Jolldan

All Things Marvel & DC Thread: First Look At Pattinson's Batsuit

5 minutes ago, TUF said:

They better not kill Taskmaster in the chittiest origin movie. 

same....but the fact that we think it's even a possibility is scary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jolldan said:

the Buffer spiderman really makes it shine, lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Daredevil in Spider-Man 3 Rumour 

Image result for daredevil spider man 3

"I heard another piece of good f-ckin' news," Smith said on his FatMan Beyond podcast. "Did you hear that Spider-Man, the new Spider-Man movie, gonna have a lawyer in it? Charlie Cox, they're bringing in as Matt Murdock. That's been the rumor online and they say that's like the one that like Marvel's like god damn it how did that get out?"

Image result for praying gif

• Like 1

smh

https://variety.com/2020/film/box-office/black-widow-release-coronavirus-1203532996/

Hoping Black Widow/Disney goes the way of Universal and releases these movies for rental like they're doing with "Hunt" and others. Instead of pushing them back a year like Fast and Furious. Would gladly pay the $20 they're asking. Apparently it has tie ins with future Marvel movies so pushing it back means pushing everything back.

• Like 1

Been seeing a few of these around with March Madness canceled. Not sure how they came up with these rankings but I wonder if this hillbilly forum could put their affinity for guns aside to pick an unbiased winner. 

Image result for marvel march madness bracket

Since most of the first round is pretty obvious, I'll skip to the 3rd round and say 

Vision beats Antman 

Dr. Strange beats Thor

Captain Marvel beats Black Panther

War Machine blacks Iron Man

Vision beats Dr. Strange in the Final Four

Captain SJW beats War Machine 

Vision beats Captain SJW

Hard to know with how inconsistent their powers were over the Ultron - Civil War - Infinity War - End Game arc but judging that off how OP Vision was in Ultron and Civil War before he got nerfed in Infinity War. lol at Black Widow being a #2 seed.

1 hour ago, TUF said:

Since most of the first round is pretty obvious, I'll skip to the 3rd round and say 

Vision beats Antman 

Dr. Strange beats Thor

Captain Marvel beats Black Panther

War Machine blacks Iron Man

Vision beats Dr. Strange in the Final Four

Captain SJW beats War Machine 

Vision beats Captain SJW

Hard to know with how inconsistent their powers were over the Ultron - Civil War - Infinity War - End Game arc but judging that off how OP Vision was in Ultron and Civil War before he got nerfed in Infinity War. lol at Black Widow being a #2 seed.

Agree with all expect War Machine over Iron Man, Rhodey's armour was Mark IV or Mark V, Mark VI at best. Tony was Mark L and his suit had tanked shots from the power stone. 

Image result for iron man power stone gif

Vision definitely stomps Captain SJW, his phasing is still one of the most stupid OP powers I have seen them introduce. 

Image result for vision phasing hawkeye gif

8 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Agree with all expect War Machine over Iron Man, Rhodey's armour was Mark IV or Mark V, Mark VI at best. Tony was Mark L and his suit had tanked shots from the power stone. 

Image result for iron man power stone gif

Vision definitely stomps Captain SJW, his phasing is still one of the most stupid OP powers I have seen them introduce. 

Image result for vision phasing hawkeye gif

Yea Rhodey vs IM was a wash so the blacksplosiveness was the edge for me but forgot how OP Tony's suit was in Infinity War. Not sure I'll ever forgive Infinity War for nerfing Wanda and Vision to the point where they had to get saved by Cap, Falcon, and Black Widow. Even without phasing, I think Vision would still be too much for any of the team outside of maybe Captain SJW. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TUF said:

Yea Rhodey vs IM was a wash so the blacksplosiveness was the edge for me but forgot how OP Tony's suit was in Infinity War. Not sure I'll ever forgive Infinity War for nerfing Wanda and Vision to the point where they had to get saved by Cap, Falcon, and Black Widow. Even without phasing, I think Vision would still be too much for any of the team outside of maybe Captain SJW. 

Yeah I honestly don't think the Russo's ever really knew what to do with Wanda or Vision they probably didn't really want them as they inherited them from Whedon and were told they can't kill them off. 

Don't get me wrong the Russo's have made some of the best Marvel movies: Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame but they did struggle to make those two feel like they mattered mostly. Except maybe Wanda in Civil War.

But hell Whedon nearly gave us a Captain Marvel I could have gotten behind (and would have liked to??)

Image result for age of ultron deleted scene captain marvel

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jolldan said:

Yeah I honestly don't think the Russo's ever really knew what to do with Wanda or Vision they probably didn't really want them as they inherited them from Whedon and were told they can't kill them off. 

Don't get me wrong the Russo's have made some of the best Marvel movies: Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame but they did struggle to make those two feel like they mattered mostly. Except maybe Wanda in Civil War.

But hell Whedon nearly gave us a Captain Marvel I could have gotten behind (and would have liked to??)

Image result for age of ultron deleted scene captain marvel

After a rewatch, I blame the script and direction more than Larson herself although her interviews didn't help. I'm basically behind her or anyone now on account of it not being Rousey. I'm confused on the direction they're taking phase 4. Seems like they're going a bit grounded if it's true they're assembling the Thunderbolts.

Though I think long term they'll weed out the Falcons, Hawkeyes, Spidermans and go more cosmic with the likes of Wanda, Captain Marvel, the Eternals, maybe Thor and Vision taking on somebody like Galactus. It just doesn't work anymore with Hawkeye and Captain Marvel throwing hands on the same battle field. Especially with the Eternals coming in who are basically gods. 

11 minutes ago, TUF said:

After a rewatch, I blame the script and direction more than Larson herself although her interviews didn't help. I'm basically behind her or anyone now on account of it not being Rousey. I'm confused on the direction they're taking phase 4. Seems like they're going a bit grounded if it's true they're assembling the Thunderbolts. 

Though I think long term they'll weed out the Falcons, Hawkeyes, Spidermans and go more cosmic with the likes of Wanda, Captain Marvel, the Eternals, maybe Thor and Vision taking on somebody like Galactus. It just doesn't work anymore with Hawkeye and Captain Marvel throwing hands on the same battle field. Especially with the Eternals coming in who are basically gods. 

Yeah before this movie I had little to know opinion on her had seen her in before was Kong and she seemed solid in that but CM just fell really flat for me. Like you say I don't think that's mainly her fault it just felt like a very by the numbers superhero origin movie and you need to be special if you're gonna stand out doing that after so many.

Yeah I have also heard the rumour's of Thunderbolts as well like you say it does seem odd especially after Feige himself said that phase 4 will lean more in to the cosmic side of things. Hopefully they can work out a deal with Universal so we could get William Hurt going Red Hulk but yeah don't know how they will be much of a threat. Hope they don't kill of Taskmaster though just from the trailers he looks like he's gonna be sick.

Still keeping fingers crossed for Silver Surfer & Galactus phase 5.

Image result for crossed fingers gif

• Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 11:24 AM, Jolldan said:

Yeah before this movie I had little to know opinion on her had seen her in before was Kong and she seemed solid in that but CM just fell really flat for me. Like you say I don't think that's mainly her fault it just felt like a very by the numbers superhero origin movie and you need to be special if you're gonna stand out doing that after so many.

Yeah I have also heard the rumour's of Thunderbolts as well like you say it does seem odd especially after Feige himself said that phase 4 will lean more in to the cosmic side of things. Hopefully they can work out a deal with Universal so we could get William Hurt going Red Hulk but yeah don't know how they will be much of a threat. Hope they don't kill of Taskmaster though just from the trailers he looks like he's gonna be sick.

Still keeping fingers crossed for Silver Surfer & Galactus phase 5.

Image result for crossed fingers gif

Black Panther and CM were just too hyped up by SJWs. I imagine these Disney plus shows are just respectful ways for Disney to write off a lot of characters that dont fit in going forward. To be fair, an archer made it about 20 films longer than he should have. 

My only request would be they fix Hulk so they can introduce Wolverine the way they did in the comics

hulk-181-facsimile-.thumb.png.09eb5771fc2eb55d90ce373d531074ef.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TUF said:

Black Panther and CM were just too hyped up by SJWs. I imagine these Disney plus shows are just respectful ways for Disney to write off a lot of characters that dont fit in going forward. To be fair, an archer made it about 20 films longer than he should have. 

My only request would be they fix Hulk so they can introduce Wolverine the way they did in the comics 

hulk-181-facsimile-.thumb.png.09eb5771fc2eb55d90ce373d531074ef.png

I honestly didn't mind Black Panther, I was just of the opinion it wasn't the greatest superhero movie of all time that many were floating the idea of. Still think Wakanda vs. Atlantis for the sequel would be awesome, cool to see Earth's two most advanced societies go at it. 

Think you are half right they likely want to right Renner out but think they are looking to establish the young avengers.

Hawkeye's daughter Kate Bishop has already been introduced and she's a young avengers member. Same as Cassie Lang who's been introduced now as well (and I bet will get a similar show after Ant-Man 3). Definitely need to introduce some younger dudes to have on the team though as few younger male characters to take up the mantle and I doubt they will include Blade or Moon Knight as I think they'd be too old and gritty. Means we might get Kang as the next big bad though. 

Image result for kate bishop cassie lang

Wouldn't be surprised if they even add She-Hulk to it since she's getting her own show and they could cast her on the young side at around 25. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

I honestly didn't mind Black Panther, I was just of the opinion it wasn't the greatest superhero movie of all time that many were floating the idea of. Still think Wakanda vs. Atlantis for the sequel would be awesome, cool to see Earth's two most advanced societies go at it. 

Think you are half right they likely want to right Renner out but think they are looking to establish the young avengers.

Hawkeye's daughter Kate Bishop has already been introduced and she's a young avengers member. Same as Cassie Lang who's been introduced now as well (and I bet will get a similar show after Ant-Man 3). Definitely need to introduce some younger dudes to have on the team though as few younger male characters to take up the mantle and I doubt they will include Blade or Moon Knight as I think they'd be too old and gritty. Means we might get Kang as the next big bad though. 

Image result for kate bishop cassie lang

Wouldn't be surprised if they even add She-Hulk to it since she's getting her own show and they could cast her on the young side at around 25. 

True. Just gets a bit crowded with a 2nd gen Hawkeye and Antman when you remember Deadpool, Fantastic 4, and the XMen are on deck. I think their torch passing will be more ceremonial. I dont expect either daughter to play much of a role. 

Also, hopefully Covid 19 delays Silver Surfer indefinitely.

19 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Bloodshot is a pretty bad movie. I had higher hopes for it even though it's a Vin Diesel movie. 

Does he at least say family every second scene? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reckon you will see Ezra Miller dropped a the DCU Flash after this video has surfaced of him making a bish **** attempt at a chokeslam on a female fan. Especially in today’s cancel culture climate I’m suprised people haven't already demanded he be blood eagled in the town square. 

4 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Reckon you will see Ezra Miller dropped a the DCU Flash after this video has surfaced of him making a bish **** attempt at a chokeslam on a female fan. Especially in today’s cancel culture climate I’m suprised people haven't already demanded he be blood eagled in the town square. 

when you're career is over in a flash

32 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

I'm conflicted. In part for my hate of Ezra Miller but just read they cut the first 10 seconds of the video where she was taunting him to fight. Hopefully they both get corona. 

• Like 2

So since I’m stuck at home I thought now would be a good time to show my aunt all the Marvel movies. She’s loved them so far and really cool to see her reaction to them as she said the only superhero movie she had ever seen previously was the original Superman. Just gutted she’s team Cap over Iron Man so far😂

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

So since I’m stuck at home I thought now would be a good time to show my aunt all the Marvel movies. She’s loved them so far and really cool to see her reaction to them as she said the only superhero movie she had ever seen previously was the original Superman. Just gutted she’s team Cap over Iron Man so far😂

She's a woman of culture

• Like 1

Maybe the first thing that's made my peter tingle in the post-Endgame era

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1131363-exclusive-sam-raimi-on-coincidental-spider-man-2-doctor-strange-reference

Sam Raimi coming back to direct DS2. So it sounds like Tobey and Tom Holland will both be coming back as Spiderman. There's even a Dr Strange reference in Spiderman 2

Just saw a vid of the dude that plays black panther, looks like hes got cancer or something, dude needs a big mac or 12

• Like 2

Rumours that Amber Heard will be getting dropped as Mera for Aquaman 2 after new audio concerning her and Depp came out. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Rumours that Amber Heard will be getting dropped as Mera for Aquaman 2 after new audio concerning her and Depp came out. 

Should just retcon the character and somehow give Depp the side role.

• Like 3

GOTG2 done tonight, my aunty seems to love the Guardians movies and I actually enjoyed it more than I remember myself on a rewatch. Since I’m about two thirds of the way through the MCU movies with her I’m thinking on what to start next with her, think I’m gonna go for either the Nolan Batman’s or  the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and just skip On Stranger Tides but open to suggestions? 

11 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

GOTG2 done tonight, my aunty seems to love the Guardians movies and I actually enjoyed it more than I remember myself on a rewatch. Since I’m about two thirds of the way through the MCU movies with her I’m thinking on what to start next with her, think I’m gonna go for either the Nolan Batman’s or  the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and just skip On Stranger Tides but open to suggestions? 

Maybe Fantanstic 4. Gave it a rewatch for the first time in 15 years last night and was more enjoyable than I remember. The Silver Surfer sequel never happened tho.

And my bad hot take: I liked GotG2 more than the original. 

Edited by TUF
  • Like 1

So it was Infinity War tonight, she was hooked the whole way through and said she loved it and said she never expected the ending, had to tell her we had a few more movies to go as she thought that was it lol. Not looking forward to the next two days as much with AntMan 2 & Captain Marvel up next. 

On 4/24/2020 at 1:13 AM, TUF said:

Maybe Fantanstic 4. Gave it a rewatch for the first time in 15 years last night and was more enjoyable than I remember. The Silver Surfer sequel never happened tho.

And my bad hot take: I liked GotG2 more than the original. 

Yeah the first is by far the best live action attempt (I know that’s a low bar) and I enjoyed it enough just wish they’d done more with Doom. Will never forgive them for waisting Fishbourne’s voice as Silver Surfer and turning Galactus in to a frigging cloud. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jolldan said:

So it was Infinity War tonight, she was hooked the whole way through and said she loved it and said she never expected the ending, had to tell her we had a few more movies to go as she thought that was it lol. Not looking forward to the next two days as much with AntMan 2 & Captain Marvel up next. 

Yeah the first is by far the best live action attempt (I know that’s a low bar) and I enjoyed it enough just wish they’d done more with Doom. Will never forgive them for waisting Fishbourne’s voice as Silver Surfer and turning Galactus in to a frigging cloud. 

Apparently 2007 TUF had better taste in movies than present day TUF. Just gave Silver Surfer a rewatch and im ashamed to say i enjoyed. Please bury this before NoCakes sees.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 4/28/2020 at 2:02 AM, TUF said:

Apparently 2007 TUF had better taste in movies than present day TUF. Just gave Silver Surfer a rewatch and im ashamed to say i enjoyed. Please bury this before NoCakes sees.

Mate it took a forum deep dive due to a boring work webinar for me to see this post. I don't really remember them, but doesn't that movie have a prime Jessica Alba in it? I would watch just about anything for that lol, no hate here. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

Mate it took a forum deep dive due to a boring work webinar for me to see this post. I don't really remember them, but doesn't that movie have a prime Jessica Alba in it? I would watch just about anything for that lol, no hate here. 

Indeed but im surprised the movie was never protested by casting the hawtest wommins in Hollywood and then making her invisible half the movie. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The effects would have let it down in the 90s however this cast would have been pure fire. 

6E70F87B-9D7B-425E-BBF0-6A23329E8C67.thumb.jpeg.8a4f4f5b7b28f027eb75a785db3bcb3e.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

LED display came in this week. 5 more to go and the wall is going up this month. 

f6zvtSs.jpg

SQ9U00u.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Finally got round to watching Into The Spiderverse tonight can see why it got so much hype. Between the humour and the animation style it was a lot of fun from start to finish. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Picked up the first appearance of Shang Chi on the cheap last night

s-l1600.jpg

• Thanks 1

There are 3 possible outcomes and they're all equally hilarious with the Snyder Cut now being released. 

1) It's much better than the theatrical version. 

2) It's turrible and the only one happy about it is Joss Whedon

3) It's just slightly debatably better or worse than the theatrical version and the war continues. 

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/zack-snyder-release-the-snyder-cut-justice-league-hbo-max-1234611928/

• Like 3

In news nobody cares about Ruby Rose quits Batwoman after one season.

Show says they will recast and move forward with season two.

Tried to watch but only made it maybe half way

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TUF said:

There are 3 possible outcomes and they're all equally hilarious with the Snyder Cut now being released. 

1) It's much better than the theatrical version. 

2) It's turrible and the only one happy about it is Joss Whedon

3) It's just slightly debatably better or worse than the theatrical version and the war continues. 

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/zack-snyder-release-the-snyder-cut-justice-league-hbo-max-1234611928/

I know this makes me a bad person but I really hope it's EVEN WORSE just for the chaos. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

I know this makes me a bad person but I really hope it's EVEN WORSE just for the chaos. 

The funny thing is, that would rustle a lot of jimmies, and still be the least chaotic outcome. If its a lot better, some people may actually lose their job. If its debatably better/worse, the chaos will never end. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2