juice64011

The Mandalorian discussion thread (Warning:Spoilers)

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

Pre-ordered 'the child" plush doll from Target...isn't released until April

Screenshot_20191204-193049_Target1.jpg

lol I like baby yoda but that is a scam price....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VertFTW said:

lol I like baby yoda but that is a scam price....

I'll cancel if something better/cheaper comes along...locked it in tho just in case...my 11yr old will FREAK over this.

Starting episode 5 now. Gonna write the show off as fan service if by 5 episodes in, they dont establish some kind of over arcing story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TUF said:

Starting episode 5 now. Gonna write the show off as fan service if by 5 episodes in, they dont establish some kind of over arcing story.

Dang, tough critic

5 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

Dang, tough critic

Fan service is fine. Can still enjoy the show if it's basically just a "greatest hits album" being replayed. Just meant as the season is starting to wrap up, the 5th episode will be pretty telling whether it's building toward something bigger or just Hercules in space. 

4 hours ago, TUF said:

Fan service is fine. Can still enjoy the show if it's basically just a "greatest hits album" being replayed. Just meant as the season is starting to wrap up, the 5th episode will be pretty telling whether it's building toward something bigger or just Hercules in space. 

seems high potential just hercules in space...but they have a lot of options i think of where they can take it, which has me excited...I was lol-ing at the noob in Ep5....I wonder how many of these new characters they are introducing in each episode will make it in the long run.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TUF said:

lol @ thinking this was ever a possibility...

This is basically disney starting at the very very basics to see if they can somehow figure out star wars for later down the line.

On 12/6/2019 at 12:44 AM, Jolldan said:

Image may contain: 16 people, people smiling, people standing and text

You'd think $10-million/episode would order them enough fooking stormtroopers m8

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

wow...just read a guess of who the character was checking on the dead assassin lady is...would be cool

It's not. My guess is its Bill Burr's character.

It was a good "subversion of expectations" having a cantina where the bartender shouts no droids in A New Hope, now being managed by droid. Other than that, this was definitely a filler episode and the lady with the 80s perm was a tough watch.

Edited by TUF
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TUF said:

It was a good "subversion of expectations" having a cantina where the bartender shouts no droids in A New Hope, now being managed by droid. Other than that, this was definitely a filler episode and the lady with the 80s perm was a tough watch.

The show is starting to tank bad....eventually Jon will get more desperate and bring in maul or something like that

4 hours ago, VertFTW said:

The show is starting to tank bad....eventually Jon will get more desperate and bring in maul or something like that

If this takes place 5 yrs after Ep6, how would Maul come back?

13 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

If this takes place 5 yrs after Ep6, how would Maul come back?

It’s only like 13 years after Mauls death. 

This kid doesn’t know anything about Star Wars. This is like when he spent months discussing game of thrones and then started actually watching the series for the first time after the series finale.

Everything he says and does is so idiotic that he has to be trolling us.

Edited by 12еr
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, TUF said:

When she was going over the stuff wrong with his ship it honestly reminded of the scene where he's getting ripped off in The Mask lol thought we'd see her getting greedy and taken out by the end of the episode tbh. 

Have heard  a few different theories on who it was on the end of the episode 

Bobba Fett, Greef Karga or Bill Burr's character. Not really too worried who it is I know if its Fett a lot of people will be happy but it was a character that I never took any interest in during the original movies. The first thing that really interested me in the bounty hunter characters was the game for the ps2.

Image result for bounty hunter game 

• Like 1

^dope.

Lol at "show is tanking now". GTFO , Baby Yoda carrying the God damn franchise on his back right now ya goofs

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nyte said:

^dope.

Lol at "show is tanking now". GTFO , Baby Yoda carrying the God damn franchise on his back right now ya goofs

"Congratulations, you played yourself" - DJ Khaled

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nyte said:

^dope.

lol baby Yoda can only carry the show for so long until its starts getting dull.....I think its already happening.

I expect we'll see more of this and opinions similar to Hamill's now they're contracts are up. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/star-wars-actor-john-boyega-105701070.html

25 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

lol baby Yoda can only carry the show for so long until its starts getting dull.....I think its already happening.

"starts getting dull"? 

They've already played all their cards in terms of novelty and nostalgia imo. The galaxy has to be bigger than Jawa's and Tatooine. His ship breaks down and the nearest planet just happens to be Tatooine and he just happens to stumble into THAT cantina with only like 1 patron in the bar who's doing his best Han impression? The last 2 episodes haven't moved the show forward at all. Episodes 1-3 showed some promise but you can't have 4 hour seasons and have this much filler. 

12 minutes ago, TUF said:

I expect we'll see more of this and opinions similar to Hamill's now they're contracts are up. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/star-wars-actor-john-boyega-105701070.html

"starts getting dull"? 

They've already played all their cards in terms of novelty and nostalgia imo. The galaxy has to be bigger than Jawa's and Tatooine. His ship breaks down and the nearest planet just happens to be Tatooine and he just happens to stumble into THAT cantina with only like 1 patron in the bar who's doing his best Han impression? The last 2 episodes haven't moved the show forward at all. Episodes 1-3 showed some promise but you can't have 4 hour seasons and have this much filler. 

LOL at that nagger complaining about anything....His character was forced into the movie for diversity and is utterly pointless...hes getting a free ride and complains lol...

100% agree with your points about novelty and nostalgia...they basically threw the kitchen sink in the first 3 episodes....and they are having a hard time integrating the samurai and the kid storyline into a 30 min show lol......this wont get past season 2....zero chance.

40 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

LOL at that nagger complaining about anything....His character was forced into the movie for diversity and is utterly pointless...hes getting a free ride and complains lol...

100% agree with your points about novelty and nostalgia...they basically threw the kitchen sink in the first 3 episodes....and they are having a hard time integrating the samurai and the kid storyline into a 30 min show lol......this wont get past season 2....zero chance.

I don't really think he was complaining here and I can't say I disagree with him but him thinking he was going to get the new Blade role and then saying he'll never get "Disney Plussed" made him sound pretty entitled. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TUF said:

I don't really think he was complaining here and I can't say I disagree with him but him thinking he was going to get the new Blade role and then saying he'll never get "Disney Plussed" made him sound pretty entitled. 

If he was white he would be working at McDonalds right now based on his acting talents...lol

He should be the last one complaining and being opinionated even though hes 100% right that these movies are heaping piles of you know what.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TUF said:

So I got on ebay to buy one of those light up light saber Coca Cola bottles I keep seeing as maybe a stocking stuffer for somebody for Christmas...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WORLDS-FIRST-STAR-WARS-LIGHT-UP-COCA-COLA-BOTTLE-KYLO-REN-SINGAPORE-LIMITED-ED/133265472083?hash=item1f073dba53:g:m6YAAOSwu1Fd7KW5

450 bucks, hmmm.....better to buy one of those lightsaber kits they sell at star wars park in disney...I heard they are very well made...

11 minutes ago, TUF said:

So I got on ebay to buy one of those light up light saber Coca Cola bottles I keep seeing as maybe a stocking stuffer for somebody for Christmas...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WORLDS-FIRST-STAR-WARS-LIGHT-UP-COCA-COLA-BOTTLE-KYLO-REN-SINGAPORE-LIMITED-ED/133265472083?hash=item1f073dba53:g:m6YAAOSwu1Fd7KW5

how are these not in stores right now?

11 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

how are these not in stores right now?

I thought I read it was in Japan only and you can but it's in very limited release 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, PunchBag said:

episode 5 was ****in awful haha

It wasn't the best episode, but it was good. The worst you could say is that it was "okay."

How exactly was it awful? It was a pretty standard episode of television. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 12еr said:

It wasn't the best episode, but it was good. The worst you could say is that it was "okay."

How exactly was it awful? It was a pretty standard episode of television. 

Show should have been made to binge. Waiting an entire week for 30 minutes of filler that doesn't advance the series whatsoever is a disservice. I still enjoy it and will settle for fan service but the first 3 episodes sold me wolf tickets that it would be bigger.  

18 minutes ago, TUF said:

Show should have been made to binge. Waiting an entire week for 30 minutes of filler that doesn't advance the series whatsoever is a disservice. I still enjoy it and will settle for fan service but the first 3 episodes sold me wolf tickets that it would be bigger.  

regarding advancing the series....seems like they are still establishing the universe/characters/etc...still building is what i'm getting at...i'm patient, so I'll see how "season" 2 turns out whenever it comes out.

13 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

regarding advancing the series....seems like they are still establishing the universe/characters/etc...still building is what i'm getting at...i'm patient, so I'll see how "season" 2 turns out whenever it comes out.

The thing is, at $100 million a season, this show was probably always intended to just be a kick starter for Disney+. I can't imagine this and the Kenobi series will get 8 seasons like a Game of Thrones so there's really no reason to have black to black episodes that literally did nothing. You could have missed both and missed nothing. 

6 minutes ago, TUF said:

The thing is, at $100 million a season, this show was probably always intended to just be a kick starter for Disney+. I can't imagine this and the Kenobi series will get 8 seasons like a Game of Thrones so there's really no reason to have black to black episodes that literally did nothing. You could have missed both and missed nothing. 

dang a 1 and done for $100 mil?  yikes

9 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

No. They've already confirmed season 2 but you think about how much GOT establish about the series and the characters in 5 episodes compared to this show and it's a bit disappointing. 

1 hour ago, TUF said:

It's emulating the serials that George Lucas grew up watching. This is what he wanted to do with Star Wars for a long time but never did. 

You guys are literally never happy about anything. 

45 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

They're already shooting season 2. 

• Like 1

So, this is being shared all over the place, except not by any of the official star wars accounts that I've seen. I'm not sure if it's fake, but it seems like it would be too high quality to be fake....

Assuming it's a real clip, I've got to say that even as a Palpatine naysayer my **** did wiggle a little bit.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 12еr said:

So, this is being shared all over the place, except not by any of the official star wars accounts that I've seen. I'm not sure if it's fake, but it seems like it would be too high quality to be fake....

Assuming it's a real clip, I've got to say that even as a Palpatine naysayer my **** did wiggle a little bit.

Me likey

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

Me likey

Apparently it was a facebook exclusive clip. That explains why I didn't see it on the star wars twitter and youtube, but it's hilarious that facebook would cut that deal when about 1000 people just immediately put it on their youtube pages.

• Like 2

On 12/11/2019 at 11:31 AM, VertFTW said:

Hearing there will be lots of "force" ghosts in this new movie lol

I wouldn't be surprised by that at all. This movie is going to be epic. One week to go!

9 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

79244445_116433223169621_404847191592743

lmao, an oldy, but a goody

4 hours ago, 12еr said:

I still haven't watched it yet - I haven't watched a TV Spot in a week and a half - last one I watched was the "Duel" one where they had Duel of the Fates fade into Imperial March, which most indeed made my jimmies wiggle

I'm gonna try to avoid watching this one too. With just a week to go til I see the movie, I just wanna wait for all the surprises to come

But glad to see you and most people are liking this new clip

Speaking of actually seeing the movie - have any of you cans actually bought tickets yet? When are ya'll seeing it?

I have tickets for both Thursday the 19th and Friday the 20th. And even better - I just finnegled my peak schedule at Amazon and have both days off now :) So I"m gonna see it both days.