Jolldan

All Things Marvel & DC Thread: First Look At Pattinson's Batsuit

4 hours ago, gadgets19 said:

I guess not being up to date is a good thing.
While I know the name Taskmaster I didn't know the mythos.

Didn't mind it as much as everyone else.
Didn't even put the age thing together until POTUF mentioned it.

In the comics he's always been sort of comparable to Deadpool. Wise cracking. Male, loner.

So naturally Marvel would make him a mute, female, slave.... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Imma just say it. That Loki finale was dog water. 

• Like 1

Now that Loki is finished What If? is next.

I like the what if premise in many things so I am anticipating this series.

Aug 11 start date 10 episodes

3 minutes ago, gadgets19 said:

Now that Loki is finished What If? is next.

I like the what if premise in many things so I am anticipating this series.

Aug 11 start date 10 episodes

Gonna sit this one out. If it had some kind of multiverse tie in with phase 4, I would be on board but I've already reached my woke quota for phase 4 with them making my 2 favorite villains a woman or a bisexual man, without having to watch them making Captain America a woman. 

Drake Ill Pass - Caption | Meme Generator

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, POTUF said:

If it had some kind of multiverse tie in with phase 4, I would be on board an. 

image.png.0c6e589a30d8fcce622c568b9351fde4.png

Wiki is always accurate but it looks like connection with phase 4.

I will keep you up to date with the woke meter.

Black is king on Disney, anybody seen previews? | TigerDroppings.com

I draw the line at gay Hulk.  We shall see.

10 hours ago, gadgets19 said:

image.png.0c6e589a30d8fcce622c568b9351fde4.png

Wiki is always accurate but it looks like connection with phase 4.

I will keep you up to date with the woke meter.

Black is king on Disney, anybody seen previews? | TigerDroppings.com

I draw the line at gay Hulk.  We shall see.

Its coming out DURING Phase 4 but no chance will Marvel let an animated show on a streaming service have significant effect on the overall MCU or Phase 4. If these were multiverse tie ins, it would be cool, but these are all just one-offs.

• Like 1

Battling to get the missus to the end of phase 3 of the MCU.  We had a month off as "they're all the same" (fair point), got back on the road with Dr Strange last night. She always tends to like origin movies more because there's "less super-hero stuff".

Sadly, after painstakingly watching all end/mid credit scenes, creating a kind of Pavlov-esque response whenever someone says "infinity stones" and going over all major plot lines repeatedly, when Wong casually drops in that the time stone is an infinity stone, the initial response was "is that something to do with the flying coat?"

The struggle is real...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Battling to get the missus to the end of phase 3 of the MCU.  We had a month off as "they're all the same" (fair point), got back on the road with Dr Strange last night. She always tends to like origin movies more because there's "less super-hero stuff".

Sadly, after painstakingly watching all end/mid credit scenes, creating a kind of Pavlov-esque response whenever someone says "infinity stones" and going over all major plot lines repeatedly, when Wong casually drops in that the time stone is an infinity stone, the initial response was "is that something to do with the flying coat?"

The struggle is real...

Haha the disrespect

7 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

The struggle is real...

tenor.gif?itemid=5018698

• Like 1

Checked out Masters of the Wokeiverse this weekend. 5 out of the 10 episodes were released. 

Fans are crushing the show for advertising He-Man on everything, having him only be in 5 minutes of the series, and then having a mostly female cast so far. 

Kevin Smith doesn't understand why fans would be mad. But halfway through its all about Teela even though he said it wouldn't be when the story was leaked. 

Masters-of-the-Universe-Revelation-Poste

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Checked out Masters of the Wokeiverse this weekend. 5 out of the 10 episodes were released. 

Fans are crushing the show for advertising He-Man on everything, having him only be in 5 minutes of the series, and then having a mostly female cast so far. 

Kevin Smith doesn't understand why fans would be mad. But halfway through its all about Teela even though he said it wouldn't be when the story was leaked. 

Masters-of-the-Universe-Revelation-Poste

Guy is mostly a hack. Glad he's getting roasted. 

8 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Went looking for the Smith vitriol.

Wasn't as bad as I expected.

He's saying Mattel wouldn't do a He-man show and hire him to do a He-man show without He-man in it.

While he does have a small point, did he actually think halfway through a season of HE-MAN and HE-MAN has barely any screen time that no one would have an issue!?

Remember when Solo made almost a billion and people were saying it flopped so hard it could kill the frachise but Black Widow has grossed less than 300 million between streaming and theaters. 

Compared to the 3 billion they made on Endgame. So 1/10th of people paid to see Black Widow. Im keeping my thoughts and prayers after they massacred my boy Task Master and are jewing Scarlet Johansen.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 12:43 PM, POTUF said:

Remember when Solo made almost a billion and people were saying it flopped so hard it could kill the frachise but Black Widow has grossed less than 300 million between streaming and theaters. 

Compared to the 3 billion they made on Endgame. So 1/10th of people paid to see Black Widow. Im keeping my thoughts and prayers after they massacred my boy Task Master and are jewing Scarlet Johansen.

why make a movie about a character that died in Endgame? Just to introduce new characters?  

20 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

why make a movie about a character that died in Endgame? Just to introduce new characters?  

I don't think Black Widow or Solo needed to be told but I enjoyed them both and neither did much to further the franchises

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, POTUF said:

I don't think Black Widow or Solo needed to be told but I enjoyed them both and neither did much to further the franchises

at least SOLO is a beloved character and seeing a movie on how he got started was interesting (at least in concept)...the movie was somewhat enjoyable....who gives a fook about black widow tho?

I could watch another SOLO movie as well

Edited by SVTContour98
  • Like 3

Batman - The Long Halloween Part 2

I liked Part 2 better than Part 1

Figured out the twist early on so just sat back and watched.

More villains in general and a few just briefly.

End credits scene made me chuckle

image.jpeg.f9e847c180a9fdbba2f1b0e26832939c.jpeg

Non spoiler review of Suicide Squad v2

Thought it was a smidge overhyped. Good movie but not great. Liked the action and the unusual villain but felt weirdly paced, at times. 8/10

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Non spoiler review of Suicide Squad v2

Reveal hidden contents

Thought it was a smidge overhyped. Good movie but not great. Liked the action and the unusual villain but felt weirdly paced, at times. 8/10

I just watched it today and felt the same. Better than the original 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

I just watched it today and felt the same. Better than the original 

The first Suicide Squad was the WORST movie I've ever seen in a theater. Wanted to quit halfway through

• Like 2

HUGE night tonight; Mrs Sparks and I will be watching Infinity Wars together after ploughing through all previous MCU films (minus Black Panther because I really don't care).

I've been doing a painstaking pre-brief and de-brief of each film to make sure that she benefited both from each individual film and the beautiful tapestry that is woven before us.  I thought this was going surprisingly well until I explained the appearance of the huge ship at the end of Ragnarok and was asked "Wait a minute, who's Thanos; is that Jeff Goldblum?"

Suspect it could take a good 5 hours to get through Infinity Wars....

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

HUGE night tonight; Mrs Sparks and I will be watching Infinity Wars together after ploughing through all previous MCU films (minus Black Panther because I really don't care).

I've been doing a painstaking pre-brief and de-brief of each film to make sure that she benefited both from each individual film and the beautiful tapestry that is woven before us.  I thought this was going surprisingly well until I explained the appearance of the huge ship at the end of Ragnarok and was asked "Wait a minute, who's Thanos; is that Jeff Goldblum?"

Suspect it could take a good 5 hours to get through Infinity Wars....

CONFIRMED RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

CONFIRMED RACIST!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Bubba was turning heel after all these years when he said he was going to watch Infinity War after ploughing. After a quick re-read, i realized i was mistaken and that he was in fact turning heel because of his deep seeded racism instead. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

meteor ASAP

Batman’s sidekick Robin explores his sexuality in new comic

He's always been ghey, what is there to explore?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, juice64011 said:

He's always been ghey, what is there to explore?

How far down the batcave he went will be the next comic.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Suicide square 2 was pretty good....one thing to take away from it is how bad will Smith dragged the first movie down....second is they reduced margot Robbie to the point its watchable now...kudos to James gunn...no wokeness just a decent movie 

• Like 1

Saw Suicide 2 today.

Wasn't bad. Glad they killed off the ones they did, especially early.

Margot played Harley well again and James Gunn had a decent script and added his spin to things.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 11:05 PM, VertFTW said:

Suicide square 2 was pretty good....one thing to take away from it is how bad will Smith dragged the first movie down....second is they reduced margot Robbie to the point its watchable now...kudos to James gunn...no wokeness just a decent movie 

This part is actually a big factor that I forgot to mention in my review. Was a breath of fresh air

On 7/16/2021 at 1:21 PM, POTUF said:

Gonna sit this one out. If it had some kind of multiverse tie in with phase 4, I would be on board but I've already reached my woke quota for phase 4 with them making my 2 favorite villains a woman or a bisexual man, without having to watch them making Captain America a woman. 

1/3 done.  Episodes rank 3>2>1 not even close

8 hours ago, gadgets19 said:

1/3 done.  Episodes rank 3>2>1 not even close

Is it recommended?

5 hours ago, POTUF said:

Is it recommended?

If you are on the fence episode 1 isn't going to help.

Nothing more than a retelling of the origin story of Cap.  Instead Peggy Carter instead of Steve Rogers.  Other than that nothing new.

Episode 2 is a bit better

Instead of Star Lord being Peter Quill instead it is T'Challa.  Again not a lot of difference from the original but a better watch than ep 1.

Episode 3 started what I was hoping for.  More What ifness..

Fury trying to assemble Avengers.  Except they keep getting killed and no one can figure out why.  I was into the whodunnit.  Ending/reveal was a bit weak and you have to accept the circumstances compared to "our" version of characters.  But the what ifness of this episode is what I was looking for and will continue watching, at 30 min max length not a great time commit.

• Like 1

Based on the internet reaction, i might be the only one that thinks this looks kinda terrible

• Like 1

1 hour ago, POTUF said:

Based on the internet reaction, i might be the only one that thinks this looks kinda terrible

Seems like a cookie cutter Marvel movie. They are getting stale tbh. 

A Hawkeye movie should not be a comedy. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Seems like a cookie cutter Marvel movie. They are getting stale tbh. 

A Hawkeye movie should not be a comedy. 

They should have taken note from Iron Man 3. Not everybody can be Die Hard and pull off the Christmas shooter movie. 

• Like 2

I fail at spoilers.  Despite using without issue 5 posts before.

So if you care read at own risk.

2/3 done What If?

Episode 4

Doctor Strange - I'm meh over the character and movies.
This has the most drama of the 4 eps.
So far my #1.

Episode 5

Zombies!!! Finally!
I am disappointed.
Way too cute not enough grit.

Episode 6

Tony Stark doesn't become Iron Man.
Not bad, again not really gritty.

So far this has been a YA type of series.
Just enough drama/grit but still not really scary/real/action.
I am slightly down on the season.
3 more to go.

Edited by gadgets19

12 hours ago, gadgets19 said:

I fail at spoilers.  Despite using without issue 5 posts before.

So if you care read at own risk.

2/3 done What If?

Episode 4

Doctor Strange - I'm meh over the character and movies.
This has the most drama of the 4 eps.
So far my #1.

Episode 5

Zombies!!! Finally!
I am disappointed.
Way too cute not enough grit.

Episode 6

Tony Stark doesn't become Iron Man.
Not bad, again not really gritty.

So far this has been a YA type of series.
Just enough drama/grit but still not really scary/real/action.
I am slightly down on the season.
3 more to go.

How dare you

• Haha 2