Sign in to follow this  
xFINISHxHIMx

No PPV for August. UFC 215 moved to September 9 in Edmonton

The Ultimate Fighting Championship never officially announced that it would stage an August pay-per-view event. It's all the better that the promotion didn't, as such an event isn't going to happen. Monday, the UFC announced that an “originally planned” PPV card for Aug. 18 had been “removed from the schedule” of the world's leading MMA company.

While the card never advanced beyond the planning stages, it was originally thought the bill could serve as the platform for UFC flyweight ace Demetrious Johnson's potential record-setting 11th title defense, against either former UFC bantamweight champ T.J. Dillashaw or Ray Borg. However, the UFC's zeal to book Johnson-Dillashaw led to claims of “bullying” and mistreatment from “Mighty Mouse,” instigating a public standoff with his promoter.

The card previously tagged as UFC 216 -- the company's Sept. 9 date at Rogers Place in Edmonton, Alberta -- will now proceed as UFC 215. A main event has yet to be announced for the Octagon's trip to the “Oil Capital of Canada.”

UFC 215 represents the second retooled card for the company in 2017. The UFC's return to the Honda Center in Anaheim, California was originally intended to take place this past January, but was then bumped back to July 29, eventually becoming UFC 214, which is headlined by the UFC light heavyweight title rematch between Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones.

Even without the argument between Dana, and Demetrious Johnson, I bet this would've been cancelled.

If they had put a show on PPV headlined by Demetrious Johnson against anybody the week before the Mayweather/McGregor fight, I'm fairly certain I would've been the one lone buy for the show.

• Like 5

wtf

JOLLDAN DIDNT POST THIS!!!!! NOT LEGIT UNLESS JOLLDAN MAKES THE THREAD

Jolldan is working for me. He posts whatever I told him to post, nothing more, nothing less. lol

• Like 2

It still amazes me people are gonna spend $100 for a Mayweather boxing expo.

Bar or Internet is the only way to watch this freakshow.

• Like 1

It still amazes me people are gonna spend $100 for a Mayweather boxing expo.

Bar or Internet is the only way to watch this freakshow.

even if Floyd vs Conor wasnt happening, the target audience for a ufc event wasnt paying $60 for mighty mouse vs the flyweight johnny hendricks

• Like 2

The McGregor/Mayweather fight has now made it so that there isn't a UFC PPV the same night as NXT Takeover Brooklyn III, so I have officially gone from thinking the McGregor/Mayweather fight is dumb to being in favour of it.

• Like 3

where is Cole?

Right here homie

I knew this would happen and I called it last month. I said if DJ turned down TJ the UFC would strip his belt and close the division down for good.

This article doesn't claim they are shutting down the division yet, but this is strong evidence to suggest that a shut down of 125lbs is coming right around the corner.

This makes me happy btw.

Right here homie

I knew this would happen and I called it last month. I said if DJ turned down TJ the UFC would strip his belt and close the division down for good.

This article doesn't claim they are shutting down the division yet, but this is strong evidence to suggest that a shut down of 125lbs is coming right around the corner.

This makes me happy btw.

Actually it means that Dana got bodied by another fighter. Mighty Goat will fight when and where he chooses.

Actually it means that Dana got bodied by another fighter. Mighty Goat will fight when and where he chooses.

Will he?

He wanted to fight in August and against Borg.. doesn't appear that's happening now does it?

MM definitely squashed any chance of him fighting TJ.. Dana is not going to forget that. Dana will make DJ pay for this someway or another. I can't think of a better punishment then closing down the division right before he breaks Anderson's record and forcing MM to fight at 135lbs or never fight again.

• Like 1

so they want to run 45 ppvs a year - but none in august because it might cut in on the MAyweather/COnor fight which nobody is going to buy?

sounds legit.

You are crazy if you don't think that sells. Despite what people may think in terms of it being competitive, it's gonna be a spectacle and people will for sure tune in.

I know plenty f casuals already asking about the fight. People who stream daily that I talk to are planning on ordering the ppv

No, it means Dana will pump the breaks on Mighty Mouse's career. It makes no difference to the UFC because he brings in next to nothing, but Johnson won't be making any money for a while. They'll stall and wait until he gets desperate for a fight and when he goes crawling back he better not be difficult or they'll keep on stalling.

No, it means Dana will pump the breaks on Mighty Mouse's career. It makes no difference to the UFC because he brings in next to nothing, but Johnson won't be making any money for a while. They'll stall and wait until he gets desperate for a fight and when he goes crawling back he better not be difficult or they'll keep on stalling.

They are hurting to find champs to fight on ppv. Even if he isn't the most popular they need him. They are creating interim fights just to sell cards.

You are crazy if you don't think that sells. Despite what people may think in terms of it being competitive, it's gonna be a spectacle and people will for sure tune in.

I know plenty f casuals already asking about the fight. People who stream daily that I talk to are planning on ordering the ppv

He's not crazy just dumb. That PPV is going to do ungodly numbers.

• Like 1

They are hurting to find champs to fight on ppv. Even if he isn't the most popular they need him. They are creating interim fights just to sell cards.

Then why has he been fighting on TV so much? His last fight was a FOX card and the one before that was on The Ultimate Fighter. They don't need him, they've been thinking of scrapping that division altogether. And now the plan is to split up and bring in other divisions that are more reasonably spaced apart, so they have more champions and not as many silly interim situations. 

Even without the argument between Dana, and Demetrious Johnson, I bet this would've been cancelled.

If they had put a show on PPV headlined by Demetrious Johnson against anybody the week before the Mayweather/McGregor fight, I'm fairly certain I would've been the one lone buy for the show.

+1

• Like 1

so they want to run 45 ppvs a year - but none in august because it might cut in on the MAyweather/COnor fight which nobody is going to buy?

sounds legit.

I think you're hugely mistaken if you think the reason for cancelling this show is because it will eat into the McGregor/Mayweather buys, and not the other way around.

• Like 2

I think you're hugely mistaken if you think the reason for cancelling this show is because it will eat into the McGregor/Mayweather buys, and not the other way around.

lol this

The May/Mac crossover fight is going to be one of the biggest fights in combat sports history regardless of the outcome.

• Like 1