOL cringe)...he LOVES black panther(rated it 3.5/4) AND he loves The Last Jedi so much that he wrote a article basically prasing both of these heaping piles of chit LOL........?‍♂️?

https://nypost.com/2018/02/21/why-black-panther-will-probably-beat-the-last-jedi/

Edited by VertFTW
  • Like 1

Thought twice about posting this, as to be honest I will likely inspire a few to go looking, but here goes anyway...

Endgame has had a footage leak... DO NOT WATCH

its a 5min video, not a concurrent scene, but pretty much 10 sec clips from major scenes in the movie taken on a mobile phone. No lie, it is a movie destroyer, no question about it. I was up for a peek at the movie, couldnt stop once it started, and kind of feel sick. I could lay down a pretty solid synopsis at this point. Avoid spoilers they will be everywhere!

• Haha 1

James Cameron must have known Avatar was finally going to take a thick L from Endgame next week and he leaked the movie. I may have to go dark until then to avoid this onslaught of leaks. 

• Like 2

end game ticket booked for next Thursday afternoon when I finish work.  Have no regrats going on my own.  Might have to stram captain SJW this weekend though just to make sure there are no gaps in my marvel bidness

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, crangs said:

end game ticket booked for next Thursday afternoon when I finish work.  Have no regrats going on my own.  Might have to stram captain SJW this weekend though just to make sure there are no gaps in my marvel bidness

I watched captain marvel on my own, which at least saved me explaining to the missus for the 8th time why I'm staying for the credits...

• Like 3

Captain SJW wasnt the worst but it wasnt great either

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crangs said:

Captain SJW wasnt the worst but it wasnt great either

It passed the time. Whetted the appetite nicely. 

Rocksteady’s New DC Comics Game Rumoured To Be Shown This Friday

Image result for rocksteady outlaws

The rumour mills are in full force at the moment, and according to various sources a big reveal is on the cards. The long rumoured  DC Comics game by Rocksteady will be shortly revealed. A post on Resetera and a few tweets point to Warner Brothers revealing it on Twitter and Instagram imminently.

A full trailer reveal will then go live on Friday 26th April. Not long to wait then and we are unquestionably excited.

This made me laugh... for the full immersive experience when watching endgame, book two tickets and empty the contents of a vacuum cleaner bag on the seat next to you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Just got back from Avengers: Endgame. Won't post any spoilers or hints because I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy. Just came here to brag about it

The fora's gonna need that non-spoiler review mate. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, TUF said:

The fora's gonna need that non-spoiler review mate. 

I'll write my non-spoiler review in white, so it's harder for people to see

This movie was possibly the most EPIC thing these eyes have seen. It wasn't as solid a narrative as Civil War, for example, but it was glorious and reeeeally epic in other ways.

Story 9/10

Comic book moments 11/10

Visuals 10/10

I can't wait for you all to watch it so we can discuss it freely

3 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

I'll write my non-spoiler review in white, so it's harder for people to see

This movie was possibly the most EPIC thing these eyes have seen. It wasn't as solid a narrative as Civil War, for example, but it was glorious and reeeeally epic in other ways.

Story 9/10

Comic book moments 11/10

Visuals 10/10

I can't wait for you all to watch it so we can discuss it freely

How I felt deciphering your secrets

Image result for nicolas cage national treasure

• Haha 3