juice64011

The Mandalorian discussion thread (Warning:Spoilers)

9 hours ago, 12еr said:

It wasn't the best episode, but it was good. The worst you could say is that it was "okay."

How exactly was it awful? It was a pretty standard episode of television. 

The acting was awful, the dialogue was awful, the story of the episode went nowhere and was like a video game side mission, Some of the choices were retarded and the Mandalorian is no longer a ruthless bounty hunter. The Mandalorian started out with him cutting a guy in half with a door and semeed to be focusing on the ruthless down and dirty side of the universe and the last 2 episodes were just horrendous in every way and have been undoing everything the first episode setup to the point were The Mandalorian makes retarded decisions constantly.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nyte said:

Speaking of actually seeing the movie - have any of you cans actually bought tickets yet? When are ya'll seeing it?

I have tickets for both Thursday the 19th and Friday the 20th. And even better - I just finnegled my peak schedule at Amazon and have both days off now :) So I"m gonna see it both days.

do I have tickets????

Sheeeet Son, I'm camping out with Vert...you like his new spiked hair?

0d79cdebb1e6198e7b4babfcd431d7097e9bf745

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nyte said:

Speaking of actually seeing the movie - have any of you cans actually bought tickets yet? When are ya'll seeing it?

I have tickets for both Thursday the 19th and Friday the 20th. And even better - I just finnegled my peak schedule at Amazon and have both days off now :) So I"m gonna see it both days.

I'll wait to stream it.

• Like 1

Ep6 was weird for me...I didn't really like the new characters they introduced...acting/dialogue seemed off or cheesy...baby yoda is still the best...Mando is still the best.

Not too many threads holding from Episode to Episode though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

Ep6 was weird for me...I didn't really like the new characters they introduced...acting/dialogue seemed off or cheesy...baby yoda is still the best...Mando is still the best.

Baby yoda has about 1 or 2 more episodes of momentum left max.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

Thought it was 8/8 but some of their actions made no sense to me. 

• Like 1

Episode could have been the season finale and I would have been happy. Was great to see a bounty hunter actually hunting. Felt like a horror movie where you were rooting for the monster. 

They made him a little soft the last couple episodes so it was enjoyable getting a reminder that hes got the hands and seeing him out smart them too.

Liked how it referenced the biggest complaints from all 3 trilogies as well with the Gungan, storm trooper accuracy, and Canto Bight jokes. Top 2-3 episode for me so far.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 12еr said:

I'd have thought there would be some hot takes based on that trailer.

Theyve posted more spoliery trailers on their actual Star Wars accounts. What do you have against Palps? Sounds like Rebel propaganda.

**** ,, I watched it. I gave into temptation, to the dark side

Palpatine finna be the best part of the movie, next to Ben Solo's redemption when he starts yeeting everyone 

4 hours ago, TUF said:

Theyve posted more spoliery trailers on their actual Star Wars accounts. What do you have against Palps? Sounds like Rebel propaganda.

I’ve already explained that I don’t care for them bringing back dead characters. It ruins Vader’s sacrifice in ROTJ in this case, and feels lazy in other instances.

Theres a couple ways this could go which would make it okay. First, his survival needs a plausible explanation, and Anakin needs to play some role in his defeat in this movie.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, 12еr said:

Theres a couple ways this could go which would make it okay. First, his survival needs a plausible explanation, and Anakin needs to play some role in his defeat in this movie.

You know full well neither of these things will happen

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Enigma_Machine said:

You know full well neither of these things will happen

Maybe, maybe not.

3 hours ago, Yesterdays_Hero said:

I'm watching all the movies before The Mandalorian and jesus christ Attack of the Clones was a brutal 2 hour sitting

Tuf has left the chat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just got round to watching episode 6 last night. Toss up between this episode 1 or 3 for my favourite of the season so far. 

Really liked the team of mercenaries as well of course Burr was the highlight. 

Related image

Loved seeing The Mandalorian channel his inner Batman in this scene ?

10/10

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 12еr said:

Tuf has left the chat.

Putting any stake in a casual like YH is like me citing Vert as a credible source in a debate mate. Attack of the Clones was just the slow paced catipillar that would become the beautiful butterfly that is Revenge of the Sith.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Yesterdays_Hero said:

I'm watching all the movies before The Mandalorian and jesus christ Attack of the Clones was a brutal 2 hour sitting

you aint seen nothing yet lol....wait til next week for ROS

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, TUF said:

is like me citing Vert as a credible source in a debate mate.

I sense a disturbance in the force...

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

I'm at the point in which I enjoy this thread vastly more than star wars lmao..

You are doing gods work gentlemen. 

Would argue with Mandolorian and sequel trilogy hype at an all time high, coupled with the recent announcement of the GoT showrunners losing their trilogy and Ruin Johnson's looking doubtful, there is balance to the Force atm. 

23 hours ago, TUF said:

Putting any stake in a casual like YH is like me citing Vert as a credible source in a debate mate. Attack of the Clones was just the slow paced catipillar that would become the beautiful butterfly that is Revenge of the Sith.

AOTC was pulling anchor on the human centipede that was the PT m8.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TUF said:

Would argue with Mandolorian and sequel trilogy hype at an all time high, coupled with the recent announcement of the GoT showrunners losing their trilogy and Ruin Johnson's looking doubtful, there is balance to the Force atm. 

Rian's current film is sitting at a 97% critic and 92% audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes. 

Star Wars actually needs him a lot more than he needs Star Wars tbh. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 12еr said:

Rian's current film is sitting at a 97% critic and 92% audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes. 

Star Wars actually needs him a lot more than he needs Star Wars tbh. 

If the early reviews of Jar Jar Abrams movie are any indicator, you might be right. 

• Like 1

???

Image result for mace windu gif

1 hour ago, 12еr said:

AOTC was pulling anchor on the human centipede that was the PT m8.

Related image

Darth Maul & Duel of the Fates lets me forgive all of episode 1's other transgressions

• Like 1

Family tickets purchased for Saturday.  Wouldn't say I'm hyped but am looking forward to it all the same

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TUF said:

If the early reviews of Jar Jar Abrams movie are any indicator, you might be right. 

JJ doesn't have a creative bone in his body.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 12еr said:

JJ doesn't have a creative bone in his body.

lol not sure if the original Star Wars thread has aged well or poorly now after reading this ^ revelation 

Well, I'm not going to see the new film for a week or so, so I will be ducking this thread hard.

Looking forward to catching up with @TUF's terrible Star Wars takes some time in the new year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Well, I'm not going to see the new film for a week or so, so I will be ducking this thread hard.

Looking forward to catching up with @TUF's terrible Star Wars takes some time in the new year.

Have you ever noticed how the bridge on the Star Destroyers somewhat resembles a spoiler. Now imagine that spoiler is a personification of a plot spoiler and...

Image result for star destroyer anatomy

This is how many spoilers your going to get from me mate

Related image

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, TUF said:

Just a friendly reminder that Rise of Skywalker has a worse rating than Attack of the Clones 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_the_rise_of_skywalker/

way too high rating due to paid shills

Jordan Hoffman

ROS 5/5 review : The movie snaps together like a jigsaw puzzle, a series of concluding beats that seem inevitable and perfect, and designed to please all parties, so long as you don't dwell on the logic too much. - Guardian

Also this clown:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/culture/movies/a16646900/black-panther-review/

Also this clown:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/dec/14/star-wars-the-last-jedi-in-depth-fan-review-i-finally-got-to-see-my-dreams-come-true

Matthew Turner

ROS 4/5   Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

A thrilling conclusion to the Skywalker Saga that offers action, emotion and humour, while finding the right balance in appealing to both old and new audiences. - Hero Collect

4/5   Captain Marvel (2019)

A fun '90s-set adventure that delivers action, emotion and humour in the mighty Marvel manner. - Hero Collector

4/5

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017) [The film] not only delivers everything fans could want from the sequel but also gives them a whole load of other stuff they never knew they wanted into the bargain. - Hero Collector

40 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Image may contain: meme and text

THIS IS THE WAY!!!?

Not even drinking blue milk. Fecking casuals. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Trying to get a midnight showing ticket to watch and be first to report back on movie

First showing is at 6PM, dummy.

Also, no one cares about your report. TUF and I are the only hot takes anyone cares about.

• Sad 1