Sign in to follow this  
AndyWang

Mighty Mouse calls out Dana and the UFC for their treatment of him during negotiations for Dillashaw

Book Mighty vs Cody just like he wants and winner is the 135 pound champion and 125 division is done.

Then TJ can fight that winner.

Issue resolved.

Too bad MM refuses to go up in weight... he wants Cody at 125lbs 

• Like 2

Too bad MM refuses to go up in weight... he wants Cody at 125lbs 

He just said he fight Max Halloway if they gave him big money.lol

• Like 1

MM vs TJ will do 200-300k imo

that's his best bet

If he wants to make any money fight Ray Borg he's **** out of luck.  Could be the least purchased PPV in years.

• Like 4

i'd rather see mighty mouse fight anybody, rather than holly holm main eventing a card in a few weeks. 

for **** sakes she is 0-3  in her last 3 fights and is headlining a card against some other fighter who didnt win her last fight either

most people would have sent those cans to bellator with those kinds of losing skids, but because once upon a time  holly holm knocked out danas poster girl, she moves straight to the main event. out of the way arlovski and all you other has-beens. make way for the person who was the first to ktfo dana's wondergirl ronda. because that has huge marketability right there! if theyre ever going to promote that fight, how many times will they shove that rousey knockout in our faces? because thats all they have to try to sell off the headliner.  its not like theyre not going to show anything else from her last 3 fights to promote this main event and try to sell this card.  that **** rustles my jimmies.

its not a sport anymore, its a spectacle. ufc is going to kill themselves off with their own personal greed and stupidity  its not about what youve accomplished in the sport. its about whether or not dana white thinks you can bring him some money.

Thanks for recognizing what pretty much any one else who's been paying attention saw a few years back already.....

• Like 1

that's his best bet

If he wants to make any money fight Ray Borg he's **** out of luck.  Could be the least purchased PPV in years.

Probably on his family members will buy it.

Ray's family member and friends will read a play by play lol

• Like 1

No, it means that people don't pay to watch him fight. That's ultimately what it comes down to. The fighters that draw money make money.

But the UFC can, to a large extent, via marketing, control who draws viewers. That was one of DJ's main points.....

• Like 2

But the UFC can, to a large extent, via marketing, control who draws viewers.

Marketing always helps, but it's not suddenly going to make someone a star.

If the UFC decided to spend as much on marketing for Johnson's next fight as they do for a McGregor fight, it doesn't suddenly mean that the PPV is going to do over a million buys.

A big show doesn't become a big show because it got a lot of advertising. A big show gets a lot of advertising because it's expected to be a big show.

• Like 2

But the UFC can, to a large extent, via marketing, control who draws viewers. That was one of DJ's main points.....

How could the UFC promote the fly division m8 ?

That division is over.

One of the best guys in the division, besides the champ, already lost twice against the champ (Benavidez)

• Like 1

If the UFC decided to spend as much on marketing for Johnson's next fight as they do for a McGregor fight, it doesn't suddenly mean that the PPV is going to do over a million buys.

A big show doesn't become a big show because it got a lot of advertising. A big show gets a lot of advertising because it's expected to be a big show.

Probably not to the Mcgregor extent, be he could be as marketable as someone like Joanna champion and more than Woodley I would say. In my Facebook feed I rarely see anything regarding MM. 

And I think if more people saw him fights he would get more fans, and that would be an auto-catalytic loop.

• Like 2

You mean to a minor extent... If the UFC could market stars at will they would have 100 Conor McGregors. That's not how the real world works.

Wow you've finally said something intelligent

• Like 1

Probably not to the Mcgregor extent, be he could be as marketable as someone like Joanna champion and more than Woodley I would say. In my Facebook feed I rarely see anything regarding MM. 

And I think if more people saw him fights he would get more fans, and that would be an auto-catalytic loop.

You still don't understand how this works after mcmod just explained it to you in perfect English

Get a clue buddy

• Like 1

why should MM fight TJ?

last time I looked Tj did not even have a strap

He isn't popular either. The UFC is trying to push him because he's on TUF but now doesn't have a meaningful fight. I don't think that fight does **** for buys. TJ doesn't move the needle besides a rivalry fight with Cody.
  • Like 2

from a strictly mma perspective I would love to se TJ/MM but businesswise it doesn't make a lot of sense for MM.

Conor went up to 155 to fight the champ (after Diaz) 

Penn went up to WW to fight the champ

If jones goes up to HW it should be to fight the champ

Edited by UFCCagerattler

from a strictly mma perspective I would love to se TJ/MM but businesswise it doesn't make a lot of sense for MM.

Conor went up to 155 to fight the champ (after Diaz) 

Penn went up to WW to fight the champ

If jones goes up to HW it should be to fight the champ

you forgot to add that Renan Barao went up to fight the champ Phillipe Nover

a guy who has a strap should be fighting another guy who has a strap.

not saying TJ isn;t a legit opponent - but why does one guy bring a strap with him and another not?

I look at it like this if lets say Nunes got injured and Valentina Shevchenko said fine, I want to go to 115 and fight Joanna. Should they not want to book that???

Should Joanna be saying no, I want to fight Rose Namajunas for my next defense. I think a champ should be wanting to fight the best opponents.

This talk that Dillashaw cant make 125 yet Ray Borg is the one who has missed weight numerous times???

I think this is the biggest misconception some fans have about "draws". Draws aren't draws because they are heavily promoted, they are heavily promoted because they are draws

• Like 3

I think this is the biggest misconception some fans have about "draws". Draws aren't draws because they are heavily promoted, they are heavily promoted because they are draws

i agree with this.

Upon hearing the flyweight division could be shelved

Mighty Mouse got Benavidez, Cejudo, Borg, Elliott, and Reis to take a group photo to show solidarity

624210ea51d02f4a56c120bad69269b5--dating

• Like 3

Alot missing the point.

Mighty is saying why would he fight a top company guy and make the same exact money or even less when he can fight Ray Borg for the same exact pay?

He just wants ppv points and whatnot which is understandable regardless of the buys.

He have what 10 title reigns none with PPV buys? If he gonna help TJ,Dana and the UFC out the least they can do is compensate him with a bigger paycheck.

He can squash some can and get paid low, or fight some top guy like TJ and get paid the exact same.

Which route would you take?

This is the exact thing Conor was laughing at when Eddie Alvarez had UFC in his hands and that fool didn't negotiate a new lucrative deal when had the opportunity.

Now look at him.

Edited by CanPass
  • Like 1

Ray Borg is on a 2 fight win streak(Formiga and Smolka), how does that make him a title contender!?

The most legal contender IMO opinion is Benavidez who's on a 6 fight win streak, where 4 of those 6 fighters have all competed for the belt.

Too bad DJ already beat him twice

So painful listening to Mighty mouse on the MMA hour.

He tried to say TJ isn't the first big name he fought because of Jon Dodson lmao. Then he complains about not getting PPV points in the past while turning down the only fight of his career with PPV points.... Then he rants about his great integrity while saying he rather they close the division and work at Cosco then do this fight. What's that do to your fellow fighters paychecks lol? He is so clearly ducking it's sickening.

• Like 2

It's too bad Mighty Mouse is the last one to this party, now his back is against the wall. If he takes the fight and wins, it's tarnished cuz he tried to duck his only legit opponent. If he fights Ray Borg, it will be the lowest selling championship fight in UFC history. Hopefully other fighters learn from this and don't try to treat MMA like boxing.

if you take MM out of there its a good division

like LHW without Jones

with Jones theres no point even having a lhw div

I see what you are saying.. but dont completely agree

The entire fly division is stupid it costs the ufc money

You have no idea. You think its stupid because nobody can touch Mighty Mouse, but there are some crazy WARS at Flyw. 

Dana needs to strip DJ, if he's ducking TJ nobody should be allowed to cherry pick his contenders. The same goes for DeRanbobmie, Bisping, Conor and whoever else wears a belt around his waist atm.

• Like 1

You have no idea. You think its stupid because nobody can touch Mighty Mouse, but there are some crazy WARS at Flyw.

Dana needs to strip DJ, if he's ducking TJ nobody should be allowed to cherry pick his contenders. The same goes for DeRanbobmie, Bisping, Conor and whoever else wears a belt around his waist atm.

I respect it
  • Like 1

I respect it

Srsly you cant just delete a whole division cause one guy is ducking... on the other hand if there's a contract signed to fight borg thats a different story.

• Like 1

Srsly you cant just delete a whole division cause one guy is ducking... on the other hand if there's a contract signed to fight borg thats a different story.

I hear you.. but I dont know that is a thing yet

Sure you can. No one cares about that division and that goes twice without DJ.

• Like 1

Sure you can. No one cares about that division and that goes twice without DJ.

So just fire all the guys in the division and lose out on even more money?

let him fight midgets for peanuts. At this point his middle name is Johnson and his surname 'On Fox' from what i can tell

• Like 2

But as you say, it certainly helps. And I don't think DJ, nor I, ever said he should be a star on par with McGregor. He is just asking for the marketing help that someone the UFC refers to as their pound for pound best fighter and who is going for the record in title defense deserves and would be getting in pretty much any other sport. It's not unreasonable.