Mcmax3000

Frankie Edgar vs. Yair Rodriguez Added to UFC 211

I can't believe that BJ is only 3 years older than Frankie.

Maybe in earth years, but he's about 33 years older than Frank after you deduct all the years that Frank took off his life.

• Like 7

at some point young fighters are going to start whooping frankie - but i don't think its quite there yet.

Im hoping its not Yair.

Edgar is a person hero of mine.

Wish he was still at LW tho.

Not a big fan of this fight but should be a good test for yair. If he win's he'll probably get the next title shot.

Would have much preferred to see maybe Yair vs KZ or Yair vs Cub. Maybe even Yair vs bektic

• Like 1

Not a big fan of this fight but should be a good test for yair. If he win's he'll probably get the next title shot.

Would have much preferred to see maybe Yair vs KZ or Yair vs Cub. Maybe even Yair vs bektic

This^

Cub needs a prospect to test his mettle.

• Like 1

lol silly WTG, title shots are given by who you beat! Everybody knows that! Just look at Yoel Romero. If Yair takes two years off, guarantee he gets title shot for his return fight in 2019. BANK ON IT

Erm, tough to call, if Yair can spin all over Frankies face, its all over but then again if Frankie can pick his shots & keep calm he could beat Yair once hes tired or get a decision. Another good proving matchup for Yair....obviously not including BJ fight, that was like beating up a cripple.

Edited by agtx

Frankie fought BJ twice when BJ was about 31 years old. Most men's athletic prime is between 28-32.

Yeah and won a robbery

• Like 4

Frankie fought BJ twice when BJ was about 31 years old. Most men's athletic prime is between 28-32.

Yes, except Penn was already 10 years deep in the sport, a 4 time world champ and had battled Machida at heavyweight.

Edited by *Haze*
  • Like 1

Still don't think Yair is ready for the cardio machine.

Split decisions that could have went either way against Rosa & Caceres. And they ain't the same calibre as Frankie.

Frankie pounds him out but moves no closer to a third title shot.

I think he has to wait until Max faces Jose.

If Max beats him then he gets another shot but nobody can really get excited for Edgar v Aldo 3.

• Like 2

I think he has to wait until Max faces Jose.

If Max beats him then he gets another shot but nobody can really get excited for Edgar v Aldo 3.

I think Frankie's best option is to, after beating Yair, go back to LW and chase down a McGregor fight. Call him out constantly after every win, drop his name in ever interview, call him a running duck who left FW without defending the belt against him.

Edited by TheSinisterUrge
  • Like 1

I think Frankie's best option is to, after beating Yair, go back to LW and chase down a McGregor fight. Call him out constantly after every win, drop his name in ever interview, call him a running duck who left FW without defending the belt against him.

I would like to see Frankie fight Conor because im big fans of both guys but not sure how good Frankie would do. If he can get him down then yeah its his game but unlike Mendes he doesn't really carry big power.

Personally think he should drop another weight class (I can see Frankie making 135) and go call out Cody.

• Like 2

Yes, except Penn was already 10 years deep in the sport, a 4 time world champ and had battled Machida at heavyweight.

He only had about 6 more fights than Frankie.
  • Like 2

I would like to see Frankie fight Conor because im big fans of both guys but not sure how good Frankie would do. If he can get him down then yeah its his game but unlike Mendes he doesn't really carry big power.

Personally think he should drop another weight class (I can see Frankie making 135) and go call out Cody.

I desperately want to see Conor and Frankie fight. Best case scenario for me is that he stuffs all the take downs like he did against Alvarez and drops him with a series of punches before getting a GnP TKO. That will at least reduce the amount of chit people can talk about him to pics of him getting choked out by Nate in the first fight and turning and running in the second.

• Like 2

who did penn ever beat?

not a Hall of Fame roster

Uno, Pulver, Hughes, Florian, Serra and he gets mad points for fighting Machida at Heavyweight even if he lost.

• Like 3

Uno, Pulver, Hughes, Florian, Serra and he gets mad points for fighting Machida at Heavyweight even if he lost.

Add GSP, Edgar, and Machida to that list. He beat Machida check the FightMetric

• Like 4

lol at listing Matt Serra as an achievement.

Serra was a bad dude back in the day and is one of only three guys to beat GSP. 

And BJ beat them all, including Hughes when he was untouchable at the time.

• Like 4

Serra was a bad dude back in the day and is one of only three guys to beat GSP.

And BJ beat them all, including Hughes when he was untouchable at the time.

11-7 and should be 10-8. Lytle should have got that shot at GSP.

at some point young fighters are going to start whooping frankie - but i don't think its quite there yet.

Frankie I feel is smarter than these old idiots who can't let go. He'll walk away for good when it's time, he won't be returning after three years to host TUF 48 against whoever beat him while using a ballerina tip toe fighting stance

The natural course of a fighters career is to reach a peak and then decline. Older fighters start getting beaten by guys they would have beaten earlier. That is a normal and expected part of the game. The odd fighter keeps winning into old age but it is far more likely that you start losing. 

Very few fighters can afford to walk away. 

Frankie has a UFC gym in New Jersey, all those idiots in New Jersey want to train "UFC"

He'll prob turn into a wrestling coach for younger guys and work along Ricardo Almeida, Renzo and Mark Henry. I think when his time is up, he'll know. These older guys are the generation before him who don't have the luxury of walking away with financial stability. Frankie seems to be in a better spot

I used to date a girl who actually teaches his kids gymnastics, he's supposedly very well off. No clue what else he has going on but she said his family is pretty set.

• Like 1

Frankie has a UFC gym in New Jersey, all those idiots in New Jersey want to train "UFC"

He'll prob turn into a wrestling coach for younger guys and work along Ricardo Almeida, Renzo and Mark Henry. I think when his time is up, he'll know. These older guys are the generation before him who don't have the luxury of walking away with financial stability. Frankie seems to be in a better spot

I used to date a girl who actually teaches his kids gymnastics, he's supposedly very well off. No clue what else he has going on but she said his family is pretty set.

Smart business move by Frankie. Rogan & Schaub were just talking about how expensive it is to train in New York.

Now just an hour away guys can go train with an ex-champ and ufc vet.

Don't get me wrong I want to see him still fighting for a few more years but glad to see he has a plan for after.

After Yair headkicks Frank's head clean off his shoulders he should drop to 135 and fight either Dom Cruz, TJ or Cody.

That would be ideal imo.

Why would he do that when hes a big Featherweight?

• Like 1

He's a average/small FW.

What are you talking about..... Aldo and many others dwarf him.

Are you talking about Yair or Frankie being small at FW?
  • Like 2