Jolldan

What's Next For UFC Halifax Fight Night Winner's?

Derrick Lewis - Black Beast collected his sixth ufc win in a row last night against a diminished Browne. He's getting to that point where he really needs to be getting tested against the best of the best because half of the guys he's beaten in this run aren't exactly world beaters (Pesta, Grabowski and Abdurakhimov). Hunt vs. Overeem is on the next ppv the winner of that will be a good test to see where he really sits in the division.

Next Opponent - Hunt or Overeem winner. Both are great strikers so this will be a good test to see for Lewis does against the best guys in the division.

Johny Hendricks - Johny has saved his ufc career, for now. He's still 1-3 in his last four and he still doesn't look like a legit middleweight. What's next for Jonny is tough where do you drop him in the rankings? He has to surely be outside the top ten for now and that's the type of competition he should be looking at. No point in putting him against the top guys when we don't know how he gets on with a full sized Middleweight.

Next Opponent - Krzysztof Jotko or Uriah Hall. Jotko isn't the most recognizable of guys but he's 6-1 in the ufc so he's no joke. He's also a good bench mark to see how Hendricks does against a full sized, top tier Middleweight. Hall would be fun because you could see it as a loser leaves the company match and both guys would have it all on the line.

Gavin Tucker - A good prospect for the Featherweight division 10-0 Tucker performed well his first time at the big show. If he wants to make it further in the ufc opponents like Sicilia will soon be a thing of the past but there is no harm in progressing him slowly to begin with.

Next Opponent - Jason Knight or Renato Carnerio. Knight is a good young prospect he's at that level where a win against Knight probably gets Tucker a top 15 fight after. Carnerio is interesting because he's another undefeated prospect 10-0-1.

Elias Theodorou - Last nights win took Elias to a healthy 4-1 in the ufc. Elias next goal has to be to break in to the top 15. That's how he's going to get noticed more and that's just really where everyone wants to be.

Next Opponent - Tim Boetsch or Eric Spicely. Tim took on the thankless task of fighting Jacare in a fight where he was expected to lose it was just a matter of how long it took. Tim's always been game and is a good test of any fighters overall skills. Eric and Elias are ranked 18th and 20th, they are both 2-1 in their last 3 and both looking to rise of the rankings.

Sara McMann - Sara extended her winning streak to three in a row, with finishes in her last two. Her only loses coming to former or current champions Sara is in a good spot. With a three fight win streak Sara has to be trying to get a run at the title. With that in mind they're are only really two options.

Next Opponent - Raquel Pennington or Juliana Pena. Raquel makes the most sense she's on a four fight win streak Sara's on a three. Perfect number one contender match to face the winner of Nunes v Shevchenko 2. Pena although she just lost is still a great fight for Sara as long as she's facing the top contenders she strengthens her case for a title shot.

Paul Felder - A good talent in the lightweight division who brings and exciting style Felder got a nice finish last night. His spot is far from safe though when you think he's 3-3 in his last 6. With that in mind here who I think would be good next opponents.  

Next Opponent - Rustam Khabilov or Leonardo Santos. Both guys are close in the rankings to Felder so the fights make sense. Khabilov is on a better streak than Felder winning four in a row but they've all been grinded out decisions and missing weight in his last fight. Santos is currently undefeated in the ufc with four wins and one draw.

• Like 2

Theoder**** lost though. So **** him.

Hendricks and Lombard's next opponents should be in Bellator.

Black Can is still a black can. Give him Rothwell or Ngannou.

I like Tucker vs Knight or maybe Ben10

Theoder**** lost though. So **** him.

Hendricks and Lombard's next opponents should be in Bellator.

Black Can is still a black can. Give him Rothwell or Ngannou.

I like Tucker vs Knight or maybe Ben10

Well he got the nod man thats what I go by lol

Both guys are booked Heavyweight was a nightmare to find some high level competition that's available. In I've told you they aint sticking Ngannou and Lewis together until they need to. They don't want to kill the hype around what little new talent the division has.

Well he got the nod man thats what I go by lol

Both guys are booked Heavyweight was a nightmare to find some high level competition that's available. In I've told you they aint sticking Ngannou and Lewis together until they need to. They don't want to kill the hype around what little new talent the division has.

Well he absolutely does not deserve Hunt Reem winner

• Like 1

Nobody else really to set him up against

Miocic vs. Dos Santos isn't until May 13th

Werdum vs. Rothwell isn't until May 13th

He's just murked Browne, Arlovski just got murked by Ngannou

Cain and Struve out injured

Im still maintaining they don't put Lewis & Ngannou together

Unless Lewis is looking for a break I think its most likely going to be the winner of Hunt vs. Overeem

OP says that Lewis needs to be tested against the best of the best, wants to match him up against 12-11 Mark Hunt.

Give it a couple weeks, and he'll be 12-12.

• Like 2

Black Beast vs Overeem

Hendricks vs Boetsch. 2 hillbillys going to war.

Gavin Tucker needs to drop to 35 he looked tiny out there

Sara Mcmann vs ROCKY for a title shot. Would actually be a sick scrap.

Elias should get cut and get a job as a professional ballsack cheese sniffer

Black Beast vs Reem/Hunt winner

Hendricks vs Vitor/Gastelum winner

You're delusional

Also I'm pretty sure this will be Hunt's last UFC fight :(

thank god

that whining pos....Brock wahhhh USADA wahhhhh UFC lawyers wahhhhh

Edited by AndyWang

Why ?

Why on earth would Hendricks get the winner of those two? He needs to be cut. He's ****ing awful

• Like 1

Why on earth would Hendricks get the winner of those two? He needs to be cut. He's **** awful

Then yes I agree lol

I just wanted to see him getting bodied by Vitor lol

Then yes I agree lol

The Kelvin who fought Kennedy would **** him up too. I thought you meant he deserved a top ten. IMO Lombard won that fight clearly, but both looked like chit, and the UFC has cut far better fighters than them recently

• Like 1

Why on earth would Hendricks get the winner of those two? He needs to be cut. He's **** awful

He's not going to get cut off a win though

Then yes I agree lol

Sure Vitor said this is his last fight.

Agreed, I think Lewis should get the LOSER of Hunt/Reem.

This will give Lewis another test against a guy coming down from the top of the division, give the Hunt/Reem winner opportunity to advance off their win instead of taking a step down against Lewis, and the loser of Hunt/Reem a much needed step down in competition.

• Like 1

Agreed, I think Lewis should get the LOSER of Hunt/Reem.

This will give Lewis another test against a guy coming down from the top of the division, give the Hunt/Reem winner opportunity to advance off their win instead of taking a step down against Lewis, and the loser of Hunt/Reem a much needed step down in competition.

Agreed mate. Great minds :)

“Mark Hunt,” Lewis said without hesitating when asked who he’d like to face next. “I’ll fight (Fabricio) Werdum but Mark Hunt is going to come out and fight. He’s just like me.

“He’s going to come out and fight, it ain’t going to be a boring fight. He ain’t gonna hold me or nothing like that. He’s just going to come out swinging and banging like I always do.”

Sounds like he wants Hunt. makes sense since he doesn't really offer the grappling threat.

“Mark Hunt,” Lewis said without hesitating when asked who he’d like to face next. “I’ll fight (Fabricio) Werdum but Mark Hunt is going to come out and fight. He’s just like me.

“He’s going to come out and fight, it ain’t going to be a boring fight. He ain’t gonna hold me or nothing like that. He’s just going to come out swinging and banging like I always do.”

Sounds like he wants Hunt. makes sense since he doesn't really offer the grappling threat.

Hunt -

... Lewis pushes him to the fence, throws him down & pounds to ref stoppage 1st rd, #inb4poopypantz

• Like 1

And that was a guy that was 0-1 in the UFC. You think I would pick felder over those guys? lol

Figured you might have learned your lesson. lol

Hunt -

... Lewis pushes him to the fence, throws him down & pounds to ref stoppage 1st rd, #inb4poopypantz

BS.hunt will knock that fat beast out in the first exchange.no one stands with hunt and lives.
  • Like 1

BS.hunt will knock that fat beast out in the first exchange.no one stands with hunt and lives.

JDS is the only one to survive that and he had to result to spinning chit to do it

first thing Lewis needs to do is sign up to a ****ing spin class or something. with just a little bit of cardio the dude could be a serious problem

• Like 1

first thing Lewis needs to do is sign up to a **** spin class or something. with just a little bit of cardio the dude could be a serious problem

I think there is a little more than just cardio to be improved on his game, m8.

Even Black Beast himself as said it.

He is exciting tho! A true fighter that comes out to fight and entertain the fans. 

• Like 1

Black Beast vs Overeem seems like the exact kind of fight Overeem would dominate until getting knocked out in the most brutal way possible

... I can picture this ^ happening & wrecking a winning parlay, so I'm staying away from that fight -

Edited by Bezerker101
  • Like 3

Speaking of this even...there were decent payouts across the board:

Attendance: 8,123 
Gate: $575,832

Johny Hendricks: $220,000 ($100,000 to show, $100,000 win bonus, $20,000 Reebok sponsorship)

Travis Browne: $185,000 ($120,000 to show, $50,000 Fight of the Night bonus, $15,000 Reebok sponsorship)

Derrick Lewis: $138,000 ($39,000 to show, $39,000 win bonus, $50,000 Fight of the Night bonus, $10,000 Reebok sponsorship)

Thiago Santos: $111,000 ($28,000 to show, $28,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $5,000 Reebok sponsorship)

Paul Felder: $103,000 ($24,000 to show, $24,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $5,000 Reebok sponsorship)

Sara McMann: $69,000 ($31,000 to show, $31,000 win bonus, $2,000 from Mazany for missing weight, $5,000 Reebok sponsorship)

Hector Lombard: $58,000 ($53,000 to show, $5,000 Reebok sponsorship)

Elias Theodorou: $45,000 ($20,000 to show, $20,000 win bonus, $5,000 Reebok sponsorship)

Santiago Ponzinibbio: $45,000 ($20,000 to show, $20,000 win bonus, $5,000 Reebok sponsorship)

Except for TBB :( he should have made double that pay.

I think there is a little more than just cardio to be improved on his game, m8.

Even Black Beast himself as said it.

He is exciting tho! A true fighter that comes out to fight and entertain the fans. 

True enough, but i think cardio is where he'd make the quickest and most significant improvements.

He's never going to be a striking savant or grappling guru but fo' sho' he could neaten his tekkers somewhat 

• Like 1

True enough, but i think cardio is where he'd make the quickest and most significant improvements.

He's never going to be a striking savant or grappling guru but fo' sho' he could neaten his tekkers somewhat 

I could see doing well with Josh Barnett's style of grinding them in to the cage.