juice64011

The Mandalorian discussion thread (Warning:Spoilers)

14 hours ago, BART-O-LINI said:

Is baby Yoda the prophecy that Obi Wan and Yoda were discussing? If you recall in episode 5, ESB, Obi Wan refers to Luke as their final hope, with Yoda claiming that there is another.

Nah, he was talking about Leia. 

• Like 3

My friend is selling his collection of SW prequel cans and I know just who to buy them for. 

Image may contain: 2 people, indoor

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When is Kenobi series filming? Read reports spring 2021 and then another report claiming it's filming fall of this year

I don't know what to believe anymore, but this is the series I'm looking forward to most.

I hope they keep it 3-4 episodes (45-min each) - which is what I've heard... I think that's preferable than having a 10-episode series. I think it'll get diluted if it's too long. Take the Clone Wars Season 7 for instance - last four episodes were some of the best Star Wars I've ever seen. But all the episodes before that were meh (couple good ones, but didn't care for the dikes-storyline). I think they can do the same with the Kenobi series - minimal, but meaningful episodes.

Also I'm watching Rogue One as I type this. Ya love to see it

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 4:46 PM, VertFTW said:

So this trilogy was about the arc of Vader's grandson and Palpatine's granddaughter and this scrandy is complaining he didn't play a bigger role when he got more screen time than Kylo Ren in all 3 movies VVV and had a pretty fleshed out arc in TLJ 

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls027631145/

• Haha 1

Just now, TUF said:

So this trilogy was about the arc of Vader's grandson and Palpatine's granddaughter and this scrandy is complaining he didn't play a bigger role when he got more screen time than Kylo Ren in all 3 movies VVV and had a pretty fleshed out arc in TLJ 

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls027631145/

To be fair he was portrayed in the first trailer like if he was a central character...eventually went back to being a token black guy yelling rey in all his lines..he sorta has a point..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

To be fair he was portrayed in the first trailer like if he was a central character...eventually went back to being a token black guy yelling rey in all his lines..he sorta has a point..

my 12 yr old counted all the times in ROS that he yelled....it was legit like 75% of his lines.

To be fair to Disney they botched everyone's character in this trilogy....except maybe kylo ren and maybe rose ticos sister...cant think of anyone else 

7 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

To be fair to Disney they botched everyone's character in this trilogy....except maybe kylo ren and maybe rose ticos sister...cant think of anyone else 

Hux was a smarmy **** who got humbled by Kylo Ren and then eventually betrayed the FO just to **** over his rival. 

Nothing wrong with that. ROS should have had the FO fractured into a faction loyal to Hux and a faction loyal to Kylo.

That would have been a natural progression that would actually give the resistance a believable way to come out on top.

JJ is a hack.

17 hours ago, 12еr said:

Hux was a smarmy **** who got humbled by Kylo Ren and then eventually betrayed the FO just to **** over his rival. 

Nothing wrong with that. ROS should have had the FO fractured into a faction loyal to Hux and a faction loyal to Kylo.

That would have been a natural progression that would actually give the resistance a believable way to come out on top.

JJ is a hack.

Hux was ok for a FO general in the Disney era but the character was ragdolled in TLJ and ROS.....in general all Disney empire generals miss the mark against original trilogy generals and even prequel trilogy...general greivus wasnt botched at all.

57 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Hux was ok for a FO general in the Disney era but the character was ragdolled in TLJ and ROS.....in general all Disney empire generals miss the mark against original trilogy generals and even prequel trilogy...general greivus wasnt botched at all.

Grievous was in one movie, for all of five minutes of screen time. 

The original trilogy military officers were just around for Vader to choke.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 12еr said:

Grievous was in one movie, for all of five minutes of screen time. 

The original trilogy military officers were just around for Vader to choke.

Vader wouldn't dare touch Tarkin.

12 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Vader wouldn't dare touch Tarkin.

Only because the Emperor wanted Tarkin around, not because Tarkin could do anything to Vader.

On 9/6/2020 at 12:09 PM, 12еr said:

Only because the Emperor wanted Tarkin around, not because Tarkin could do anything to Vader.

Tarkin out-ranked Vader actually.

lol Daisy throws JJ Abrams under the bus....confirms there was no plan for her lineage and basically JJ just winged it(we already knew this)...

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

lol Daisy throws JJ Abrams under the bus....confirms there was no plan for her lineage and basically JJ just winged it(we already knew this)...

The article i read, she was going to be related to Obi Wan, then they changed it to she was no one in TLJ, and then to Palpatines blood for RoS. They honestly should just retcon the whole trilogy and try again. 

21 minutes ago, TUF said:

The article i read, she was going to be related to Obi Wan, then they changed it to she was no one in TLJ, and then to Palpatines blood for RoS. They honestly should just retcon the whole trilogy and try again. 

yeah she sorta confirmed this in that interview probably wouldnt have made much of a difference.

6 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Tarkin out-ranked Vader actually.

Grand Moff doesn’t outrank sith lord

5 hours ago, TUF said:

Being related to Obi-Wan makes even less sense. He took being a Jedi pretty seriously, I don’t see why he would start slinging **** on Tatooine.

The only woman he ever had feelings for in canon died during the clone wars childless. 

She should have remained the bastard daughter of drunken degenerates. It was a better story.

• Like 3

Just chiming in on boyega being a racist egotistical piece of fcking shlt. 

I heard Disney are finally trying to dump their cancerous sjw workforce. Cvnts like him should be the first to go. 

Edited by Dark_Horse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/10/2020 at 9:29 AM, VertFTW said:

On 9/10/2020 at 10:01 AM, TUF said:

Not necessarily JJs fault , but Disney overall not having a plan from the beginning 

More in line with what TUF said - they essentially just let the directors do whatever they wanted which moreover shows they didn't have a cohesive story to fulfill. 

the whole ironic part is people hate TLJ and/or Rian Johnson, but the main concept he built in TLJ was used exclusively in RoS or developed more in RoS lol. Cause JJ can't come up with anything new 

Kylo/ Rey force bond (which was used throughout the whole movie + adding in transporting physical items i.e. Kylo grabbing her necklace or Rey passing Ben the Saber) is what I'm referring to which was whole basis of their relationship in 9.

And in response to Boyega stuff - I don't blame him. In force awakens, I actually really liked him. Former storm trooper finding himself with the enemy [resistance] and having a past and unknown future to deal with. But his arc was trash since it went nowhere in RoS.  His bits in TLJ were boring, for most part, but at least at the end he committed to the resistance rather than just seeking out Rey. 

Then RoS happens and all he does is shout Rey all movie. But hey , JJ made him force sensitive so he'd be able to scream Rey through the force ala Vader toying with Luke at the end Empire 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nyte said:

Cause JJ can't come up with anything new

Pretty much this is the key to this whole chit show....basically JJ pitched to KK to do the trilogy as a safe reboot similar to what he did with star trek and KK agreed. 

After watching RoS, I think Finn didnt get any closure on his character because they were planning on some form of Disney+ spin off but Boyega probably hard passed. It seemed like they left his Force storyline intentionally open to explore it. Even Kennedy made mention to their stories continuing on but meh, nothing of value was lost.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 11:29 AM, VertFTW said:

They made an animated short to promote the new Star Wars dog fighting game that comes out in a couple weeks, it’s pretty sick actually.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

What is the timeline for the "Kenobi" series?  I'm trying to figure out how Darth Maul is back...?

Who said he is back? Rebels already established that Maul is unaware that Kenobi survived the purge until the events that lead to their final duel and Mauls death. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 12еr said:

Who said he is back? Rebels already established that Maul is unaware that Kenobi survived the purge until the events that lead to their final duel and Mauls death. 

I saw a Kenobi preview that had Maul in it....maybe it was a "dream scene" Ben was having

As you can see, Kenobi happens right around the events of Solo, and years before the events of rebels, and his duel with Maul is toward the end of the events of rebels.

CE4CBCEA-44B3-4A4E-880D-C212BCEF1F6E.jpeg.e719fbe91efe5512b0ff558fa6e64540.jpeg

In rebels, Maul puts a Jedi and Sith Holocron together to gain forbidden knowledge and the vision he sees is how he knows Kenobi is still alive and then he sets out to find him.

They didn’t leave any room for them to stumble upon each other years earlier IMO. It’s going to be so forced if they do it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, SVTContour98 said:

I saw a Kenobi preview that had Maul in it....maybe it was a "dream scene" Ben was having

They haven’t started shooting so you fell for some fake news, homie. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, 12еr said:

As you can see, Kenobi happens right around the events of Solo, and years before the events of rebels, and his duel with Maul is toward the end of the events of rebels.

CE4CBCEA-44B3-4A4E-880D-C212BCEF1F6E.jpeg.e719fbe91efe5512b0ff558fa6e64540.jpeg

In rebels, Maul puts a Jedi and Sith Holocron together to gain forbidden knowledge and the vision he sees is how he knows Kenobi is still alive and then he sets out to find him.

They didn’t leave any room for them to stumble upon each other years earlier IMO. It’s going to be so forced if they do it.

wait...didn't Maul die in Episode 1????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SVTContour98 said:

wait...didn't Maul die in Episode 1????

Are you trying to trigger me, m8y? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, 12еr said:

Are you trying to trigger me, m8y? 

man.....idk what's going on...ok i just googled it all....we over here still operating on the idea that you cut a guy in half he dies...apologies to everyone!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

man.....idk what's going on...ok i just googled it all....we over here still operating on the idea that you cut a guy in half he dies...apologies to everyone!

I couldn’t tell if you were kidding. You should watch clone wars with your daughter and then rebels. I hated the idea of Maul coming back from the dead, but they actually made it worth it because his character arc is fantastic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/19/2020 at 6:20 PM, 12еr said:

That was nice but the cut of the last couple minutes were 👌 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also the 30 minute weekly drops of Mandalorian have kilt my hype. I may avoid this thread for the first month to binge some of it. I feel like The Boys got it right with their format. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1