Sign in to follow this  
pound4poundG

How on earth were those knees legal?>

As he threw the knee his hand was touching the floor. His hand only left the floor as the knee was about to land. When a knee is about to crack you in the face the last thing thats going to go through your mind is to make sure your hand stays on the ground. Bottom line is when he threw the knee his hand was touching the ground. Thats ILLEGAL. How did moussasi know that his land would no longer be touching the ground when the knee landed? he didnt it was a fluke. And to moussasis credit he was trying to explain to dumb boldy rogan that he didnt intentionally lift his hand up and he even apologised to weidman because he knew it was illegal but Rogan had his blinkers on and was talking **** as usual

Edited by pound4poundG
  • Like 1

Thanks for starting a new thread about this already heavily discussed topic four days after the event. Everyone here appreciates your opinion and are happy to accommodate your views.

• Like 13

the fact that having one of his hands off the floor instead of brushing against the floor changes a strike from illegal to legal pretty much shows what a joke this rule is anyway.

Illegal strikes in human **** fighting?

the fact that having one of his hands off the floor instead of brushing against the floor changes a strike from illegal to legal pretty much shows what a joke this rule is anyway.

Illegal strikes in human **** fighting?

I thought about that last night. Instead of having someone defend themselves they are trying to put their hands on the floor which leaves them open for a knee.
  • Like 1

As he threw the knee his hand was touching the floor. His hand only left the floor as the knee was about to land. When a knee is about to crack you in the face the last thing thats going to go through your mind is to make sure your hand stays on the ground. Bottom line is when he threw the knee his hand was touching the ground. Thats ILLEGAL. How did moussasi know that his land would no longer be touching the ground when the knee landed? he didnt it was a fluke. And to moussasis credit he was trying to explain to dumb boldy rogan that he didnt intentionally lift his hand up and he even apologised to weidman because he knew it was illegal but Rogan had his blinkers on and was talking **** as usual

If a fighter intentionally tries to punch a guy in his nuts but misses and hits his stomach it's not illegal.  

Either way it's a stupid ****ing rule that people can't seem to get through their thick ****ing skulls.  Guys in the commentary booth, UFC bigwigs, refs, the commission, none of them seem to know what they are doing when it comes to this.  It's like the first Tim Means vs Brazilian Cowboy.  Tim blasted him in the head when the guy's knees were clearly down. Which has always been illegal.  

Weidman's FINGERS were down and the new rule CLEARLY states that:

Essentially the old definition still applies with an exception that for a hand to make a fighter grounded, both palms, both fists, or a palm and a fist must be touching the canvas.

Having fingers down doesn't ground ****.  

At no point in the entire sequence does he have two palms or 1-fist-1-palm on the ground

• Like 1

His fingers were not down you clown.

If you people wouldn't be so broke instead of streaming it at 144p, you would see that nothing on his hand was touching. Moose pulled up as he was delivering the strike.

Jesus ****ing h christ, get eyes.

Edited by No_Rubber_Roids
  • Like 6

If you people wouldn't be so broke instead of streaming it at 144p, you would see that nothing on his hand was touching. Moose pulled up as he was delivering the strike.

Jesus **** h christ, get eyes.

did you just invoke PessimistPeter?

• Like 1

Moose sausage knew from the Romero fight that weidmong is vulnerable to knees so he practised scraping his hands off the matt and kneeing him.

Rather than continuing fighting weidmong tried to win via illegal knee.

3 losses in a row cut the can

• Like 1

Jesus **** h christ, get eyes.

Even if his fingers WERE down it doesn't make him a grounded opponent under the new rule.  He was not "grounded" at any point during the sequence.  

• Like 2

haha sorry not been on for a few days so just wanted to make sure it wasnt just me that thought that it was illegal

Actually, while there has been a lot of debate about the stoppage, I don't recall any about whether the knees were legal or not. So don't let the bastards get ya down....

The determining factor I would think would be if the knees landed or not, which they did. Just attempting the knee on a down opponent would not be illegal I wouldn't think. I don't think there's such a thing as an illegal attempted anything. Though who knows....since they are pretty much making it up as they go along...

should just be a knee on the ground or a butt on the ground.  Why consider a hand on the ground at all?

IMO the point of that rule is to allow a grounded fighter to get up safely without taking damage....what Weidman did was essentially tap to strikes.

• Like 1

IMO the point of that rule is to allow a grounded fighter to get up safely without taking damage....what Weidman did was essentially tap to strikes.

cringe.
  • Like 1

They were NOT legal but Dan apparently claims they have the ability to determine if he is officially downed or just trying to reach for the mat to exploit a rule.

So then again i have to wonder WHY Dan,who made the decision to allow Chris time to recover,meaning he determined he WAS downed even allowed a replay.

So the way i see it is that the guy in ring was 100% meaningless,good job UFC DAN lol.I believe big John made the call from the sidelines.

He jerked his body up when he kneed him,excellent stradegy.Thus raising his hand off the canvas...

• Like 1

They were NOT legal but Dan apparently claims they have the ability to determine if he is officially downed or just trying to reach for the mat to exploit a rule.

So then again i have to wonder WHY Dan,who made the decision to allow Chris time to recover,meaning he determined he WAS downed even allowed a replay.

So the way i see it is that the guy in ring was 100% meaningless,good job UFC DAN lol.I believe big John made the call from the sidelines.

What do you mean they weren't legal? Weidcan didn't have 2 palms down , or even fists.

Totally legal

Sorry, Whineman got destroyed by LEGAL knees. Knocked him 2 months back.