juice64011

The Mandalorian discussion thread (Warning:Spoilers)

In honor of SVTContour Junior

ESB

Rogue One

RotS

ROS

ANH

RotJ

Solo

Force Awakens

Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

Holiday Special

The Last Jedi 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mandalorian Season 1

Some of the episodes have aged better on a rewatch after knowing where the season is going

• Thanks 1

So now that we can rule out Bill Burr and Moff Gideon, we can assume this was Boba now?

The sounds, the spurs, and seems like they went out of there way to make an outlier episode on Tatooine where Boba supposedly died, on episode 5 of the series. Similar to Boba debuting on episode 5 of the OT. Theyve already necro'd Maul and Palpatine so fook it, why not. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

80642705_744333139394747_899194268050207

I sort of enjoyed the season living mostly in a bubble (other then Baby Yoda) It wasn't Force/Skywalker focused. The Obi Wan series will have enough of that. The history of the Dark Saber is interesting but hope it revolves more around it's Mandolorian history and not the Jedi going forward. 

2 minutes ago, TUF said:

I sort of enjoyed the season living mostly in a bubble (other then Baby Yoda) It wasn't Force/Skywalker focused. The Obi Wan series will have enough of that. The history of the Dark Saber is interesting but hope it revolves more around it's Mandolorian history and not the Jedi going forward. 

I'm assuming Season 2 will be focused more on Jedi

1 minute ago, SVTContour98 said:

I'm assuming Season 2 will be focused more on Jedi

There's not much or many to focus on but that would make Boba an ally I suppose if true and would rather see the Mandalorian and Boba throw hands. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TUF said:

There's not much or many to focus on but that would make Boba an ally I suppose if true and would rather see the Mandalorian and Boba throw hands. 

would be awesome

11 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Na bro it just that there are more interesting directions that can be taken.

i'm assuming this b/c didn't the head Mandalorian lady say something about the Jedi in Ep8?

5 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

i'm assuming this b/c didn't the head Mandalorian lady say something about the Jedi in Ep8?

Yeah but they shouldnt really venture into that territory IMO they can get into the Hutts crime sindicate and would have material for a couple of seasons If they wanted to 

Edited by VertFTW

2 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

i'm guessing baby yoda is in this series for the long haul now....wonder if there will be time jumps at all where we see him much older

Unlikely I think they end the baby yoda story chain soon since Imo its run its course

6 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Unlikely I think they end the baby yoda story chain soon since Imo its run its course

didn't they imply the sole job of the mandalorian was now to raise the child as his own until he find it's origins?

• Like 2

Just now, SVTContour98 said:

didn't they imply the sole job of the mandalorian was now to raise the child as his own until he find it's origins?

Yeah  but can't drag a whole season on that story arc

5 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

This is pretty accurate. I don't know **** about the Darksaber. 

Lmao. Yeah that's a very accurate meme. Once he started slicing that chit open, I became that bottom pic 

On 12/30/2019 at 12:16 PM, TUF said:

In honor of SVTContour Junior

ESB

Rogue One

RotS

ROS

ANH

RotJ

Solo

Force Awakens

Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

Holiday Special

The Last Jedi 

In honor of TUF posting in honor of SVT, here is Nyte's official list circa 2019

1. Empire

2. A New Hope

3. Return of the Jedi

4. Rise of Skywalker

5. The Last Jedi 

6. The Force Awakens

7. Revenge of the Sith

8. Attack of the Clones

9. Phantom Menace 

Didnt include Solo and Rogue One , but if we're considering those, I would put Rogue One after TFA and Solo at last place.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Nyte said:

In honor of TUF posting in honor of SVT, here is Nyte's official list circa 2019

1. Empire

2. A New Hope

3. Return of the Jedi

4. Rise of Skywalker

5. The Last Jedi 

6. The Force Awakens

7. Revenge of the Sith

8. Attack of the Clones

9. Phantom Menace 

Didnt include Solo and Rogue One , but if we're considering those, I would put Rogue One after TFA and Solo at last place.

I liked this post before i read the footnote and my Forum Decade Awards might need adjusting after these transgressions

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Nyte said:

1. Empire

2. A New Hope

3. Return of the Jedi

4. Rise of Skywalker

5. The Last Jedi 

6. The Force Awakens

7. Revenge of the Sith

8. Attack of the Clones

9. Phantom Menace 

This list is lol bad

1 hour ago, TUF said:

I liked this post before i read the footnote and my Forum Decade Awards might need adjusting after these transgressions

My forum awards days are over m8. After winning Best Canadian and Thread of the Year (Forum Etiquette Guide 2013), I will ruffley never top that again but I appreciate your motion 

• Like 1

I'm rewatching 7 right now and going to rewatch 8 now to see how they hold up with the knowledge of how it ends and I noticed a nice payoff in 9.

In the scene where Rey touches Anakin's lightsaber she has a vision and we all assumed it was a flashback and that this was Kylo when he was destroying Luke's temple. We see him impaling this dude and then being surrounded by dead bodies.

latest?cb=20161014143727

4ff.jpg

But now after seeing 9, I realize that we're actually seeing a vision of the future. At least, I think that's what JJ is going for. These guys that he bodies on Mustafar in the first scene of TROS are dressed exactly the same.

giphy.gif

We then see him surrounded by dead bodies exactly like he is in the scene from TFA, with the only differences being that the Knights of Ren aren't there and he's not wearing his mask in TROS.

Some small plotholes, but if that's what JJ was going for here it's a nice touch.

• Like 2

Nice spot ^ I went back and watched them black to black after opening weekend as well and was surprised how much more enjoyable TLJ was, knowing how the series ends. If Rian, JJ, and Kathleen Kennedy were in a room together and I had 2 bullets, I would shoot KK twice. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

About Jar Jar Abrams......Other than the opening of his first star trek reboot movie what else has he done that is remotely interesting?

5 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

About Jar Jar Abrams......Other than the opening of his first star trek reboot movie what else has he done that is remotely interesting?

Star Trek is 1950's gаy.

• Like 1

Was a pretty entertaining listen but idk what to believe. It was way too long and detailed for anybody to remember all that so they were either documenting all of this throughout the shoot or its BS. 

All Disney has ever cared about was Galaxies Edge, merchandising, and Disney+. Thats why they unnaturally shoehorned in spin off origins, rushed scripts/production, and 1 dimensional characters. 

16 hours ago, TUF said:

Nice spot ^ I went back and watched them black to black after opening weekend as well and was surprised how much more enjoyable TLJ was, knowing how the series ends. If Rian, JJ, and Kathleen Kennedy were in a room together and I had 2 bullets, I would shoot KK twice. 

This is the closest we'll get to TUF admitting TLJ was good, and god damn it, after months (years) of reading this thread, this is a glorious post

Also, I saw ROS for 5th time last night. No ragrets

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TUF said:

That guy is fecking delusional if he thinks JJ really copied his fan fiction. He only steals George Lucas's fan fiction!

no, did you even read through the leaks? it confirms what has been rumored since before the movie came out...Jar Jar Abrams didnt have full control of the movie making process so the filming was a complete mess....he lost creative control with all the drama that happened. Id like to see a Jar Jar Abrams cut someday...I bet it will be worse than the theatrical release somehow lol

7 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

no, did you even read through the leaks? it confirms what has been rumored since before the movie came out...Jar Jar Abrams didnt have full control of the movie making process so the filming was a complete mess....he lost creative control with all the drama that happened. Id like to see a Jar Jar Abrams cut someday...I bet it will be worse than the theatrical release somehow lol

Did you?

How could more of Kylo mowing down coonts on Mustafar be worse. How could Disney cutting out Force Ghosts Anakin, Luke, Qui Gon, Windu be better than what we got. I blame everything on Iger and Kennedy but I'm glad somebody with big dic.k energy like Favreau is involved now too to keep them in their lane. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TUF said:

Was a pretty entertaining listen but idk what to believe. It was way too long and detailed for anybody to remember all that so they were either documenting all of this throughout the shoot or its BS. 

All Disney has ever cared about was Galaxies Edge, merchandising, and Disney+. Thats why they unnaturally shoehorned in spin off origins, rushed scripts/production, and 1 dimensional characters. 

idk what to believe either, BUT, the more I read the more it seemed real.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

idk what to believe either, BUT, the more I read the more it seemed real.

100% beleivable based on quality of movie that came out.

2 hours ago, TUF said:

Did you?

How could more of Kylo mowing down coonts on Mustafar be worse. How could Disney cutting out Force Ghosts Anakin, Luke, Qui Gon, Windu be better than what we got. I blame everything on Iger and Kennedy but I'm glad somebody with big dic.k energy like Favreau is involved now too to keep them in their lane. 

yeah I read it and saw various SW yoububers disect text(including the one that SVT posted). Agree that root cause here is Iger and KK but JJ would have tanked this movie either way given the initial premise he set up.

On 1/1/2020 at 6:22 AM, VertFTW said:

Yeah  but can't drag a whole season on that story arc

season 1 - The babyguard. - Mando protects Baby Yoda

season 2 - Degobah Alone 4  - Mando accidentally leaves Baby Yoda somewhere and must get it back. 

season 3 - Ferris Baby Yoda's Day Off - Baby Yoda feins illness to go on it's own adventures with mildly force sensitive friends

season 4 - Breaking Dark - Bada starts cooking Kyber Crystals for street gangs & Mando has suspicions. 

season 5 - Baby Carrie - Bada's newfound lust for power leads it to strike back violently at intergalactic oppressors and Mando does not approve.

season 6 - revenge of the sith 2 - Bada & friends turn on mandalorians. Only Mando can bring it back. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Image may contain: 2 people, text

This, vacations for me all over, will probably pirate as soon as I'm back home

Image may contain: 4 people, meme, possible text that says 'Mando: A Mandalorian never removes their helmet. This is the way. Other Mandalorians:'

Curios now that the Skywalker saga is over what time would you like to see them move to next?

Personally hope Revan gets a trilogy. 

Image result for revan

2 hours ago, Jolldan said:

over what time would you like to see them move to next?

Ewoks battle for endor reboot ftw

• Like 2