Sign in to follow this  
VertFTW

Updated MW rankings - logical upcoming fights

Yoel v Rockhold - Jan to March timeframe

Bisping v GSP winner faces Whittaker in April - July ´18

Jacare v Weidman lol - they are not close to a title fight but might as well match them up in dec - jan timeframe. THey both lost to Yoel so the only way they can get over that hump is for Yoel to lose to Rockhol and the winner of them moves ahead in rankings.

what else?

Edited by VertFTW

realistically the Yoel v Rockhold winner wont see a title shot until around this time next year unless someone gets injured or bisping/gsp vacate the belt

Middleweight looks awful for title shots. I can't see anybody from Yoel on down holding the MW strap.

I guess Whittaker and Rockhold will just have to keep fighting each other.

Rockhold is closer to another title shot than Romero....

The only way that matters right now is if GSP/Bisping/Whittaker get injured in the upcoming fights.....Otherwise it will be a year from now until Rockhold could potentially see a title shot...hes gonna have to fight Yoel.

The only way that matters right now is if GSP/Bisping/Whittaker get injured in the upcoming fights.....Otherwise it will be a year from now until Rockhold could potentially see a title shot...hes gonna have to fight Yoel.

Yoel better put on his big girl panties and accept a 5 round fight then.

Yoel better put on his big girl panties and accept a 5 round fight then.

that is a PPV calibre fight so it will be 3 rds...no need to put it on some crappy fox card...btw UFC FN116 did terrible numbers lol.

I´d like to see Rockhold vs Romero. Knda think Rockhold looks a bit sloppy though, maybe a bit full of himself? When he´s on his A-game he´s really good, but I think Bisping kinda broke him... We´ll see...

Bisping´s gonna retire after GSP is my bet, as a GOAT...

Silva #6 ... hello ? ... absurd politics

I mean nobody under him has beat him, obviously Brunson should have, but didn't.

At the same time, they're clearly trying to put him in a position where he can face Weidman again in the next year or so

The funny thing is that if GSP beats Bisping he will 99.99% sure call out Conor McGregor for a fight....so it may be more than a year from now before Rockhold/Yoel winner gets a title shot unless someone gets hurt or something lol

The funny thing is that if GSP beats Bisping he will 99.99% sure call out Conor McGregor for a fight....so it may be more than a year from now before Rockhold/Yoel winner gets a title shot unless someone gets hurt or something lol

They've confirmed that GSP had to sign a clause saying he'll fight Whittaker if he wanted this fight didn't he? So if he beats Bisping he fights Whittaker then either 170 belt or Conor at 155/170. Do they make a Anderson match up in there as well? I'm not sure let's just see how 217 goes, honestly think Bisping wins.

They've confirmed that GSP had to sign a clause saying he'll fight Whittaker if he wanted this fight didn't he? So if he beats Bisping he fights Whittaker then either 170 belt or Conor at 155/170. Do they make a Anderson match up in there as well? I'm not sure let's just see how 217 goes, honestly think Bisping wins.

I think some reporter asked Dana about that and he 'confirmed' I need to rewatch to see if this is true.

• Like 1

Wonder what WTG thinks...how does Weidman move up in the ranking and out of the logjam...

Good question. I think you're right Weidman/Jacare is an excellent next match up and one I've been wanting to see for a while. Give them both some time to heal up and shoot for end of the year card in December please. If Weidman wins I'd say he should get a #1 contender fight after

With Bisping looking to retire soon and Whittaker being injured for so long the top really is a mess right now. I'd love to see Luke vs Whittaker but I don't know how realistic that is soon

Luke Rockhold vs. Yoel Romero

Chris Weidman vs. Jacare Souza

Uriah Hall vs. David Branch

Essentially these are the best options right now plus have the winners of Machida/Brunson and Silva/Kelvin face off afterwards

I think some reporter asked Dana about that and he 'confirmed' I need to rewatch to see if this is true.

You ever know but I can see GSP sticking around at 185 if he wins after all Whittaker was a 170'er as well. I'm really looking forward to the return. I want Bisping to win, I want to see GSP a few more times. Let's see what happens.

He would lay on Canor for 25 minutes, it would be awful to watch.

Conor's takedown defence is underrated. But he'd gas and GSP would be to good, he could catch him but would expect him to lose. Ufc wouldn't do that.

Conor's takedown defence is underrated. But he'd gas and GSP would be to good, he could catch him but would expect him to lose. UfC wouldn't do that.

The only legit wrestler that Conor fought was at 145. A 185 pound GSP would bully him. I don't see the UFC doing that either. Why ruin the hype of your best marketing machine for a 36 year old that won't fight much longer.

He would lay on Canor for 25 minutes, it would be awful to watch.

If Conor doesn't improve his gas tank I wouldn't be suprised at all if GSP were to actually finish that fight

• Like 1

most likely Whittaker will defend his interim title against Rockhold then the winner of that fight will fight winner of gsp vs bisping which will likely never happen. Basically whittaker vs rockhold for vacant title.

If GSP wins the title then bisping will retire and GSP wont want to fight any of the contenders,

GSP vs Mcgregor is a strong possibility for the MW title, then conor can be champ of 3 divisions

Edited by PunchBag
  • Like 1

The only legit wrestler that Conor fought was at 145. A 185 pound GSP would bully him. I don't see the UFC doing that either. Why ruin the hype of your best marketing machine for a 36 year old that won't fight much longer.

I agree completely but a lot depends on situations. GSP at 155 would be drained maybe but still a better tank than Conor. Why ruin to draws with one **** fight. Get Conor in Russia and GSP double titles or 'superfights' like Silva. I know that's not super but our MayPac fight again 5 years late.

Also I thought Conor dealt with Mendes well. He took it, got up and finished him. Since that his wrestling has got a lot better.

I think Dana is fed up with Woodley and public opinion is low. Give him Lawler again and if the same happens that's a good platform for him GSP.

He will

IF he wins he'll fight Whittaker, T woood fights Lawler and they'll meet down the line is the hope I guess. If Whittakers injury takes longer guess they can make that fight without the risk of both, or one, losing.

But Bisping wins motherfookers

I think Dana is fed up with Woodley and public opinion is low. Give him Lawler again and if the same happens that's a good platform for him GSP.

So you are saying that Dana would use GSP to take Woodley away from the belt ?

Oh man, I respect your opinion but Woodley is just a horrible match for GSP. Thats the last guy GSP wants to face at 170. He even chose to fight Bisping (yeah besides marketing which I dont agree much).

Edited by skillandpower
  • Like 1

So you are saying that Dana would use GSP to take Woodley away from the belt ?

Oh man, I respect your opinion but Woodley is just a horrible match for GSP. Thats the last guy GSP wants to face at 170. He even chose to fight Bisping (yeah besides marketing which I dont agree much).

I just think if anyone takes Woodley down it's GSP. Unlike Maia who does have a far superior ground game GSP knows more than a single leg and can set stuff up. I think GSP wanted 185 because of Wonderboy and maybe hasn't been back sooner because at one point Rory. He has mentioned he wants two belts in various interviews. Both are hard fights, I don't think he gets past mike to start with anyway.

• Like 1

I'd rather watch paint dry with Mormont

I'm a Woodley defender, but even I don't want to see him fight GSP. That's just another defensive boxing match like the Maia fight, where he stuffs 20 takedowns and dances along the cage for 25 minutes.
  • Like 3