VertFTW

Vert's Bitcoin Thread

Tesla stock is up over 800% from last year for really no reason. They didn't have a huge increase in sales. Battery Day was Meh. The company was cutting salaries and bonuses for employees, the only real reason it made a profit was because of government credits and pre-orders. Now with a pandemic I'm assuming a lot of those pre-orders will be cancelled.

All of the big auto manufacturers are dipping into the electric market with more affordable options as well. 

Their current price doesn't make any sense but most stock prices don't. 

• Like 1

If you have the spare cash, you absolutely should be investing right now though. There is a ton of money to be made and there are a lot of apps that give you free trading. Do some research and buy stock in a few different companies. They could easily be up over 100% in the next couple of years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

Tesla stock is up over 800% from last year for really no reason. They didn't have a huge increase in sales. Battery Day was Meh. The company was cutting salaries and bonuses for employees, the only real reason it made a profit was because of government credits and pre-orders. Now with a pandemic I'm assuming a lot of those pre-orders will be cancelled.

All of the big auto manufacturers are dipping into the electric market with more affordable options as well. 

Their current price doesn't make any sense but most stock prices don't. 

He's making design & manufacturing gainz constantly though & these other companies are still way behind. He's basically improving everything at around 3% each yr. Tesla can scale as good as any of them & keep improving at a faster r8. Dipping is not good enough in the long run. They can play that game but the slower they switch over the quicker they left behind. 

They cut salaries/bonuses but employees have stock options so it's relative. Company's stock gain they gain. The sales will come it's just a matter of time. 

Battery day may not have seemed like a big deal to average person with no big eye candy release to get excited about but some of the his innovations & manufacturing methods especially on battery efficiency is soon going to make electric self driving cars a reality for many sooner than people think. Million mile battery is coming soon. 

The sought after affordable lower price pointed EV when that comes out will just plain beat other vehicles & make them obsolete. Once they get the battery and charging situation really sorted for big rigs being efficient & the price points go down for all his EV's it's game over and the ones that didn't heavily invest in EV's will likely go out of business rapidly. He is way ahead of everyone else. Tesla's are just better & will snowball the momentum of his lead by a large margin. 

Add to that solar panel roofs, powerwall & other such products plus space X, Starlink, Neuralink & we might be looking at the world's first trillionaire in say 15 to 20 yrs. Very possible. 

China, Europe...eventually the US and the rest of the developing world switching over is inevitable. Tesla is already set to monopolize a lot of the EV car market even without all that other renewable energy stuff most of which just complements his cars business model & advances tech & manufacturing plus entices the best engineers to come work for him.

If solid state batteries which i think they're on the verge of making or even theoretical Quantum batteries happen in say the next 5-10 yrs it's gonna push all this even quicker. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, StompGrind said:

Meh i could wait for a dip but i'm mainly thinking about it long term. 

If i bought some soon ish & hang in there 5-10 yrs unless he dies or really fks up or goes out of business he's pretty much going to have a monopoly on the electric car business which is absolutely going to be the future. Car companies that lag behind on electric sustainable energy cars are going to be out of business in the near future if they don't get on board now. He is so far ahead on innovation and he'll own many patents & get royalties from other companies to license his tech to them. Unless Bezo's & other big players just start throwing gobs of money to competitors to try to step on his toes the rest of the industry can't keep up with him. 

The only thing big energy can do right now is try to buy up resources to make the transition off of fossil fuels slower but it's going to happen they can't stop it & Tesla will lead the market. 

By the time it really starts catching on the stock will be out of reach fast so why not get in now in the next say yr or two? 

In the end it's best to do you own research and make your own call because for all we know it could double or triple in value from here once trump wins... 

IMO we are at the top and will be a sharp 60% correction coming but if I were to buy tesla stock I would dollar cost average in over a period of time to spread risk.

Right now tesla is valued more than any other car company by market cap by alot so I dont see where the adfitional upside will come from at current prices. I think all the developments you are calling out are already priced in and then some.

22043.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

Tech Bubble 2.0 wont truly go parabolic for another few years...maybe Fall 2022

EbSpH1NXQAA8khA?format=jpg&name=medium

we just touched the top band last month and the bottom range this last week.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, SVTContour98 said:

I don't really care about trying to snatch up a lot when it reaches a low. All i know is i don't wanna be that idiot that it suddenly sky rockets & it's out of range & i'm kicking myself in the @ss missing it like....awe man i should have.....

I have a little in bitcoin because i know blockchain is the future. Some in precious metals because you can't really go wrong with that unless they start mining asteroids like tomorrow & soon'ish i'm going with Tesla. Enough to prosper but not enough to break me with possibility of dat David Choe or Dan Bilzerian life if it really takes off. 😂

Gonna have a talk with my bro about it soon since he's moving down here & it's his area of expertise.  

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 2

Guessing that money will flow into DEX...aka uniswap. Will be interesting to track...seems like some funds went to Monero since the price there pumped a few days ago(insiders bailing out of bitmex)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VertFTW said:

Guessing that money will flow into DEX...aka uniswap. Will be interesting to track...seems like some funds went to Monero since the price there pumped a few days ago(insiders bailing out of bitmex)

if you have anything in that place, get it out now

On 9/26/2020 at 3:40 PM, SVTContour98 said:

2 hours ago, SVTContour98 said:

EjVmtoCWoAI6yLr?format=jpg&name=large

EjWDDnSX0AAAxzg?format=jpg&name=large

On 10/2/2020 at 2:01 PM, SVTContour98 said:

So you are saying this isnt the blow off top yet? Hmmm maybe

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 3:40 PM, SVTContour98 said:

On 10/2/2020 at 11:54 AM, SVTContour98 said:

EjVmtoCWoAI6yLr?format=jpg&name=large

On 10/2/2020 at 2:01 PM, SVTContour98 said:

Ej0MhCZU0AA_LK2?format=png&name=large

On 10/8/2020 at 8:07 AM, SVTContour98 said:

$SQ bought $50million in Bitcoin!!!!!

HUGE. Square owns cashapp which might end up even dwarfing square. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

@VertFTW

Bro, remember that rumor I mentioned earlier this year????

https://cryptonews.com/news/breaking-paypal-goes-bitcoin-8064.htm

Breaking: PayPal Goes Bitcoin, Ethereum And More (UPDATED)

Online payments giant PayPal has announced that it will officially be joining the crypto markets as it will be offering US account holders the ability to buy, sell, and hold bitcoin (BTC), ethereum (ETH), bitcoin cash (BCH) and litecoin (LTC) in their PayPal wallets. (Updated at 13:01 UTC: updates throughout the entire text).

In the coming weeks, PayPal users in the United States should be able to engage and manage the mentioned cryptoassets on one of the largest digital payments platforms in the world. As of July 2020, PayPal has recorded 346 million active accounts and has processed USD 222bn in the second quarter of 2020.

PayPal is seemingly trialing the move in the US as it has intentions to expand this new service to other countries as well as its digital wallet app, Venmo, in the first half of 2021.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

@SVTContour98 what are you buying?

i'm in pretty deep as it is homie....so i'm on the sidelines and not much else fiat i'm willing to put into crypto....but, this guy's bitcoin chart has been playing out to perfection....you should scan his twitter...pretty LEGIT on stonks and crypto basically...if Bitcoin is on the way to $14-$15k....then i'm not sure if Alts are ready to melt faces or not just yet

Edited by SVTContour98