juice64011

The Mandalorian discussion thread (Warning:Spoilers)

17 hours ago, VertFTW said:

How so? He will be showing his face...Hayden won't be.

They will be. Months ago they had already announced he was returning as Anakin and Vader. Imo , this investor day just made it official 

4 hours ago, POTUF said:

For a 2nd to last episode of the season, was a bit underwelming and its like George Lucas is still writing the dialogue. If they can somehow make Bill Burr unfunny, that needs to change. 

They obviously wouldnt kill the title character but my butt hole was puckering when Mando was throwing hands in armor that wasnt bullet proof for the first time since the 2nd episose of the show. 

Ooof , I liked the episode . Not as cringe as George Lucas dialogue , what crack you on TUF?!

Side tangent:

I watched Attack of the Clones few days ago (hadn't watched it in while) , and Boba mentioning Jango in that last Mando episode got me wanting to see Mace yeet Jango again 

Anyways...there's some real damn cringe in episode 2. God damn that movie is boring for the first...idk..1 and half hours. At least when they get to Geonosis,  it picks up a bit. 

Best part of movie is when Shmi dies and Anakin is built with rage and starts yeeting not just the men , but the women and children

Cause up until that point of the movie , finally someone aint talking and we just get to watch Anakin DO something rather than just say rando things. Also like how qui-gon is trying to reach out to Anakin thru the force while he is slaughtering not just the men , but the women and the children. You can hear his voice when it cuts to Yoda meditating. Scene should have been a bit loner tbh

Edited by Nyte

10 hours ago, 12еr said:

He almost certainly will be or they wouldn’t have cast him. 

Even if he doesn’t, you have no reason to think so, dummy.

If they barely showed pedro pascals face and he just does voice what makes you think Hayden will get much if any screen time? 

The vader character only took his helmet off twice in the Originals...once for maint and didnt show his face and the other when he died.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, VertFTW said:

If they barely showed pedro pascals face and he just does voice what makes you think Hayden will get much if any screen time? 

The vader character only took his helmet off twice in the Originals...once for maint and didnt show his face and the other when he died.

They could put anyone in the suit, if they brought back Hayden they did it for a reason.

Force visions, flashbacks, etc.

Your takes are terrible dude.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

12yr old wants an episode 2.5.....she wants more pre-Vader Anakin and Padme

They can do without the aiming and just have the Padme, or Vader and Padme, or just Padme.

I'd be fine with whichever.

Or Evey in that pink dress,

Female Thor,

Think you get my point.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, 12еr said:

They could put anyone in the suit, if they brought back Hayden they did it for a reason.

Force visions, flashbacks, etc.

Your takes are terrible dude.

So hes back for some cameos lol sigh 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

12yr old wants an episode 2.5.....she wants more pre-Vader Anakin and Padme

That’s the clone wars tv show and that show is aimed at kids. 

• Like 1

Powered through season 2 this weekend while 8 dealt with a new bedroom set and rearranging my place.

Pretty good overall. I like how they are using the side characters that were fan favorites,  but never made it much further.

Seeing old Fett was great. I wish they would have done something a little more Vaderish from Rogue one with Ahsoka. Where you just see the blades cutting people down and you dint see her for a little while longer. Makes the informed fans know, and makes the new fans see the badass she is.

The best for me will be Thrawn. I read the Zahn series back in the 90s, maybe even early 90s and thought it was a great series. It was the future of the series before Lucas picked the ball back up again. 

Obviously its not a Perfect show, but as a fan it is checking all the boxes I like.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MoZZez said:

Powered through season 2 this weekend while 8 dealt with a new bedroom set and rearranging my place.

Pretty good overall. I like how they are using the side characters that were fan favorites,  but never made it much further.

Seeing old Fett was great. I wish they would have done something a little more Vaderish from Rogue one with Ahsoka. Where you just see the blades cutting people down and you dint see her for a little while longer. Makes the informed fans know, and makes the new fans see the badass she is.

The best for me will be Thrawn. I read the Zahn series back in the 90s, maybe even early 90s and thought it was a great series. It was the future of the series before Lucas picked the ball back up again. 

Obviously its not a Perfect show, but as a fan it is checking all the boxes I like.

Im glad im not the only one that was bothered by this but didnt think it was worth mentioning. They almost pulled off something real cool but the reveal was weird. It should have been like Jaws under all the fog and then reveal her before showing the rest if that opening sequence.

Just now, SVTContour98 said:

Live Action only...she is not into animation.

Well they are never going to do a live action movie about Anakin and Padme because the actors are too old now, and they already did it.

Can they please make a Vader Movie that takes place between Ep3 and Ep4

Can they please make a Luke Movie that takes place between Ep6 and Ep7 (IDC is Luke has to be digitally remade to be young)

35 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

Can they please make a Luke Movie that takes place between Ep6 and Ep7 (IDC is Luke has to be digitally remade to be young)

Having Luke post Empire and Pre Force awakes would be good.

Could add Mara Jade, Thrawn and a whole lot of other Canon on there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

We don’t need the Vader movie. That time period has been thoroughly covered and we don’t need to retread it again. The period between 3 and 4 has two movies, two tv shows, dozens of comics and novels. They’re about to have the Kenobi series as well.

We need to see more of what Luke did between the OT and ST, but after that let’s just move on from the skywalker saga completely.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, gadgets19 said:

image.thumb.png.d93eb7632e307ca1726e0aa6313762b3.png

So I watched the deleted scenes for Revenge of the Sith for the first time last night and George really hated Shaak Ti. The first 2 I watched were her getting speared by Grievous and the Anakin in the Jedi temple. It was hilariously unnecessary. 

• Like 1

12yr old's Christmas presents that are related to star wars....these are split between us and both sets of grandparents....feels like i'm missing a baby yoda/mando gift tho

2 separate Star Wars lego sets (1 is the anakin vs obi wan mustafar scene)

1 star wars Brickhead set (kylo with Sith Trooper)

star wars ipad case (ep 4 poster scene)

Star Wars action figures (cant recall which ones we got)

Edited by SVTContour98
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

12yr old's Christmas presents that are related to star wars....these are split between us and both sets of grandparents....feels like i'm missing a baby yoda/mando gift tho

lol you are spoling your kids with too much gifts...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

Does your family have a gaming console? If so, the game Jedi Fallen Order.

If you have an Xbox, just buy a games pass subscription because it’s on games pass. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

lol you are spoling your kids with too much gifts...

He listed five presents coming from 3 sources. I dont know what kind of austerity Xmas you cholos do in Mexico but his list was fairly modest. If you think he’s spoiling his kids you don’t want to know all the **** I buy for my baby girl.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, 12еr said:

Does your family have a gaming console? If so, the game Jedi Fallen Order.

If you have an Xbox, just buy a games pass subscription because it’s on games pass. 

i might ask if she would want that for her bday (january).....she likes the star war lego game on xbox...I'll let her see the trailer/game play for fallen order and see what she thinks about it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

i might ask if she would want that for her bday (january).....she likes the star war lego game on xbox...I'll let her see the trailer/game play for fallen order and see what she thinks about it.

It’s a little more adult, but there’s no gore or dismemberment despite killing storm troopers with lightsabers. Maybe check out some gameplay footage on YouTube to see if you think it’s age appropriate 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 12еr said:

It’s a little more adult, but there’s no gore or dismemberment despite killing storm troopers with lightsabers. Maybe check out some gameplay footage on YouTube to see if you think it’s age appropriate 

what about dialogue?  any cursing or sexual images?  I doubt the latter but then again they put that stuff in Halo

13 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

what about dialogue?  any cursing or sexual images?  I doubt the latter but then again they put that stuff in Halo

Not that I recall on cursing, and definitely no sex. The main character is a survivor of the purge so there are some dark themes. A few character deaths. Honestly, nothing worse than Anakin butchering younglings that I remember. The tone is closer to revenge of the sith than a new hope

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 12еr said:

Not that I recall on cursing, and definitely no sex. The main character is a survivor of the purge so there are some dark themes. A few character deaths. Honestly, nothing worse than Anakin butchering younglings that I remember. The tone is closer to revenge of the sith than a new hope

great to know, i appreciate it.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 3:01 PM, 12еr said:

I just got done playing this a few weeks ago. I can confirm that there isn't any bad language or inappropriate scenes. 

The only real dark planet that might be scary depending on the kids age is Dathomir since it's full of Night Sister Zombies and acolytes. 

• Like 2

SPOILERS

The more this show toes the line on the OT crossovers, the more I wish they'd just stay in their lane. You want to give Boba a redemption episode? Ok. I'm ok with it, but seeing a character as sacred as Boba get thrown for five by an SJW in the bar felt a bit sacrilegious. Maybe they really should have just let old things die. Gravedigging Luke should have been a bit more subtle imo too. It was fun seeing him get a "full power Luke" moment that mirrored his dads Rogue One hallway scene but felt a bit tasteless in the end. An opportunity was missed to have Boba on the bridge when Luke came in too.

Also, that ending means that either Kylo diggled Baby Yoda at Luke's school or Baby Yoda is an escape artist because he has now escaped both the Order 66 slaughter on the Jedi Temple and Luke's school. 

Overall, enjoyed the season more than the first and kind of looking forward to a post-Baby Yoda series where Mando can either throw bounty hands again or is caught up in the Dark Saber politics. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Make sure to watch all of the way through. There is a mid credits scene. 

Yea, just read about this and missed it. Curious what peoples thoughts are on that ending, the episode, and the season. 

• Like 1

Look, I haven't read the comics or books or anything...I don't know any of the background stories etc etc etc.

So I really enjoyed the episode....the reveal at the end was awesome to me...tons of questions going into season 3.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, POTUF said:

Yea, just read about this and missed it. Curious what peoples thoughts are on that ending, the episode, and the season. 

I liked it. Not only was Luke a badass, but now the kid is gone and Mando can move on to new plot points. How long could we really have him baby sitting?

• Like 3

Everyone is saying Grogu must have died at Luke’s temple, but there’s a million ways to have him not be at the temple when that happens.

Edited by 12еr
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, 12еr said:

Everyone is saying Grogu must have died at Luke’s temple, but there’s a million ways to have him not be at the temple when that happens.

i didn't think that until TUF mentioned it...but that's not why she would be rekt....she only gonna be rekt b/c baby yoda is probably out of the series now.

9 hours ago, POTUF said:

SPOILERS

The more this show toes the line on the OT crossovers, the more I wish they'd just stay in their lane. You want to give Boba a redemption episode? Ok. I'm ok with it, but seeing a character as sacred as Boba get thrown for five by an SJW in the bar felt a bit sacrilegious. Maybe they really should have just let old things die. Gravedigging Luke should have been a bit more subtle imo too. It was fun seeing him get a "full power Luke" moment that mirrored his dads Rogue One hallway scene but felt a bit tasteless in the end. An opportunity was missed to have Boba on the bridge when Luke came in too.

Also, that ending means that either Kylo diggled Baby Yoda at Luke's school or Baby Yoda is an escape artist because he has now escaped both the Order 66 slaughter on the Jedi Temple and Luke's school. 

Overall, enjoyed the season more than the first and kind of looking forward to a post-Baby Yoda series where Mando can either throw bounty hands again or is caught up in the Dark Saber politics. 

On the bold, I think it was the way to power check the new chick to a known baseline. She must be stepping up next season. I was more dirty that they played the "dark sabre can cut through anything", "well almost anything" in the bar scene, stole from the tension of the Moff battle. I knew once they said it beskar must stop it.

Still down about this series. They shortcut good story telling, they dont world build, and they set new lore as they need it blatantly through quick and direct conversation. I havent felt there has been any cliff hangers I didnt feel would be resolved by the next episodes problem->solution format. 

I hate that they know we will watch it because its Star Wars. They treat the numbers they generate though this series as a barometer for doing it well rather than blind franchise allegiance. If they do the other Star Wars series with the same level of plot transparency i will be done with the franchise, they need to stop relying on the universe they already have and expand it. If only they could write to the level of the visual effects...

Edited by Genki

Boba the Hutt! 🤣

Finale was good. Seeing Luke as a Master at his peak was ok, but I honestly would have preferred they either used some less known, or even ****ed with everyone and brought back Mace.

I figured they would keep the Skywalker out if the series.

That said, now we will see the battle of the Mandalorians over the blade. So I guess its a new chapter so to speak. Bring in Thrawn!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MoZZez said:

Boba the Hutt! 🤣

Finale was good. Seeing Luke as a Master at his peak was ok, but I honestly would have preferred they either used some less known, or even ****ed with everyone and brought back Mace.

I figured they would keep the Skywalker out if the series.

That said, now we will see the battle of the Mandalorians over the blade. So I guess its a new chapter so to speak. Bring in Thrawn!

Thrawn is the baddie for the Ahsoka series apparently. Im good with 1 more season of Mandalorian and then move on. Wish his story had stayed more confined. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 12еr said:

My guess is Din will join Bo Katan to help take back Mandalore.

The rivalry shoehorned in between Boba and Koska makes me think theyll do some kind of Din vs Boba angle now that theyre both sitting on their respective thrones. 

4 hours ago, POTUF said:

The rivalry shoehorned in between Boba and Koska makes me think theyll do some kind of Din vs Boba angle now that theyre both sitting on their respective thrones. 

I doubt we are going to see Boba on the Mandalorian again. They are going to do the Boba Fett show and they just put him in here to show the fans he’s alive and to rehabilitate his image a bit because he was a villain up to now.

Edited by 12еr
  • Like 2

If I'm reading this right then the Mandalorian S3 is being pushed back with the Book of Boba Fett in it's usual spot next year. Great we're getting more content but bit disappointing that it's at the expense of a 2021 Mando S3 I suppose. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mandalorian-season-3-production-book-141416025.html

• Sad 1