juice64011

The Mandalorian discussion thread (Warning:Spoilers)

On 12/21/2020 at 8:09 AM, POTUF said:

If I'm reading this right then the Mandalorian S3 is being pushed back with the Book of Boba Fett in it's usual spot next year. Great we're getting more content but bit disappointing that it's at the expense of a 2021 Mando S3 I suppose. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mandalorian-season-3-production-book-141416025.html

Dang that sucks. Was looking forward to Mando S3, but Favreau and Filoni are producing Book of Boba - I think it'll be great. 

Imagine the first episode:

Boba -"somehow....Greedo returned"

2022 is finna be LIT though:

1. Kenobi  2. Mando Season three. 3. Andor? 4. Jedi Fallen Order 2

^that list is also coincidentally in the order of what I'm looking forward to. 

• Thanks 1

If all those released in 2022, I'd assume Kenobi releases in the spring - probably right around May the 4th. Mando in fall as usual. Jedi Fallen order in November like the first one.

Not sure where that puts Andor...maybe summer?

3 hours ago, Nyte said:

Dang that sucks. Was looking forward to Mando S3, but Favreau and Filoni are producing Book of Boba - I think it'll be great. 

Imagine the first episode:

Boba -"somehow....Greedo returned"

2022 is finna be LIT though:

1. Kenobi  2. Mando Season three. 3. Andor? 4. Jedi Fallen Order 2

^that list is also coincidentally in the order of what I'm looking forward to. 

1 & 2 yes.

3 - I really don't care about Andor.  I'd rather watch "The **** I've seen.  The story of Salacious B. Crumb

Salacious Crumb

12yr old got a diamond art project that is legit...it's a picture: Half Anakin/Half Vader....I'll post a pic once she is done.

She got surprise Padme and Mace figures from her Uncle as well

810NsabXlVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

agreed...I was trying to figure out why it was blue....was it known in 1999 that Mace had a purple saber? 

hard to imagine the manufacturer would make a mistake like this if it was "known"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

agreed...I was trying to figure out why it was blue....was it known in 1999 that Mace had a purple saber? 

Apparently not. Light saber effects would be something added in post production and we didn't see Mace's saber till episode 2 so probably not until 2001-02? 

Guessing this discussion took place during episode 1 though

Edited by POTUF
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SVTContour98 said:

Not to the public, but I did hear that Jackson said he wanted a purple one before taking the role. He didn’t use it until the AOTC which was in like 2002 I think.

1 hour ago, POTUF said:

Mystery solved

A little different than I thought, but what I had heard was mostly correct.

• Like 3

Breaking news friends; due to my Amazon imbargo (caused by Brexit; feel free to catch up on the latest Brexit news in the Politics Thread), i panic subscribed to Disney. I will be binging on the Mandalorian imminently, and will post my hot takes soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Breaking news friends; due to my Amazon imbargo (caused by Brexit; feel free to catch up on the latest Brexit news in the Politics Thread), i panic subscribed to Disney. I will be binging on the Mandalorian imminently, and will post my hot takes soon.

I look forward to arguing with the same amount of conviction and ferocity as I did about the capital riots if I don’t like your opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 12еr said:

I look forward to arguing with the same amount of conviction and ferocity as I did about the capital riots if I don’t like your opinion.

I would expect nothing less. But typically i find we are aligned on Star Wars. It's hipsters like @POTUF I find to have some dodgy views on this topic.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I would expect nothing less. But typically i find we are aligned on Star Wars. It's hipsters like @POTUF I find to have some dodgy views on this topic.

We will watch your career with great interest!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thread has been peaceful for too long. Who has the Spaceballs to leave their hot takes:

Favorite Jedi:

Favorite character:

Least favorite character: 

Favorite light saber battle:

Favorite movie:

Least favorite trilogy: 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, POTUF said:

Thread has been peaceful for too long. Who has the Spaceballs to leave their hot takes:

Favorite Jedi: Luke

Favorite character:  Anakin

Least favorite character: Jar Jar

Favorite light saber battle: Anakin v Kenobi Ep3

Favorite movie: Spaceballs

Least favorite trilogy:  Sequel Trilogy

• Like 2

Favorite Jedi: Yoda

Favorite character: Han Solo

Least favorite character: Kylo Ren

Favorite light saber battle: Darth Maul vs Anakin and Qui Gon Jinn

Favorite movie: Return of the Jedi

Least favorite trilogy: Sequel

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, juice64011 said:

ouch...I enjoyed Kylo...he was the main bright spot in the sequel trilogy for me

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, POTUF said:

Favorite Jedi: Qui Gon (Had his own ideology and trained Obi Wan and even Yoda in the ways of transcending)

Favorite character: Din Djarin (He's like OT Fett but with actual character development and deserved fandom) 

Least favorite character: Rose (None of her actions made sense nor lead to anything very consequential in TLJ. Waste of screen time) 

Favorite light saber battle: Dual of the Fates (Obi Wan/Qui Gon vs Maul) Obvious reasons 

Favorite movie: Rogue One (Still feels like the most Star Wars movie since the OT and was my first experience watching in IMAX Dome)

Least favorite trilogy: Sequel Trilogy (Felt like the least Star Wars movie to the point that the next movie nearly retconned it's whole existence 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, POTUF said:

Thread has been peaceful for too long. Who has the Spaceballs to leave their hot takes:: 

Favorite Jedi: Yoda

Favorite character: Yoda

Favorite light saber battle: Yoda vs Dooku even if it went overboard. 

Favorite movie: Rogue One

Least favorite trilogy: Prequel 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

What do you have against my favorite radar technician 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, POTUF said:

What do you have against my favorite radar technician 

There are worse minor characters like Rose Tico but he's my least favorite main character. A lot of it has to do with the inconsistent writing. 

His power is inconsistent. He is wounded by something that most jedi would deflect. Untrained common man Finn got a hit in, and Rey beat him. Later he is cutting through people like they are nothing. You could say he got more powerful with his connection to Rey but he also is conflicted between light and dark which should make him weaker not stronger. 

Luke fools him with the force but then he is able to hide his intentions and kill Snoke. Two of the most powerful characters in the galaxy, two different outcomes. 

He openly ripped off Vader, we can say that he was trying to be like his grandfather but Vader had a reason for the helmet. It was just the studio trying to make a new modern day version of an iconic character. 

Way too often he comes off as a whiny, spoiled teen full of angst instead of a leader of one of the strongest factions in the universe. 

Emo Vader was a terrible villain. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sorry had to do it in top 3 ranking format

Favorite Jedi:

1. Yoda

2. QuiGon

3. ObiWan(alec Guiness)

Favorite character:

1. Tarkin

2. Vader

3. R2D2

1. Rey

2. Finn

3. Poe

1. Vader end scene in Rogue One

2. Duel Of fates

3. Old Vader vs Old ObiWan

Favorite movie:

1. ESB

2. ANH

3. ROS and RO

Least favorite trilogy:

1. Kathleen Keenedy trilogy

2. Prequels

3. Originals

Edited by VertFTW
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/13/2021 at 7:01 AM, POTUF said:

Favorite Jedi:

Favorite character:

Favorite movie:

Least favorite trilogy: 

*Edit: Guess I'll add some explanations besides each

Favorite Jedi: Anakin Skywalker (I like the overall story of Anakin and arc he has - although that is only because it's bolstered through the Clone Wars series which really fleshes out his character. I like he teeters between the light and dark side. If I'm going just movies-only , I'd go with Ben Kenobi - he's a savage. Slicing off limbs in a bar, completely not giving a fook if Baru an Owen are RIP in pieces...Ben Kenobi is dope.)

Favorite Character: Kylo Ren/Ben Solo. (People are gonna hate me for this , but you can kindly fook off. Kylo Ren is how George wished Anakin was portrayed in the prequels, but George can't write characters or direct people for chit. Thorougly enjoyed Kylo's arc in the sequels , and lets be honest, he's the only one with a cohesive arc in the sequels. I really enjoy Kylo in TLJ. Liked his redemption in IX and how he replayed his bridge scene with Han Solo, only with a different outcome. Just wished we got more Ben Solo, himself.

Least Favorite Character: General Grevous (don't know why , but can't stand him and he's pointless)

Favorite Lightsaber battle: Darth Vader vs Luke Skywalker - Return of the Jedi. (this fight actually has emotion to it. It's less about the "fight" , but really the circumstances of the fight, which ultimately results in the return of Anakin. Anakin vs Obi-Wan in ROTS is too long and loses my attention - it also has zero emotional attachment because his turn was so quick and unconvincing . Had they just shortened the fight to one-two minutes, it could have been equally epic and impactful)

Favorite Movie: Empire Strikes Back (no explanation needed)

Least Favorite Trilogy: Prequels (TPM is unwatchable to me. AOTC is boring as hell. Maybe last 15-minutes of movie are decent, but doesn't make up for all the boring exposition before that. ROTS is the only good prequels movie)

Edited by Nyte
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 8:05 AM, MoZZez said:

Favorite Jedi: Yoda

Favorite character: Yoda

Favorite light saber battle: Yoda vs Dooku even if it went overboard. 

Favorite movie: Rogue One

Least favorite trilogy: Prequel 

I think this guy likes Yoda

I can get onboard with this list. Yoda vs Dooku is probably only good part of AOTC , event though it completely disregards his character in the OT and the very foundations of Star Wars. "welp guess we're even in the force, so we'll just use our lightsabers now" i.e. George just made lightsabers stronger than the force. *fart*