OK WTF just happened?

nkogneato

the doctor was involved because he was asked to be.   he has the final say.  as the knee was not illegal in his opinion he had no choice to overall the ref and award the TKO to Moose

simples

The doctor was in there to see if Weidman could continue. Did at any point the doctor say he couldn't? Not as far as I can tell. And the doctor has no say in whether or not the knee was illegal or not. In fact the only person who could say that was Miragliotta and he had made his decision. And since there are no replays, nothing can overrule that decision. The doctor's ONLY role is to ensure fighter safety and determine if Weidman could continue. If he had determined he couldn't continue, which I don't thing he did (Correct me if I am wrong)  it should have been ruled a disqualification at worst (for Moose) and a no contest at best. And this is all coming from someone with no horse in the race. I just want to see MMA handled in a professional matter....in this case it was certainly not.

• Like 1

The doctor was in there to see if Weidman could continue. Did at any point the doctor say he couldn't? Not as far as I can tell. And the doctor has no say in whether or not the knee was illegal or not. In fact the only person who could say that was Miragliotta and he had made his decision. And since there are no replays, nothing can overrule that decision. The doctor's ONLY role is to ensure fighter safety and determine if Weidman could continue. If he had determined he couldn't continue, which I don't thing he did (Correct me if I am wrong)  it should have been ruled a disqualification at worst (for Moose) and a no contest at best. And this is all coming from someone with no horse in the race. I just want to see MMA handled in a professional matter....in this case it was certainly not.

The doctor ruled Chris was in no shape to continue by the actions of Chris. Being the knee was legal, you cannot disqualify Moose. It was up Weidman to show he could fight, he didnt. Doctor called it. Weidcan the Welch will end up banned. Tomorrow the sun will rise.

Anything else you need hand fed to you?

• Like 3

The doctor ruled Chris was in no shape to continue by the actions of Chris. Being the knee was legal, you cannot disqualify Moose. It was up Weidman to show he could fight, he didnt. Doctor called it. Weidcan the Welch will end up banned. Tomorrow the sun will rise.

Anything else you need hand fed to you?

fanboys gunna fanboy

• Like 2

Weidman wanted the fight stopped when it was going to favor him.  He would have been perfectly okay with the moose getting DQ'd.  He was milking the situation hard.  He basically asked for the time out.  He needed the doctors to help stall.

When he found out that the knee was legal, all of a sudden, he recovered.  Magic.  You play with fire, ****, you just might get burnt.

I went into this fight rooting for Weidman.  No more...  He tried to cheat and failed.  

Well put