jamamaw

The UFC better give mousasi a new contract. Who's his first fight.

I think he'll get at least a 5 fight deal. Who do you think is his next fight?

I say gegard vs Rockhold, winner gets spits for the belt.

I'd take gegard in both of those fights myself

Rockhold ain't getting a shot after one.

Spits is defending vs GSP or Romero, both who destroy him.

Moose vs Winner of Whittaker vs Jacare would be good

I have a feeling he gets Anderson Silva next

Could see this. The way Anderson has looked lately I'd like gegards odds there too. With Anderson these days he either gives you a KO or looks sometimes just bad. With moose's chin, I don't see Anderson knocking him out

Edited by jamamaw

Rockhold ain't getting a shot after one.

Spits is defending vs GSP or Romero, both who destroy him.

Moose vs Winner of Whittaker vs Jacare would be good

The jacare fight would be good considering its a rubber match. Big storyline there

The jacare fight would be good considering its a rubber match. Big storyline there

Gonna be tough to sell after Whittaker knocks him out cold ;)

It doesnt matter who fights who no one is beating the Soldier of God

Tim Kennedy already did. And Brunson gave him the work until Yoel got lucky too.
  • Like 1

Tim Kennedy already did. And Brunson gave him the work until Yoel got lucky too.

Lol the second part did not happen

His case for more money was strengthened a bit when a fan brought up an interesting fact on Twitter

MMA journalist Mike Bohn took to twitter to point out a very interesting fact about Mousasi’s stats since fighting in the UFC.

Bohn tweeted, “Sincerely hope the UFC keeps @mousasi_mma around. He’s been a main or co-main event 11 times in 12 UFC appearances. Clearly a useful talent.”

Mousasi replied to Bohn’s tweet adding, “One appearance on the prelims of UFC 200 and that event I almost fought DC as the headline bout before they chose to go with anderson.”

Now its very hard to argue a guys "not really a draw" if you have put him on the main card pretty much every fight.

Also name me another guy in the Middleweight division with 50 god damn fights.

• Like 1

The Moose situation just highlights how ridiculous Bisping v GSP (and indeed Bisping v Hendo) is.  Moose, Jacare, TrollYolo have all got a clear case for a title shot.  There are so many good, credible challengers, with great number 1 contender fights, plus a couple of up-and-comers.  MW should be the most intruiging division; instead, it's kind of on hold.

Imagine a card with Bisping v Yoel, Moose v Rockhold as a number 1 contender, and Whittaker v Jacare getting the shot after that.  Thowin Brunson v Silva and Vitor v CM Punk and you've got an awesome main card just from the MW division.

Moose is crazy experienced for a guy his age, yet has only been KOed once and doesn't tend to be in too many wars.  Plenty of fight mileage on the clock still.

• Like 2

The Moose situation just highlights how ridiculous Bisping v GSP (and indeed Bisping v Hendo) is.  Moose, Jacare, TrollYolo have all got a clear case for a title shot.  There are so many good, credible challengers, with great number 1 contender fights, plus a couple of up-and-comers.  MW should be the most intruiging division; instead, it's kind of on hold.

Imagine a card with Bisping v Yoel, Moose v Rockhold as a number 1 contender, and Whittaker v Jacare getting the shot after that.  Thowin Brunson v Silva and Vitor v CM Punk and you've got an awesome main card just from the MW division.

Moose is crazy experienced for a guy his age, yet has only been KOed once and doesn't tend to be in too many wars.  Plenty of fight mileage on the clock still.

Honestly think that's what the Middleweight division needs. If I was Dana I would have cut my loses by now and scrapped the GSP fight. I'd be fair though and say "If you beat Yoel you can have that next" which I think would be more than fair.

Can see GSP dragging this out for another couple months before we even have a date. 

• Like 1

Honestly think that's what the Middleweight division needs. If I was Dana I would have cut my loses by now and scrapped the GSP fight. I'd be fair though and say "If you beat Yoel you can have that next" which I think would be more than fair.

Can see GSP dragging this out for another couple months before we even have a date. 

Yeah. It's weird.  I can see why they want to bring GSP, but why not have him fight Woodley?  It's crap like this that is making me increasingly ambivalent about the UFC.

• Like 1

Yeah. It's weird.  I can see why they want to bring GSP, but why not have him fight Woodley?  It's crap like this that is making me increasingly ambivalent about the UFC.

Clearly Georges doesn't want to fight Woodley. That's the obvious answer.

• Like 3

I think he sees it as his most dangerous fight. Woodley's so explosive, fast and strong. Plus he's in his prime I don't think GSP ever had any interest in fighting Woodley.

I don't care what anyone says a severely dehydrated 155 GSP gets murked by Conor. Bisping was never a first choice I think he made a test run at 155 for Conor and couldn't make it.

GSP's a logical guy Bisping's the guy out of all three im thinking GSP assessed and thought he could put together a plan to beat him. Bisping's older, he's not known for big knockout power, he doesn't have one amazing stand out skill and its very rare that it happens but if a good wrestler can get hold of him they can have success E.g. Kennedy & Sonnen.

Will watch just cause the card will be stacked anyway but I honestly have zero interest in this fight other than for it to be over as soon as possible so we can get the division running smoothly again.

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 1

Oh, I can totally see it from GSP's perpsective.  It's just another step away from how things should be....Conor getting a shot at the LW belt was farcical, but at least he was an active fighter.  A guy who has never fought in that weight class and hasn't fought for almost 4 years is another step towards madness.

The only plus side to this whole farce is it makes Rich Franklin's HW title shot more likely...

• Like 3

Oh, I can totally see it from GSP's perpsective.  It's just another step away from how things should be....Conor getting a shot at the LW belt was farcical, but at least he was an active fighter.  A guy who has never fought in that weight class and hasn't fought for almost 4 years is another step towards madness.

The only plus side to this whole farce is it makes Rich Franklin's HW title shot more likely...

Really think Dana needs to put his foot down soon because one of two things (possibly both) is going to happen. All the divisions are going to start to suffer we don't want MMA to end up like boxing heaps of guys avoiding each other.

Or

The migration to Bellator will become a lot more common.

• Like 2

Really think Dana needs to put his foot down soon because one of two things (possibly both) is going to happen. All the divisions are going to start to suffer we don't want MMA to end up like boxing heaps of guys avoiding each other.

Or

The migration to Bellator will become a lot more common.

I think they will lose more guys. I really didn't think that they were in danger of losing Moose or Jacare but why would someone stick around when they can't get a title shot that they earned.

“I need to get the win, that’s the most important. I’m more than ready,” Mousasi said during a recent media call. “After that it’s just a popularity contest. Let’s be honest. Yoel Romero is next, but he’s not getting his shot. Simply because he doesn’t speak English, he’s Cuban. Those things matter. I need to win. I need to do my job first, and we’ll see how it goes.”-Moose

When fighters feel this way then you failed as a legitimate sport.

Mouse would be a huge loss, he's had 50 fights! Yes 50 fights the guy is a machine and easy not in his last years like some fighters at 185. Honesty see him being the next champ after Busoig retires so hope he stays, think he will.