juice64011

The Mandalorian discussion thread (Warning:Spoilers)

Went in to see The Last Skywalker last night. I’ve been pretty critical of the new trilogy but I would say I enjoyed this one by far the most of the new three. 

Will leave spoilers for just now cause I can’t remember the tags for it. 

female storm troopers lol..............................................................................................................................

4 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Went in to see The Last Skywalker last night. I’ve been pretty critical of the new trilogy but I would say I enjoyed this one by far the most of the new three. 

22 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

watched last night....what a mess lol......Jar Jar Abrams is really a worthless POS. will post full review in a bit.

Image result for visible confusion meme

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jolldan said:

lol, already forgot the movies name.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Grading on a curve by release date

Phantom Menace: 65/100

Attack of the Clones: 60/100

Revenge of the Sith: 90/100

Solo: 75/100

Rogue One: 90/100 

A New Hope: 85/100

Empire Strikes Back: 90/100

Return of the Jedi: 80/100

Force Awakens: 70/100

The Last Jedi: 50/100

Rise of Skywalker: Pending tomorrow

Come at me nerds!

Edited by TUF
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, TUF said:

Grading on a curve by release date

Phantom Menace: 65/100

Attack of the Clones: 60/100

Revenge of the Sith: 90/100

Solo: 75/100

Rogue One: 90/100 

A New Hope: 85/100

Empire Strikes Back: 90/100

Return of the Jedi: 80/100

Force Awakens: 70/100

The Last Jedi: 50/100

Rise of Skywalker: Pending tomorrow

Come at me nerds!

Solo deserves better, you philistine piece of human garbage.

• Like 2

I’m going to see this in an hour. I’m going in with an open mind, wanting to enjoy it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, 12еr said:

Solo deserves better, you philistine piece of human garbage.

YouHaveNoPowerHere.jpg until you post your own

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TUF said:

YouHaveNoPowerHere.jpg until you post your own

TPM-45

AOTC- 50

ROTS- 78

ANH- 95

ESB- 99

ROTJ- 92

TFA- 85

TLJ- 95

TROS- ???

Solo-87

Rogue One- 90

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 12еr said:

TPM-45

AOTC- 50

ROTS- 78

ANH- 95

ESB- 99

ROTJ- 92

TFA- 85

TLJ- 95

TROS- ???

Solo-87

Rogue One- 90

Twelvert is taking everything Vert trolled for 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would. The story has some major issues, but it was enjoyable enough to sit through.

The stuff I hated.

1. Palpatine being back.

2. Palpatine being back with basically zero explanation.

3. The fake out deaths. Either kill the characters or don't. They did it 3 ****ing times. 

4. Too derivative of Return of the Jedi.

5. They should have made it more clear that all the Jedi we heard were helping Rey. I'm fairly confident that was the intent, but I'm not positive.

6. Not enough Kylo Ren.

7. I couldn't understand what the Jedi were saying or distinguish their voices except for Yoda and Mace Windu.

8. Everything felt rushed. They kept going from place to place as if they were trying to make up for the fan complaints about not introducing new planets.

9. I'm not sure if Palpatine was alive or just possessing his own corpse. He looked dead until he revived himself at the end. That needed clarification.

Stuff I liked. 

1. Ben bodying the knights of Ren.

2. Final battle was pretty cool. I wish they had showed more dog fighting though.

3. I thought the Han scene would be garbage but I enjoyed it.

4. A lot of cool action scenes throughout. 

5. The main characters had good chemistry and the dialogue wasn't cringy. 

6. Sith temple was badass.

JJ basically set the trilogy up to be a major rehash with TFA. Rian Johnson steered the ship away from that and into a bold new direction. Rian basically made it so they couldn't just rehash Jedi by killing Snoke and then JJ went uber cuck and muscled his way through it to force a remake on us.

Edited by 12еr
  • Like 1

The audience score is currently sitting at 88. It's the exact opposite of The Last Jedi which got great reviews from critics but the audience hated it.

Also, Anakin turned to the dark side with the aim of learning how to save people from death. Kylo promised to finish what Vader started and actually saved Rey from death at the end. Probably a bumbling accident because JJ has no imagination, but it works out.

Edited by 12еr
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 12еr said:

@TUF we started this 4 years ago and now we end it.

I await your terrible takes.

Youre under the assumption that Disney is done milking the Star Wars teet. It will never end. Cant see until tonight tho so gonna need a non spoilery review.

Edited by TUF
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TUF said:

Twelvert is taking everything Vert trolled for 

Dont understand how 12er can give TFA 85 points since it's a.complete rehash and we know in hindsight now that was jar jar abrams intention so start point should be docked at least 40-50 points.

1 hour ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I liked it. I'm not going to go into too much detail but it was way better than TLJ IMO. 

I knew i would like it more than TLJ when the critics were pooping on it. 

• Like 1

I saw it last night. Seeing it again tonight, need a 2nd viewing for sure.

But overall, I liked it. I was mixed on TLJ after first viewing - after 2nd viewing, I liked it 5x better so we'll see how my 2nd viewing of RoS goes tonight 

• Like 1

Kylo Ren easily the best thing to come out of the movie and this trilogy 

Edited by Nyte
  • Like 2

On 12/19/2019 at 2:45 PM, TUF said:

Image result for visible confusion meme

It was better than the first two imo. Not saying its amazing or anything lol but would say a step up from Force Awakens and a whole staircase up from The Last Jedi

22 hours ago, 12еr said:

lol, already forgot the movies name.

I had been up for like a day and a half at this point give me a break lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also just got round to watching episode 7 of The Mandalorian. Not sure if everybody has seen yet so will leave out spoilers will just say its one of my favourites of the season. 

Crazy to think if you asked me 10 years ago what Star Wars thing I would want more, a tv show about a character I knew nothing about where episodes aren't event the standard or a 39-42 minutes of an hour show or a complete new trilogy of Star Wars movies with a host of new characters and featuring the original cast it wouldn't have been close, it would have been the trilogy every time now id be like "just give me season 2 of The Mandalorian" lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jolldan said:

Also just got round to watching episode 7 of The Mandalorian. Not sure if everybody has seen yet so will leave out spoilers will just say its one of my favourites of the season. 

Crazy to think if you asked me 10 years ago what Star Wars thing I would want more, a tv show about a character I knew nothing about where episodes aren't event the standard or a 39-42 minutes of an hour show or a complete new trilogy of Star Wars movies with a host of new characters and featuring the original cast it wouldn't have been close, it would have been the trilogy every time now id be like "just give me season 2 of The Mandalorian" lol.

This and this is my biggest complaint about TLJ. They could have spent 5 minutes of back story on Finn and Poe, making us care about them but instead we got 2 hours of Canto Bight and SJWs putting "mansplainsers" in there place and I could literally care less what happens to Finn and Poe now. 

1 minute ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

He's about the only character that really has character lol. 

Agree.....Palpatine was OK given how terribly bad Jar Jar Abrams wrote him into the "story"...

• Confused 1

Updating my official rankings:

1. ESB

2. ANH

3. ROTS

4. ROTJ

5. RO

6. TPM

7. TLJ

8. Solo

9. TFA

10. AOTC

11. ROS

ROS really blew me away negatively in terms of plot/storyline development, imagination, pacing, characterisation and satisfaction.....clearly the worst movie of star wars.

[      then you write spoiler and then close it with another ] and then write whatever the **** you want.

Filthy forum casuals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

He's about the only character that really has character lol. 

I have no idea why JJ thought that **** shoehorning Palpatine into this instead of focusing on the most interesting character portrayed by one of the best actors to ever appear in Star Wars was a good option.

But then again, based on audience response, Star Wars fan's don't want an interesting and fresh movie, they just want to be reminded that they like Star Wars.

Edited by 12еr
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 12еr said:

JJ Abrams is the GSP of filmmakers. 

I expect a formal written apology to me in the original Star Wars thread and compensation for my lost time. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TUF said:

I expect a formal written apology to me in the original Star Wars thread and compensation for my lost time. 

No. I acknowledged that he played it safe and I said it was acceptable as long as it was just the first movie and they broke from that in the sequel.

The GOAT Rian Johnson did just that and then Abrams came back and cucked it up again. If someone else had made this movie, it would still be fine.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, 12еr said:

No. I acknowledged that he played it safe and I said it was acceptable as long as it was just the first movie and they broke from that in the sequel.

The GOAT Rian Johnson did just that and then Abrams came back and cucked it up again. If someone else had made this movie, it would still be fine.

Out of respect for all parties, I will not gravedig that thread but I'm not sure why Rian gets a free pass for copying George's homework but JJ doesn't. Somewhere along the way, being a joy vacuum got confused for "subverting expectations"  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Im actually having a hard time tying to pick out a plot hole to laugh about on this board......so many to choose from and dont know where to start lol

27 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Im actually having a hard time tying to pick out a plot hole to laugh about on this board......so many to choose from and dont know where to start lol

Palpatine tells Kylo to kill Rey at the beginning of the movie, despite the fact that his plan requires Rey to show up on Exegol in the end. 

Kylo looked like he was about kill her on DS2 until Leia died and distracted him long enough to get cheap shotted by Rey.

• Haha 1

It was all fan service, plot holey, a rehash, sometimes cringey, and a fecking loved it. Come at me nerdgins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, TUF said:

It was all fan service, plot holey, a rehash, sometimes cringey, and a fecking loved it. Come at me nerdgins.

It was so embarassingly bad I'm not even angry anymore lol 

I'm just glad I got to see rose tico gunning down trained armored storm troopers like nothing lol oh and ewoks

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TUF said:

It makes less sense the more you think about it. I think JJ kept the pacing so fast so that you could never stop to think WTF is happening.

For example, and it didn't dawn on me until I saw someone else point it out but....

Palpatine wanted Rey to kill him so his spirit would enter her body and in the end she kills him, so why isn't he possessing her now. We don't even get an explanation, just like everything else in the ****ing movie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 12еr said:

It makes less sense the more you think about it. I think JJ kept the pacing so fast so that you could never stop to think WTF is happening.

For example, and it didn't dawn on me until I saw someone else point it out but....

Reveal hidden contents

Palpatine wanted Rey to kill him so his spirit would enter her body and in the end she kills him, so why isn't he possessing her now. We don't even get an explanation, just like everything else in the ****ing movie.

The Michael Bay school of directing. Never giving the audience a chance to realize how chitty wok your movie is.

Was my thought as well at the end but chalked it up to either him being killed by his own powers or "all the jedi" did it. The biggest plot hole was Palps needing Rey despite him telling Kylo to kill her. Everything was wrong about Palpatine and not givng force ghost Anakin a bigger assist in the end to kill Palps tarnishes the spirit of the trilogy as whole but id be lying if i didnt say i loved the movie outside of that. 

It was safe. It was predictable. It didnt break any new ground but I was smiling like an idiot when i left. 

• Like 1

I liked it and those horrible rotten tomato scores are way off base. It definitely has problems but I had fun watching it from start to finish. Better by a mile than any of the prequels and better than TLJ. Actually I'd probably say its the best star wars movie since the originals besides rogue one.

I fooking loved Baba Frett or whatever his name is. Every single line he spoke had me cracking up and he didnt even speak English most of the time. Whoever designed that character needs a raise.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, TUF said:

Hide contents

I dont know how to do spoilers so I hijacked TUFS quote. One thing I didnt like is how they killed chewie and like 2 scenes later he's back alive. I would have been fine with him staying dead as that would have put some real weight and consequence on the fact that Rey cant control her powers. At the very least they should have left us in shock at Chewies death for more than 20 seconds

1 hour ago, TUF said:

• Like 1